Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are right. That is interesting that Charlene doesn't say she loves Albert. The article is written that the reader will think that.

"Love" is between them, not them and us.

What Charlene said about Albert is enough to make us she loves her future husband, saying that he was the man she always dreamed and when she saw him the first time she felt she was the one . Not useful to say I LOVE HIM Words like this is enough to say the love between them. Prince Albert in the interview of glanzundgloria said about the wedding he was yet very happy and the wedding was the further step of happyness and he was looking forwards it. There are many photos which showed in the past and now they love each other. During the national fest, during the mass, when he wanted to kiss her but Charlene was to far and she could only take his hands, the end of the mass when he waited for her and he took her hand. On the balcony, there is a photo on Point De Vue where they had their hands crossed. There is also the photo which was on the Paris Match and which is everywhere where they were in the japonese restaurant and Prince Albert kissed Charlene on the hair like a lover man. There are photos on Gettty where Prince Albert took the hand of Charlene at the fest of Saint Devote at the burning of the cannot and they went to watch the firework together arm under arm. Not need to declare to the entire world they are loving each other .Those who said this two people did not love each other were the same that declared untill the debut of their romance they did not marry, Prince Albert did not love her .When there were photos where Albert kissed her at her birthday day, when there were tender photos where Charlene took her head on the shoulder of Albert, they said it was not true, the prince turned his head because he was ennoyed. They did not want to see the true they do not want to see the wedding and they say it is not a love wedding.Are they behind the door of the palace? or are they so naive? I do not know, it is her affair not us. And we will see the future,

In the beginning of the relationship we saw very few pics of them kissing each other. Which is ok, give them privacy, i was going to be "worried" if i have never seen a pic of them kissing.
But now they are not that romantic like before, which is ok again, because time has passed and we can't pretend that love retains the same way that the first day.
Now, Charlene trying to sell that it was "destiny" that she fell that "that man was the one since the first day she saw him" thatm is ridiculous, we weren't born yesterday. So she fell in love with Albert the first time she saw him, right.
He was the guy she has always dream of...ok, i have a comment on that but some people here might get mad if say it.
If you want to believe in a fairy tale that doesn't exist, go ahead.

I don't believe in any "fairytale", and I don't think CW nor PA are necessarily selling one. CW is expressing her feelings for the man she is going to marry. They are her feelings. Maybe she is embellishing, maybe not.

Why should it matter to anyone?

They are two adults well over the age of consent who have decided to try and build a future together.

The rest is nobody else's business...and that applies not only to THEIR marriage but to anyone's.

As Zonk pointed out, we saw plenty of photos of couples like Alexandra and Joachim(Denmark)smooching and starry eyes, and Andrew and Sarah too. Look how THOSE marriages turned out!

The fact that PA and CW don't seem "in love" to some people is meaningless.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Albert had married when he was younger and his bride to be was the same age instead of him being a year older than his future mother in law they might be more popular. Many people frown on the age difference. They aren't a romantic looking couple like Will and Kate and Victoria and Daniel are. When people fail to see a love connection between a couple or there is the father daughter look they tend to ignore them as a serious match. Just my opinion based on what I see myself, have heard and why they are boring to many. Its hard to be bored by youth.

"It is hard to be bored by youth??!" It depends on who the "youth" is!:lol:

I couldn't care less about Zara Phillips/Mike Tindall for example and I am only mildly interested in William/Kate because the Brits do this sort of thing so spectacularly well and I love watching them do it.

The fact that William/Kate have been together soo long living already like man and wife has taken a LOT of the freshness and magic OUT of their wedding...at least for me it has. I mean...they are in their late twenties and this was expected for a looong time.

As for Daniel/Victoria, they had one of the most gorgeous weddings ever and I adore them. But they are in their early to mid-30's...not exactly the first blush of youth. Nobody here in the US knew who they were or cared much....there was even less attention paid to THAT engagement than there is to Albert/Charlene.

Last but not least...CW at 33 is only a few years older than KM. Prince Albert is in his early to mid 50's, not exactly drooling around with a cane in his dotage!

Last edited:
I don't believe in any "fairytale", and I don't think CW nor PA are necessarily selling one. CW is expressing her feelings for the man she is going to marry. They are her feelings. Maybe she is embellishing, maybe not.

Why should it matter to anyone?

They are two adults well over the age of consent who have decided to try and build a future together.

The rest is nobody else's business...and that applies not only to THEIR marriage but to anyone's.

As Zonk pointed out, we saw plenty of photos of couples like Alexandra and Joachim(Denmark)smooching and starry eyes, and Andrew and Sarah too. Look how THOSE marriages turned out!

The fact that PA and CW don't seem "in love" to some people is meaningless.

Hi Moonmaiden! I just think myself, and others, don't like the idea of a "manufactured" type relationship (as it seems to me), especially when they are trying to spin it like the wedding, relationship, etc. of the century.

I like that Sarah and Andrew seemed in love, and very close, I never saw those awkward moments or public disagreements as we do with some royal couples now. They just didn't make it. In love at the start doesn't mean forever of course, but I feel those who are in love to start have a better chance and it makes me want to root for them.

As I have said all over this board nothing of the royals lives are our business, but they are public figures, we are here discussing aspects of their lives, so I don't get the fallback "It's none of our business" comment posters keep making. Why would anyone be on a royal discussion forum if they thought their lives were off limits to discuss? ;)

It would be a little creepy if PA and CW were bouncing around giggling together like teenagers, but I can't help but comment with these two royal couples about to be married seem pretty lukewarm unless they are making a big effort to be "natural". Prince Albert especially seems much more at ease when he is off doing his own thing.

Even just erasing all the photos, and expressions, etc. I've seen just the reasons for getting married from these men seems weak and underwhelming. Perhaps it is just how long these couples hang around each other before getting married that does it. It's like they've already been married ten years and so there isn't much sparkle. Yet for me if I was in love with the person I was marrying and someone asked me why, or if they were my soul mate, etc. there would be no doubt in my replies.

As Moonmaiden said some people don't care if they seem in love or not. There are other reasons to marry, especially in royal families arranged, business type marriages were/are common, I know... I just hoped after all this time waiting Prince Albert would have found someone who truly was his soul mate, without a doubt to him, and it would be a wonderful Monaco fairytale.... :sad:

(I don't mind the age difference between CW and PA. I think some couples of the same age can be a little boring. There can be something interesting in what brought a couple with an age difference together.)

Last edited:
Last but not least...CW at 33 is only a few years older than KM. Prince Albert is in his early to mid 50's, not exactly drooling around with a cane in his dotage!

True, but the fact remains that he is old enough to be her father, and he really isn't much to look at.
Considering these things, it's hard to avoid a touch of cynicism about their relationship, imo.

Age has nothing to do with anything and it matters not that he "really isn't much to look at." Is he supposed to marry someone his own age, love or not, who would be hard-pressed to concieve? Everything is a trade off and I am glad he has found someone he's happy with. I don't believe he would have proposed if he's not happy with Charlene.

If one is too picky with age and looks, one might never find happiness.

The age factor will always be a matter of interest.
Judging by pics, we could say the relationship has changed a little. They weren't together (photographed) in a long time, not even in Gstaad holidays. The last time they were pictured was in Antoinette's funeral.
Again, we don't know how much they love each other. Maybe they don't love madly each other, maybe they are just together because they got used to it, and Albert proposed her because she stood by him all these years, and he probably thought "well, i promised Monaco a princess, so, why not?"

Age has nothing to do with anything and it matters not that he "really isn't much to look at." Is he supposed to marry someone his own age, love or not, who would be hard-pressed to concieve? Everything is a trade off and I am glad he has found someone he's happy with. I don't believe he would have proposed if he's not happy with Charlene.

I agree. I could start rattling off names of some Royals I consider too homely to have been able to find someone young and attractive enough to marry....but that would be rude.

PA was obviously not going to marry a woman the same age as himself, not if he wants heirs.;)

Albert neither looks nor behaves like an old man, and is said to be charm personified when you meet him in person.

On top of that has received a first rate education both in Europe and America, speaks several languages and is a billionaire Prince.

If THAT is not enough to make him attractive enough for a much younger woman to want to marry I don't know what is.:whistling:

Hi Moonmaiden! I just think myself, and others, don't like the idea of a "manufactured" type relationship (as it seems to me), especially when they are trying to spin it like the wedding, relationship, etc. of the century.

I like that Sarah and Andrew seemed in love, and very close, I never saw those awkward moments or public disagreements as we do with some royal couples now. They just didn't make it. In love at the start doesn't mean forever of course, but I feel those who are in love to start have a better chance and it makes me want to root for them.

As I have said all over this board nothing of the royals lives are our business, but they are public figures, we are here discussing aspects of their lives, so I don't get the fallback "It's none of our business" comment posters keep making. Why would anyone be on a royal discussion forum if they thought their lives were off limits to discuss? ;)

It would be a little creepy if PA and CW were bouncing around giggling together like teenagers, but I can't help but comment with these two royal couples about to be married seem pretty lukewarm unless they are making a big effort to be "natural". Prince Albert especially seems much more at ease when he is off doing his own thing.

Even just erasing all the photos, and expressions, etc. I've seen just the reasons for getting married from these men seems weak and underwhelming. Perhaps it is just how long these couples hang around each other before getting married that does it. It's like they've already been married ten years and so there isn't much sparkle. Yet for me if I was in love with the person I was marrying and someone asked me why, or if they were my soul mate, etc. there would be no doubt in my replies.

As Moonmaiden said some people don't care if they seem in love or not. There are other reasons to marry, especially in royal families arranged, business type marriages were/are common, I know... I just hoped after all this time waiting Prince Albert would have found someone who truly was his soul mate, without a doubt to him, and it would be a wonderful Monaco fairytale.... :sad:

(I don't mind the age difference between CW and PA. I think some couples of the same age can be a little boring. There can be something interesting in what brought a couple with an age difference together.)

Hi Hissy,

PA and CW are not "trying to spin it as the romance/marriage of the century". They simply announced their engagement and are going about their lives.

I believe that mostly due to reality televsion among many other very negative and crass influences in our culture, we have become too intrusive when it comes to the private lives of public people.

Sure, we are here to discuss Royals because we find them interesting. But for me, all this speculating about whether or not they are "in love" is just pointless.

There are many facets to the word "love". Romantic love has it's place but it is no guarantee that a marriage will be successful or happy long term.

Anyone who believes otherwise is either very foolish or very young.

Both PA and CW(especially PA) seem like people who are reserved and dignified IN PUBLIC. I personally love that, I think it's the way Royals SHOULD behave. I do not see the lack of warmth and spontaneity between them that some others see...it's all very subjective.

My speculation...based only my personal observations and beliefs...is that CW understands PA's position, supports him emotionally and gives him all the space he could possibly want or need. She also admires and respects him a great deal.

He on the other hand seems extremely protective and generous toward her and seems determined to make a life with her...he also strikes me as the type who would respect his partner's desire for occasional freedom and privacy.

Sounds ideal to me...I think they are both VERY lucky to have found one another!:whistling:

Last edited:
Hi Moonmaiden! I hope you saw my reply to your question about the channel Albert's ceremony was on. Those posts of ours were moved, but the channel was when I was on holiday in Canada, TVA or TV5, I believe. :)

As for the couple being dignified I have seen a few photos that goes against that! (CW's air guitar photo!) :lol:

True Prince Albert is very charming, gentlemanly, and approachable in person in my experience anyway (I'd say he's quite a bit different to press members at times). Never met CW, don't really need to. Sure I wouldn't hate her, but I can't warm up to her.

The whole palace is selling the relationship and wedding as "of the century", and both PA and CW have expressed in interviews along the lines of this is what Monaco has long waited for:them. To me it just seems contrived so much of the time. They seem to get along okay, but there has been a couple of public disagreements they've had which really surprised me and made me feel icky just to look at the photos. :ermm:

Yeah, I agree (as I said in my last post), that romantic love, being in love is no guarantee, but I would like to hope there is at least that to start. I am young, and probably too romantic, but after this length of time I just thought PA would end up with someone really outstanding....

If I understand you right I think maybe you mean the "are they in love or not" conversation is pointless because there is never tangible proof of anyone being "in love" (like a big red heart appears over their head only if they are truly in love)? As well I think you mean that it's different to how we all perceive it in others? And that if they are, or not, it still doesn't change anything, they are still getting married, and we will never likely know for certain anyway, etc.? Is that sort of it?

For how awkward they both can be to me, I have to agree that even if I think they could each find more romantic partners, there wasn't exactly a run on either of them (not seriously anyway) to marry anyone else, especially recently. So in that way, yes they are lucky I guess to have found each other! :p

Good post Moonmaiden23!

Hey KittyAtlanta! I hope PA is really happy. Yes, I agree, I certainly don't think of the age difference is a problem as long as they have things in common to deepen their relationship.

Perhaps some of what I see where he seems happier and more lighthearted away from CW is because he has been a bachelor for sooooo long, that he still really needs to get away by himself, be "free"?

CW has expressed in an interview that after the wedding that she is looking forward to down time, by herself. So maybe that is a quirk they both have?

I actually think he could regain some of his former better looks with some exercise, weight loss, perhaps laser eye surgery, restore his hair (not plugs or anything!), or somehow a different cut? He was a cute child, a fairly good looking young man, and he's only 53 now, so I think he just needs to get healthier at least to look his best for the wedding. :flowers:

Last edited:
Hissy...I did get your post about the TV channel for the wedding...I pray I will be able to see it but I am not optimistic! Thanks anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed!

You read my mind...PA would look much nicer if he had more hair. (NO hairpieces or plugs please!! :eek:)

At least he seems to be losing weight...maybe he saw photos of himself at Victoria's wedding! :lol:

Anyway I don't think he has to worry about CW cramping his style...she seems more than willing to let him do his thing.

Maybe that is what finally persuaded him to propose...he knows he will have the best of both worlds?

Last edited:
I have to finally admit that the two are looking like a real couple.

Recent events, such as the Confirmation, have changed the canvas on which PA and CW are moving about. But that was inevitable.

Let's not get too far ahead :))

There's no certainty that they may be able to procreate....

True, Renata4711, true, and when I say that I'm thinking of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Prince Daniel (a favorite couple of mine). I'm surprised she's not pregant yet, and am worried for the both of them, especially his relatively new kidney. :(

But, I'm hoping for the best, and that goes for Albert & Charlene as well! :)

I have to finally admit that the two are looking like a real couple.

Recent events, such as the Confirmation, have changed the canvas on which PA and CW are moving about. But that was inevitable.

They both look more relaxed than I have ever seen them. :whistling:

Well, it stands to reason - no secrets to bury - everything out in the open ..... and a wonderful three days to enjoy.

I sincerely hope that CW does not have to fear being ostracised by members of the Court, the way Grace was. But, happily, time has marched on, and, despite the demands of protocol, CW should be able to be accepted.

Well she won't have to deal with a difficult mother in law like Princess Charlotte, and the old courtiers who greated Grace in 1956 are long in their graves. Albert is probably aware of the difficulties his mother faced and less likely to tolerate any slights from staff members. On the plus side it seems as if Caroline and Stephanie are on board for the marriage so they shouldn`t create difficulties for the new Princess Consort and can likely be of assistance to her.

Albert seems super protective of her already, and ITA with NGalitzine that he is very unlikely to tolerate any nonsense from staff and courtiers.

Princess Stephanie has already said she is ready to help CW however needed.

My one concern is that CW does not decide that she is "untouchable" due to all the support she has from the Albert and his family...see what overconfidence and an unwillingness to conform to a new and restricted lifestyle early in her marriage worked out for Sarah, Duchess of York. :sad:

A good point, Moonmaiden. I'm reminded of "The Interview" where CW had clearly not done her homework. PPDA is probably the most experienced interviewer in France, and yet she had either not been briefed, or she had decided before that the whole thing was going to be a doddle.

Patrick Poivre d'Arvor's interviewing style with Charlene was dreadfull, to say the least.

His approach was increibly amature and Charlene appeared quite uncomfortable in his presence. That initself isn't such a bad thing as she will be expected to be in the company of people she may not infact feel comfortable with from time to time, so it's a learning curve.

Albert's gestured "CUT" at the end couldn't have come a moment too soon. Note how he tries to muster a light hearted smile and Charlene standing beside not looking at all very amused...

I also don't think she particularly appreciated Albert's comment 'when it all gets too difficult', in reference to their holiday home. She looked away, almost as if he'd embarrassed her.

Last edited:
you can say any thing about this interview but please don't talk about things you don't know, Patric Poivre D"Arvor is not the best interviewer in France, he did not work with any french tv channels in France, they did not not want to make him working as interviewer, the interview of Prince Albert is the last interview he made.When he was a good interview 20 years ago, now he is without work, anybody (politics, singers, authors) did not want to be interviewed with him

Melina, I did not say that PPDA was the best interviewer in France, only that he is/was the most experienced.
I think even he has now acknowledged that his time is over.

That makes PA's choice of interviewer for CW even more strange.......

The problem was not the interviewer. Definitly not.
(I have analized some interviews and gave some myself - believe me: professionals can prepare and do prepare whenever possible. She is an ex-swimmer. No future Princess.)

There were three 100% predictable questions:
1) Children?
2) Catholic (state) religion?
3) Plans for Monaco after becoming Princess.

ALL her answers were a disaster.

1) Are you protestant? No, I'm christian! = (a) logical mistake + b) incorrect French in such a basic message!
2) Children? "Give us a break!" (... after how many years of relationship?)
3) I want to discover France! (Perfect patriot and flagship...:ROFLMAO:)

AND: all that in terrible French AFTER FIVE YEARS in Monaco :bang:

She could have prepared for this interview. But she didn't or is unable to focus on enything else but fashion and pictures.

CW is totally incapable as Princess and professional people see it and stay away from Monaco. But Monaco needs educated people and people with substance LIKE OXYGENE. Nobody takes Albert serious with a red clown nose on.

People like Charlene bring a whole country down.
There is no substance in this relationship if you read interviews with Albert and compare his messages to statements of CW.

They have no substance in common ... no fundament to built a family and country on. They try to build on quicksand.
It won't work.

Back
Top Bottom