The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Ha, ha Renata..thanks...that explains a lot! I suppose it's why Philippe Junot never received it!

I wonder if Stefano and Ernst-August did?

Old 10-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
"Yes, non-Catholics can receive the order. An example would be Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh."

Yes but in the case of CW here were are talking about receiving an order from a faith that is not hers. I think you may received order, as long as you are from the same faith.

When CW become Princess, will she share also the responsibility of
1* Being the respresentative of the faith to the people and the church
2* In which faith will the children, if any, will be raised ?
3* How will she participate in the religious fest (Chrismtmas, Easter, Saint Devote etc..)
And Finally ?
4* In the event that PA dies before her (age different and all) how can she be the Representant of the Church for this Principauté ?

After so many years of "courtship" and if as they stated they knew from some time, I think the CW is hill prepare for her role. If not the responsability of the "castle" It is my opinion that PA is to be blame.

For years PA said that he did not want is future wife to received the same bad reception from the people, the castle etc that is mom had confronted. But from what I see.. He has been doing the same to CW. Her french is poor, her social situation still weak, the faith-uncleared and her style still need some refinement (but it is getting better)

As for the look, I prefered her prior all the operations. Then CW looked more real and vivacious!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelilies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
"Yes, non-Catholics can receive the order. An example would be Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh."

Yes but in the case of CW here were are talking about receiving an order from a faith that is not hers. I think you may received order, as long as you are from the same faith.

!
I am afraid I don't understand your comment. The Order of St Charles is a national order and not a Catholic order. It is given by the Sovereign Prince and not by the Church. Faith does not enter into it at all.
Prince Philip is not a Roman Catholic and he has the Order of St Charles and as had been explained by another poster Albert II has given the order to an Indian Minister who is a Hindu.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Ha, ha Renata..thanks...that explains a lot! I suppose it's why Philippe Junot never received it!

I wonder if Stefano and Ernst-August did?
If they were to give it to all of the husbands of the princesses, they would soon run out of ribbon...
Old 10-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Back to the expression "Soul mate":
The equivalent expression in French is much more beautiful - "âme sœur" sister soul.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really would like to know if she converted or not. Because i don't know if a protestant can marry a catholic into the catholic faith. Of course that, given the case that she hasn't changed her faith, i'm more than sure that the children they might have will be raised catholic.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

The catholic person must ask the permission to the pope for marrying a protestant and promise to raise the future children in the carholic faith.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

As long as she is a baptized Christian, gets permission from his Bishop and they complete a course with the Church they can marry and she doesn't have to convert to Catholicism.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

I just saw pics of Albert & CW at Irish event in Monaco. It is painful to watch how disconnected these two are. They behave like to strangers, at best just two buddies who are there for photo ops.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
As long as she is a baptized Christian, gets permission from his Bishop and they complete a course with the Church they can marry and she doesn't have to convert to Catholicism.
What does it matter whether she converts to Catholicism or not ?
The family she is marrying into dont exactly espouse Catholic values after all and they dont seem "to do" soul mates either.
If Spain can have a divorced Catholic future queen, then whats the big deal about a Protestant Princesse de Monaco ?
Old 10-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

All such nonsense. Disconnected, who judges what? Obviously, you know from a picture how everything in every life is going. Never knowing or speaking with people. Have no idea how they behave behind closed doors. Actually, only recently, since the demise of Diana, have the BRF ever shown any emotion. A not much of that.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Well said, Commonconsort.
I'm sure the Vatican is by now used to PA's particular views on sex, decorum and other matters.
As long as the wedding is according to the Romish Rite, and the couple promise to bring up children according to that rite, Monsignor Barsi and Pope Ratzinger will be content.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonconsort View Post
What does it matter whether she converts to Catholicism or not ?
It doesn't and the point I was making with the conditions to meet due to all the other comments about it.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

I am repeating myself but I see no connection between those two. They even don't appear to be in relationship. IMO Charlene behaves more like employee with a certain job to do than a girlfriend/fiance.
I remember how Albert in many interviews given over the years always said:"If I marry I will only marry for love". I just wonder what happen with that.
Albert also said in many interviews that his future wife had to be catholic, what happened with that?

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
I am repeating myself but I see no connection between those two. They even don't appear to be in relationship. IMO Charlene behaves more like employee with a certain job to do than a girlfriend/fiance.
I remember how Albert in many interviews given over the years always said:"If I marry I will only marry for love". I just wonder what happen with that.
Albert also said in many interviews that his future wife had to be catholic, what happened with that?
and he also denied his daughter for 14 years and we all know what happened with that !
Old 10-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Meh, maybe it's not that important if she is not catholic. The important thing is to raise the children catholic...
Old 10-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

im am soo sick and tired regarding the discussion over Charlene's religion...this is absolutely rediculous...does it matter? really? im glad im not a royal..and who cares if a picture doesnt exactly show their "connection" its a picture..taken at an opportunistic moment...
Old 10-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Heir Apparent

For non Royals the question of religion is not important, for Royals and much of the the aristocracy religion remains a key issue.

For example, if Princes William or Harry fell in love with a Catholic princess (who refused to convert to the Church of England) it would threaten the succession and make headlines worldwide.

The Count of Paris insisted his son Prince Jean break his engagement to a non Catholic princess he was to marry, and King Juan Carlos reportedly had Letizia be re-instructed in the catechism of Catholic Faith before he would agree to allow her wedding to his heir, because she was a divorcee and there were rumors that she had fallen away from the Church.

Maybe it's difficult for Americans to grasp because our country is a relatively young one, and a melting pot of different religious traditions.

The same is not true for Europe.

For better or worse, religion is often tied to a country's culture and identity as a nation...in other words...it's ESSENCE.

There has never in the 900 year history of the Principality of Monaco been a non-Catholic ruler or Consort, which is why the question of CW's religious background is causing so much comment.

There is no way on the planet a non Muslim man or woman would be permitted to marry Muslim royalty without accepting Islam...they are even stricter about this issue than Catholics are.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Back to the expression "Soul mate":
The equivalent expression in French is much more beautiful - "âme sœur" sister soul.
I had never heard that expression until someone used it to describe the relationship between the late King of the Belgians, Baudouin, with his consort Queen Fabiola.

You are right...it is much lovelier in French!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:09 AM
Royal Highness

In french, you say so often "soul mate" for describing relation between two persons that it is an courant expression who become nothing to say, but the real expression soul mate can be discribed like relation between two friends who has the same ideas , same attitude like twins or clone. the expression can be use for loving persons or be said when two persons has the same way of living. In the interview of the prince Albert who came to the show of a sculteur who made persons in wood, he philisophed on the particularity of each person. He said also that your partner is unique. He said in english and it was translate in german . You can watch the entire video on the "Glanz und gloria"tv suisse.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship