The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #841  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:01 AM
agogo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: côte d'océan Pacifique, United States
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana F. View Post
Since Prince Alberts wedding will take place in the summer of 2011 it is still possible for William & Kate to marry sooner.
I'm not holding my breath, perhaps Princes William is a bit like his father. Prince Charles took forever to become engaged to Lady Diana Spencer, at age 32.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #842  
Old 06-30-2010, 02:23 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Shotgun weddings, tackiness? lol! I cannot think of anything less tacky than P. Caroloine of Monaco.

And if Caroline just wanted to have kids, who are you to judge her? And if she fell in love with a longtime married friend, who are you to jugde her? If you are such a moralistic, I am sure you have something to say about two illegitimate children.

I agree with some comments here, no one is mad about this wedding ( I have the idea that royal weddings in general are much less popular than before). Besides, P. Albert has always been the less attractive for the media. He´s been overshadowed by his sisters. It is Caroline and Stephanie´s good looks what has made them sort of celebrities. Someone said Grace put Monaco on the map, I think I read it in her biography. Americans believed she was going to marry the prince of Morocco, they had no idea where Monaco was. But Monaco will remain what it is because it
is already an important touristic place, where many sport and cultural events are held.
P.A. doesn´t have to make an outstanding wedding, he only needs a heir. At the time Grace married, it was only Rainier and her. Now, there´s the Casiraghi´s, Stephanie´s children,etc. I mean, if the press is not mad about Charlene, it´s not glamour what will lack. Probably charisma. A swimmer with no charme will make no difference, for good or for bad. She´s not that important.


I am not "judging" anyone, and I am not being moralistic. I am stating my opinion...which happens to be fact, that Caroline is no paragon of virtue and her behavior has left much to be desired in the past. And if you don't see anything wrong with "falling in love with a married friend" as you put it, lets hope you never find YOURSELF in the position of being married to a man and having children with a man who is boinking one of your pals, as Ernst-August's wife Chantal did.

But hey...as long as they are in LOVE, right?

As far as Albert's "illegitimate" children go, I did not bring them up, and I will thank you in advance for not presuming to know my thoughts when I haven't shared them...but since you DID bring it up?

There are no illegitimate children...it's the adults who are illegitimate.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #843  
Old 06-30-2010, 03:29 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ***** *****, United States
Posts: 369
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
People who want to believe this is a love story and everything is great in Monaco won't believe what is being said behind closed doors and that is your choice.

Some feel Charlene should be given a chance; I felt she deserved a chance too. I’ve always supported Albert and didn’t like criticizing Charlene or like the remarks about her big shoulders, hands, and plastic surgery. It’s obvious the width of her shoulders is her bone structure, and can’t be caused by swimming. If that was possible a lot of short people would be exercising to lengthen their leg bones. Physical exercise can ONLY change the muscles.
Charlene was the second woman who had an injury and had to stop competing and became a regular on Alberts arm.

Anyhow, Charlene has never needed a marriage license or title to bring something to this relationship and show the people of Monaco she had something to give. She's had plenty of time to volunteer at the Hospital, the gym teaching children to swim, etc., not having a job she was free to do it the day she move there. After moving to Monaco she said she spent her days going to the gym, gardening, reading and painting I think it was and she liked to cook. We’ve heard she has been learning to speak French however, after four years no one speaks to her in French nor does she speak it. Why?

These articles are saying the same things I've seen people that live in Monaco post on the Internet and info from insiders. The part about Caroline I have also heard said in private. I can't accept the love story they are trying to get people to believe for several reasons.

You can find what I posted below in several articles and you will also find one in the SA press that edited out parts of what Nacy Wilson said to make it appear more positive.

News Summary Royal Blog

Sina, Dailyhearld

Denver Post

You can also find the above piece in several online news sites.
I find the last part about Caroline wanting the Monaco throne for Pierre and Andrea REALLY difficult to believe. Did she NOT teach them to be "real" people first, then Grimaldis? Did she NOT ask her father to NOT title them from birth? Has she not waited, what 25 years for Albert to marry so she can "pass off most of her duties to his wife"?
Those are clear tell all signs that whomever is speaking on Caroline's behalf in your source is a liar.
Reply With Quote
  #844  
Old 06-30-2010, 03:49 AM
Enastazia's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 5
Grace

Monaco was so excited for the marriage of Grace & Rainier...The Grimaldi's are so hot that's why they were always in the tabloids.
Yes judged by all... Grace passed her test Gracefully....She was a true Princess.

Love is love if it is wish you all the happiness in the world but I'm just not feeeling it here people more like pressure....age....heirs.
Of course I want Monaco to have an icon like a Grace or a Jackie O. Carla Bruni makes a great 1st Lady...just sayin' if you follow my taste here :)
Reply With Quote
  #845  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:34 AM
Wisteria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
I'm not holding my breath, perhaps Princes William is a bit like his father. Prince Charles took forever to become engaged to Lady Diana Spencer, at age 32.

No he didn´t, Prince Charles took a long time to get engaged. Lady Diana was a late comer to the royal marriage scene.
As to Charlene, she should have spent her 4 live-in years as PA´s girlfriend learning French at least. She changed her appearance but not her person.
I am afraid this is the love story that never was and it is not hard to imagine a never ending engagement.
I believe that it was very wrong of PA to take Charlene to a royal wedding and sit her with the royals without an engagement announced, it was announced a few days later but if he intended to take her in the first place he should have announced his engagement long before, perhaps the minute he received his invitation, which I am fairly sure was not the day before the wedding.
Reply With Quote
  #846  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 View Post
I find the last part about Caroline wanting the Monaco throne for Pierre and Andrea REALLY difficult to believe. Did she NOT teach them to be "real" people first, then Grimaldis? Did she NOT ask her father to NOT title them from birth? Has she not waited, what 25 years for Albert to marry so she can "pass off most of her duties to his wife"?
Those are clear tell all signs that whomever is speaking on Caroline's behalf in your source is a liar.
In my opinion, Caroline has been wishing for the day that Albert does not get married, and she can be the mother to the boy sitting on the monanesque throne. This is just the way I view her.
She might have taught them to be real people, but that does not affect there place in line for the throne. Just like Diana taught William and Harry to be as normal as possible, but that didn't stop them being the heir and the spare.
We don't know that she has waited 25 years to pass off her duties to his wife, I don't see why she would pass of her duties. They are hers, not someone elses.

This wedding is not going to be as high profiled as Victoria's or Williams when he gets married, because of who they are and the place they are in.
But I am still looking forward to it.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #847  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:24 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am not "judging" anyone, and I am not being moralistic. I am stating my opinion...which happens to be fact, that Caroline is no paragon of virtue and her behavior has left much to be desired in the past. And if you don't see anything wrong with "falling in love with a married friend" as you put it, lets hope you never find YOURSELF in the position of being married to a man and having children with a man who is boinking one of your pals, as Ernst-August's wife Chantal did.
Excuse me?? Not only you did it before, but you are doing it again.
"Caroline is no paragon of virtue" is not judging her? What is it then?
What is a paragon of virtue? the way you behave? since when?
What is Caroline for you? She must be a model of behaviour because she is a public figure? Someone should have told her how to behave, because there are many people like you who are scrutinizing her life to the point of criticizing WHO SHE FALLS IN LOVE WITH, which is not something you can control, if it ever happened to you.
Before saying someone's behaviour is not a paragon of virtue, we should ask ourselves why it should be, and why not, IF OURS IS.
Fortunately, most people are open minded nowadays and do not have these kind of prejudices anymore.

As for the children they are what they are, ILLEGITIMATE, not for me, but obviously for the principality they are. If not, they would be in the line of succession.

I know this is out of topic, i know.
Reply With Quote
  #848  
Old 06-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Wisteria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post

Excuse me?? Not only you did it before, but you are doing it again.
"Caroline is no paragon of virtue" is not judging her? What is it then?
What is a paragon of virtue? the way you behave? since when?
What is Caroline for you? She must be a model of behaviour because she is a public figure? Someone should have told her how to behave, because there are many people like you who are scrutinizing her life to the point of criticizing WHO SHE FALLS IN LOVE WITH, which is not something you can control, if it ever happened to you
I am sorry. rosana, to have to point out the obvious to you but your opinion about whether the children are illegitimate or not does not matter one little bit, neither does your idea of morality, which I am thankful to say, is not the same as everybody´s. Falling in love with your friend´s husband is not immoral, it is going ahead and taking him and marrying him that is to be frowned on.
The only opinion in this question is that of the Monagesque people and of course the change to the constitution that Prince Rainier made excluding any from inheriting the leadership of the Principality.
Reply With Quote
  #849  
Old 06-30-2010, 08:59 AM
DuedePhiladelphia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
She has a heart?
And your guess would be as good as mine as to what those might be?
I would love to be a image consultant for PA nad CW.....His image need a major ovehaul as I said in a earlier post the announcement/relationship was done very lopsided. Prior to the announcement PA should have kept CW under wraps like he did his other girlfriends/create some kind of mystery about her. They already LOOK like a married couple. Trips abroad, the Red Cross Ball, meeting other royalty etc. etc.

Something seems very off to me.

Renata stated said that we are living in 2010 not 1956.... true

Maybe I am old fashioned, PA should have gotten engaged first and then presented CW to the world
Reply With Quote
  #850  
Old 06-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
My instinct is to say "Blame the media", but that isn't really the answer.

It's not old-fashioned to do the right thing to one's loved ones, let alone one's country.

But, in a strange twist of fate, it was Monaco, or rather the Prince of Monaco's father, who brought this media-ridden wedding ceremony to not only a post-war Europe, but to the world.

The son, and the Monegasques, are reaping the harvest, and, just like a real harvest, you can't make it undone.



You guys may not like it, but to become an Olympic swimmer (or similar) is definitely a job, and more than that, a vocation, for most, or even all, serious athletes.

She has also done some modelling, I believe, for sports clothes and cars.

And, if reports are correct, she has been teaching children to swim.

SO WHAT'S WRONG ???
Reply With Quote
  #851  
Old 06-30-2010, 11:39 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamagirl View Post
I am soory to burst your bubble, but the other ladies all had jobs. Charlene is the only one who did not have a job. she was happy to go to Monaco to be a kept woman of Albert's. She is one of the worst that he has dated. She never did and still do not have class.
Agree with you. Charlene showed an enormous patiente in her relation with PA, and finally she gained her position. Nevertheless, she had nothing to loose by waiting, everything to gain. Even if PA would have breaken their relation, Charlene, who was nothing before, she became someone. What would have became Charlene if she had not meet PA?? A former national champion, ending as a shimming teacher in a South African school! But she met PA, she became known, she went into high social circles, she did some modelling with Armani, etc etc. Pure amelioration, even if the relation had stopped! She had enormeous patiente, and her behavior paid!
She has no class, she is just a nice athletic girl, with haute couture clothes.
Reply With Quote
  #852  
Old 06-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Agree with you. Charlene showed an enormous patiente in her relation with PA, and finally she gained her position. Nevertheless, she had nothing to loose by waiting, everything to gain. Even if PA would have breaken their relation, Charlene, who was nothing before, she became someone. What would have became Charlene if she had not meet PA?? A former national champion, ending as a shimming teacher in a South African school! But she met PA, she became known, she went into high social circles, she did some modelling with Armani, etc etc. Pure amelioration, even if the relation had stopped! She had enormeous patiente, and her behavior paid!
She has no class, she is just a nice athletic girl, with haute couture clothes.
Are you implying that Mary and Mette-Marit had class before the stylists took charge?
Reply With Quote
  #853  
Old 06-30-2010, 12:26 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
You guys may not like it, but to become an Olympic swimmer (or similar) is definitely a job, and more than that, a vocation, for most, or even all, serious athletes.

She has also done some modelling, I believe, for sports clothes and cars.

And, if reports are correct, she has been teaching children to swim.

SO WHAT'S WRONG ???
Charlene modeled once for Sports Illustrated, then Audi gave her a car and they used a photo of her as the girlfriend of the Prince for advertisement, (then someone said Albert bought her the car) and someone Albert knew took some photos of her for a magazine as a favor. Teaching children to swim was December 2006 and before, she hasn’t worked since moving to Monaco.

You sound like I use to trying to defend both of them. I found its easier to just supply the facts otherwise you will become frustrated.
Reply With Quote
  #854  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Szeged, Hungary
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Charlene modeled once for Sports Illustrated, then Audi gave her a car and they used a photo of her as the girlfriend of the Prince for advertisement, (then someone said Albert bought her the car) and someone Albert knew took some photos of her for a magazine as a favor. Teaching children to swim was December 2006 and before, she hasn’t worked since moving to Monaco.

You sound like I use to trying to defend both of them. I found its easier to just supply the facts otherwise you will become frustrated.
I didn't hear that she owns an Audi. Even I don't know that Albert bought her a car. I think Audi use one of its model to advertise the label.I even don't know she has a driving license. I never saw her driving.Dispite of the rumours Wikipedia states her mother, Lynette is a swimming teacher and was a former competitive driver.
Reply With Quote
  #855  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Szeged, Hungary
Posts: 134
RE: 603
Fandesacs 2003,I absolutely agree with you. You summerize the facts.
Reply With Quote
  #856  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
She has no class, she is just a nice athletic girl, with haute couture clothes.
Who says you need class to marry a prince?
Class meaning what by the way?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #857  
Old 06-30-2010, 02:12 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timea83 View Post
I didn't hear that she owns an Audi. Even I don't know that Albert bought her a car. I think Audi use one of its model to advertise the label.I even don't know she has a driving license. I never saw her driving.Dispite of the rumours Wikipedia states her mother, Lynette is a swimming teacher and was a former competitive driver.
Duemotors
Charlenes Wikipedia history page since the engagement was announced has over one page of changes. Anyone can change info on it and it changes with the tides based on what another person decides is correct or will look good. That's true to all information on Wikipedia. I have an account myself. Charlenes mother was a professional swimmer. Teaching I don't know about but I'm sure if her father trained her for awhile her mother must have helped as well.
Reply With Quote
  #858  
Old 06-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 61
I've decided to add my two cents. As I don't personally know either of the parties involved, I can only hope that they are getting married for the right reasons, and spend the rest of their lives happily together. Marriage is hard enough, without everything else they will be going through.

Personally, I wouldn't like to think that Charlene waited around four years just to get a ring and become a Princess. Hopefully she waited because she loved Prince Albert and wanted to spend her life with him.

Whatever the circumstances of their engagement, I would just like to add my best wishes for them now and in the future. Congratulations.
Reply With Quote
  #859  
Old 06-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Szeged, Hungary
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Who says you need class to marry a prince?
Class meaning what by the way?
That is true. Anyone can become a royal consort.Education carrer, education or class don't mean issue
Reply With Quote
  #860  
Old 06-30-2010, 03:34 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Who says you need class to marry a prince?
Class meaning what by the way?
Integrity!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany and Princess Helena of Waldeck-Pyrmont - 1882 Warren Historical Royal Weddings 6 11-02-2016 10:12 PM
Photo Retrospective of the Grimaldi Family - Part VI tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 399 11-29-2015 08:01 PM
General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012 iceflower Current Events Archive 843 03-01-2012 03:38 AM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012 iceflower Current Events Archive 740 03-01-2012 03:23 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 assassination best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail earthquakes fashion poll germany grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mary style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania in oslo royal fashion royalties september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises