Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Lady MacAlpine. They didn't like Grace. And, Grace for all her charm, may not have liked them. She never relinqished her American Citizenship, even as Princess of Monaco. I am sure there are some who would have words for that. Charlene will speak French in due time, how well, who knows. Charlene is lovely and they will love her, she just need to become more comfortable with what will become her position.
I'm sorry yes she did relinquish her American citizenship, Monaco doesn't allow you to have dual citizenship. My point in saying they didn't like Grace was the reason they didn't was because she didn't speak French for the first two years and considered her a snob. Charlene has lived there for four years two more than Grace. Charlene hasn't worked for the last 4 years should know how to speak it by now and that is part of why the people do not like her. Charlenes friends are English speaking not among the French speaking according to people that live there and that should also say something about what the French speaking natives think about her.

Fan of Monaco the part about not speaking French came from a De Massy.

Dual citizenship was allowed when PG got married. It isn't now. PG didn't relinquish her US citizenship until her 25th wedding anniversary. It was an anniversary present to Prince Rainier. I still don't think you have to be Monegasque to be married to the Prince. Grace keeping her US citizenship may have been a political move. France was really harrassing Monaco at the time. Also France would not let US Navy ships dock on their shores and Monaco did. This is one of the things I love about Monaco. They are great chess players.

For all we know, she does know basic French, having picked it up the last 4 years while staying in Monaco. She just doesn't feel comfortable enough holding a conversation in French, *yet*.

I guarantee Miss Wittstock will at least be able to hold a conversation in French within the year.

You contradict yourself. If in a year she can hold a conversation, what has she been doing in 4? I hope she has been learning about general culture like politics, literature, art. It doesn´t look so. It looks like she doesn´t care anyhting else but the way she looks.
Prepare to become a princess is not only change your look so as to like other people. She will be the representative of a country of which she barely speaks the language after LIVING there for long.

4 years is hardly a long time. I live in the U.S. and many people come here from many foreign lands. Some learn the language, quickly, some never. Some speak it well, others will heavy accents. It depends. Yes, she will have to learn. No one knows what she has done for the last 4 years. How can you tell. Have you ever spoken with her. Have you an idea about what she has studied or learned in the last 4 years. Comments on what you don't know is not, really, enlightening. It is all supposition.

Dual citizenship was allowed when PG got married. It isn't now. PG didn't relinquish her US citizenship until her 25th wedding anniversary. It was an anniversary present to Prince Rainier. I still don't think you have to be Monegasque to be married to the Prince. Grace keeping her US citizenship may have been a political move. France was really harrassing Monaco at the time. Also France would not let US Navy ships dock on their shores and Monaco did. This is one of the things I love about Monaco. They are great chess players.
According to what I have read she did.

4 years is hardly a long time. I live in the U.S. and many people come here from many foreign lands. Some learn the language, quickly, some never. Some speak it well, others will heavy accents. It depends. Yes, she will have to learn. No one knows what she has done for the last 4 years. How can you tell. Have you ever spoken with her. Have you an idea about what she has studied or learned in the last 4 years. Comments on what you don't know is not, really, enlightening. It is all supposition.

Did I said she has been doing nothing? Or did I say I HOPE?

As for the few times we heard her voice her French is awful. I Hope she´s better at, let´s say, something else.

Cut Charlene some slack people.
Learning a different language is very hard. I know this from experience.
It's much easier to learn when young. The older one becomes, the harder it will be.
French is not easy...I say give her a few more years.

I believe Princess Marie is still learning, or trying to perfect, the Danish language as well. And she's been apart of the royal family for awhile.

Albert and Charlene the future Princess of Monaco

"Case Closed" :eek:is just a figure of Speech.

French is not easy...I say give her a few more years.

We are not saying she has to speak French perfectly. Shall I repeat? Maxima learnt Dutch, which is particularly difficult for a woman who´s mother tonngue is Spanish, in over a year ( an intermediate level).
Suppose CW hates languages and is really slow at learning? what are her outstanding achievements in her life? What makes her a good candidate?

Another aspect:
When you live in a French-speaking country (e.g. France and Monaco), you are constantly surrounded by French sounds, French signs, French notices, French music, French greetings, French packaging, French shop windows......French everything.

With the privileges CW has had for at least 4 years, she would also have access to the very best language tuition money could buy.

What has she done with her privileged position as the girlfriend of a billionaire prince ???

Very little, it seems...

Maybe she just isn't very good at learning another language. Maybe she hasn't been enjoying the lessons or she doesn't like the teacher. Maybe she lacks confidence in herself and her abilities to learn the language because whenever she tries to speak French in interviews people attack her endlessly when we should be encouraging her to keep going. Maybe it will become easier for her if she produces a child and she and Albert speak both French and English. Hopefully her tuition in speaking and learning to understand French will be a lifelong process and ten years down the track we will be marvelling at how well she does speak it.

Another aspect:
When you live in a French-speaking country (e.g. France and Monaco), you are constantly surrounded by French sounds, French signs, French notices, French music, French greetings, French packaging, French shop windows......French everything.

With the privileges CW has had for at least 4 years, she would also have access to the very best language tuition money could buy.

What has she done with her privileged position as the girlfriend of a billionaire prince ???

Very little, it seems...

And?
Just because she has possible access to the best language tuition, does not mean she isn't going to pick it up any easier. The woman might know french perfectly but she is too scared to say anything yet.
Also we keep saying that Charlene should have learnt the language in 4 years, but if she had no support to learn the language, help and guidance from say Albert, she is going to struggle. Maybe Albert told her not to bother learning French in those four years.

And if she did something with that priveliged position of as you mention "a billionaire prince" she would be criticised probably even more for using her contact with the Prince, not doing anything on her own etc.

Charlene apparently doesn't speak French yet, we don't know why, but discussing it endless probably isn't going to change that fact.

99 percent of all that we discuss are things we cannot do anything about, but, even so, we are discussing most things endlessly.

That's what forums (or "fora") are for - exchanging differing views.

And?
Just because she has possible access to the best language tuition, does not mean she isn't going to pick it up any easier. The woman might know french perfectly but she is too scared to say anything yet.
Also we keep saying that Charlene should have learnt the language in 4 years, but if she had no support to learn the language, help and guidance from say Albert, she is going to struggle. Maybe Albert told her not to bother learning French in those four years.

And if she did something with that priveliged position of as you mention "a billionaire prince" she would be criticised probably even more for using her contact with the Prince, not doing anything on her own etc.

Charlene apparently doesn't speak French yet, we don't know why, but discussing it endless probably isn't going to change that fact.
A lot of people are bi lingual in the world but if CW does not want to ; or cannot I think that is oK as well as most people nowadays speak English to communicate.I have to agree maybe Albert told her not to bother yet.Either way I think it is OK for most people.

Sometimes reading here is painful. Charlene is not the personality type to be scared. If that were true she wouldn't have taken all the risks she has taken in life thus far.

hibou, we know you don't like Charlene like others on this board, but what you know about her? what she did last years, my mother lives at Eze near nice a town close to Monaco, I have friends who are monegasque natives, for her she's a nice person who will learn french like Princess did. untill 1965 ten years after his weedding whith Prince Rainier she spoke french with many difficult. I spoke with these friends last days they appreciate Charlene.For them she is a nice person they see in Monaco, who is not proud and who is kind with them whe they meet her

Melina, I looked up Sassenage (which I didn't know before), and it must be great to have relatives in Èze. I've passed through it a few times during our trips in PACA.

Great to hear that some people appreciate CW.

hibou, we know you don't like Charlene like others on this board, but what you know about her? what she did last years, my mother lives at Eze near nice a town close to Monaco, I have friends who are monegasque natives, for her she's a nice person who will learn french like Princess did. untill 1965 ten years after his weedding whith Prince Rainier she spoke french with many difficult. I spoke with these friends last days they appreciate Charlene.For them she is a nice person they see in Monaco, who is not proud and who is kind with them whe they meet her

So your friends have met her and talked with her enough to know that she is a nice person or comes across as nice. I don't know Charlene personally and I am not discussing her personally. I am discussing her education, I really wish some of you would go back a few pages and read what has been discussed earlier, had you done so, you would see my position. it's not a question of liking or disliking her personally. She could be very nice. I was discussing her resume etc. As for the French Please I beg you go back and read what has been discussed because it gets really frustrating to have to keep repeating myself. Please please take the time to read my prior statements. You guys just go round and round and round. Now we're back to Grace and her French. Please!!! spare me.

Have a little patience, Hibou !
There are umpteen threads about PA/CV on the go.
It's not easy to keep scrolling back across hundreds of pages !!!

This is meant as a leisure activity :))

Please spare us your lessons on the education of person you don't know and you see only on the photos,for the persons who know her, she is a nice person .For the other monegasques, they hope she will be a princess who will give an heir to the principaute, who will make prince Albert happy , who will be abble to work for her new country. All that thing, one person can see that now is the prince Albert, for the monegasques, they don't judje, they will wait and see.

Please spare us your lessons on the education of person you don't know and you see only on the photos,for the persons who know her, she is a nice person .For the other monegasques, they hope she will be a princess who will give an heir to the principaute, who will make prince Albert happy , who will be abble to work for her new country. All that thing, one person can see that now is the prince Albert, for the monegasques, they don't judje, they will wait and see.

LOL I'm not lecturing nor giving lessons. I am giving my opinion on her background which is well documented. I'm sorry you are unable to discern that I am not discussing her personality. I also didn't realize you represent the whole forum. So there is only one way to look at Charlene? I happen to know monegasques who have quite the opposite opinion of your friends, so everyone there is not all in agreement as you would like. I will not post for a while as I find some of you very narrow minded. I have examined the facts and that is what I draw my conclusions on. Not tabloids or gossip magazines and I really don't care what in God's name she wears. I do find her surgeries very sad for a woman of her age. Some people like to wear rose colored glasses and drink Kool-aid. I prefer the to look at the whole picture --- economics and all.

LOL I'm not lecturing nor giving lessons. I am giving my opinion on her background which is well documented. I'm sorry you are unable to discern that I am not discussing her personality. I also didn't realize you represent the whole forum. So there is only one way to look at Charlene? I happen to know monegasques who have quite the opposite opinion of your friends, so everyone there is not all in agreement as you would like. I will not post for a while as I find some of you very narrow minded. I have examined the facts and that is what I draw my conclusions on. Not tabloids or gossip magazines and I really don't care what in God's name she wears. I do find her surgeries very sad for a woman of her age. Some people like to wear rose colored glasses and drink Kool-aid. I prefer the to look at the whole picture --- economics and all.

Sorry that I have to say this, hibou, but what you and some other people are doing seems, well not narrow minded maybe but a little too determined and almost freakish to me. What is it you are going for? To turn this place into what it is like on other boards - a pathatic crusade against Albert and Charlene, having every single post say how down low Monaco is? Not only bashing them but calling them names and comment on their appearences in a way not even the worst of my students would do.
And seriously, what for? I understand you care for Monaco. Ok. But that gives the impression you either depend on Monaco working well or you just like 'posting it down the river' ... guess its the second and then it just seems not right.

And again, it's not that I /we dont want opinions nor points of view - but what about the way it is done. Somehow this is going too far.

Hibou, I hope you will continue to post :)

As far as I know, there are fundamental rules we are supposed to keep, but they don't seem particularly hard to keep. I'm sure I must have transgressed against them, and probably will in future....

For my part, I'm sure that I may have come across as lecturing - it's the price you pay for being a teacher / tutor, one might say.

Please let's all calm down and continue as before...

Sorry that I have to say this, hibou, but what you and some other people are doing seems, well not narrow minded maybe but a little too determined and almost freakish to me. What is it you are going for? To turn this place into what it is like on other boards - a pathatic crusade against Albert and Charlene, having every single post say how down low Monaco is? Not only bashing them but calling them names and comment on their appearences in a way not even the worst of my students would do.
And seriously, what for? I understand you care for Monaco. Ok. But that gives the impression you either depend on Monaco working well or you just like 'posting it down the river' ... guess its the second and then it just seems not right.

And again, it's not that I /we dont want opinions nor points of view - but what about the way it is done. Somehow this is going too far.

I am basing my opinions on facts. I met Albert many years ago. Nice guy. My father's priest was Father Tucker hence my interest in Monaco. I have a friend or two who live there and have seen or met Charlene. Their opinion is different. I value their opinion. I've known them quite a while. I am well aware of what some people call Charlene. I am very sorry to see Monaco go down the river. I had very high hopes for Albert when he took office and I would like nothing better than for Monaco to be what it once was. I have been there myself on occasion. It's a very special place. It saddens me that it is so hard hit by the economy. Do not compare me to other posters. I am myself, and I call it like I see it based on facts. When I don't have facts I ask if someone else does. I don't know Charlene personally I have only read and seen what interviews she has given. I realize that sometimes the facts are hard to take. I hope Charlene does bring something to Monaco because right now it needs something. Time will tell. Don't worry, this is my last post for awhile. It's too frustrating over here. You all are as guilty as the other boards for one-sided opinions.

This is getting rather tiresome.

This is a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion about Charlene and Albert. Whether it be positive or negative opinions, as long as it NOT speculative, nasty and/or bashing either Charlene or Albert, everyone I mean EVERYONE has a right to express it.

What we will not tolerate (in addition to calling Charlene and/or Albert foul names) are personal attacks on fellow members. TRF member is X is allowed to dislike Charlene for whatever reason they deem just as TRF Member Y is allowed to like Charlene for whatever reason they deem fit. How can you expect people to respect your opinion if you don't respect theirs? I just don't get it.

Future posts such as the ones posted above will be deleted without notice. Once again, if you feel the need to disagree please do so via PM to the Monaco moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Zonk
Monaco Moderator

Last edited:
Monaco has not been hit hard by the bad economy. They are in much better shape than the USA or France. They actually have a reserve fund! The US has only had 1 balanced budget in the last 40 years and no reserves for even longer.AND Monaco has no personal income tax, capital gains tax nor inheritance tax. I'd love to import their financial situation to the US.

Monaco has not been hit hard by the bad economy. They are in much better shape than the USA or France. They actually have a reserve fund! The US has only had 1 balanced budget in the last 40 years and no reserves for even longer.AND Monaco has no personal income tax, capital gains tax nor inheritance tax. I'd love to import their financial situation to the US.

FanofMonaco...can you explain the relevance to Charlene and Albert. Much appreciated :flowers:

I've just scrolled upwards to find out which thread we're in :)

It's about Albert's and Charlene's relationship. Not about our relationships with one another, I guess.

What does "nice" person mean?Let follow this this nice person will give the principality an heir and make Pa happy and everyone willl live happily ever after?
We know she can make him happy can she make him lose weight?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's a little too late for PA's waistline :) , at least until the wedding. He'll have to wear a corset.

I read something recently about different body fats, and reading it made me slightly queasy.....

Anyway, I'm sure CW won't mind marrying PA , with our without a big tummy. That's what love is all about, I believe,

Back
Top Bottom