Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You want romance go watch The Notebook or some other fake romantic movie. Charlene and Albert, along with the rest of us, live in the real world where life is messy and romance dies a quick death.

Thank you. It seems the people who think Grace and Ranier were such a perfect couple, never acknowledge that they knew each other for 45 minutes. Yet, they had a life, together. Philip married Elizabeth for position and money. It may not have been a romantic novel, especially at the beginning, but here they are, together. The 2 posters from Argentina hate her. I can't tell you why. Even if he had this illigitimate child, who is 18 months old, which means conception would have been 2 years ago, other than he should use some sort of contraception, they weren't engaged. Who knew what would happen. And what about birth control for these mothers. What were they thinking?

You want romance go watch The Notebook or some other fake romantic movie. Charlene and Albert, along with the rest of us, live in the real world where life is messy and romance dies a quick death.
Marriage is tough no matter who you are, it's work. The rumors (since nothing has been confirmed) do not help matters. I do agree with the post above about keeping a stiff upper lip right now though.

Thank you. It seems the people who think Grace and Ranier were such a perfect couple, never acknowledge that they knew each other for 45 minutes. Yet, they had a life, together. Philip married Elizabeth for position and money. It may not have been a romantic novel, especially at the beginning, but here they are, together. The 2 posters from Argentina hate her. I can't tell you why. Even if he had this illigitimate child, who is 18 months old, which means conception would have been 2 years ago, other than he should use some sort of contraception, they weren't engaged. Who knew what would happen. And what about birth control for these mothers. What were they thinking?

Rainier and Grace weren't perfect. People tend to think they were because she was a pretty Hollywood star.
The 2 posters of Argentina don't hate her, only don't see the perfection that you and many other see in her. I can tell you are more in love with Charlene than Albert himself.

Perhaps the same reasons why some young girls have a baby--so they can get their own apartment and welfare income: a paycheck! Only with Prince Albert, the sky's the limit as to what the paycheck might be. Or perhaps they're incurable romantics who think that they'll have a fairy-tale lifestyle without the work of the Princess title.

And what about birth control for these mothers. What were they thinking?

I don't care about either of them. Never met them, never will. It was just to say who they heck are you, who have never met them and never will, who spew such hateful things about them. I have never seen perfection, just 2 people trying to make a life they have accepted. I could care less about most of these people. It is just, when unjustified and visably jealous critiques take place, I comment.

I don't care about either of them. Never met them, never will. It was just to say who they heck are you, who have never met them and never will, who spew such hateful things about them. I have never seen perfection, just 2 people trying to make a life they have accepted. I could care less about most of these people. It is just, when unjustified and visably jealous critiques take place, I comment.
Now Finally a comment of yours that i like! If that's the case, then ignore me.
I'm really tired of fighting with people here just for different points of views. So, i will respect yours and others, if you and those others respect mine. And don't harrase me for thinking different.
Yes, my comments might be to some hateful. But i just can't say superficial things all the time.

Just because I don't choose to say hateful things about either PA or Charlene does not mean that I think they are perfect. The world of black and white does not exist. I think a lot of people are responding in a "white way" because some people are so persistent in painting everything black. Why would anyone care so much whether this is an arranged marriage or not or whether between the two or with a third party? It is no one's business, so why the accusation that it is as though there is something wrong with it? And then the leap to the fact that apparently, in their view, Charlene is useless. This isn't about seeing perfection for me, it is about responding to negative comments and statements that NO ONE can possibly know is the truth or not. It's really very simple.

It's great to read mature, balanced and intelligent observations. Thank you, Countess and Princess of Durham. You reflected my opinion much better than I could have worded it.

I'm sure that P.Charlene's ability to birth babies was checked and verified.

That is not something one can be sure for ever. A women can become infertile after having been very fertile. But I really don't wish this for any woman.

As I see it, Prince Albert is a royal who happens to be Catholic. Whether or not he practices his faith or not is his business. To my knowledge no one is perfect in practicing their faith and despite what some people say, they are not 100% (there's always something even if its minor that isn't 100%). Hopefully he will be faithful to his wife in his marriage.

If he were a leader or official in the Catholic church or if he were the figure head defender of the faith like Queen Elizabeth is or if he was critical of others who didn't practice the Catholic faith or who failed to do so, then it would be different. He hasn't done nor would he ever do this. Prince Albert is not an official of the Catholic Church, nor were his parents, siblings or other family members.

Regardless of their religious background or upbringing, I imagine if you looked closely into the lives of other royals, they probably don't follow their religious teachings 100% of the time during their lifetime, especially during their youth.

No one can pretend to be a perfect catholic, and I certainly don't. But priests the duty to refuse or to delay a baptism or a wedding celebration if they feel all the conditions are not fullfilled. It is not a matter of being perfect catholics but a matter of respecting the sacrament you are asking to receive. If someone wishes to marry and the priest doubts he will respect the wedding sacrament, he has to refuse to marry him or to delay the celebration.

The "Romance" of the wedding was a "set piece" provided for the world in general, and for their people in particular.

Of course the Monegasques (and the French) have a vested interest in getting a legitimate heir.

I highly doubt they live the real world. Really.
And here, less people live the real world. Only here people live the fairy tale world, where the exquisite Princess Charlene, the most gorgeous of all, is the best thing that could have ever happened to Monaco.
That's mostly people opinion here. And when i try to show another face, they all attack me because i can`t find the perfection that everybody here finds in Charlene.
Is this one sided forum where we only are allowed to say Charlene is gorgeous and that's it?

I dont think that this is the tenor on TRF, rather the opposite, most people recognize that there is something dodgy about this relationship. There are other royal families where the "sugar only please" applies but I wouldn't say that Monaco is one of them. There is a lot of critizism and unlike other RFs Monaco tends to polarize, people either love or hate it but for me there is a good balance on TRF.

I dont think that this is the tenor on TRF, rather the opposite, most people recognize that there is something dodgy about this relationship. There are other royal families where the "sugar only please" applies but I wouldn't say that Monaco is one of them. There is a lot of critizism and unlike other RFs Monaco tends to polarize, people either love or hate it but for me there is a good balance on TRF.
Sadly but true.
I personally do think these two are in love and the last couple of days I read a lot in this forum and sadly most opinions are just the opposite, like you said! :sad::sad:

I just hope they are able to weather all this mess for whatever reasons they married ... love or otherwise. As I said before, it really is no ones business what those reasons are. I find it sad that there are people who so dislike someone they don't even know ... almost to the point of obsession. I've met some nasty folks in my life who have actually tried to do a wrong toward me, but I come nowhere near that kind of dislike ... for me, I just don't look for any news about them because I'm really not interested in what they are doing, saying or wearing ... in a word, if I dislike someone so much, I have NO interest in them.

I just hope they are able to weather all this mess for whatever reasons they married ... love or otherwise. As I said before, it really is no ones business what those reasons are. I find it sad that there are people who so dislike someone they don't even know ... almost to the point of obsession. I've met some nasty folks in my life who have actually tried to do a wrong toward me, but I come nowhere near that kind of dislike ... for me, I just don't look for any news about them because I'm really not interested in what they are doing, saying or wearing ... in a word, if I dislike someone so much, I have NO interest in them.
well said :clap:

I think a lot of it is envy, and many of us might harbour feelings of that sort. I can well understand these feelings because the degree of luxurious living shown off by the Princely pair, and those around them, would make many people intensely jealous.

True, I thought like this when I was younger. Being unhappy and not being able to allow some else happyness.
But now, married and happy I see things in a different way and I can allow other people to be happy too without being jealous about it :lol:
But envy is the right word.

Smush That's a great philosophy of life ! It's something that ought to be taught in primary school.... :)

I think a lot of it is envy, and many of us might harbour feelings of that sort. I can well understand these feelings because the degree of luxurious living shown off by the Princely pair, and those around them, would make many people intensely jealous.

You may well be right, certainly PA and PC are not the only couple/people who have this kind of venom directed toward them. Certainly there are others .... a al Donald Trump etc. I'm just puzzled why it is this person especially and I have to think it also has much to do with her beauty. There seems to be a need to put PC down over any number of things. I would agree that being young may play into it, I know I had more of a tendency toward envy or jealousy when I was younger than I do now.

I have to say life is much more pleasant in my present state.:lol:

if they married for love thats great if they didnt thats fine as well marriage for thousands of years had nothing to do with love.
getting married for love is a victorian era invention. if they like each other and have made an agreement that she produces an heir and then is taken care of financially.
helps to raise the child but is free to live her own life i see nothing wrong with it royals have done this before its nothing new.

as long as bolth are happy with the choices they have made then good for them

if they married for love thats great if they didnt thats fine as well marriage for thousands of years had nothing to do with love.
getting married for love is a victorian era invention. if they like each other and have made an agreement that she produces an heir and then is taken care of financially.
helps to raise the child but is free to live her own life i see nothing wrong with it royals have done this before its nothing new.

It is a good idea to marry as angreement. It just get odd to read that many people believe they are in love.
Actually, an arrenged marriage has more possibilities to survive than a love match.
We shall see what will happen with Albert and wife.

I don't think all that many people agree that it is love/or not .... I don't think many people CARE what it is ... it seems it is important to SOME people that it is not love. Why would any of us care one way or the other. I don't see the importance in trying to get people to agree that it's NOT love. People should just give it up .......... people are going to believe what they want to believe and are not going to change their minds. What's the point of the argument anyway???

Well said and I totally agree.
I just love the idea of a fairytale. Being in love, marry and making babies :D
But as long as they are happy with their choices it's fine with me:lol:

I wonder whether some people might have a problem because Charlene is from Africa. Obviously it's not racism, because she's blond and from European stock. But people do have misconceptions about Africa. I, personally, know of a couple of kids--sons of a missionary couple who moved back to Canada after four years in Africa--who were regularly called "jungle boy" and "gorilla" by the kids in school. And this was just because they spent four years living in Africa! They were also put back a year in school--without testing--because it was assumed that the education system in Africa was behind the Canadian one. So there is a prejudice against Africa in general, not just racism against black Africans.:sad:

I'm just puzzled why it is this person especially and I have to think it also has much to do with her beauty.

Last edited:
I don't think racism has anything to do with it.

If you have followed this relationship from the beginning, people have always had doubts about this relationship and frankly don't think Charlene is good enough for Albert or that this is a legtimate relationship.

How you would know this unless one personally knows the couple, I don't know...but there you have it.

I don't think racism has anything to do with it.

If you have followed this relationship from the beginning, people have always had doubts about this relationship and frankly don't think Charlene is good enough for Albert or that this is a legtimate relationship.

How you would know this unless one personally knows the couple, I don't know...but there you have it.

And clearly THEY are in a position of such superiority to be able to make such a judgement. :ROFLMAO:

I wonder whether some people might have a problem because Charlene is from Africa

The same question has been asked about Mary of Denmark having come from Australia.

Who knows really. Everyone has their detractors and women who marry high profile VIP's have long been the target of jealousy and contempt.

Females are intrinsically 'bitchy', that's no revelation. So it shouldn't surprise many that the offending vitriol is predominately expressed by women.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom