The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Mia View Post
Absolutely true, I hope the couple are genuinely happy, and hope it is not just for marketing purposes. Though as things progress, it is starting to get more and more that feeling to it. There is alot of antics going on, like the Iggy pop concert and the Paris Match cover, etc.

When there is such effort to do these things, than a red flag goes up immediately. It is all unreal. Polishing Charlene is to be expected, but staging is not.

Also, if she is so empty that molding her into Grace is the only thing that can be done than that would raise other questions. Like was Albert purposely looking for someone of no substance that could be completely molded. Even the women that he had children with out of wedlock with seem very questionable as well. I mean could a prince find any two ladies more inappropriate to have relationships with. Was that staged as well. It all seems very fishy.

I had predicted that Charlene would be on the cover of not only Paris Match, but PdV as well...and she is also on the cover of British Hello! and the Spanish Hola!

Here in the US, there is a small article in this month's issue of Vanity Fair(referring to her as "Monaco's Grand Prix")

I honestly see nothing "fishy" about the media blitz around the engagement...especially since posters on this Forum were pronouncing it fishy only a few days ago that there was very little press coverage going on....

I think this couple in general and this woman in particular cannot win, no matter what they do.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Courtier

What I don't understand why does Monaco need another Grace or someone to bring magic to Monaco. I my self think that ship sailed a long time ago Monaco is Monaco it won't get any better it was designed to be for the rich and famous. Grace brought her friends and bought glamor those day are gone and so is grace. Now Albert and Charlene and the rest of the family just have to keep it running. Rainier made sure there would be heirs to take over in case his son never married I also think Rainier made sure that Monaco was sound.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I had predicted that Charlene would be on the cover of not only Paris Match, but PdV as well...and she is also on the cover of British Hello! and the Spanish Hola!

Here in the US, there is a small article in this month's issue of Vanity Fair(referring to her as "Monaco's Grand Prix")

I honestly see nothing "fishy" about the media blitz around the engagement...especially since posters on this Forum were pronouncing it fishy only a few days ago that there was very little press coverage going on....

I think this couple in general and this woman in particular cannot win, no matter what they do.
first the reason this couple cannot win all because the media keep compare her to his dead mother with start on a bad foot to the people and Charlene had chance to improve so far nothing i don't mean walking on every celebrity red carpet talking photo to improve her statues i mean doing some clarity work in your new country Monaco and other part of the world so people can get to know you better and see you have what it takes all i have seen is one photo of her in south African with kids and the media lies about some many thing that have me wonder like her college and winning gold at the Olympic i have look at every Olympic thing there is no gold to her name that is no problem with me i just think the media think they are helping to win but they are just hurt her .listen she already got the ring i think the best this is to let prove her self i know that is long over due but compare her or spin her image or education or back ground so far it has done more harm than good i am not saying Albert should not get married infact i am all for it gesh he is over 50 that is why i think they should be more mature over this not try to let the media control this.... p.s the couple is not in the full front cover of hello but their photo is a small section of the magazine cover.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree - they cannot win, whatever they do or not do, say or not say....

Also, the issue about charities Charlene has or hasn't been involved - there is no law that someone has to be involved with charities, or to have some kind of "race" to see who has the most. The Principality is awash with charities, especially those set up or fostered by the Sovereign Prince.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Administrator

While I agree that it would have been nice if Charlene had been involved with Monaco charities upon her permanent stay in Monaco. For one we don't know what she has done, because she is not televised 24/7 although one would hazard to guess that most people in Monaco would have a general idea of what she looks like so if she was doing something we would know about it.

That being said, she was/is no obligation to do anything for Monaco before she is married (although) it would have been nice what matters most is what she does AFTER she marries Albert that counts the most in my book.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:15 AM
Heir Apparent

There was a report recently that she had become the President (or something) of the Monaco Ladies Lunch.

Does this count as charitable work?
Old 07-09-2010, 04:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
she is also on the cover of British Hello!
There is a tiny picture of her in the top corner of the magazine. What's wrong with that?
Old 07-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
There was a report recently that she had become the President (or something) of the Monaco Ladies Lunch.

Does this count as charitable work?
She became the Honorary President.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Like many of the Grimaldi's are Honorary somethings of organizations....we should've seen that as a clue the engagement was coming...but failed to see it.

For example, acording to the palace website:
Steph: Honorary Monaco Youth Center Presiendent, Honorary President of Princess Stephanie Activity Center, Honorary Board member of the Princess Grace Foundation U.S.A. ; President of the Organizing Committee of the International Monte-Carlo Circus Festival.(it still says "Vice-President" for the Organizing Committee of the Circus Festival...her bio must pre-date Rainier's Death)
Caro:appointed in 1979:President of the Monegasque Committee for the International Year of Children; founder Jeune J'Ecoute, Honorary President of the Guides de Monaco, which became the l'Association des Guides et Scouts de Monaco in 1992, High Patronage to the 'Peter Le Marchant Trust' located in England, Appointed 1992:President of the Garden Club of Monaco; President of the Organizing Committee of the Festival of Monte-Carlo Arts and later renamed the Printemps des Arts de Monte-Carlo (Springtime Arts of Monte-Carlo) in 1984; Rainier also appointed her President of the Princess Grace Foundation; founder of Ballet of Monte-Carlo, appointed President of The PRince Pierre Foundation by Rainier, 1993: appointed the President of l'AMADE Mondial.
Albert:Honorary President of the International Union of Modern Pentathlon and the International Athletics Foundation; Honorary Board of the International Paralympic Committee; plus pretty much anything going on in Monaco he is some how associated with as either patronizing the event or as an honorary something title.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I agree - they cannot win, whatever they do or not do, say or not say....

Also, the issue about charities Charlene has or hasn't been involved - there is no law that someone has to be involved with charities, or to have some kind of "race" to see who has the most. The Principality is awash with charities, especially those set up or fostered by the Sovereign Prince.
Renata, I think that has something to do with how they handled this themselves and the level of honesty that is actually involved here? I think what people are trying to say here, is that Charlene has not exactly appeared to be the most selfless person over these past years.0ne might even say she has actually shown or appeared to be the product of charity herself? And I think I am probably putting a nicer angle on this. I don't think this fact can be covered up, she was pretty public about the whole thing? Both of them were. I'm just saying if she knew there was a possibility or not, in being the Princess of Monaco one day, why not stay in SA do a little something for her own country that surely is in more need of it there? Actually as a swimmer who swam for SA in the Olympics she had the opportunity where she could have come up with something? Even if Albert was supporting her there it would have been less obvious to the rest of the world, and she wouldn't have looked quite so presumptuous. Perhaps the Monoqasques would be able to have a little more respect for her instead of her running around as if she had the job already? Albert and his PR sould have known better too, that said, Charlene is responsible for herself and her own actions or in action? If she wanted to be Princess of Monaco she should have known what to expect? I think she shouldn't expect that she could rely on the press to manufacture and deliver a less than truthful history for her. She could have enrolled in a university somewhere? Charlene has even had enough time to get a four year degree, but she didn't take it upon herself to do any of this and I think this is going to be her biggest problem in a lot of peoples eyes. I think her recent history is what is really going to raise eyebrows, because she was given a lot of opportunity. I really don't think it's fair that Charlene should be expected to have started foundations, etc..., but I don't think she should manufacture false claims either? I mean the situation is kind of obvious here? I want to point out also that in an interview as she was moving to Monaco she mentioned the charity work she planned on doing--hanging on Albert's arm is not what a lot of people consider being involved in charity? I think they are on a slippery slope here and should stay away from this subject altogether, because there are too many other people that really are involved in charity that may find this part of her profile a little offensive..Monaco does hold charitable events and they need the support of others..
Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Which is chaired by a relative of Alberts. The ex-wife of Albert's cousin, and the one that wrote the tell all book (the cousin, not the wife).

We are just being "honest" here?
Old 07-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Which is chaired by a relative of Alberts. The ex-wife of Albert's cousin, and the one that wrote the tell all book (the cousin, not the wife).

We are just being "honest" here?
I seem to recall something like that and isn't his cousin Elisabeth-Anne de Massy involved?
Old 07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Administrator

But did she recreate herself or was it the Palace. I personally think the Palace press, which has been doing this a lot longer and better than Charlene screwed this up. Just say she didn't graduate from college...there is nothing wrong with that. Mette Marit was/is a high school graduate. She got her GED and has taken college courses.

I will admit that some of the stuff seems fishy...I just refuse to believe that a 26 year old has that much power to re do herself with the public.

I mean, don't we all to a point stretch the truth on our resume's to make ourselves look more attractive for a particular position?

Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I seem to recall something like that and isn't his cousin Elisabeth-Anne de Massy involved?
Not that I know of-I've never seen photos of her at the Ladies Lunch events, you might be thinking of Cécile de Massy...Christian's second wife.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

The website of the Ladies Lunch Monte Carlo shows Charlene as Honorary President, and Baroness Cecile de Massy as President.

Under the "Action Committee" we find another princely connection: Donatella Knecht de Massy.

The name of the actual charity is "Association d'aide à l'enfance et à l'adolescence".

http://www.ladieslunchmontecarlo.org...age=page&id=76
Old 07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Renata, I think that has something to do with how they handled this themselves and the level of honesty that is actually involved here? I think what people are trying to say here, is that Charlene has not exactly appeared to be the most selfless person over these past years.:

She was his girlfriend and now fiance, not a candidate for sainthood and certainly under no obligation to do charitable work. The majority of the worlds population don't get involved in charities or even write a cheque ,but that doesn't mean they are selfish or a bad people.

As Princess Consort she will have plenty of honorary patronages to involve herself with, and that will not mean that her efforts to support charities are not sincere (although I am sure some will suggest that anyway), it is just part of the job of being Princess Consort.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
She was his girlfriend and now fiance, not a candidate for sainthood and certainly under no obligation to do charitable work. The majority of the worlds population don't get involved in charities or even write a cheque ,but that doesn't mean they are selfish or a bad people.

As Princess Consort she will have plenty of honorary patronages to involve herself with, and that will not mean that her efforts to support charities are not sincere (although I am sure some will suggest that anyway), it is just part of the job of being Princess Consort.
It is not a facile situation this transitional one. As Princess Consort Cw will have to initiate or deveolp some ideas for charity; humanitarianism and other good works.The coasting on one looks is over.Her position as Prinvess Consort will afford the luxury to give back to the world and to Monaco.Evita was not exceptionally educated but with determination that built her charisma she worked tirelessly for the masses and I think CW might want to read some of her biographies and figure out that much more of her will be demanded than waving from the palace balcony.It will asked of her because those in the know would be reassured by the indication that she might want to finally ask it of herself.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
It is not a facile situation this transitional one. As Princess Consort Cw will have to initiate or deveolp some ideas for charity; humanitarianism and other good works.The coasting on one looks is over.Her position as Prinvess Consort will afford the luxury to give back to the world and to Monaco.Evita was not exceptionally educated but with determination that built her charisma she worked tirelessly for the masses and I think CW might want to read some of her biographies and figure out that much more of her will be demanded than waving from the palace balcony.It will asked of her because those in the know would be reassured by the indication that she might want to finally ask it of herself.
Evita is probably not the best example of a charitably inclined First Lady. The Monagasques are not exactly the exploited working class of mid century Argentina and I cannot picture the Princess Consort of Monaco extorting the bejewelled ladies of Monte Carlo society to turn over their jewels to her ``foundation`` under risk of imprisonment.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Courtier

Charlene has been with Albert for four or more years by now I am sure she is well aware of what is expected of her. Also, if she couldn't do the job she would not be engaged to the prince obviously he knows her and knows what she is capable of.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I could not imagine a situation in which PA and his Minister of State, his Government and his State Council would not have looked into the past, presence and future of this lady.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship