Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
first she is not yet princess, before the engagement, she was only the friend of the prince, the medias were on her but the questions were asked to the prince, now she must answer to the questions and she must learn how to answer, accilimate with the protocol rules, learn to speak french(in the interview of french tv, we see she understood the french, but didn't succeed making long french "phrases"). She must also learn catholic lithurgie. there will be mess where she will attend.( next national fest). ).Abide I think the avisers council wants to make a new image of her .
They want to make us forgiven the image of the girlfriend of the prince and give the photo of a future princess, this week, they published the photos of the couple in the official site( in french only ). Also they mixed the fotos of the family with those of the two And suddenly, the same day, the long interwieu of the prince called 'the other prince ) is on youtube. I think it is to attrack the media on the future weedding.they want to make a light mystery around her when she is not seen.

Why make a "litght mystery" around her now, when she never left the Princes' side when they were dating?
I too don't understand why she has suddenly disappeared, unless she is suffering from illness or there has been a family event, the summer holidays are over and we should be seeing her out and about now.
She should realise that people want to see her, and want her to prove herself.

for which people, for the monegasque people? they see her every day, because she lives here,many of them appreciate her. For the media, it doesn't not matter, some of the forums critizes her always. The official site published the fisrt interview of Prince Albert on Nice matin in french not in english, and on the site officiel, the photos on the link at right are news with Charlene Wittstoch with the family, not on those who is in english

The official site published the fisrt interview of Prince Albert on Nice matin in french not in english, and on the site officiel, the photos on the link at right are news with Charlene Wittstoch with the family, not on those who is in english
They update the native tongue first and it appears they are updating the site to including Charlene and Prince Ernst is still in the photos in English. It is only a matter of time before they catch up.

for which people, for the monegasque people? they see her every day, because she lives here,many of them appreciate her.

Do the people see her every day, working as the fiancee of the monarch?
The last picture I saw of Charlene was that dinner in the sky she was having.

Yeah, i don't think monegasque people see her "every day". In fact, i think they see her as many times as we see her. When do they see her? Walking in the street, shopping in boutiques? i don't think so.

My mother has a house at Eze closed to Monaco,it is a small country of 2 km2. I have the luck having many monegasque friends.they all say me that they are used to see Charlene Wittstock at Monaco in the street or shopping at the big center of Fontvielle, they are also used to see Princess Stephanie.

They are lucky then.
It's weird that if Charlene is seen every day in Monaco, nowbody (i mean, paparazzi) has taken a picture of her shopping or doing whatever she does.
For me is extremely weird and senseless that, while being the girlfriend, simple girlfriend of Albert, she got to go to Victoria's wedding and now that she is the official fiancée, she doesn't show anywhere.

They are lucky then.
It's weird that if Charlene is seen every day in Monaco, nowbody (i mean, paparazzi) has taken a picture of her shopping or doing whatever she does.
For me is extremely weird and senseless that, while being the girlfriend, simple girlfriend of Albert, she got to go to Victoria's wedding and now that she is the official fiancée, she doesn't show anywhere.
Monaco has a law that prevents Paparazzi from taking picture whenever they want. It is a reason you see photos only around the time of an event.

We have already gone over this one-a month or two back .[blue dress and all in the Hampton]
Right now there isn't anything current.Cw is under the radar.
Maybe CW is on a retreat from the world before she takes her quantam leap of faith into that rite of passgae called marriage.

Monaco has a law that prevents Paparazzi from taking picture whenever they want. It is a reason you see photos only around the time of an event.
That makes sense. I didn't know that.
Well, i'm sorry that i'm insisting, but it's weird we haven't seen her in awhile. I guess she is preparing for her role.
Again, now that she is oficially engaged, it would be nice to see her with Albert more often. For example, when he went a couple of days ago to a fashion show (i've never seen him in a fashion show before) it would have make totally sense if she went. It's isn't like she never attented one before.

He has gone to many fashion shows over the years. Photo from Dec 1999 to show you. He began going with his mother when he was a child. There is reference to his meeting a model at one who he had a short fling with in one of the books written about the family. I believe it was the mid 1980s. He generally attends the fashion show in Monaco held in the spring around the time of the Rose Ball and Grand Prix.

some nexspapers said that Charlene is holidays with her parents and friends at south Africa .holidays before return at monaco to prepare the weedding.

some nexspapers said that Charlene is holidays with her parents and friends at south Africa .holidays before return at monaco to prepare the weedding.
That would make sense. Can U pls provide the link to the newspaper or tell us which one ?

It's Point de Vue, n° 3244, 2 weeks ago, and some others who are not french magazines.But it 's perhaps true, but we do't know, in Point De Vue, the reporter said she left Monaco after the pic nic september the 9th, but pic nic was on september the 3th, we saw her last time at the zurich exposition september the 9 th, they were seen in Ireland 18 and 19 september.After no more a part, the old photos and the first interview of PA on the official link of the weedding of the palace site .I give you only pdv because , I read the other newpapers at the hairdress and I didn't buy them.

Thank you mp..that does make sense. I hope she does make an appearance at the Fete Nationale next month, otherwise tongues will really begin to wag! :lol:

After the Fete Nationale and the Christmas holidays, it will be countdown time with only about six months to go before the wedding in early July...it will go by VERY quickly for PA and CW because the amount of planning and preparation must be mind boggling!

Generally, Point De Vue publises news who are true, but sometime, they publishes news who are not true. But what is strange , that Charlene did not attend the commonwealth games with prince Albert, and was not present at the Armani show. We do not see her less and less for the engagement. In the other royal houses, we did not see the future princess untill the dayS before the weedding .
before the engagement, she was only the girlfriend of PA, now she is the future princess, there are rules to respect and advisors thinch she must be only on the events who are very important like national fest. It is also to boost the weedding in the media

Generally, Point De Vue publises news who are true, but sometime, they publishes news who are not true. But what is strange , that Charlene did not attend the commonwealth games with prince Albert, and was not present at the Armani show. We do not see her less and less for the engagement. In the other royal houses, we did not see the future princess untill the dayS before the weedding .
before the engagement, she was only the girlfriend of PA, now she is the future princess, there are rules to respect and advisors thinch she must be only on the events who are very important like national fest. It is also to boost the weedding in the media
I seriously doubt that they can boost the weddingi in the media at all.Everyone in Canada I have spoken to about the betrothal of Prince Albert and Charlene hardly knows or cares.Somehow they have not "clicked" to garner any particular interest or fascination. However that may change around the time that the wedding approaches.

Yes, but we shouldn't expect people in America or even Europe to take any notice of the Monegasque wedding - just because Al happens to be the son of a film star active in the Fifties and Sixties.

Exactly Renata...I don't know why its important to point out that so and so doesn't know about the up and coming Monaco wedding and don't care. 2010 is not the same time frame as when Grace and Rainier married (and you had those news feeds that were played before the movie) or when Charles and Diana married. If anything most Americans can name at least Queen Elizabeth, we seem to have an affinity for the British royals even if Grace (as an American) married Rainier.

Most American's don't know who their Congressional representatives are much less Albert or Charlene. Grace has been dead for 20 plus years and most American's don't get the Albert/Grace connection. Not many people in the States followed the Swedish, Greek or Danish royal weddings.

Its a new day and there are SO many things out there to follow: you have these instant film/movie/television and reality stars that royalty doesn't get the attention it used to get and honestly, that might not be a bad thing.

Oh Zonk I have to disagree with your last line...I would MUCH rather read about Royalty than reality TV or movie stars.

Royalty still has enough tradition, history and mystique behind it to keep me interested(despite the best efforts of some of the Royals to destroy it :bang:)

Reality TV and Hollywood...what do they do besides endlessly makeup, breakup, have out of wedlock babies and go into drug or sex rehab?

It would be different if we had film stars who were TRUE stars, like Liz Taylor and Richard Burton-but sadly we don't.

If Americans are more obsessed with reality tv and it's "stars" it sheds some very depressing light on us as a country. :sad:

I would rather read and discuss royalty as well but if you look at the magazines in your local supermarket, you will find that not many share our opinion. In the last months that tabloids have covered the Kardashians, the Teen Mom, Kate Gosselin, Jersey Shore, etc. Then throw in the Demi/Ashton stuff plus the never ending saga of Jen, Angelina and Brad.

We are in the era of minute maid stars. Its nothing like the European tabloids where they focus on people who actually act in a movie and the royals.

Last edited:
Oh..okay. I understand the point you are making.

I wouldn't recognize any of the cast of Jersey Shore if they sat on me...I have never watched one episode. In fact, I don't know who about 75% of the people who appear in Star Magazine are..they used to regularly cover the Monagasque royals, the Kennedys, etc but soon after the death of the Princess of Wales they made a conscious decision to "go Hollywood".

I don't know whether to be embarrassed or proud!

I will have to disagree in part with what has been stated above.
Diana had from the get go "charisma" and a social grace and joy which the media quickly picked up on. And I think the people are the same in the world and Grace with incredible beauty even though many things were against her she strived to make " something substantial " of her approaching wedding by her concerted efforts..Grace left no room for mistake. At every step of the way she had reporters there taking reports that she wrote a thankyou card that Rainier had telegraphed her on the SS Constitution.etc....
Grace involved many of her friends as bridesmaids and that generated opositive publicity .
I disagree because CW has not shown one single solitary personal initiative since her betrothal except to ask to be "given a break" in her interview.
How can that inspire anyone?
No the world spectators are the identical ones since biblical times..the protagonists just maybe unable to generate what was.They did not follow tradition and go to her home and become betrothed.
Yet everytime CW and PA are unable to generate this we say the world has changed.Cannot see how.We have come to illogical syllogism and reversal of orthologistic thought bent towards favoring the betrothed parties while sacrificing logistics. While I wish them all the best and a happy life but that spark is missing that they share between themselves; to be shared or exuded at least a bit for the world around them. That may yet happen as soon as they marry.

Jaya, I am sorry I disagre to some extent.

Both Diana and Grace are from periods that no longer exists.

Diana was a fresh face and had charisma in spades (as did Grace). I do agree that special thing is missing from Charlene but some people are making an apple to apple comparisons and finding Charlene (an orange) not to their liking.

Diana popped up in the 1981's and did not live in the tabloid frenzy that exists now. The British Royal family was traditional and stodgy to some and then comes this breath of fresh air. She was young, she was pretty and she created a lot of interest in people who didn't follow the BRF. She helped create some of that hysteria but a lot of it wasn't of her making. I am thinking the first year of her marriage when the Queen asked for a little space to no avail.

Grace lived in the 1950's when you had tabloids but the news in the tabloids was a like a month old. Not everyone had a television and a lot of people received their news from legit newspapers and the movies.

Fact is a lot of people don't know that certain royal families exists. A lot of people don't know that Grace Kelly became Princess Grace of Monaco. She was from a different time when movie stars where movie stars. Today there only a handful of people that I consider real movie stars. You have people who make a couple of movies and disappear.

I do think that there is much that Albert and Charlene could be doing, and for the life of me I can't figure out what they are doing. How come Charlene doesn't appear at certain engagements in Monaco with Albert? What is she doing? The only newbie royals who have managed to scream the interest that is similar (not the same as Diana) are Mary, Maxima and Letizia. And honestly, I don't think that is a bad thing. Too much over exposure can be a bad thing. I hate to see what happens in England if William does marry Kate.

Last edited:
Could Charlene's recent absence from the public eye reported as a family holiday be more a crammer course in the french language?. It can't be just members of this forum who were dismayed at how little French she'd managed to pick up over the last few years as revealed in the recent interview posted on youtube. She needs to pick it up fast.

Could Charlene's recent absence from the public eye reported as a family holiday be more a crammer course in the french language?. It can't be just members of this forum who were dismayed at how little French she'd managed to pick up over the last few years as revealed in the recent interview posted on youtube. She needs to pick it up fast.

It could be, but then it could just be a family holiday before wedding preparations. :ermm: Or both mixed together.

It could be, but then it could just be a family holiday before wedding preparations. :ermm: Or both mixed together.
Then I have to remind you that would be a holiday from a four year holiday that CW has been having. Unless she went to see SA for a quasi farewell. By now wedding preparations should not be a brainer not with all the assistance from people that those two have.
I wonder if CW is preparing a trousseau?Could CWs advise who is designing it? And if so where?Will she have a lingerie party and or a bridal shower from her friends? Will there be festivities as before the Grace Rainier wedding? When will Pa bestow the order of St. Charles on her?
Will it be before the wedding at the opera like Rainier or after?
Would Charlene express something in anticipation of these events to generate our further interest.One has to be inspired to become fascinated etc."My Big Fat Greek Wedding" had more interest than this one.
Zonk, I agree and disagree.Times have changed but for the better.
The information highway makes it easier for PA and Charlene to have the results of what they have achieved and communicated transmitted faster.
Grace and Diana were 'iconic" so to speak.They created their images by having attributes they were willing to extend and serve with. I think CW has to still cultivate this aspect of herself.In the position CW is about to enter she might want to attempt to persuade the faithless and charm the invulnerable.It is almost December and nothing regarding the wedding has been arranged or communicated. Is this a last minute deal ?
Could we pls have an "inkling " from the next First Lady of Monaco that the case will be so?
Just how CW might do this is for her to figure out as Diana Grace and Letizia did.
Or is that too much to ask?
As always my best wishes are with them.

Your cattiness is quite apparent. Who are you to expect to be given any of these details? What you get and we all get is what "they" want us to know.

Back
Top Bottom