The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
Do you think she's going to get the same press coverage as Princess Diana did?
Diana married a young prince, she was the leading lady in a love story (for the people at least), and you could see she was in love.
Diana got a huge press coverage before marrying, and P.A and CW engagement was hardly covered, so i´d say no,no no.
And of course, Diana was atractive and charismatic.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Do you think she's going to get the same press coverage as Princess Diana did?
Hopefully, no one will ever get the same press coverage as Diana, Princess of Wales because Diana courted the press and died from the press. I think royalty if they are smart learn a lesson from the Princess' death.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Aristocracy

i agree princess diana was charasmatic and naturally beautiful. my though was because charlene is 20 years albert's junior that the press and papparazzi would be following her around. it's amazing to see how albert really let himself go over the years, he must surely feel comfortable around charlene to look like like. and i've noticed over the years and most currently she really loves having her picture taken i mean she mugs for the camera, points to them, puts her arms around celebraties as if she is one herself. i don't know...
Old 07-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, now that she is to be The Princess of Monaco, she is as much a celebrity as they. In fact, she may well be recognized after they lose there popularity.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Hopefully, no one will ever get the same press coverage as Diana, Princess of Wales because Diana courted the press and died from the press. I think royalty if they are smart learn a lesson from the Princess' death.
This is not the place to discuss it, but Diana died because of a drunken driver. The press had nothing to do.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I agree.
The press has lots to do with her death. Even though she had a drunk driver they wouldn't have been to eager to get away had it not been for the press. Elton John said the "press" killed some of his best friends: Diana, Versace and Michael Jackson. Why would Elton John say that? Because he knows the consequences and the problems that one has to deal with when surrounded by the media.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Well...I must recognize I didn't like very much the people you've mentioned: Elton John, Versace and Michael Jackson. You could like them since we live in a free world (even if I began to doubt abiout it recently ), but I think they were - and in the case of Elton John stiil are -known for the medias made them know. They must have agreed to let the press interview them and the paparazzi take pics of them, since they made them famous. And why do you say that press killed Versace and Michael Jackson...? I have different versions about their deaths, to say the least. As for Diana, I could said the same: she was killed by a drunken driver.

But now, back to our original discussion, since we always ends talking about Diana's death.

I don't think that Monaco's weddin will have a so great press cover. Monarchies are no more in fashion.... Since I do not live in a Monarchic country, and our republic just hates Royalty, I couldn't even have a glimpse of Queen Sophia and Princess Maxima at the World Cup great final, and I couldn't see Crownprincess Victoria of Sweden wedding at TV. I suppose we wouldn't have any show, or at least very little of Prince Albert wedding. It should be a real pity, but I know how things are now...

Vanesa.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Aristocracy

This is such a boring couple, really. Prince Albert was so boring to begin with and he has dragged C-W around for six years with no story, no incentives of her own, just barbie doll who changes clothes and occasionally smiles for the camera. I hope she blossoms more now that she feels officially like one of the family there. And even though their story is dreadfully boring now, maybe there will be more for us to cheer on as time goes by? Hope so. (dull dull dull - what would the media write about her anyway??)
Old 07-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I realize that everyone has his/her own tastes and opinions, but I am genuinely confused when people accuse a Royal or Princely person of being "boring"...what on Earth do people expect? Should they leak sex tapes to the media or get busted trying to take drugs through airport customs like Paris Hilton?

They are NOT trashy media celebs thank God, and I don't want them to be..I want to go back to the days when Royalty acted like...Royalty.

For now, Charlene is doing exactly what she should be doing...making public appearances with or without Albert, smiling a lot, and looking perfectly lovely while doing so...now is NOT the time for her to be yammering to the media about How I Bagged The Prince of Monaco like some silly third rate starlet.

After she becomes Princess, hopefully she will increase her responsibilities and we will learn more about her.

For the record, the Grimaldis are about as far from boring as you can be...they are sexy, scandalous, tragic...with just enough mystique and elegance to pull off the whole thing.

And they are physically more gorgeous than all the other Royals put together...my opinion of course.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow. I never said the press killed them. Please don't misconstrue what I was saying. I was merely repeating what Elton John said. Of course the "media" didn't kill Diana, Versace and MJ, but the "media" had a lot to do with the their downfall. Which is why John said the media "killed" them. Everyone wants to believe that Diana just died from a drunken driver. Guess what??? She did die because of the drunk driver, but her death had lots to do with the media!! I believe most of the posters on TRF are old enough to understand where I'm coming from when I mentioned what E. John said, even if they don't agree with me. Whether anyone likes it or not, the consequences and problems that come with being famous is tough. The press didn't physically kill Diana and MJ, but the press had a lot do with it.

Moonmaiden, I'm guessing you're also referring to my post about the Belgium royals being boring. So I will try to clarify myself. When I say "boring" I do not think they should have big scandals, be trashy, have sex tapes or whatever you're thinking. I think we have enough trashy celebs. But what I was saying is that I'm just not gravitating toward them. To tell you the truth, I didn't even know Belgium had royals until earlier this year. I don't care much for them because I don't know them well like I do British, Swedish and Danish royals and when I try to get to know them they come across to me as "boring". There's nothing exciting going on with them. Nothing's wrong with that, but thats just how I'm feeling about them. My interest just does not lie there.

With that said, I think we better get back on the topic of Charlene and Albert.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Aristocracy

Hmmmm, smiling a lot and looking perfectly lovely... lets see yup she certainly knows where the cameras are.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Do you guys actually want her to frown, to make rude gestures, stick out her tongue at paparazzi and others ????

At least she tries to look and act okay.

Don't get me wrong, I think she is not the best jobholder for Princess of Monaco.
But we're stuck with her - unless something unforseen happens - but I doubt that.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Hmmmm, smiling a lot and looking perfectly lovely... lets see yup she certainly knows where the cameras are.
Funny, that exactly what the British press always said about the Queen Mother and also Diana, Princess of Wales. They seemed to have a 6th sense to always know where the camera was and to smile perfectly for the cameras.

Of course when that was said about those 2 ladies it was considered something of a compliment from the press.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, yes...let's all wait for a photo that records CW picking her nose, or flipping the bird to a paparrazzo!

That will show her being genuine and down-to-Earth, and we will all become HUGE admirers then, right?!

I agree with Renata4711...CW would not have been my first choice for successor to Princess Grace...but Albert has chosen her, and it was HIS choice to make...and he could have done worse.

Much worse, in fact.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Oh, yes...let's all wait for a photo that records CW picking her nose, or flipping the bird to a paparrazzo!

That will show her being genuine and down-to-Earth, and we will all become HUGE admirers then, right?!

I agree with Renata4711...CW would not have been my first choice for successor to Princess Grace...but Albert has chosen her, and it was HIS choice to make...and he could have done worse.

Much worse, in fact.
LIKE WHO??? from i can see it make no different the media will still be going after her so let all give it a rest and stop all this comparing and move on from what i can see in this photo is a woman trying to find her ways she arrival at the scene too late for people to start interested if Albert had married in his late 20s or 30s the people might be interested and welcoming but now in his 50s it seems no one cares because they have seen the same things before old man married off young girl so their is no excitement about it because she will always be compare as other young women going after older man no matters how many smile or stage poses it will always be same script different casts.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert is 52 years old, that does not make him an old man. Its not like he is in his 80's and hooked up to a respirator.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Prince Albert is 52 years old, that does not make him an old man. Its not like he is in his 80's and hooked up to a respirator.
True, however, if they have a kid right away, then he'll be 83 when the kid turns 30, and Charlene will be still young enough to get another husband.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Funny, that exactly what the British press always said about the Queen Mother and also Diana, Princess of Wales. They seemed to have a 6th sense to always know where the camera was and to smile perfectly for the cameras.

Of course when that was said about those 2 ladies it was considered something of a compliment from the press.
LOL Well, Diana and the Queen Mum knew how to play to the camera and use it to their advantage in a way that was almost seductive. Charlene doesn't have it. You either do or you don't. Charlene "looks" at the camera, she has no idea how to use it. Her expressions always come across stilted which is why she gets so much criticism from people. Of course Grace was a pro so it's not fair to compare Charlene to Grace. Grace's warmth as a person always shown through in interviews.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Its time to move on from the Diana and Grace comparisons.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
True, however, if they have a kid right away, then he'll be 83 when the kid turns 30, and Charlene will be still young enough to get another husband.
This is starting to resemble Hugh Hefner and his warped age differences.In about ten years the age difference between Charlene and PA will be very visible.As a parent Pa will be old when his heir reaches majority even.
As for Charlene re-marrying you would have to resurrect Onassis to give her the husband with the filthy lucre- Onassis liked them cultured and educated, musical and Charlene was not his type.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship