The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
We would not have the sheer unadulterated complacency in mediocrity you impose on us.
You live your life allowing the days to roll by.
As for us getting a grip I suggest you do it because Charlene is not going to cure Aids or bring the Nobel and she is not going to walk on water ever after having had intimate relations with PA for four years before marriage.I suggest you sit back and watch life progress and stop acting like a moderator which you are not. By next year no one will care about her dress and wedding Can't you see the media frenzy who do not give a darn - zip - zero- nada-with no coverage at all.Cw put this over on PA but the world is not buying it - and seeks no media reciprocation, anticipation of the upcoming events.There is no need of a prediction the proof is there now. No one cares .NOt one magazine cover worth it like Time or Vogue or something else to cover her.The apathy and indifference is contemptuously displayed everywhere you turn to attempt to find an article about these two.Charlene is doing nothing to heighten interest in Monaco or make herself a bit more known now by attending events.. that might assist this-.It is almost like she awaited the ring and then disappeared.Cw flew to auction off a Panda dress she had once to a geopgraphical location that was distant and now she has disappeared off the radar. So by next year I doubt very much that anybody will care about her anymore than now..because she has no psychological appeal whatsoever.
Obviously I failed in attempting to inject a bit of humour

Old 07-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Good grief, we are talking about the Prince of Monaco getting engaged. Hardly an earth shattering story, especially since his fiance is not an American movie star. The story was picked up around the world, although it was not necessarily front page news. Think back to Victoria of Swedens engagement, it was not on global front pages nor was her recent wedding. In this global world there are big stories to be covered...war in Iraq and Afghanistan, oil spills in Gulf of Mexico, global recession, economic crisis in Greece, German bail out of Greek economy, worries about the Euro, ...each of those stories is more deserving of front page coverage than a mere engagement in Monaco.
In this global world the Greek economy and the betrothal of the Monaco couple share a commonality- fiascos- via the lack of accountability and the manner in which they have been handled by others.jmo

Old 07-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene was in Austria vacationing with a friend.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
So you are saying 2 adults cannot be in a committed relationship without benefit of clergy, a tiara on her head and the Order of St Charles across her shoulders?
And here you were ranting about a relationship without a commitment just a few short weeks ago.. Now we have the betrothal and it isn't going anywhere quickly.It is common and nothing exceptional characterizes it.Because the two parties involved aspire but cannot translate the highest ideals into unattainable perpendiculars- And Charlene is so concerned that she could not stop fretting to go on vacation.It is like CW almost awaited the moment she could be betrothed to "escape" yet again.... I am going to call the gal Harry Houdini's sidekick .. soon..jmo imo
Old 07-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
This is a global world now and I expected a global coverage not a regional one.

I have seen feature stories in the Italian, British, Spanish as well as the American press.

Is that not global enough?
Old 07-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

We use the word "global" without thinking. We are all talking like the medias wants to we do. Free minds are not allowed any more. I think we are implying that this future wedding is an important new, and I agree. Of course, there are more important news to talk about than a Royal wedding, but I wish that the medias would focus a little more on Albert's wedding. It's like the medias of the world doesn't like Royals so awfully much. They only shows them at the locals news if you have the chance to live in a monarchic country.

Vanesa.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Vanesa, dippy drug addled starlets like Lindsay Lohan get extensive news coverage here in the good ol' USA...if you are like me and couldn't care less about Jennifer Aniston's diet secrets, Nicole Ritchie's wedding plans, or the latest Robert Pattinson "Vampire" movie then you are quite out of luck.

I don't think many of my compatriots under the age of 40 can even locate Monaco on the map.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:03 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Vanesa, dippy drug addled starlets like Lindsay Lohan get extensive news coverage here in the good ol' USA...if you are like me and couldn't care less about Jennifer Aniston's diet secrets, Nicole Ritchie's wedding plans, or the latest Robert Pattinson "Vampire" movie then you are quite out of luck.

I don't think many of my compatriots under the age of 40 can even locate Monaco on the map.
You got that right. I have met 50 year olds who don't know who Grace Kelly is.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

That's not really surprising. The Rainier-Grace wedding was essentially a European event, not an American. Obviously people on the US West Coast would have known quite a bit about Grace Kelly, but practically nothing about Monaco, let alone Rainier.

Monaco is somewhere where Europeans pass through on the way from southern France to Italy. Unless you have a map or guide, you may pass through it on the underground section of the train to Italy. I've driven by car through it several times and found it very difficult to find somewhere to park.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

Moonmaiden, most Americans couldn't pick out Cleveland on a map or tell you when or why the Civil War occured. They call it "World News Tonight" but most of our tv news is about the US. We get very little news about Canada and we share thousands of miles of border with them. We do love to beat up on Mexico though. Paul the Octopus got more newstime than Queen Elizabeth's trip to NYC.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Moonmaiden, most Americans couldn't pick out Cleveland on a map or tell you when or why the Civil War occured. They call it "World News Tonight" but most of our tv news is about the US. We get very little news about Canada and we share thousands of miles of border with them. We do love to beat up on Mexico though. Paul the Octopus got more newstime than Queen Elizabeth's trip to NYC.

Well, I hope your wrong, but I have seen some young Americans not know where anything was on a map, because they fail to teach geography these days, I am told. Most know some rudimentary reasons for the Civil War, I suspect that is still taught. Royalty is, basically, surperfluous, and most Americans pay little attention to the ribbon cutting and waving. The press is interested in the people who, actually, make the laws, spend the money, invest, good or bad, ect. Who is Paul the Octopus?
Old 07-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Serene Highness

Paul is an octopus in a German aquarium who has been correctly picking the World Cup soccer winners. Some Germans wanted him killed because he picked Spain over Germany.

I disagree with Renata about PR and PG's wedding. It was a very big deal in the US when it happened. There are still movie and TV newsreels on it. TV was fairly new in 1956. Queen Noor's wedding was in the news alot also. They were covered because they were American.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah yes......Lisa Halaby who became Queen Noor.... I had forgotten she was American.

I don't disagree with you really..... Rainier arrived in Philly with Father Tucker.... and at that time nobody knew who Rainier was, which dynasty, background etc.

Of course, once the engagement was announced, everyone got very excited about Grace Kelly and her Prince.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post

so true
Old 07-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
That's not really surprising. The Rainier-Grace wedding was essentially a European event, not an American. Obviously people on the US West Coast would have known quite a bit about Grace Kelly, but practically nothing about Monaco, let alone Rainier.

Monaco is somewhere where Europeans pass through on the way from southern France to Italy. Unless you have a map or guide, you may pass through it on the underground section of the train to Italy. I've driven by car through it several times and found it very difficult to find somewhere to park.
Ya. thats why MGM had the rights to film it and the media circus that descended on Monaco was primarily American.
By contrast, the majority of Monegasques did not know who Grace kelly was....
Old 07-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

At least the Monegasques and others on the Côte d'Azur would have had a chance to see Grace Kelly at the Cannes Film Festival that year where she caused a sensation.

To summarize, the Americans, and especially the Philadelphians, were suspicious of this pennyless prince and his diminutive, gambling-ridden dwarf state....

....and the Monegasques were equally suspicious of, and nonplussed by, the stranger from America who had been received by Rainier in the Palace garden for no good reason.

So it's quits, I think.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
At least the Monegasques and others on the Côte d'Azur would have had a chance to see Grace Kelly at the Cannes Film Festival that year where she caused a sensation.

To summarize, the Americans, and especially the Philadelphians, were suspicious of this pennyless prince and his diminutive, gambling-ridden dwarf state....

....and the Monegasques were equally suspicious of, and nonplussed by, the stranger from America who had been received by Rainier in the Palace garden for no good reason.

So it's quits, I think.
Yes, indeed. I thinks so too..
Old 07-17-2010, 01:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Good grief, we are talking about the Prince of Monaco getting engaged. Hardly an earth shattering story, especially since his fiance is not an American movie star. The story was picked up around the world, although it was not necessarily front page news. Think back to Victoria of Swedens engagement, it was not on global front pages nor was her recent wedding. In this global world there are big stories to be covered...war in Iraq and Afghanistan, oil spills in Gulf of Mexico, global recession, economic crisis in Greece, German bail out of Greek economy, worries about the Euro, ...each of those stories is more deserving of front page coverage than a mere engagement in Monaco.
Most everyone loves a wedding. Royal nuptuals inspire the "awwww" emotion. These rare events are a welcome distraction from the more serious frightening problems that this world is never without. I am sure that in Monaco the news was front page. It is not necesary anywhere else to be front page. Anyhow, the wedding will have more internationl coverage. I hope that Monaco has the wedding available on the internet, just like the wedding in Sweden.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:10 AM
Aristocracy

Do you think she's going to get the same press coverage as Princess Diana did?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
Do you think she's going to get the same press coverage as Princess Diana did?
What a ridiculous question.
Diana and Charlene are two incredible different people, in two very different countries.
It's bad enough that they compare Grace to Charlene, now your comparing her with Diana.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship