The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-20-2011, 02:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I completely agree with you.

Nathalie, Albert has never worn a ring so it should be a surprise he has worn one not that on a few occasions he hasn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I guess. It's just that people seem to have an odd perspective from this marriage, from what i see.
If anything, a ring doesn't really tell us what is going between doors.
I completely agree with you both. :)

Old 09-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

We do not know for sure if Charlene tried to flee Monaco or not and probably never will. Even if you do think the marriage is a little off, now that it has actually happened I would hope people would change their tunes to wishing them the most happiness that is available to them, rather than wanting to be proven right.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-25-2011, 03:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
We do not know for sure if Charlene tried to flee Monaco or not and probably never will. Even if you do think the marriage is a little off, now that it has actually happened I would hope people would change their tunes to wishing them the most happiness that is available to them, rather than wanting to be proven right.
Could not agree with you more. It's done and over with-Albert married Charlene are married, get over it and move on. Whatever is/has gone behind closed doors is behind closed doors and none of our business. It's not fair to them to speculate what's allegedly "really" going on either. Hopefully, it'll die down soon like whatever the heat is over the situation between Caro and E-A has died down.
Who knows what "deal" they've all reached, or even if any deals were reached-quite frankly, it's not our business. We're better off grining and bearing whatever comes next.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:29 AM
Serene Highness

How can you wish happiness to people who have reach to an agreement? People who marry for love find love, even if it´s difficult to live together. When people made agreement, i don´t really care if they are happy. I suppose they are happy if they get what they want: money, a title, a heir. So I could not care less about their happiness. It is all appearance.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
How can you wish happiness to people who have reach to an agreement? People who marry for love find love, even if it´s difficult to live together.
That's pretty cold and harsh. I would have thought that whatever reasons people have for marrying, be it love, compatibility, companionship, loneliness, time clocks, etc. wishing a couple happy is not a big thing. Withholding it is cold and mean spirited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I suppose they are happy if they get what they want: money, a title, a heir. So I could not care less about their happiness. It is all appearance.
And you can you actually back this opinion that they did not marry for love with cold hard facts, including reputable sources? If not then you, along with the tabloids, are speculating wildly and your compassion well is obviously as dry as a bone and your heart a dried up stone!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I share here a different,but neutral opinion.It's obviously their marriage is not for love as people usually perceive it(but we should not forget that Albert is at different age than younger royal grooms or husbands,for him the expression of love turns differently,attraction being on the second place at his age),but there is no just reason,I do think despite their age diffference Albert and Charlene share many common interests(especially regarding sport) and values,from which we can conclude that they are good friends besides just wife and husband.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Is it not possible for them to be friends, lovers, and actually in love with each other regardless of the age difference or, are we all letting a nasty bit of pre-wedding journalism slant the way we see this couple.

I am still trying to fathom the "Great Escape That Wasn't" when she could have just stayed in South Africa. To me it makes as much sense as the allegations that Prince Albert had fathered another illegitimate child and was going to have to provide DNA, and then further allegations of yet another baby, and here we are, months after the wedding, and where have these mothers and babies disappeared to?

The same place as "The Great Escape"?
Old 09-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it is just a case of some people who are rather bitter and as a result cannot see anything positive in anyone. For some people the glass is always half empty. No one outside of the 2 principles knows what goes on in their marriage which is as it should be. Surely we have seen enough couples who radiated love and joy and then picked up the papers to read that they had filed for divorce. People get married for all sorts of reasons such as companionship, affection, mutual interests, friendship, parenthood, feeling that they can make a life together......none of which preclude love being a part of the package. Love looks different to everyone.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I think it is just a case of some people who are rather bitter and as a result cannot see anything positive in anyone. For some people the glass is always half empty. No one outside of the 2 principles knows what goes on in their marriage which is as it should be. Surely we have seen enough couples who radiated love and joy and then picked up the papers to read that they had filed for divorce. People get married for all sorts of reasons such as companionship, affection, mutual interests, friendship, parenthood, feeling that they can make a life together......none of which preclude love being a part of the package. Love looks different to everyone.
You are very right, well said and bravo !
Old 09-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

This thread has been cleaned - the off-topic and personal discussions have been deleted,
if you wish to continue your personal discussions please use the private message system
instead! Thanks!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:15 AM
Courtier

[does not let you edit and keeps asking you to log-in over and over again].

Anyway will see what this year brings!

Albert has such a big smile on his face every time you see him. He seems happy and content as does Charlene.

The signs to me are they are very very happy it is a true love match.

We saw the complete opposite with Charles and Diana ---- Charles looked miserable so often but it went unnoticed by the public. Even if Charlene has not done anything special as yet for Monaco, she has Albert's love and devotion.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Well said, angieuk.
There has to come a time when even the couple's distractors can leave them in peace.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Courtier

Call me a romantic but I think that theirs is a genuine love match. I don't want to go over old ground as I'm sure that it was discussed here at the time of the wedding but when I saw Charlene rest her head on Albert's shoulder following the civil ceremony I just went gooey inside. It was a simple, instinctive, loving and genuine gesture of happiness (in my opinion).
Old 08-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh well, from one gooey to another. The photographs of Charlene and Albert at the Olympics seem to speak of a warm and loving relationship. I was particularly taken by a set of photographs of them taken during a swim event involving South Africa.

http://i46.tinypic.com/hvt8o0.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/faamhv.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/124fuky.jpg

How utterly delightful! I am really getting to love this couple. I love the way they have just thrown themselves into supporting the Olympics and the way Albert supports his wife's ex countrymen. Now if that isn't love, what is?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:29 AM
Courtier

I guess being/feeling more private they can "let themselves go" and show some emotions!
I love that!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Oh well, from one gooey to another. The photographs of Charlene and Albert at the Olympics seem to speak of a warm and loving relationship. I was particularly taken by a set of photographs of them taken during a swim event involving South Africa.

http://i46.tinypic.com/hvt8o0.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/faamhv.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/124fuky.jpg

How utterly delightful! I am really getting to love this couple. I love the way they have just thrown themselves into supporting the Olympics and the way Albert supports his wife's ex countrymen. Now if that isn't love, what is?
These are just adorable. !! Yes, it's genuine love and fun, caring, sharing etc. !!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

In January Charlene will be thirty five and that is the age they I think start amnio on ladies wishing to have children. Hope they have a child soon and start that family that is supposed to happen.All the best
Old 09-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Is it not possible for them to be friends, lovers, and actually in love with each other regardless of the age difference or, are we all letting a nasty bit of pre-wedding journalism slant the way we see this couple.

I am still trying to fathom the "Great Escape That Wasn't" when she could have just stayed in South Africa. To me it makes as much sense as the allegations that Prince Albert had fathered another illegitimate child and was going to have to provide DNA, and then further allegations of yet another baby, and here we are, months after the wedding, and where have these mothers and babies disappeared to?

The same place as "The Great Escape"?
Well, possibly to the bank to cash the check upon signing the confidentiality agreement?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
In January Charlene will be thirty five and that is the age they I think start amnio on ladies wishing to have children. Hope they have a child soon and start that family that is supposed to happen.All the best
What do you mean ? Start amino?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Although I doubt the wilder rumours surrounding this marriage the absence of a pregnancy after all this time, and considering both their ages, makes the situation look a bit strange IMO. If PC can have children then what is the hold up and if she can't then what's the point of PA marrying now after all these years?

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship