The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1041  
Old 07-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
Do you think she's going to get the same press coverage as Princess Diana did?
Diana married a young prince, she was the leading lady in a love story (for the people at least), and you could see she was in love.
Diana got a huge press coverage before marrying, and P.A and CW engagement was hardly covered, so i´d say no,no no.
And of course, Diana was atractive and charismatic.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1042  
Old 07-17-2010, 06:38 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
Do you think she's going to get the same press coverage as Princess Diana did?
Hopefully, no one will ever get the same press coverage as Diana, Princess of Wales because Diana courted the press and died from the press. I think royalty if they are smart learn a lesson from the Princess' death.
__________________

__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Reply With Quote
  #1043  
Old 07-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ansonia, United States
Posts: 139
i agree princess diana was charasmatic and naturally beautiful. my though was because charlene is 20 years albert's junior that the press and papparazzi would be following her around. it's amazing to see how albert really let himself go over the years, he must surely feel comfortable around charlene to look like like. and i've noticed over the years and most currently she really loves having her picture taken i mean she mugs for the camera, points to them, puts her arms around celebraties as if she is one herself. i don't know...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1044  
Old 07-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,533
No, now that she is to be The Princess of Monaco, she is as much a celebrity as they. In fact, she may well be recognized after they lose there popularity.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1045  
Old 07-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Hopefully, no one will ever get the same press coverage as Diana, Princess of Wales because Diana courted the press and died from the press. I think royalty if they are smart learn a lesson from the Princess' death.
This is not the place to discuss it, but Diana died because of a drunken driver. The press had nothing to do.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1046  
Old 07-17-2010, 10:17 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Hopefully, no one will ever get the same press coverage as Diana, Princess of Wales because Diana courted the press and died from the press. I think royalty if they are smart learn a lesson from the Princess' death.
I agree.
The press has lots to do with her death. Even though she had a drunk driver they wouldn't have been to eager to get away had it not been for the press. Elton John said the "press" killed some of his best friends: Diana, Versace and Michael Jackson. Why would Elton John say that? Because he knows the consequences and the problems that one has to deal with when surrounded by the media.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
Reply With Quote
  #1047  
Old 07-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,734
Well...I must recognize I didn't like very much the people you've mentioned: Elton John, Versace and Michael Jackson. You could like them since we live in a free world (even if I began to doubt abiout it recently ), but I think they were - and in the case of Elton John stiil are -known for the medias made them know. They must have agreed to let the press interview them and the paparazzi take pics of them, since they made them famous. And why do you say that press killed Versace and Michael Jackson...? I have different versions about their deaths, to say the least. As for Diana, I could said the same: she was killed by a drunken driver.

But now, back to our original discussion, since we always ends talking about Diana's death.

I don't think that Monaco's weddin will have a so great press cover. Monarchies are no more in fashion.... Since I do not live in a Monarchic country, and our republic just hates Royalty, I couldn't even have a glimpse of Queen Sophia and Princess Maxima at the World Cup great final, and I couldn't see Crownprincess Victoria of Sweden wedding at TV. I suppose we wouldn't have any show, or at least very little of Prince Albert wedding. It should be a real pity, but I know how things are now...

Vanesa.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1048  
Old 07-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Thousand Islands, Canada
Posts: 123
This is such a boring couple, really. Prince Albert was so boring to begin with and he has dragged C-W around for six years with no story, no incentives of her own, just barbie doll who changes clothes and occasionally smiles for the camera. I hope she blossoms more now that she feels officially like one of the family there. And even though their story is dreadfully boring now, maybe there will be more for us to cheer on as time goes by? Hope so. (dull dull dull - what would the media write about her anyway??)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1049  
Old 07-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,900
I realize that everyone has his/her own tastes and opinions, but I am genuinely confused when people accuse a Royal or Princely person of being "boring"...what on Earth do people expect? Should they leak sex tapes to the media or get busted trying to take drugs through airport customs like Paris Hilton?

They are NOT trashy media celebs thank God, and I don't want them to be..I want to go back to the days when Royalty acted like...Royalty.

For now, Charlene is doing exactly what she should be doing...making public appearances with or without Albert, smiling a lot, and looking perfectly lovely while doing so...now is NOT the time for her to be yammering to the media about How I Bagged The Prince of Monaco like some silly third rate starlet.

After she becomes Princess, hopefully she will increase her responsibilities and we will learn more about her.

For the record, the Grimaldis are about as far from boring as you can be...they are sexy, scandalous, tragic...with just enough mystique and elegance to pull off the whole thing.

And they are physically more gorgeous than all the other Royals put together...my opinion of course.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1050  
Old 07-18-2010, 01:42 AM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Wow. I never said the press killed them. Please don't misconstrue what I was saying. I was merely repeating what Elton John said. Of course the "media" didn't kill Diana, Versace and MJ, but the "media" had a lot to do with the their downfall. Which is why John said the media "killed" them. Everyone wants to believe that Diana just died from a drunken driver. Guess what??? She did die because of the drunk driver, but her death had lots to do with the media!! I believe most of the posters on TRF are old enough to understand where I'm coming from when I mentioned what E. John said, even if they don't agree with me. Whether anyone likes it or not, the consequences and problems that come with being famous is tough. The press didn't physically kill Diana and MJ, but the press had a lot do with it.

Moonmaiden, I'm guessing you're also referring to my post about the Belgium royals being boring. So I will try to clarify myself. When I say "boring" I do not think they should have big scandals, be trashy, have sex tapes or whatever you're thinking. I think we have enough trashy celebs. But what I was saying is that I'm just not gravitating toward them. To tell you the truth, I didn't even know Belgium had royals until earlier this year. I don't care much for them because I don't know them well like I do British, Swedish and Danish royals and when I try to get to know them they come across to me as "boring". There's nothing exciting going on with them. Nothing's wrong with that, but thats just how I'm feeling about them. My interest just does not lie there.

With that said, I think we better get back on the topic of Charlene and Albert.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
Reply With Quote
  #1051  
Old 07-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ansonia, United States
Posts: 139
Hmmmm, smiling a lot and looking perfectly lovely... lets see yup she certainly knows where the cameras are.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1052  
Old 07-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
Do you guys actually want her to frown, to make rude gestures, stick out her tongue at paparazzi and others ????

At least she tries to look and act okay.

Don't get me wrong, I think she is not the best jobholder for Princess of Monaco.
But we're stuck with her - unless something unforseen happens - but I doubt that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1053  
Old 07-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
Hmmmm, smiling a lot and looking perfectly lovely... lets see yup she certainly knows where the cameras are.
Funny, that exactly what the British press always said about the Queen Mother and also Diana, Princess of Wales. They seemed to have a 6th sense to always know where the camera was and to smile perfectly for the cameras.

Of course when that was said about those 2 ladies it was considered something of a compliment from the press.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1054  
Old 07-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,900
Oh, yes...let's all wait for a photo that records CW picking her nose, or flipping the bird to a paparrazzo!

That will show her being genuine and down-to-Earth, and we will all become HUGE admirers then, right?!

I agree with Renata4711...CW would not have been my first choice for successor to Princess Grace...but Albert has chosen her, and it was HIS choice to make...and he could have done worse.

Much worse, in fact.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1055  
Old 07-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: new york, United States
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Oh, yes...let's all wait for a photo that records CW picking her nose, or flipping the bird to a paparrazzo!

That will show her being genuine and down-to-Earth, and we will all become HUGE admirers then, right?!

I agree with Renata4711...CW would not have been my first choice for successor to Princess Grace...but Albert has chosen her, and it was HIS choice to make...and he could have done worse.

Much worse, in fact.
LIKE WHO??? from i can see it make no different the media will still be going after her so let all give it a rest and stop all this comparing and move on from what i can see in this photo is a woman trying to find her ways she arrival at the scene too late for people to start interested if Albert had married in his late 20s or 30s the people might be interested and welcoming but now in his 50s it seems no one cares because they have seen the same things before old man married off young girl so their is no excitement about it because she will always be compare as other young women going after older man no matters how many smile or stage poses it will always be same script different casts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1056  
Old 07-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
Prince Albert is 52 years old, that does not make him an old man. Its not like he is in his 80's and hooked up to a respirator.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1057  
Old 07-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Prince Albert is 52 years old, that does not make him an old man. Its not like he is in his 80's and hooked up to a respirator.
True, however, if they have a kid right away, then he'll be 83 when the kid turns 30, and Charlene will be still young enough to get another husband.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1058  
Old 07-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Funny, that exactly what the British press always said about the Queen Mother and also Diana, Princess of Wales. They seemed to have a 6th sense to always know where the camera was and to smile perfectly for the cameras.

Of course when that was said about those 2 ladies it was considered something of a compliment from the press.
LOL Well, Diana and the Queen Mum knew how to play to the camera and use it to their advantage in a way that was almost seductive. Charlene doesn't have it. You either do or you don't. Charlene "looks" at the camera, she has no idea how to use it. Her expressions always come across stilted which is why she gets so much criticism from people. Of course Grace was a pro so it's not fair to compare Charlene to Grace. Grace's warmth as a person always shown through in interviews.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1059  
Old 07-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,367
Its time to move on from the Diana and Grace comparisons.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #1060  
Old 07-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
True, however, if they have a kid right away, then he'll be 83 when the kid turns 30, and Charlene will be still young enough to get another husband.
This is starting to resemble Hugh Hefner and his warped age differences.In about ten years the age difference between Charlene and PA will be very visible.As a parent Pa will be old when his heir reaches majority even.
As for Charlene re-marrying you would have to resurrect Onassis to give her the husband with the filthy lucre- Onassis liked them cultured and educated, musical and Charlene was not his type.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photo Retrospective of the Grimaldi Family - Part VI tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 394 10-09-2013 07:50 PM
Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany and Princess Helena of Waldeck-Pyrmont - 1882 Warren Historical Royal Weddings 5 01-29-2013 04:10 PM
General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012 iceflower Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 843 03-01-2012 03:38 AM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012 iceflower Current Events Archive 740 03-01-2012 03:23 AM




Popular Tags
belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]