The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Well, she could have just stayed in bed upstairs...I'm thinking that if I'm a 33 year old newlywed hoping to conceive a baby with my 53 year old spouse, I'm not going to be sleeping in a different place. Nevermind if they've been 'together' for years, they are married for less than two weeks at that time. Big deal if he's stuck in traffic for a bit, or if she has to schlep her nightie over to the Hilton. Most/all couples would have been in the same room every night.
When betrothed Prince Albert and Princess Charlene were late for I cannot remember what part of the wedding of the BRF... stuck in traffic or got the hours mixed up etcc...And as for the IOC being that exclusive so much for democracy.!

Old 07-20-2011, 04:07 AM
Majesty

I should have been clearer. I meant when Charles and Diana were visiting another country and in the same city, they stayed in the same building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I bet William and Catherine didn't spend the last weeks before their trip to Canada together for every night.
Yes, it's the appearance of the thing that's strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Like I said - poor advisement by their aides. I'm sure Albert & Charlene could care less what we think, but their aides should have "saved them from themselves" on this one - especially in light of the stories surrounding them.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
^^ previous
It's not so much the spending time apart, but the timing of which they are apart. Days after being wed and they choose to spend the night down the road from each other in different hotels just seems an odd decision (logistics isn't a very good reason IMO). I don't think many would have given it a second thought had it not been right after the wedding. Like I said - poor advisement by their aides. I'm sure Albert & Charlene could care less what we think, but their aides should have "saved them from themselves" on this one - especially in light of the stories surrounding them.
I completely agree, taking into account all the rumours around them, they should have been more careful and avoid further rumours by staying at the same hotel even though it was not son convenient !
Old 07-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I always regarded PA and CW as streetwise until now, but the whole palaver has left me thinking they are living in a bubble, oblivious to other people and their lives.
Just think back to the date changes .....
Old 07-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Heck, Renata, I'm pretty much oblivious to other people and their lives if they are not directly connected to me.

I don't think that is unusual.

And the date changes didn't seem to have been detrimental to the people who attended their wedding. Everyone but Spain and the Greeks were there...or were the Greeks there? I can't remember.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

As I've observed many people on different forums and papers put the negative accent on the relation of Albert and Charlene,that there is neither love nor passion between them.But I think they have a specific sympathy and friendship and they make a rather good couple.
I 've thought that why should people criticize them,when many royals or nobles ,even at rather young age date or marry the rich heiresses from the high society,where is their true love then if they make an alliance of equal money and a little passion and later end in divorce or complete antipacy.That's why I think Prince Albert is old enough to build his life and Charlene is smart enough to make the best choice.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
As I've observed many people on different forums and papers put the negative accent on the relation of Albert and Charlene,that there is neither love nor passion between them.But I think they have a specific sympathy and friendship and they make a rather good couple.
I 've thought that why should people criticize them,when many royals or nobles ,even at rather young age date or marry the rich heiresses from the high society,where is their true love then if they make an alliance of equal money and a little passion and later end in divorce or complete antipacy.That's why I think Prince Albert is old enough to build his life and Charlene is smart enough to make the best choice.
i think(correct me if im wrong) this wedding was said to be a "true love" match and then you find out there are issues(babies, the kiss on the balcony) behind the scenes.
i was happy for them but the rumors, issues and that kiss on the balcony look so awkward i was expecting something like prince will and princess cate and turn out to be a disappointment and then they stay in different hotel rooms on their "working honeymoon" its all just plan strange
Old 08-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

To cap it all, the story behind what you've written above is now the subject of a court case between PA/CW and a serious French newspaper.
Where will it all end ?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness

The press said Will and Kate practiced their kiss on the balcony. Maybe PA and Charlotte did not; therefore the awkwardness. Also PA is shy.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

its a kiss their not make an airplane just a kiss and its not like they havent done that before-she look so awkward c'mon even virgins can kiss better than pa and pc imo
Old 08-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I think you're right, semisquare - they've had plenty of practice over the years, I bet.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
i was expecting something like prince will and princess cate and turn out to be a disappointment
Why would you expect 2 different couples to behave the same?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Courtier

Practicing a kiss that's hilarious!
The kiss of Charlene and Albert looked weird.
She was pretty shy and nervous but attached to Albert. The way she acted after the kiss when she put her head against Alberts shoulders was kind of cute and shy again!
Albert seemed pretty unprofessional. Kissing with eyes open
On the balcony, the woman he loves and just got married to.
For me absolutely NO GO!
That's the way I kiss my husband "good bye" when I leave the house.

The kiss at the wedding in the palace was kind of unsatisfying for Charlene.
When you look at her eyes and her behavior she was hoping for more passion and wanting it to last looooonger!
She look disappointed right after and took a deep breath like she would say,
"oh gosh couldn't he kiss me longer and more intense?!"
Watch the video and you see what I mean!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
i think(correct me if im wrong) this wedding was said to be a "true love" match and then you find out there are issues(babies, the kiss on the balcony) behind the scenes.
i was happy for them but the rumors, issues and that kiss on the balcony look so awkward i was expecting something like prince will and princess cate and turn out to be a disappointment and then they stay in different hotel rooms on their "working honeymoon" its all just plan strange
It has been in the press that none of Prince Alberts ex-gfs have come forward with any paternity claims. As for the kiss they both looked very stressed, I can understand why with what the press published they were no doubt upset especially since they have not only denied the rumors but are suing. It was an intentional act on someones part to ruin their wedding. I will not be at all surprised to learn a jealous female Albert rejected for Charlene had something to do with this. And or a former or currently unhappy employee who for one reason or another didn't like Charlene.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I think I would rather have an awkward kiss than a practiced kiss. Both can be insincere, but I think awkward is a bit more honest.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
It has been in the press that none of Prince Alberts ex-gfs have come forward with any paternity claims. As for the kiss they both looked very stressed, I can understand why with what the press published they were no doubt upset especially since they have not only denied the rumors but are suing. It was an intentional act on someones part to ruin their wedding. I will not be at all surprised to learn a jealous female Albert rejected for Charlene had something to do with this. And or a former or currently unhappy employee who for one reason or another didn't like Charlene.
Absolutely agree, this all has the earmarks of a planned attack at just the "perfect" moment to cause stress and distress. I really wish they could find out who is at the bottom of this (although they may already know) despite the fact that they can probably can do nothing about it.

Oh for the days of an absolute monarchy when the King/Prince could send someone to the guillotine or axe for truly nasty behavior.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Thank for articulating this Lady Mac.
There is no end to maliciousness in the world and this takes the cake.This is no jealous female but a mental freak out chick..... needs to learn a lesson.It is a type of horrid mischief. They did a lot of kissing and I thought it was appropriate and fine.THis was alas a rite of passage and they were both excited and realizing what the quantam leap meant... All is fine
Old 08-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Absolutely agree, this all has the earmarks of a planned attack at just the "perfect" moment to cause stress and distress. I really wish they could find out who is at the bottom of this (although they may already know) despite the fact that they can probably can do nothing about it.

Oh for the days of an absolute monarchy when the King/Prince could send someone to the guillotine or axe for truly nasty behavior.
We fought a revolution against that, but perhaps, you forget. This is all nonsense. Kissing in public is a celebrity function. People are people, some are shy, some are bold. Kissing is a private function.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
We fought a revolution against that, but perhaps, you forget. This is all nonsense. Kissing in public is a celebrity function. People are people, some are shy, some are bold. Kissing is a private function.
Surely you jest .... just as I did with the laughing symbol. i did not intend to receive a lesson in history nor was I suggesting a return to the guillotine. My point was that clearly this whole thing has been orchestrated, IMHO, and unfortunately there is little in terms of response, that can be done about it.

As for the kiss, I frankly didn't take much notice, it is all the other truly nasty media reports that I was referring to.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I understand and I hade hoped you would, too. Don't know how to use the foolish symbols. I am too old.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship