The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

He seems very happy, but I guess I still see him with someone completely different and much more educated to be happy. Has she tried taking any classes at all at IUM? Something to open her mind a bit? It cannot all be about dresses and attending functions?

Old 04-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Gentry

I'm not even sure it's about dresses; she doesn't pass with high marks there (minus the Rose Ball granted). Attending events, maybe. She's very young and this is about as good as it ever could get according to her circumstances. I've heard here about some tutoring in French but have never heard her express herself in French.
And what if this is precisely what PA likes, by contrast? Judging by comments (since removed) of locals who have found him immature for his years - what if she is his in-your-face non-conforming gesture to the world, the part of him that resists his destiny? Just a thought. So, from here, what would he like and would he really know if he's still in an immature reacting sort of state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
He seems very happy, but I guess I still see him with someone completely different and much more educated to be happy. Has she tried taking any classes at all at IUM? Something to open her mind a bit? It cannot all be about dresses and attending functions?

Old 04-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Aristocracy

Am I allowed to ask others all these questions here???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozange View Post
I'm not even sure it's about dresses; she doesn't pass with high marks there (minus the Rose Ball granted). Attending events, maybe. She's very young and this is about as good as it ever could get according to her circumstances. I've heard here about some tutoring in French but have never heard her express herself in French.
And what if this is precisely what PA likes, by contrast? Judging by comments (since removed) of locals who have found him immature for his years - what if she is his in-your-face non-conforming gesture to the world, the part of him that resists his destiny? Just a thought. So, from here, what would he like and would he really know if he's still in an immature reacting sort of state?

Who knows anymore?

If the grandfather took up with a laundry woman outside of marriage and none of the "upper class" marriages worked out in their family history, and the daughter of a bricklayer was the one that worked out best, maybe this IS his destiny he is following? I don't think he is wanting a divorce when he gets married.

I certainly think he is having fun with a pretty, young girl. If she's really all that "good", my question would be: what did Prince Rainier not like about her? Why did PA stop dating her back then? Does anyone know? PR could not have been too much of a snob considering he married an actress himself? Surely a pretty young Olympian athlete would have been good enough to have his grandchildren? Who was his ideal for his son? Maybe it was NEVER Rainier who disapproved of PA's choices, but PA himself? Were his dates SO disapproved of that his father would have ever actually disowned him? CW has morphed from a drinking smoking bad hair day into a swan of sorts. Love and money can do this for a woman. I don't know that PA's ever dated really intelligent, educated women? Maybe he has self-esteem issues? And maybe CW's saving her French for more formal court?

What do you think?
Old 04-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Who knows anymore?

If the grandfather took up with a laundry woman outside of marriage and none of the "upper class" marriages worked out in their family history, and the daughter of a bricklayer was the one that worked out best, maybe this IS his destiny he is following? I don't think he is wanting a divorce when he gets married.

I certainly think he is having fun with a pretty, young girl. If she's really all that "good", my question would be: what did Prince Rainier not like about her? Why did PA stop dating her back then? Does anyone know? PR could not have been too much of a snob considering he married an actress himself? Surely a pretty young Olympian athlete would have been good enough to have his grandchildren? Who was his ideal for his son? Maybe it was NEVER Rainier who disapproved of PA's choices, but PA himself? Were his dates SO disapproved of that his father would have ever actually disowned him? CW has morphed from a drinking smoking bad hair day into a swan of sorts. Love and money can do this for a woman. I don't know that PA's ever dated really intelligent, educated women? Maybe he has self-esteem issues? And maybe CW's saving her French for more formal court?

What do you think?

I think you're an ardent admirer of ideal love affairs. And so are a lot of us. We just love being in love. I'm sure Albert has had wonderful people in his life, in 50 years, come on. The key word here is "I don't know". And you don't know. Being determined to put him in a dumb category of a man having lived half a century not being delighted in intellectual exchanges with women he has dated.

Even he, as close-mouthed as he can be about women he no longer dated , or for the present--would like to be considered more intelligent than having spent his wheels with unintelligent woamen. Even if, as so many people want to say about her, or whatever, however, whatever language she speaks, he has the privilige of not seeing her.

There is a continued negative, purposeful trend here, I'm sure. You do all the women, the children's mothers such a distasteful disservice. And you actually do him a disservice to a man of the world, a head of state--to say look what undesirable women you have sired and squired with.

For each of us, if we've lived or loved or dated at all, we can have inunmerable interesting, enjoyed/enjoyable people in our past.

And I think that if this wonderful love couple"s life is meant to forever be--give them more time. Since it seems thats what needed here.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
It is not a weird relationship... why "weird" ? He is not obliged to say openly what he thinks
excellant point he is not. Many 'ordinary people date for years before committing to living together and or an engagement. PA does not have that luxury as anyone he dates is immediately hailed by the media as the love of his life, Princess Graces successor ectera ectera!!! Two/three years is not really a long relationship, some people meet and fall in love quickly and marry within months and live happily ever after, some of these divorce. Some date for years, marry live happily ever after and others date for years and divorce in months. WE DONT KNOW THIS COUPLE. I personally dont like many of this womans actions but lets face it for there to be a relationship one of them was going to have to move and her 'career' (if it can be called that) was the only one not location specific. I am content to wait and see and let them make their own choices.
P.S. I will continue to enjoy the discussions here and join in with MO when I choose
One point however if I may... How many people on this forum EVER wore the uniform of their country to represent it at Olympic Games that in itself is an achievement even if you are on the reserves bench for the competition.
(and yes I think she could have done more since but couldnt we all)
Old 04-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

Do they do a lot of things with family outside of these events. Does anyone know?

And for Olga, I might be a romantic, but I am also not here to plan someone else's courtship. I am just curious from time to time.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Gentry

Well, there was the ski trip during the holidays and staying with Princesse Caroline...? Somewhere else here there were images of them in SA kicking around a rugby ball, though now that we know her former beaus were rugby players, I might have left that aside if I were her. Instead, they said he looked uncomfortable or clumsy. I wonder if it was payback for all the awkwardness she displays in his world?

On the topic of PR, he lucked out with PG. She was more than just a good P.R. match, she turned out to have substance. Maybe that's the standard he held against CW, and saw she didn't measure up. CW gives off a vibe of "blond ambition" and is not nearly as beautiful as the supreme blond of Monaco. She simply is piggybacking on the myth. Were she not in the Monaco glare, she wouldn't be picked up on any radar. IMO

Quote:
Do they do a lot of things with family outside of these events. Does anyone know?

And for Olga, I might be a romantic, but I am also not here to plan someone else's courtship. I am just curious from time to time.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

All of us are curious, that's why we come here to read, sometimes post. There are many types of personalities within these readers, posters. And my point is really, we need to just not sully or paint the threads as having subjects that are hopeless, undesirable.

Its a powerful feeling sometimes when our fingers are on the keys. We forget sometimes and exorcise our own stuff when all we are doing is as I said putrifying the threads. Even though we get the feeling that what we can say can CHANGE or have some power over the subjects we're discussing.

And as for Amad--above there--Kudos for your life and a rather lovely post. You made for a refreshing read.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Aristocracy

what does kudos mean
Old 04-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Aristocracy

Kudos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
what does kudos mean
"applause"
She is "tipping her hat to you".

I also agree that someone entering a crown princess role should be of more substance and doing more to represent something in her own world. Let us see where their story goes ..

Have there been any recent interviews with PA about his relationship with CW? Like with Larry King or anyone? Any links?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Gentry

On topic

Getting back to PA & CW, I think the more they are backed into a corner by public criticism, the more they will end up bonding. If they have nothing else to stand on, the people's animosity will give them by default an artificial feeling of relevance as a couple. Her slips and flaws can only make him more reassured in his princeliness when he protects her. It's synergy really. The worse she is, the better it makes him. It's not great passion, it's not destiny but it feeds on what they see reflected back at them. IMO, they both don't know in and of themselves, who they are. She is not mature by reason of her years, upbringing etc. and he, the more I observe, is a man trying to define himself. They're playing for an audience that fuels their desire to be with one another. If no one paid attention, we'd see more effort on his part to seek approval, naturally. The attention only spoils them.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Aristocracy

Nicely put, Lozange. Frankly, they are always in the public eye. There is always someone else outside of them or their circle, so they are always on show. I don't know if they ever really get to be themselves except when they are completely alone, so we'll never know what that is.

Where does CW live now? I might have missed that previously. Do they live together now?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Gentry

When is he ever home?:ron:

Quote:
Nicely put, Lozange. Frankly, they are always in the public eye. There is always someone else outside of them or their circle, so they are always on show. I don't know if they ever really get to be themselves except when they are completely alone, so we'll never know what that is.

Where does CW live now? I might have missed that previously. Do they live together now?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Commoner

I read somewhere that Point de Vue was reporting on the engagement of albert and charlene. Is this for real?
Old 04-17-2008, 03:01 AM
Serene Highness

It's old news and not true, just media hoax. There was official denial of engagement from Princely Palace.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 04-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Gentry

All things considered, if PA didn't travel so much, they might even be considered common-law by now!

Quote:

Old 04-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Aristocracy

Is CW preparing now for their next outing together? It seems to be the modus opperendi (sp?) with them. He goes off and does some high-profile things on his own as sovereign. CW hides away and comes out looking "new" and polished and in fantastic new clothes at another outing together when he gets back.

What is their next outing, anyone know? Are they still together?
Old 04-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Aristocracy

Anyone coming onto this thread lately?
I am getting the creeps. Every time there is a LONG absence of CW, there is a huge splash at the end of it. This time PA has gone off so long and she has been out of the limelight so long now, that I am aware of how big the splash might be!?
Any news of what's up with those two?
I have not found anything lately besides PA's touring work.

Here's a view from one year ago! :
IOL: Apple of Prince Albert's eye makes a splash

I guess we all know it's okay to have a girlfriend/boyfriend and maybe they are just not our "soulmate", so we just enjoy the time we are together.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I have not found anything lately besides PA's touring work.

And you're complaining about that? I believe it's a good thing that he is working... making the effort to re-focus his energy towards work. As a result, perhaps the media will as well. There are more important issues to deal with and focus on in Monaco besides their relationship. Who knows what and where Charlene is, but I have no doubt they are still a happy couple.

You know what they say: No news is good news.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Aristocracy

GT

I am not complaining at all about his work/business ventures. I am glad he pressed on these issues and did very well for himself and Monaco.

But I was pointing out that every time CW lays low, she comes back with a new look and splashier in the press. I think many of us hope for/look for substance in CW and see little of it yet. Hopefully she will rise to show it publically eventually. You already like this CW, whereas some of us are waiting for more convincing aspects of her personality and character to show up. I wish her well, but also have my own feelings on the fate of that beautiful principality.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship