The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
For all those who commented about Albert not wearing his wedding band he has it on in Leeds.
Well clearly it is just a publicity stunt. JK

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Courtier

I do believe that he is a tad slimmer since his wedding. This may be a factor in wearing, not wearing the ring. Also, during the summer some people's rings are tighter due to the hot weather. It might just be a question of the ring is too tight or may be too large now. I don't recall him wearing rings before so this might be an irritation to him.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I seriously doubt that. Especially since they had plenty of negative press starting before the wedding by someone who wanted to cause trouble. I believe agogo has it correct that he lost weight and or his fingers swelled. I can't wear my rings in the summer months. I have only seen him with a ring on one time for a photo from years ago why it surprised me he wore a wedding band at all.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness

I am like you , I can't wear my wedding ring in the summer, when the prince did not wear his ring ' not many times) it was very very hot on the cost, in the catholic religion the husband and his wife wear wedding rings, the man wears the ring which the proof that his wife loves him and is faithfull and vice versa
Old 09-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

My husband and I are both Catholic and married in Church. I wear my ring every day but my husband only wears his on special family occasions as he hates wearing jewellry. It was touch and go as to whether he would wear a ring at all so I wouldn't read too much into anyone's wedding ring habits.

P.S. We are both very happily married.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Courtier

I am also a Roman Catholic and married over 50 years. My husband wore his ring only on special occassions, but never to work.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
I am also a Roman Catholic and married over 50 years. My husband wore his ring only on special occassions, but never to work.
My parents are Roman Catholic and my father has never worn his ring. His philosophy is that men don't wear jewellery. My husband wears his ring, so does my FIL and BIL.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
How pray tell is this a publicity stunt? Sheesh is anybody ever going to cut some slack for these two? Ring on or off is starting to sound like where to break the egg in Gulliver's Travels.Clearly it is not a publicity stunt.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Royal Highness

I don't believe there was any publicity stunt in Albert not wearing his wedding band. Many men don't wear their bands, whether that's right or not, I won't get into. William stated he wouldn't wear his ring and there wasn't an uproar as is with the Monaco couple. He wore his ring in Leeds and there you go.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Heir Apparent

My fingers swell sometimes, especially in warm weather. I cannot always wear my rings when I want to.

Maybe Albert is the same? In any case he has never looked happier. There is no way to fake the sort of contentment he seems to have now.

Anyone looking forward to cracks and/or the failure of this particular marriage should probably settle in for a looong wait..
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
My fingers swell sometimes, especially in warm weather. I cannot always wear my rings when I want to.

Maybe Albert is the same? In any case he has never looked happier. There is no way to fake the sort of contentment he seems to have now.

Anyone looking forward to cracks and/or the failure of this particular marriage should probably settle in for a looong wait..
Good point. I didn't think of that one. Could all together be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I don't believe there was any publicity stunt in Albert not wearing his wedding band. Many men don't wear their bands, whether that's right or not, I won't get into. William stated he wouldn't wear his ring and there wasn't an uproar as is with the Monaco couple. He wore his ring in Leeds and there you go.
I don't believe it was either. You're right-many men chose not to wear the band. And like you said, William said he wouldn't be wearing one and it's not a big deal, yet when Albert doesn't wear his, it's like the end of the world. Kinda like their honeymoon...but I won't open that can of worms here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
How pray tell is this a publicity stunt? Sheesh is anybody ever going to cut some slack for these two? Ring on or off is starting to sound like where to break the egg in Gulliver's Travels.Clearly it is not a publicity stunt.
Well said, Jaya! :) It's like people are looking for them to make some minor mistake...and when they do, it's a huge thing, yet when someone else (Catherine and William *hem*) do the exact same thing (delaying their honeymoon for previous commitments, him not wearing a wedding band, etc), it's nothing at all.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Courtier

Many men who aren't used to wearing jewelry can find rings uncomfortable so maybe he has decided he just isn't a ring wearing guy. It isn't like no one knows he is married and he is trying pretend he is single! Or he could have just forgotten to put it on after a shower or his hands have swollen a little. I doubt it's a big deal. The press have been at this two since day one fortelling of a runaway bride and an unhappy honeymoon etc. None of the British Royal men wear wedding rings so William was never expected to wear one.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:51 AM
Courtier

My husband wore his wedding ring and an initial ring for the first 6 months after we got married. He took it off gave it to me and I had it melted down into a ring (Claddaugh ring) for myself. That was 30 years ago.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why is it such a big deal that Albert didn't wear his ring a couple of times? Its like he committed a crime. Charlene didn't always wear her engagement ring before they were married. If you look at the recent photos he is wearing it.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Why is it such a big deal that Albert didn't wear his ring a couple of times? Its like he committed a crime. Charlene didn't always wear her engagement ring before they were married. If you look at the recent photos he is wearing it.
Precisely! And like I said before-William never wore one, and it's no big deal, yet Albert doesn't once and its a crime!

LadyMacAlpine, LOVE your avatar btw. :)
Old 09-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

But...problem is that before William's marriage he said he wasn't going to wear a ring. So people didn't expect him to do it.
Albert didn't say anything. Plus the rumours sourrounding him, it doesn't help to his marriage image at all that he doesn't wear his constantly.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I suspect it is only an issue for those individuals who are looking for an issue.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I suspect it is only an issue for those individuals who are looking for an issue.
I completely agree with you.

Nathalie, Albert has never worn a ring so it should be a surprise he has worn one not that on a few occasions he hasn't.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I completely agree with you.

Nathalie, Albert has never worn a ring so it should be a surprise he has worn one not that on a few occasions he hasn't.
I guess. It's just that people seem to have an odd perspective from this marriage, from what i see.
If anything, a ring doesn't really tell us what is going between doors.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I guess. It's just that people seem to have an odd perspective from this marriage, from what i see.
If anything, a ring doesn't really tell us what is going between doors.
Very true Nathalie about the perspectives perceptions regarding this couple. However lets not read omens as they do on other boards bashing away at these newlyweds via every gesture or lipstick shade etc. Years ago they said Charlene would never marry the Prince and this was almost sabotged in the last week with the fake allegations of CW's escape.Alas Princess Charlene is an athlete not Houdini's side kick.[to escape for any reason] My best wishes are always with them ........PA and PC

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship