The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Integrity!
Okay the definition of that being
Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes.

What has Charlene done to not be integral?

Old 06-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

Let me get this straight Charlene is not good enough for Albert because she didn't work during the last four years. She also waited for the man she loved to propose and she is a horrible person. Did it occur to anyone that maybe Albert asked her not to work . If Charlene waiting was bad what was Albert making her wait for four years? Shouldn't he have been man enough to propose in two years instead of making her wait four.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Who says you need class to marry a prince?
Class meaning what by the way?
If by class you mean breeding, education and true sophistication, then I would agree with you. Charlene lacks in all of these areas. She is simply a pretty girl who will learn the role of princess. She really doesn't bring anything to the table aside from the superficial.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Mia View Post
If by class you mean breeding, education and true sophistication, then I would agree with you. Charlene lacks in all of these areas. She is simply a pretty girl who will learn the role of princess. She really doesn't bring anything to the table aside from the superficial.
You couldn´t be more correct donnamia, class is not something you learn it is something that you are born with. She will wear the latest styles and hang onto the arm of Albert, as she has done for the last few years and that is about it.
She had better hang on to his arm tightly too, if you can go by what has happened in the past.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Mia View Post
I'm confused, do you mean that because she doesn't those things, she is okay to being the wife of a prince?
Or are you saying that she needs those things?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timea83 View Post
RE: 603
Fandesacs 2003,I absolutely agree with you. You summerize the facts.
I also agree with Fandesacs2003 and her synopsis.Pa and Cw did not even pose on the balcony of the palace after the photos of the betrothal.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
I also agree with Fandesacs2003 and her synopsis.Pa and Cw did not even pose on the balcony of the palace after the photos of the betrothal.
Did Caroline or Stephanie do that with any of there marraiges?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Now I am consfused, they have to pose in the balcony after the photos of the annucement??
Caroline and Stephanie didn't do it either.
What's so wrong with Charlene? I don't get it.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Now I am consfused, they have to pose in the balcony after the photos of the annucement??
Caroline and Stephanie didn't do it either.
What's so wrong with Charlene? I don't get it.
If Caroline and Stephanie didn't do it.
Why should Charlene and Albert?
It only applies if there is sort of a standing tradition.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Okay the definition of that being
Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes.

What has Charlene done to not be integral?
Well considering the above what has she done to be integral?

And as to waiting four years, that was her perogitive? Why is it that she was waiting? No one was holding a gun to her head, if she wanted to be married to someone why didn't she go home and try to find a man that wanted to marry her? OR support her! Isn't that reality of it? Why should it be Albert's decision if she should work or not, has she ever? What should be her lack of responsibility in owning who she is as a person? Are you suggesting she is completely mindless, she has no free will? I feel so sorry for her? A women who was presumptuousness enough to have someone else support and promote her, who only later would say because of her own ineptness Albert owes it to her to marry her? Yes this girl has integrity written all over her? Where I come from a unmarried woman who is willing to live off a man with no means to support herself comes with a name and I live in LA apparently the capital of prudes. I don't know where all the damsels in distress live and where it is acceptable to make yourself a commodity? You can try to sugar coat this girl all you want she is what she is no matter what becomes before her name--I think the guy from Monaco quoted in the press who said he who knew her and referred to her as a "real operator" is probably much closer to the truth. But when hasn't Albert been taken down by a real operator? This time he is really nailing that last nail.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Serene Highness

Stephanie never really announced her engagement. If I remember correctly Caroline posed with grace and Rainier in the garden for her engagement to junot. As for the other two marriages I don't think so. I think she posed on the balcony after she married Stefano.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

There are plenty of women who wait for the men they love to propose. Some have waited five and ten years I know some. Charlene didn't just invent this it has been happening for years.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Okay that's too many questions for me to answer when i'm this tired.
Your right no one was holding a gun to her head, she could have left to get married earlier. She obviously didn't, she was waiting for Albert and she got Albert.
Yes she has worked in her life, before being a swimming she was a teacher
I never said the girl has got integrity written all over, I was simply asking question as to your response.
I'm not saying anything like what you suggesting, that she is mindless or has no free will. She obviously does, she had the mind to stay, she had the mind to except the proposal.
Albert doesn't owe her anything, he obviously wants to married the woman, he asked her to marry him.
I'm not sugar coating her, I'm just saying what my opinion is of her. She seems like a perfectly nice woman, who has never done anything particularly wrong and she seems a wonderful companion for Albert.

Did I answer most questions?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
If Caroline and Stephanie didn't do it.
Why should Charlene and Albert?
It only applies if there is sort of a standing tradition.
Yes I know, i was wondering why people insists in finding things in Charlene that supposedley makes her not appropiate for Albert.
I think she is fine, if she is the woman Albert wants to marry, there must be a reason. I hope the reason is love. Beacause he has dated a lot women, but he finally decided to marry Charlene.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
You guys may not like it, but to become an Olympic swimmer (or similar) is definitely a job, and more than that, a vocation, for most, or even all, serious athletes.

She has also done some modelling, I believe, for sports clothes and cars.

And, if reports are correct, she has been teaching children to swim.

SO WHAT'S WRONG ???
Oh where to start?

Money doesn't give one a patent on intellegence, I don't know why these people waste their time in the press, it is really insulting and that is the worst of it. If Albert likes Charlenes with her warts and all then why are they trying so hard to pretend she is something she is not. She is not bothered by it! If she was ever bothered by it she would have done something about it--she didn't, she is perfectly fine with who she is and what she is about and apparently so is Albert or he wouldn't have asked her to marry him. If Charlene thought it was important to be more, she would have done more and been more. Do they really think they can reinvent her in the press? These people are the only people that believe their own press and the reality is starting to show. My comment addressing the above got lost, but Renata you know as well as I do the farce of it all. Using disadvantaged SA children to promote oneself on the cover of PM. Is that the "report" you are referring to? She sounds like a really selfless girl.

I think they better stop while they are less behind, they are only calling attention to what they wish to hide. The press to come now is not going to be only the press they plant themselves anymore, they better watch out for falling skeletons, they have opened the door here, not shut it.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:46 PM

try making sense out of all this.

Speaking to the Citizen, the bride's mother, Lynette Wittstock, a former competitive diver, said she was "thrilled … I am ecstatic my daughter is finally getting hitched. My family is happy, we like him very much." (Cyn de Harven says"finally getting hitched". What? At the "grand old age" of 32? Yes finally! Snort.)

Colombe Pringle executive editor of the French celebrity magazine "Point de Vue,
said Wittstock has spent their years together preparing for the stress and responsibilities of being a princess.

which contradicts the statement 'The principality's people will have plenty of time to get know her after the prince revealed that the wedding is set for summer 2011'

and 'Albert also talked about Charlene's "sensitivity and openness" to others, adding that he hoped that the Monegasque population would give her a good welcome'.

If Charlene been living in Monaco and has been preparing for all these years for her role why is she not acquinted with her subjects?What has she been doing in Monaco?

Nancy Wilson, an editor at The Riviera Reporter based in nearby Nice, France, was not convinced that a wedding is "going to happen soon."Wilson said the announcement may have been designed to appease those losing patience with Albert's bachelorhood or perhaps to boost his standing among entrenched interests in Monaco who had resisted his efforts to change tax and economic policies.

Charlene has not stayed with Albert out of love but rather out of stubborness. Perhaps Albert is too tired to care!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well that's your opinion.
Why would she be acquinted with her subjects, when she wasn't even engaged to there prince?
She isn't going to go out on a regular basis and just say to people "Hey I'm training to be a princess of your country one" That would make her be incredible presumptous.

It doesn't contradict the statement.
She could have been preparing herself for years, but now that she is engaged, she will meet the people she will rule with Albert. They aren't apparently getting married till next summer.

Why would she stay with him out of stubborness?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:57 PM

[QUOTE=princess carmen;1104912]Let me get this straight Charlene is not good enough for Albert because she didn't work during the last four years. She also waited for the man she loved to propose and she is a horrible person. Did it occur to anyone that maybe Albert asked her not to work . If Charlene waiting was bad what was Albert making her wait for four years? Shouldn't he have been man enough to propose in two years instead of making her wait four.[/QUOTE

I agree why wait for four years when she 'brings you joy' Albert?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Yes I know, i was wondering why people insists in finding things in Charlene that supposedley makes her not appropiate for Albert.
I think she is fine, if she is the woman Albert wants to marry, there must be a reason. I hope the reason is love. Beacause he has dated a lot women, but he finally decided to marry Charlene.
yes, if it was love, what took him so long?

He really hasn't "dated" a lot of women, but always the same type. This guy never gave himself a chance, he's been embroiled with whatever this relationship with Charlene is since he took over. I guess he finally bowed to the pressure that he promised he wouldn't, that sounds like it's going to be a happy marriage for the two of them. Now much more is expected of Charlene she has had four long years to rehearse unlike the other princesses. I can't wait to see what she pulls out, she should be ahead of the game. I can't wait for the interview's and speeches.

Nathalie, we just call it like we see it. You certainly are welcome to your own opinion, but only your own. Also just because something isn't said it doesn't mean that everyone is not thinking it. You think Charlene isn't getting the reception and media attention that she thought she would have? This surprises her?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Just because your in love doesn't mean you marry someone straight away.
I use this reference loosely but Kate and William have been dating for 8 years and they have yet to get married.
The pair obviously didn't want to get married.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship