The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Aristocracy

They do seem more relaxed around each other...i hope it lasts.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Courtier

I think it will. After all his mother and father married for life, just as mine did.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I sincerely hope that CW does not have to fear being ostracised by members of the Court, the way Grace was. But, happily, time has marched on, and, despite the demands of protocol, CW should be able to be accepted.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Well she won't have to deal with a difficult mother in law like Princess Charlotte, and the old courtiers who greated Grace in 1956 are long in their graves. Albert is probably aware of the difficulties his mother faced and less likely to tolerate any slights from staff members. On the plus side it seems as if Caroline and Stephanie are on board for the marriage so they shouldn`t create difficulties for the new Princess Consort and can likely be of assistance to her.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Majesty

Albert seems super protective of her already, and ITA with NGalitzine that he is very unlikely to tolerate any nonsense from staff and courtiers.

Princess Stephanie has already said she is ready to help CW however needed.

My one concern is that CW does not decide that she is "untouchable" due to all the support she has from the Albert and his family...see what overconfidence and an unwillingness to conform to a new and restricted lifestyle early in her marriage worked out for Sarah, Duchess of York.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

A good point, Moonmaiden. I'm reminded of "The Interview" where CW had clearly not done her homework. PPDA is probably the most experienced interviewer in France, and yet she had either not been briefed, or she had decided before that the whole thing was going to be a doddle.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Patrick Poivre d'Arvor's interviewing style with Charlene was dreadfull, to say the least.

His approach was increibly amature and Charlene appeared quite uncomfortable in his presence. That initself isn't such a bad thing as she will be expected to be in the company of people she may not infact feel comfortable with from time to time, so it's a learning curve.

Albert's gestured "CUT" at the end couldn't have come a moment too soon. Note how he tries to muster a light hearted smile and Charlene standing beside not looking at all very amused...

I also don't think she particularly appreciated Albert's comment 'when it all gets too difficult', in reference to their holiday home. She looked away, almost as if he'd embarrassed her.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

you can say any thing about this interview but please don't talk about things you don't know, Patric Poivre D"Arvor is not the best interviewer in France, he did not work with any french tv channels in France, they did not not want to make him working as interviewer, the interview of Prince Albert is the last interview he made.When he was a good interview 20 years ago, now he is without work, anybody (politics, singers, authors) did not want to be interviewed with him
Old 04-25-2011, 05:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Melina, I did not say that PPDA was the best interviewer in France, only that he is/was the most experienced.
I think even he has now acknowledged that his time is over.

That makes PA's choice of interviewer for CW even more strange.......
Old 05-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Commoner

The problem was not the interviewer. Definitly not.
(I have analized some interviews and gave some myself - believe me: professionals can prepare and do prepare whenever possible. She is an ex-swimmer. No future Princess.)

There were three 100% predictable questions:
1) Children?
2) Catholic (state) religion?
3) Plans for Monaco after becoming Princess.

ALL her answers were a disaster.

1) Are you protestant? No, I'm christian! = (a) logical mistake + b) incorrect French in such a basic message!
2) Children? "Give us a break!" (... after how many years of relationship?)
3) I want to discover France! (Perfect patriot and flagship...)

AND: all that in terrible French AFTER FIVE YEARS in Monaco

She could have prepared for this interview. But she didn't or is unable to focus on enything else but fashion and pictures.

CW is totally incapable as Princess and professional people see it and stay away from Monaco. But Monaco needs educated people and people with substance LIKE OXYGENE. Nobody takes Albert serious with a red clown nose on.

People like Charlene bring a whole country down.
There is no substance in this relationship if you read interviews with Albert and compare his messages to statements of CW.

They have no substance in common ... no fundament to built a family and country on. They try to build on quicksand.
It won't work.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Margarita ... you made me laugh :-) but, laughing aside, you've summarised PA's and Monaco's problems.

A few days ago, I tried to revive the thread "Prince Albert's achievements" ...... I'd LOVE to see what your take is on that !
Old 05-09-2011, 03:58 AM
Heir Apparent

(...)

I think both Madame Royale's and MargaritaII's contributions shed light on the precarious nature of CW's utterances. Talk about "Foot in Mouth disease......

And during all this time, she does not appear to have been coached, or, if coached at all, unwilling and/or unable to take advice or direction.

But, being sheltered by PA, she can always scuttle off to Roc Agel "when things get too much" ...
Old 05-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Melina, I did not say that PPDA was the best interviewer in France, only that he is/was the most experienced.
I think even he has now acknowledged that his time is over.

That makes PA's choice of interviewer for CW even more strange.......
Renata, I don't think his choice was strange. He wanted the best interviewer to make it easier for Charlene.
And she screwed it up even under best conditions.

Can you imagine her to be interviewed by little experienced reporter, a child or someone who is focused on substance and less polite?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I can remember some of the early interviews of CW ..... very embarrassing.

This must be the reason why she no longer can give interviews.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it's the combination between PA and CW that interests people. Each one on their own is ... well, boring.... but together they can achieve much more.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Majesty

Renata4711...you have read my mind. I think you are exactly correct...on his own HSH is a pleasant enough guy with just enough of a whiff of scandal around him to keep him from disappearing off the map.

CW was, before she came to Monaco...an attractive, tall blonde who competed in the Olympics for South Africa.

On their own, as individuals? I wouldn't care about them much at all.

But i am intrigued about what they can accomplish together, as couple.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Very well put, Moonmaiden !

It's a bit like a chemical reaction - you light the paper .... and BANG....

These two individuals can increase their individual power, but by combining it, they become twice as effective.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Courtier

And just imagine with that kind of dynamite the children they will produce ~ I honestly cannot wait ~ WOOHOO!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Majesty

Nadine, I agree with you. Albert is okay looking now and was cute in his youth...not in the Brad Pitt/JFK Jr mold but still attractive nonetheless.

CW is striking and tall...for some reason I think the two of them will produce really magnificent looking children.

I can't wait.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Serene Highness

I really don't think that marriage of CW and PA would last. They seem already bored with each other. Especially Albert is more relaxed and appears happier when he is NOT with Charlene. it's very weird couple, BTW, they even don't behave like a couple, IMO...

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship