The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

The Crown Council of Monaco (Conseil de la Couronne) is an advisory body for the Prince. It meets at least twice a year.
The other two Councils are the National Council (Conseil National) and the Council of State (Conseil d'état)

Crown Council of Monaco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Constitution de Monaco - Wikipédia
French Wikipedia

Old 07-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness

You know what? It literally amazes me when I read posts that refer to a "business arrangement" to do with money, heirs etc. This is real flesh and blood people here. I myself have two children who adore me and their father and I can assure you that if my husband had been a billionaire and we had married for commercial reasons it wouldn't have worked once children came along as life isn't like that. If PA and PC have children they will adore both their parents so if there really is no feeling between these two then having children will be a disaster and it won't matter how much money is involved. It actually makes me sick to hear this kind of talk. Plus, as I think I may have said in another post, it really dosn't make any sense for PA to have waited till the age of 53 to marry if all he wanted was an heir as he could have married years ago for that.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Good point angela.

If there is a divorce after an heir and a spare are produced, those children will remain in Monaco with their father, separated from Charlene. And the result will be an emotionally wrenching childhood experience for them...similar to what Rainier and Antoinette suffered when their parents own arranged marriage fell apart.

I am not convinced it will end up this way for Albert and Charlene...no matter what happens I hope they find spiritual strength in their new marriage to work it out..
Old 07-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

This reminds me of Charles and Diana after the divorce.

But in this situation, hopefully PA and the Crown Council would be more amenable ?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have to say this is really very sad. Talking about what she will get in the event of a divorce based on the latest news that hasn't been found to even be true and married only a few days. Doomed before they have had a chance to enjoy their honeymoon. Then comparing her to Charles and Diana. As I said before she knew what she was getting into. It's my wish this marriage is a happy one with love.

Also for those who have it in there heads she doesn't know French she is bi-lingual and French is her third language and Charlene understands it much better than she speaks it. Grace had the same problem and its my understanding she wasn't fluent in French after 25 years. Grace spoke English talking to the children and Rainier spoke French. It is also documented that the children wanted Grace to improve her French.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Otherwise there wouldnt have been a wedding.
You have absolutely no way of knowing that. It's not fact, just an opinion.

Quote:
but being the Princess and the next Prince's mother
Or Princess

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
What a nasty thing to wish ill to some persons you do not even know personally! Why should Albert die in his 50's. Just because his mother did?
Or talking about divorce only few days after this couple got married.
You calamity howlers!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...the relationship of Albert and Charlene.

Posts regarding Prince Albert's children have been moved to Prince Albert's Children .

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Old 07-06-2011, 09:21 PM

The person who mentioned Albert's age...and Princess Grace's death... made me wonder if that was perhaps a motivating factor for him to finally settle down. Realizing that when his Mom was his age, she already had three wonderful children, etc. My guess is that Charlene was just the right woman, who was also willing to take on the burden of becoming a Princess in this day and age (24 hour media coverage, etc.)

I wish them luck.

The white crocheted dress she wore in South Africa is simply stunning!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

The white dress she wore in SA is appropiate for a party in the beach, not to meet the President of SA and wife...
And that of her being bilingual...she hardly speaks english, and she supposedly speaks afrikaans? have any of you heard her speak afrikaans? it may be just another thing to put on her curriculum, nothing else.
And what if this relationship is a business deal instead a love match? not everyone that gets married do it for love...
Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
That is one of the most insensitive commentaries I have ever read. Being infertile is a strong suffering for a couple and in vitro is everything but an enjoyment: it is a heavy, painful and often humiliating procedure. Moreover, it is not a baby slot machine and it has a high rate of failure.
Insensitive comments? Can you explain why is insensitive? It's a reality, many people have fertility issues and take a chance with in vitro. Where's the insensitiveness here?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Insensitive comments? Can you explain why is insensitive? It's a reality, many people have fertility issues and take a chance with in vitro. Where's the insensitiveness here?
If I may, I think what Sancia means is that your comment about "...they always have in vitro" is an dismissive comment about the rigors of such a procedure. What Sancia says about in vitro is absolutely true and I think they are knowledgeable enough about the procedure to find your comment flippant.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancchick View Post
If I may, I think what Sancia means is that your comment about "...they always have in vitro" is an dismissive comment about the rigors of such a procedure. What Sancia says about in vitro is absolutely true and I think they are knowledgeable enough about the procedure to find your comment flippant.
Please. They got married to have children, didn't they? isn't that what all people say here? What if she can't get pregnant naturally? what will she do, have a surrogate mother?
In vitro can be used by this woman. And, if she ever has kids, and it results they are twins, i know people here will think that is a God gift, when actually it would be anything less that. It would be the result of in vitro or any other medical procedure.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't get the in vitro sensitivity, but whatever; I wasn't there for it. I don't see how if Charlene is taking part in an arranged marriage, that it makes her a bad person. Arranged marriages are far older than this idea of marrying for love.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Please. They got married to have children, didn't they? isn't that what all people say here? What if she can't get pregnant naturally? what will she do, have a surrogate mother?
In vitro can be used by this woman. And, if she ever has kids, and it results they are twins, i know people here will think that is a God gift, when actually it would be anything less that. It would be the result of in vitro or any other medical procedure.
You misunderstand. I'm not suggesting she reject any available medical procedure if that's what she wants. And talking about your dismissive comment about in vitro in no way suggests they move on to a surrogate.

In vitro is tough and can be painful emotionally. That's a fact.

Were Mary's twins a result of anything less than a natural act? You seem very sure of yourself.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancchick View Post
You misunderstand. I'm not suggesting she reject any available medical procedure if that's what she wants. And talking about your dismissive comment about in vitro in no way suggests they move on to a surrogate.

In vitro is tough and can be painful emotionally. That's a fact.

Were Mary's twins a result of anything less than a natural act? You seem very sure of yourself.
I don't know nothing about Mary's life. I don't follow the Denmark's royal. So who knows if her twins are or not natural. Maybe they are, maybe they are not.
So, ok, they will have natural children. And they'll be gorgeous, like her blonde blue eyed olimpic mother. Is that ok? Even if it's ironic?

EDITED:
Anyway, let's agree in disagree. I might don't like the woman, but i do wish that her children, if she has any, will be healthy.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Don't get the in vitro sensitivity, but whatever; I wasn't there for it. I don't see how if Charlene is taking part in an arranged marriage, that it makes her a bad person. Arranged marriages are far older than this idea of marrying for love.

No one is saying she is a bad person. At least the ones who don´t know her cannot say so. For me an arranged marriage is just pitiful, degrading and unworthy. It could have been a solution when women depended on men for a living. It´s not anymore so.

If she had gained some respect over the years, if she had showed she had some ambitions other than material ones, if she had not depended on others´money, my opinion would probably be different. But what else can you highlight, the ones who find her "beautiful"?
Old 07-08-2011, 04:26 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I dont see why an arranged marriage must be a bad thing - based on honesty, it can be a win-win situation for BOTH partners.
Rainier & Grace more or less had an arranged marriage - I am not saying it was a rose garden (what also applies to non-arranged marriages) but with time it became a win-win situation for both.
I dont know if Albert & Charlene have an arrangement but Albert is certainly no stranger to the topic.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I don't want to debate about morals or ethic, but about "life for women who use assisted reproductive technologies". One of my best friends went through it, and I know other women who had IVF. Another friend is actually in a IVF process and she feels very, very stressed. The whole process is painful, stressful, long, very invading for privacy, is often felt like humiliating. That can be used, yes, but there is a reason why there are psychologists in ART centers. My friend would rather adopt than going through ART once more, it was too painful. And the success rate is less than 50 per cent.
And the reason I used the word "insensitive" is that ART means infertility, and infertility is an affliction, for the woman, for the couple, for everybody. I know the subject, I am concerned. I would stop my friendship with the first person which would say me "if you can't have children, you can have ART or IVF". Every infertile woman would do the same.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Arranged marriages are, for many people and societies, a normal part of life, and something which is regarded as "normal", rather than being an affront.

It all depends on the degree of freedom which each of the parties are willing to give to the other person.

Here in GB there is a lot of discussion about forced marriage, and legislation is being prepared to make sure everyone is willing to enter such a pact.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship