The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
i just watched the video interview and he looks nervious, irritated and he keeps saying i don't know, i don't know. oppsie, not goood, this is definately not a "love match".
To be frank, I have never heard Albert speaking really fluently. Not a good speaker. No, sadly it doesn't seem to be a love match. I hope little Charlene knows what she does.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Aristocracy

Of course she knows Charlene is like a Swan Beautiful and Fragile and Proud Who wouldn't love this Lovely Fairy ?

Old 09-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

All this is pure nonsense. No one knows how they feel. People get divorced now, because it is socially acceptable, not because they lived together before they got married. Years ago it was taboo to do either.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

We like to speculate how in love they are just for a few photos we get to see from time to time in the internet. But true is, that nobody knows how they feel.
I think this get long because we see (or i see, and a few others too) Charlene not so happy and radiant as she is supposed to be. For example Victoria. Any woman would just happy to be engaged, but we can't see this in Charlene's face. But it's just a feeling some of us have, it doesn't mean it is true.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Administrator

You know, I don't want to say that love is overrated because it isn't. BUT as already pointed out....it does die or it was never really strong enough.

I have seen pictures of Alexandra and Joachim and watched the wedding of Sarah and Andrew and I have never seen people more in love with each other than those two couples (with the exception of Victoria and Daniel) and we all know how they turned out.

If Albert and Charlene have a comfortable relationship both getting from the other what they are seeking (wealth, companionship, a trophy wife and/or a father figure) well....there have been plenty of marriages that have lasted that started on less and more marriages that had plenty of love and couldn't go the distance. I wish them sucess on whatever they are looking for.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:42 AM
Aristocracy

Her empty prettiness seems to fulfull PA on some level and so they have picked one another. She was young enough to be enthralled with the trappings of "a privileged life" as she stated and so after five++ years of dating and living together and what else was this girl going to be doing with herself? She wanted a job since swimming was not going to take her anywhere. Might as wel be a princess if she passed the basic interview and fits the job description. Young enough to have babies, some gusto and looks nice in expensive clothing. Much of what was said about GK when she married PRainier so many years ago. As in ancient customs, people sometimes learn to love one another because their options to be alone or to NOT be together are not so good. Even with his money, PA never really had any real takers for partnership. All the pretty women seem happier married to other men and being moms elsewhere. CW seemed to want to stay. And in a life she would never be able to build for herself. At least she is sharing it with her brothers and so they might move up in social ranks as well. Marriages of economy and convenience are still done and so if they find a bit of love in there anywhere .. then great! I would love to know how CW feels when PA invites NCoste to major events right after they are engaged. To show step-mom solidarity? Still has to feel awkward, but CW really cannot say no. Her life will be ruled by princely decisions and protocol. His father did not approve of her and maybe her parents did not approve of him, especially with all his illegitimate children and LONG dating of their daughter. Happiness ... hope so. The new children deserve a happy home.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Satisfied with a marriage without love? She will eventually fall in love with somebody else.That´s what hapened to Diana. She´s only in her 30´s and when she´s not dazzled anymore with her the prince, the luxury, the confortable life, she will get sicken of everything. And so will he. That´s what happens when there is no love.
You are forgetting that Diana was "to the manor born" There is hardly a comparison here between her and CW.CW has hardly spoken in the four years of courtship? Where would she go and just who would fall in love with her after all that? Cw will never sicken of everything.Her bread butter and tiara are in Monaco.
Unless a situation like Soraya's or a Gisele Pascal infertility test surprises us by failure I cannot think what else could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
To be frank, I have never heard Albert speaking really fluently. Not a good speaker. No, sadly it doesn't seem to be a love match. I hope little Charlene knows what she does.
Little Charlene? ye gods - we are talking about a lady that on the perpendicular is sizeable.But otherwise I do agree, hope and I know CW knows what the situation is all about.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Serene Highness

I can only repeat myself. But it is a very strange couple. I have just asked a question on another thread. I wonder why PA & CW have not been seen together for some time now? Their marriage supposed to revitalize economy. It is what Monaco PR is telling all the time now, so it would be logical to see fiance even more often than before engagement, but it seems less. There are a lot of strange things about this relationship. Albert's recent interviews don't clear up things about this relationship but only set more red flags. IMHO. If one is looking at any video of this couple, the best one can see is just two buddies, not even girlfriend and boyfriend together.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 09-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

yeah, that is what makes this couple interesting. Well, for some people, that is exactly what makes them not interesting. I don't know...Maybe they should be seen together more often, but it is sort of rare. When she was the girlfriend of Albert, she appeared everywhere. Now she is the fiancée, future Princess Consort, she dissapears.
Maybe she is preparing for her role...without a break.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
yeah, that is what makes this couple interesting. Well, for some people, that is exactly what makes them not interesting. I don't know...Maybe they should be seen together more often, but it is sort of rare. When she was the girlfriend of Albert, she appeared everywhere. Now she is the fiancée, future Princess Consort, she dissapears.
Maybe she is preparing for her role...without a break.
This is quite strange and I agree. When not betrothed CW was conspicuously appearing everywhere with PA. Once the ring went on she has disappeared and the ratio of her appearances to those previous to the betrothal are in incoherent numbers.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

first she is not yet princess, before the engagement, she was only the friend of the prince, the medias were on her but the questions were asked to the prince, now she must answer to the questions and she must learn how to answer, accilimate with the protocol rules, learn to speak french(in the interview of french tv, we see she understood the french, but didn't succeed making long french "phrases"). She must also learn catholic lithurgie. there will be mess where she will attend.( next national fest). ).Abide I think the avisers council wants to make a new image of her .
They want to make us forgiven the image of the girlfriend of the prince and give the photo of a future princess, this week, they published the photos of the couple in the official site( in french only ). Also they mixed the fotos of the family with those of the two And suddenly, the same day, the long interwieu of the prince called 'the other prince ) is on youtube. I think it is to attrack the media on the future weedding.they want to make a light mystery around her when she is not seen.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Why make a "litght mystery" around her now, when she never left the Princes' side when they were dating?
I too don't understand why she has suddenly disappeared, unless she is suffering from illness or there has been a family event, the summer holidays are over and we should be seeing her out and about now.
She should realise that people want to see her, and want her to prove herself.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

for which people, for the monegasque people? they see her every day, because she lives here,many of them appreciate her. For the media, it doesn't not matter, some of the forums critizes her always. The official site published the fisrt interview of Prince Albert on Nice matin in french not in english, and on the site officiel, the photos on the link at right are news with Charlene Wittstoch with the family, not on those who is in english
Old 10-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
The official site published the fisrt interview of Prince Albert on Nice matin in french not in english, and on the site officiel, the photos on the link at right are news with Charlene Wittstoch with the family, not on those who is in english
They update the native tongue first and it appears they are updating the site to including Charlene and Prince Ernst is still in the photos in English. It is only a matter of time before they catch up.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
for which people, for the monegasque people? they see her every day, because she lives here,many of them appreciate her.
Do the people see her every day, working as the fiancee of the monarch?
The last picture I saw of Charlene was that dinner in the sky she was having.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah, i don't think monegasque people see her "every day". In fact, i think they see her as many times as we see her. When do they see her? Walking in the street, shopping in boutiques? i don't think so.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

My mother has a house at Eze closed to Monaco,it is a small country of 2 km2. I have the luck having many monegasque friends.they all say me that they are used to see Charlene Wittstock at Monaco in the street or shopping at the big center of Fontvielle, they are also used to see Princess Stephanie.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are lucky then.
It's weird that if Charlene is seen every day in Monaco, nowbody (i mean, paparazzi) has taken a picture of her shopping or doing whatever she does.
For me is extremely weird and senseless that, while being the girlfriend, simple girlfriend of Albert, she got to go to Victoria's wedding and now that she is the official fiancée, she doesn't show anywhere.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
They are lucky then.
It's weird that if Charlene is seen every day in Monaco, nowbody (i mean, paparazzi) has taken a picture of her shopping or doing whatever she does.
For me is extremely weird and senseless that, while being the girlfriend, simple girlfriend of Albert, she got to go to Victoria's wedding and now that she is the official fiancée, she doesn't show anywhere.
Monaco has a law that prevents Paparazzi from taking picture whenever they want. It is a reason you see photos only around the time of an event.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Nobility

Apparently she hasn't been hiding.

Charlene Wittstock « Royalty in the News
Princesas: Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock at Midsummer Garden Fete to benefit the Princess Grace Foundation

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship