Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree that if there was a problem in their marriage he wouldn't broadcast it like that.

I find it ridiculous that Albert didnt wear his wedding ring.

I dont have a problem with men dont wearing their wedding ring at all. But once they decide to have one, wear it! Otherwise do it like Prince William, say I dont want one, and thats it.

But doing this whole lovey-dovey traditional ceremony and then taking the ring on and off is embarrassing, especially when the relationship is being surrounded by many rumours and scrutiny. Keeping that in mind, one could think that Albert is deliberately adding to the rumour mill but for what - a bad headline is better than no headline?

I do not understand the debate about the wedding ring of PA. In real life with anonumous people, sometimes married men who like to find girlfriends take outr their wedding rings, in order to pretend being single. But every body knows that Prince Albert is married...... so what would be the hidden purpose for him?? Noone. Ring or not ring, he is married.

I just believe that he is not used to wear such a thing, and he is disturbed.. at his age maybe his fingers get bigger during the day, so he just takes it out and put into the pocket, and suddenly a photograph is there to take the picture....

Or like many a person, he takes it off to wash his hands and forget its. Lets not forget, Albert is 52. If he hasn't been used to wearing a ring every it might just slip his mind to put it on. Who knows.

Either way, everyone knows he is married and if Charlene doesn't have a problem with it...........

I think most men do not enjoy wearing wedding bands and find them irritating. As Zonk pointed out, we all know that Albert is married to Charlene, regardless of whether he wears a ring or not.

I think for Albert it would have been a good idea to get a tattooed wedding ring a la Pamela Anderson, no chance to take it off and people would be convinced that he is serious about the marriage! :p;)

A tattooed wedding ring. I am certain he would be starting a new trend that could just catch on.

A tattooed wedding ring. I am certain he would be starting a new trend that could just catch on.

The tattooed wedding ring has been around since the 1970s. Nothing new there.
As for wearing wedding jewelry all the time...it is a choice. My husband wore his and I took mine off not a month after our wedding.

Last edited:
Maybe the ring is just too tight.
Remember how Charlene had to work on it to put it on Alberts finger.
And the warm weather in Monaco is certainly not of any help.
But like Zonk already pointed out Charlene doesn't have a problem with it why should we?! ;)

I do not understand the debate about the wedding ring of PA. In real life with anonumous people, sometimes married men who like to find girlfriends take outr their wedding rings, in order to pretend being single..

LOL, well I know quite a few single guys who slip a wedding ring on when they go out to the clubs because it actually attracts women who want nothing more than a no strings attached one night stand. It actually has a high success rate.

My oldest brother wore his wedding ring at his wedding but rarely since then over the last 38 yrs. He just doesnt like jewellery, including wearing a watch. Lots of men do the same thing. No big deal. EVERYONE knows Albert is married so its not like he has to wear some outward symbol.

But like Zonk already pointed out Charlene doesn't have a problem with it why should we?! ;)
Has Charlene said somewhere that she does not have a problem with her husband not wearing the ring?

It's true that there could be a "real" reason for him not wearing it, but if it's just for the sake of what it symbolizes, then it's plain stupid of Albert not to wear it with all the rumours about their relationship going on. :ermm:

The tattooed wedding ring has been around since the 1970s. Nothing new there.

As for wearing wedding jewelry all the time...it is a choice. My husband wore his and I took mine off not a month after our wedding.

Funny you mention this. My best friend's son and daughter in law got matching tattooed wedding rings whilst on honeymoon in New York. I must confess that it does not look offensive at all. In fact, interestingly attractive. Both original bands are now worn on a chain around their necks.

Last edited:
Perhaps the ring is too tight or too large the ring must to be ajusted, I recall that Charlene also doesn't wear always her engagement ring.
I took off my ring some years ago because it became too tight but my husband wore his during all our wedding yea rs,
I think the prince takes off his ring for comodity and he doesn' want to live under the pressure of the medias which want to see a failure in the wedding and sell the newspapers as they did last month and make many money.
The most important think is that Charlene is agree , but it was not a good think after all the efforts they make to switch all the false rumors one month ago, and I think we will see Albert with the ring soon on his finger.
King Juan Carlos, prince William, do not wear the ring but there is no comment about this.

King Juan Carlos, prince William, do not wear the ring but there is no comment about this.

I am not sure about Juan Carlos but Prince William, like his grandfather, decided NOT to have a wedding ring because he didnt want to wear one what is fine.

Especially for a person like Albert its unfortunate to take a wedding ring off and on again given the rumour mill and background that has surrounded the relationship / Alberts amorous past and still surrounds the marriage.

What does he think the papers will write when he is spotted without the wedding ring, that he is contributing to an image of being happily married?

Last edited:
As if a ring was that much evidence that a marriage was okay...As long as those two know that their marriage is fine, then it's enough.

All others should not forget that those two are sportspeople and it's quite common that people on doing sport don't wear their rings and put it back on later. And sometimes forget about it or left the ring behind at home etc. Didn't Crown Prince Frederick once lost his ring on doing sports (swimming or sailing)? That's why most people take them off before they start their exercises. And I doubt Charlene does her swimming workout on wearing her jewellery...

We are all judging the wearing of wedding jewelry by current American standards, which is wrong. Just like diamond engagement rings, after WWII, wedding rings for men was hyped by very successful marketing to the point where men wore them just to satisfy their wives. Most removed them after (or shortly after) the wedding. If one is going to measure the success of a marriage, the wearing of a wedding ring by the groom (or even the wearing of one by the bride) is not even a factor.

It's purely a matter for the individual(s) to decide.

I agree, wearing a ring doesn't have anything to do with the success of a marriage. My parents are a couple for 37 years and until today my father doesn't have the slightest clue where his ring is ;-) One day he took him off cause the ring was too big and it has never been seen again ....

prince Albert of monaco wears again his wedding ring, we see photos on newscom where he received yesterday the mayor of nice for an agreement between Nice and Monaco . Perhaps, there was a problem of size but the medias want to see a problem where there is not. the tabloids want to do many money as they did in july at the times of the rumors which were untrue .

For all those who commented about Albert not wearing his wedding band he has it on in Leeds.

I do believe that he is a tad slimmer since his wedding. This may be a factor in wearing, not wearing the ring. Also, during the summer some people's rings are tighter due to the hot weather. It might just be a question of the ring is too tight or may be too large now. I don't recall him wearing rings before so this might be an irritation to him.

Well clearly it is just a publicity stunt. :rolleyes: JK
I seriously doubt that. Especially since they had plenty of negative press starting before the wedding by someone who wanted to cause trouble. I believe agogo has it correct that he lost weight and or his fingers swelled. I can't wear my rings in the summer months. I have only seen him with a ring on one time for a photo from years ago why it surprised me he wore a wedding band at all.

I am like you , I can't wear my wedding ring in the summer, when the prince did not wear his ring ' not many times) it was very very hot on the cost, in the catholic religion the husband and his wife wear wedding rings, the man wears the ring which the proof that his wife loves him and is faithfull and vice versa

My husband and I are both Catholic and married in Church. I wear my ring every day but my husband only wears his on special family occasions as he hates wearing jewellry. It was touch and go as to whether he would wear a ring at all so I wouldn't read too much into anyone's wedding ring habits.

P.S. We are both very happily married.

I am also a Roman Catholic and married over 50 years. My husband wore his ring only on special occassions, but never to work.

I am also a Roman Catholic and married over 50 years. My husband wore his ring only on special occassions, but never to work.

My parents are Roman Catholic and my father has never worn his ring. His philosophy is that men don't wear jewellery. My husband wears his ring, so does my FIL and BIL.

Well clearly it is just a publicity stunt. :rolleyes: JK
How pray tell is this a publicity stunt? Sheesh is anybody ever going to cut some slack for these two? Ring on or off is starting to sound like where to break the egg in Gulliver's Travels.Clearly it is not a publicity stunt.

I don't believe there was any publicity stunt in Albert not wearing his wedding band. Many men don't wear their bands, whether that's right or not, I won't get into. William stated he wouldn't wear his ring and there wasn't an uproar as is with the Monaco couple. He wore his ring in Leeds and there you go. :)

My fingers swell sometimes, especially in warm weather. I cannot always wear my rings when I want to.

Maybe Albert is the same? In any case he has never looked happier. There is no way to fake the sort of contentment he seems to have now.

Anyone looking forward to cracks and/or the failure of this particular marriage should probably settle in for a looong wait..

Back
Top Bottom