The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-28-2011, 04:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that if there was a problem in their marriage he wouldn't broadcast it like that.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I find it ridiculous that Albert didnt wear his wedding ring.

I dont have a problem with men dont wearing their wedding ring at all. But once they decide to have one, wear it! Otherwise do it like Prince William, say I dont want one, and thats it.

But doing this whole lovey-dovey traditional ceremony and then taking the ring on and off is embarrassing, especially when the relationship is being surrounded by many rumours and scrutiny. Keeping that in mind, one could think that Albert is deliberately adding to the rumour mill but for what - a bad headline is better than no headline?

Old 08-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not understand the debate about the wedding ring of PA. In real life with anonumous people, sometimes married men who like to find girlfriends take outr their wedding rings, in order to pretend being single. But every body knows that Prince Albert is married...... so what would be the hidden purpose for him?? Noone. Ring or not ring, he is married.

I just believe that he is not used to wear such a thing, and he is disturbed.. at his age maybe his fingers get bigger during the day, so he just takes it out and put into the pocket, and suddenly a photograph is there to take the picture....
Old 08-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Or like many a person, he takes it off to wash his hands and forget its. Lets not forget, Albert is 52. If he hasn't been used to wearing a ring every it might just slip his mind to put it on. Who knows.

Either way, everyone knows he is married and if Charlene doesn't have a problem with it...........

Old 08-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Courtier

I think most men do not enjoy wearing wedding bands and find them irritating. As Zonk pointed out, we all know that Albert is married to Charlene, regardless of whether he wears a ring or not.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I think for Albert it would have been a good idea to get a tattooed wedding ring a la Pamela Anderson, no chance to take it off and people would be convinced that he is serious about the marriage!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Courtier

A tattooed wedding ring. I am certain he would be starting a new trend that could just catch on.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
A tattooed wedding ring. I am certain he would be starting a new trend that could just catch on.
The tattooed wedding ring has been around since the 1970s. Nothing new there.
As for wearing wedding jewelry all the time...it is a choice. My husband wore his and I took mine off not a month after our wedding.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Courtier

Maybe the ring is just too tight.
Remember how Charlene had to work on it to put it on Alberts finger.
And the warm weather in Monaco is certainly not of any help.
But like Zonk already pointed out Charlene doesn't have a problem with it why should we?!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I do not understand the debate about the wedding ring of PA. In real life with anonumous people, sometimes married men who like to find girlfriends take outr their wedding rings, in order to pretend being single..
LOL, well I know quite a few single guys who slip a wedding ring on when they go out to the clubs because it actually attracts women who want nothing more than a no strings attached one night stand. It actually has a high success rate.

My oldest brother wore his wedding ring at his wedding but rarely since then over the last 38 yrs. He just doesnt like jewellery, including wearing a watch. Lots of men do the same thing. No big deal. EVERYONE knows Albert is married so its not like he has to wear some outward symbol.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:02 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smush View Post
But like Zonk already pointed out Charlene doesn't have a problem with it why should we?!
Has Charlene said somewhere that she does not have a problem with her husband not wearing the ring?

It's true that there could be a "real" reason for him not wearing it, but if it's just for the sake of what it symbolizes, then it's plain stupid of Albert not to wear it with all the rumours about their relationship going on.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
The tattooed wedding ring has been around since the 1970s. Nothing new there.

As for wearing wedding jewelry all the time...it is a choice. My husband wore his and I took mine off not a month after our wedding.
Funny you mention this. My best friend's son and daughter in law got matching tattooed wedding rings whilst on honeymoon in New York. I must confess that it does not look offensive at all. In fact, interestingly attractive. Both original bands are now worn on a chain around their necks.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:18 AM
Royal Highness

Perhaps the ring is too tight or too large the ring must to be ajusted, I recall that Charlene also doesn't wear always her engagement ring.
I took off my ring some years ago because it became too tight but my husband wore his during all our wedding yea rs,
I think the prince takes off his ring for comodity and he doesn' want to live under the pressure of the medias which want to see a failure in the wedding and sell the newspapers as they did last month and make many money.
The most important think is that Charlene is agree , but it was not a good think after all the efforts they make to switch all the false rumors one month ago, and I think we will see Albert with the ring soon on his finger.
King Juan Carlos, prince William, do not wear the ring but there is no comment about this.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
King Juan Carlos, prince William, do not wear the ring but there is no comment about this.
I am not sure about Juan Carlos but Prince William, like his grandfather, decided NOT to have a wedding ring because he didnt want to wear one what is fine.

Especially for a person like Albert its unfortunate to take a wedding ring off and on again given the rumour mill and background that has surrounded the relationship / Alberts amorous past and still surrounds the marriage.

What does he think the papers will write when he is spotted without the wedding ring, that he is contributing to an image of being happily married?
Old 08-30-2011, 04:58 AM
Royal Highness

As if a ring was that much evidence that a marriage was okay...As long as those two know that their marriage is fine, then it's enough.

All others should not forget that those two are sportspeople and it's quite common that people on doing sport don't wear their rings and put it back on later. And sometimes forget about it or left the ring behind at home etc. Didn't Crown Prince Frederick once lost his ring on doing sports (swimming or sailing)? That's why most people take them off before they start their exercises. And I doubt Charlene does her swimming workout on wearing her jewellery...
Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

We are all judging the wearing of wedding jewelry by current American standards, which is wrong. Just like diamond engagement rings, after WWII, wedding rings for men was hyped by very successful marketing to the point where men wore them just to satisfy their wives. Most removed them after (or shortly after) the wedding. If one is going to measure the success of a marriage, the wearing of a wedding ring by the groom (or even the wearing of one by the bride) is not even a factor.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

It's purely a matter for the individual(s) to decide.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Courtier

I agree, wearing a ring doesn't have anything to do with the success of a marriage. My parents are a couple for 37 years and until today my father doesn't have the slightest clue where his ring is ;-) One day he took him off cause the ring was too big and it has never been seen again ....
Old 09-03-2011, 02:34 AM
Royal Highness

prince Albert of monaco wears again his wedding ring, we see photos on newscom where he received yesterday the mayor of nice for an agreement between Nice and Monaco . Perhaps, there was a problem of size but the medias want to see a problem where there is not. the tabloids want to do many money as they did in july at the times of the rumors which were untrue .
Old 09-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

For all those who commented about Albert not wearing his wedding band he has it on in Leeds.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship