The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Please spare us your lessons on the education of person you don't know and you see only on the photos,for the persons who know her, she is a nice person .For the other monegasques, they hope she will be a princess who will give an heir to the principaute, who will make prince Albert happy , who will be abble to work for her new country. All that thing, one person can see that now is the prince Albert, for the monegasques, they don't judje, they will wait and see.
LOL I'm not lecturing nor giving lessons. I am giving my opinion on her background which is well documented. I'm sorry you are unable to discern that I am not discussing her personality. I also didn't realize you represent the whole forum. So there is only one way to look at Charlene? I happen to know monegasques who have quite the opposite opinion of your friends, so everyone there is not all in agreement as you would like. I will not post for a while as I find some of you very narrow minded. I have examined the facts and that is what I draw my conclusions on. Not tabloids or gossip magazines and I really don't care what in God's name she wears. I do find her surgeries very sad for a woman of her age. Some people like to wear rose colored glasses and drink Kool-aid. I prefer the to look at the whole picture --- economics and all.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
LOL I'm not lecturing nor giving lessons. I am giving my opinion on her background which is well documented. I'm sorry you are unable to discern that I am not discussing her personality. I also didn't realize you represent the whole forum. So there is only one way to look at Charlene? I happen to know monegasques who have quite the opposite opinion of your friends, so everyone there is not all in agreement as you would like. I will not post for a while as I find some of you very narrow minded. I have examined the facts and that is what I draw my conclusions on. Not tabloids or gossip magazines and I really don't care what in God's name she wears. I do find her surgeries very sad for a woman of her age. Some people like to wear rose colored glasses and drink Kool-aid. I prefer the to look at the whole picture --- economics and all.

Sorry that I have to say this, hibou, but what you and some other people are doing seems, well not narrow minded maybe but a little too determined and almost freakish to me. What is it you are going for? To turn this place into what it is like on other boards - a pathatic crusade against Albert and Charlene, having every single post say how down low Monaco is? Not only bashing them but calling them names and comment on their appearences in a way not even the worst of my students would do.
And seriously, what for? I understand you care for Monaco. Ok. But that gives the impression you either depend on Monaco working well or you just like 'posting it down the river' ... guess its the second and then it just seems not right.

And again, it's not that I /we dont want opinions nor points of view - but what about the way it is done. Somehow this is going too far.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Hibou, I hope you will continue to post :-)

As far as I know, there are fundamental rules we are supposed to keep, but they don't seem particularly hard to keep. I'm sure I must have transgressed against them, and probably will in future....

For my part, I'm sure that I may have come across as lecturing - it's the price you pay for being a teacher / tutor, one might say.

Please let's all calm down and continue as before...
Old 08-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle View Post
Sorry that I have to say this, hibou, but what you and some other people are doing seems, well not narrow minded maybe but a little too determined and almost freakish to me. What is it you are going for? To turn this place into what it is like on other boards - a pathatic crusade against Albert and Charlene, having every single post say how down low Monaco is? Not only bashing them but calling them names and comment on their appearences in a way not even the worst of my students would do.
And seriously, what for? I understand you care for Monaco. Ok. But that gives the impression you either depend on Monaco working well or you just like 'posting it down the river' ... guess its the second and then it just seems not right.

And again, it's not that I /we dont want opinions nor points of view - but what about the way it is done. Somehow this is going too far.
I am basing my opinions on facts. I met Albert many years ago. Nice guy. My father's priest was Father Tucker hence my interest in Monaco. I have a friend or two who live there and have seen or met Charlene. Their opinion is different. I value their opinion. I've known them quite a while. I am well aware of what some people call Charlene. I am very sorry to see Monaco go down the river. I had very high hopes for Albert when he took office and I would like nothing better than for Monaco to be what it once was. I have been there myself on occasion. It's a very special place. It saddens me that it is so hard hit by the economy. Do not compare me to other posters. I am myself, and I call it like I see it based on facts. When I don't have facts I ask if someone else does. I don't know Charlene personally I have only read and seen what interviews she has given. I realize that sometimes the facts are hard to take. I hope Charlene does bring something to Monaco because right now it needs something. Time will tell. Don't worry, this is my last post for awhile. It's too frustrating over here. You all are as guilty as the other boards for one-sided opinions.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Administrator

This is getting rather tiresome.

This is a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion about Charlene and Albert. Whether it be positive or negative opinions, as long as it NOT speculative, nasty and/or bashing either Charlene or Albert, everyone I mean EVERYONE has a right to express it.

What we will not tolerate (in addition to calling Charlene and/or Albert foul names) are personal attacks on fellow members. TRF member is X is allowed to dislike Charlene for whatever reason they deem just as TRF Member Y is allowed to like Charlene for whatever reason they deem fit. How can you expect people to respect your opinion if you don't respect theirs? I just don't get it.

Future posts such as the ones posted above will be deleted without notice. Once again, if you feel the need to disagree please do so via PM to the Monaco moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Zonk
Monaco Moderator

Old 08-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

Monaco has not been hit hard by the bad economy. They are in much better shape than the USA or France. They actually have a reserve fund! The US has only had 1 balanced budget in the last 40 years and no reserves for even longer.AND Monaco has no personal income tax, capital gains tax nor inheritance tax. I'd love to import their financial situation to the US.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Monaco has not been hit hard by the bad economy. They are in much better shape than the USA or France. They actually have a reserve fund! The US has only had 1 balanced budget in the last 40 years and no reserves for even longer.AND Monaco has no personal income tax, capital gains tax nor inheritance tax. I'd love to import their financial situation to the US.
FanofMonaco...can you explain the relevance to Charlene and Albert. Much appreciated

Old 08-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I've just scrolled upwards to find out which thread we're in :-)

It's about Albert's and Charlene's relationship. Not about our relationships with one another, I guess.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Please spare us your lessons on the education of person you don't know and you see only on the photos,for the persons who know her, she is a nice person .For the other monegasques, they hope she will be a princess who will give an heir to the principaute, who will make prince Albert happy , who will be abble to work for her new country. All that thing, one person can see that now is the prince Albert, for the monegasques, they don't judje, they will wait and see.
What does "nice" person mean?Let follow this this nice person will give the principality an heir and make Pa happy and everyone willl live happily ever after?
We know she can make him happy can she make him lose weight?
Old 08-06-2010, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe it's a little too late for PA's waistline :-) , at least until the wedding. He'll have to wear a corset.

I read something recently about different body fats, and reading it made me slightly queasy.....

Anyway, I'm sure CW won't mind marrying PA , with our without a big tummy. That's what love is all about, I believe,
Old 08-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Citizenship was brought up.

Quote:
However, a South African citizen who by a formal and voluntary act acquires the citizenship of another country, automatically loses his or her South African citizenship unless they apply for, and receive permission to retain their South African citizenship before acquiring the citizenship of another country.
Dual nationality

Quote:
Dual nationality is strictly forbidden under Monégasque law.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
So should Charlene wish to keep her original citizenshio it will be a convoluted process.Thank you Ladymac
Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have high hopes for Albert and Charlene. Albert obviously is not the kind of man that thinks getting married and having a family around him is very important. If he did he would have married a long time ago. He is now either ready to settle down or desperate for a heir and is finally getting to the altar. Charlene has displayed some traits that are important when marrying an royal, namely good looks and being photogenic. People marry for many reasons and people fall in love with people that can provide them with what they perceive then want and need. If Albert and Charlene after being together for four years have decided they are happy with each other and like being together then the marriage have a very good chance of being successful. If they both get what they need and want out of the marriage then they have accomplished the main goal of being together. Albert is also marrying someone young enough to have children for a few more years and Charlene is getting a mature partner that will perhaps add wisdom and insight.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Grevinnan, you are making it sound like a business deal, and in some ways it is.

Charlene offers looks and, presumably, a strong chance to get an heir for the Principality.
Albert offers oodles of money and prestige, a hassle-free relationship, and a generous attitude.

It's a question of balancing the pros and cons in a way that promises satisfaction for each of them.

Having said that, I'm sure there will be a modicum of mutual love and adoration !
Old 08-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I have high hopes for Albert and Charlene. Albert obviously is not the kind of man that thinks getting married and having a family around him is very important.
Or perhaps, because he has seen the marital ups and downs of his sisters and knows his families marital history, he does value the insititution and family enough to wait until he felt certain he had found the right person for him and believed he could make a life with that person. Not everyone has to marry by the time the are 30.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Gentry

im sure by now he's old enough to make up his mind and settle. she is stunning
Old 08-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I have high hopes for Albert and Charlene. Albert obviously is not the kind of man that thinks getting married and having a family around him is very important.
I, too, have high hopes and wishes for PA; however, in my opinion, he may have a high degree of respect for the sanctimony of marriage...and may have waited until he found a mate with which he could be comfortable for a lifetime - so he could raise his family on a good, solid foundation.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Serene Highness

Zonk, I was just trying to praise PA. I will try not to digress.

I thought I read somewhere on the Monaco government website that marriage doesn't automatically make the spouse a citizen and that you have to wait 5 years to apply for citizenship.

PR was a micromanager. Maybe PA didn't want PR telling him who to marry. PA also said in an interview that some of the women he dated got intimidated about the palace and having to be compared to PG. That's one good thing about Charlene being an Olympian. She can handle the stress.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:27 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Albert and Charlene

Besides learning the French language, Sharlene being the future first lady of Monoco has to learn much more. Her education of protocol and culture of other countries would be vast. I hope that the years she has been a Guest in Monaco she took history lessons. I think France is a Protectorate of Monoco . Would some one correct me if I am wrong.

Maybe she was already tutored on several subjects eventhough she was not sure that Prince Albert would have made her First Lady of the Land
Old 08-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I have high hopes for Albert and Charlene. Albert obviously is not the kind of man that thinks getting married and having a family around him is very important. If he did he would have married a long time ago. He is now either ready to settle down or desperate for a heir and is finally getting to the altar. Charlene has displayed some traits that are important when marrying an royal, namely good looks and being photogenic.
Even though I agree with you on the first part (Albert needs desperately a heir), the second part is really awful, not because of your comment about being good lookig, but because it is true. It is not exactly the reason why one marries. It sounds like Albert needs someone who looks good next to him. I see why so many beauty treatments. You have to be good looking to be a princess. If you are a complete useless, it´s not a big deal.
Oh, i´m not saying anyone is useless, just in case.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship