The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 07-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
He is not living the bachelor life as he is always with her !
Yeah. It sort of looks as if he's pretty settled--temportarily or permanently. We shall see. As long as it pleases himself. And we shall have to accept his will. (PA's)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 07-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ansonia, United States
Posts: 139
Prince Albert and Charlene

Somehow, to me, they don't look comfortable with each other. They seem like friends, they don't look like a loving couple. After 3/4 years of dating you would expect more eye contact, closeness. When i see photos of Albert alone, he appears to be relaxed and smiling. When i see photos of them together the photos appear stiff, cold, not connecting. Even Charlene's face and posture seem like she's not really into him. I think she's a pretty girl in her own way, but I don't see her as his wife, the connection isn't there.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 07-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
For some reason they don't look like they want to be together. It's coldness between those two.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 07-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Has anyone come across the latest outing and her dress with the plunging neckline? No bra,tres Hollywood, side of chest exposed??
For some reason I believe she was spruced enough for appearances but if she were heading for a title, they'd advise her to dress a bit more appropriately.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 08-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ansonia, United States
Posts: 139
Prince Albert and Charlene

Since the Death of Prince Reinee, I think the family in it self has been relaxed in their style of dress. However, I just don't see Charlene as Princess Charlene I think she plays to the camera, a lot, they don't seem like they fit.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
The whole world is changing and what used to be taboo is the norm these days. I find it sad that old establishments like Royalty are caught up in the current trends.
20 years ago a lady would never have allowed herself to be seen so often with the same man without an "announcement" so to speak. P. Albert says to anyone who'd listen that marriage is not in the cards anytime soon. (??? Perhaps by the time he reaches retirement age?) What is she waiting for? I would have hightailed it out of there in a New York minute........
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 08-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ansonia, United States
Posts: 139
Charlene and Albert

I think it's safe to say that Charlene is enjoying what the relationship had and continues to offer such as publicity, contacts with important people, however, in the back of her mind she must wonder if it is truly going anywhere such as marriage, unless she doensn't mind if marriage is in the cards. Who truly knows. It must be hard for Albert also, to have any type of "normal" relationship with a woman, because the press will be there at every turn with photos for us and speculation. It could be that he truly hasn't made up his mind if Charlene is the woman for him for the rest of his life. Maybe he's enjoying what the relationship is offering himself at the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
oxygen's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
Since the Death of Prince Reinee, I think the family in it self has been relaxed in their style of dress. However, I just don't see Charlene as Princess Charlene I think she plays to the camera, a lot, they don't seem like they fit.
Rainier*
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 08-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 212
This is all starting to make me feel ill. Everyone sees the superficial outward appearance of this match. Maybe they are not into "love" ??

I would like to see her doing more with her mind and her soul publically.
__________________
"To truly know love for a moment, is to know love forever ..."
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 08-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
At this point, as we all speculate about this whole issue we can only see what they show us.
Charlene may walk ahead of Caroline next to Albert but she still has no position officially, to do anything.
Looks like her time is his and she devotes it to whatever he wants her to do. It may be fine for Charlene to be next to a Prince and socialize with the elite and que sera sera.......Beats dating Average Joe for example.
There is the other couple in Berlenburg and looks like these ladies either know a lot more about their relationships or they prefer to continue a long term affaire with no marriage in sight.
I suppose all we can do is try to analyze it while they are figuring out what they will finally do....
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 08-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 212
I just want to see her do more with herself. For herself and for the picture we are all looking at.
__________________
"To truly know love for a moment, is to know love forever ..."
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 08-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ansonia, United States
Posts: 139
Charlene and Albert

I think what annoys me is seeing her photos at events rather than seeing her working at something or doing charity work. She seems to play to the camera alot, I don't think she should attend all these events. If Albert intends to marry her he should come forward now and make an official engagement then maybe we all can say ok, she's more than just a girlfriend.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 08-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,073
Let's not confuse this relationship with that of Gustav and Carina. The only reason Gustav and Carina have yet to marry is because of the legal entanglements of his grandfather's will re: his inheritance.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 08-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
PA & CW is showing more affection at the olympic than any other place they was at. I hope it true and not for pictures taking.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 08-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ansonia, United States
Posts: 139
I agree. I think because they are out of Monaco they are bonding more. It's nice to see them being close.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 08-16-2008, 01:48 PM
smdouglas's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Paso Robles, United States
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
I agree. I think because they are out of Monaco they are bonding more. It's nice to see them being close.
I disagree. When you look at it, the public sees PA and CW only in photos and videos. The total time available - usually - to view this couple is measured in minutes. The total time out of view is measured in hours or days. The Olympics simply extend the amount of time available to view the couple.

Maybe the apparency that they are bonding more is in our minds - because we have more opportunities to see them bonding. Does it have to do with proximity to Monaco? I think it has more to do with proximity to photographers - which is how we observe them.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 08-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,563
During the Olymics Charlene has been looking miserable so far, gaunt, pale, lifeless as if she did everything only to please Albert and keep up her chances to get that ring on her finger. Some people think that she is sad because of the lost opportunity to participate herself but IMO the swimmer Charlene Wittstock is highly overrated, I seriously doubt that she would have qualified in the first place or even would have been in line for a medal. She has been a "celebrity athlete" for a long long time, famous for dating a prince. Bringing along a non-committment-girlfriend who is allowed to wear the badge of Monaco to an official event says everything about the attitude of the Head of State, IMO. If Rainier found out I guess he would rotate in his grave ... sadly he took all remaining style and value down with him.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 08-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NEW YORK, United States
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
During the Olymics Charlene has been looking miserable so far, gaunt, pale, lifeless as if she did everything only to please Albert and keep up her chances to get that ring on her finger. Some people think that she is sad because of the lost opportunity to participate herself but IMO the swimmer Charlene Wittstock is highly overrated, I seriously doubt that she would have qualified in the first place or even would have been in line for a medal. She has been a "celebrity athlete" for a long long time, famous for dating a prince. Bringing along a non-committment-girlfriend who is allowed to wear the badge of Monaco to an official event says everything about the attitude of the Head of State, IMO. If Rainier found out I guess he would rotate in his grave ... sadly he took all remaining style and value down with him.
after seen all the photo i have to agree with you, why on earth will he have her wear monaco tshrit when he cannot give her ''the ring'' she is enjoying all the spotlight the media have given her, i don't think she wanted to complete at first all the media report of her traning was all lies because she seems happy playing the monaco wanna be princess cheer leader, after seen all the olymics photo is so clear to see what her real goal is, so i don't get why charlene is not contribute to real work like charity etc not some photo shoot for magazine cover since she seems to be enjoying the life of a wanna princess,why not start working and contribute to society like a real princess should. jmo
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 08-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
During the Olymics Charlene has been looking miserable so far, gaunt, pale, lifeless as if she did everything only to please Albert and keep up her chances to get that ring on her finger. Some people think that she is sad because of the lost opportunity to participate herself but IMO the swimmer Charlene Wittstock is highly overrated, I seriously doubt that she would have qualified in the first place or even would have been in line for a medal. She has been a "celebrity athlete" for a long long time, famous for dating a prince. Bringing along a non-committment-girlfriend who is allowed to wear the badge of Monaco to an official event says everything about the attitude of the Head of State, IMO. If Rainier found out I guess he would rotate in his grave ... sadly he took all remaining style and value down with him.
Some of you may remember that I promised to NEVER post in this thread again because of my disgust with this "relationship" ... however, my dear Duke of Marmalade -- I tip my hat to you for succinctly describing this situation. Rainer and Grace are both rotating in their graves.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 08-18-2008, 11:00 AM
lckc571's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Metz, France
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
During the Olymics Charlene has been looking miserable so far, gaunt, pale, lifeless as if she did everything only to please Albert and keep up her chances to get that ring on her finger. Some people think that she is sad because of the lost opportunity to participate herself but IMO the swimmer Charlene Wittstock is highly overrated, I seriously doubt that she would have qualified in the first place or even would have been in line for a medal. She has been a "celebrity athlete" for a long long time, famous for dating a prince. Bringing along a non-committment-girlfriend who is allowed to wear the badge of Monaco to an official event says everything about the attitude of the Head of State, IMO. If Rainier found out I guess he would rotate in his grave ... sadly he took all remaining style and value down with him.


She stayed with him because she had to prepare JO, after the games she will not have excuses or story anymore to be sold why to stay? What will she make? She is sad because the more the end of the Jo arrives, the more the term of its departure is imminent if albert had asked her to stay longer it would not be sad... I find that she is lucky, numerous of the athletes, who had the luck to be selected, who made all their possible to be there even as invited instead of watching TV, newspapers, Internet Instead of saying positive things, being there, in the first changing rooms and thinking of the others, she feels sorry for her fate
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany and Princess Helena of Waldeck-Pyrmont - 1882 Warren Historical Royal Weddings 6 11-02-2016 10:12 PM
Photo Retrospective of the Grimaldi Family - Part VI tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 399 11-29-2015 08:01 PM
General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012 iceflower Current Events Archive 843 03-01-2012 03:38 AM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012 iceflower Current Events Archive 740 03-01-2012 03:23 AM




Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge dutch dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king abdullah ii in new york 2016 king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats wreathoflaurels


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises