Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She became the [FONT=&quot]Honorary[/FONT] President.

Which is chaired by a relative of Alberts. The ex-wife of Albert's cousin, and the one that wrote the tell all book (the cousin, not the wife).

We are just being "honest" here?

Which is chaired by a relative of Alberts. The ex-wife of Albert's cousin, and the one that wrote the tell all book (the cousin, not the wife).

We are just being "honest" here?
I seem to recall something like that and isn't his cousin Elisabeth-Anne de Massy involved?

But did she recreate herself or was it the Palace. I personally think the Palace press, which has been doing this a lot longer and better than Charlene screwed this up. Just say she didn't graduate from college...there is nothing wrong with that. Mette Marit was/is a high school graduate. She got her GED and has taken college courses.

I will admit that some of the stuff seems fishy...I just refuse to believe that a 26 year old has that much power to re do herself with the public.

I mean, don't we all to a point stretch the truth on our resume's to make ourselves look more attractive for a particular position?

I seem to recall something like that and isn't his cousin Elisabeth-Anne de Massy involved?

Not that I know of-I've never seen photos of her at the Ladies Lunch events, you might be thinking of Cécile de Massy...Christian's second wife.

The website of the Ladies Lunch Monte Carlo shows Charlene as Honorary President, and Baroness Cecile de Massy as President.

Under the "Action Committee" we find another princely connection: Donatella Knecht de Massy.

The name of the actual charity is "Association d'aide à l'enfance et à l'adolescence".

http://www.ladieslunchmontecarlo.org/en/index.php?page=page&id=76

Renata, I think that has something to do with how they handled this themselves and the level of honesty that is actually involved here? I think what people are trying to say here, is that Charlene has not exactly appeared to be the most selfless person over these past years.:

She was his girlfriend and now fiance, not a candidate for sainthood and certainly under no obligation to do charitable work. The majority of the worlds population don't get involved in charities or even write a cheque ,but that doesn't mean they are selfish or a bad people.

As Princess Consort she will have plenty of honorary patronages to involve herself with, and that will not mean that her efforts to support charities are not sincere (although I am sure some will suggest that anyway), it is just part of the job of being Princess Consort.

Last edited by a moderator:
She was his girlfriend and now fiance, not a candidate for sainthood and certainly under no obligation to do charitable work. The majority of the worlds population don't get involved in charities or even write a cheque ,but that doesn't mean they are selfish or a bad people.

As Princess Consort she will have plenty of honorary patronages to involve herself with, and that will not mean that her efforts to support charities are not sincere (although I am sure some will suggest that anyway), it is just part of the job of being Princess Consort.
It is not a facile situation this transitional one. As Princess Consort Cw will have to initiate or deveolp some ideas for charity; humanitarianism and other good works.The coasting on one looks is over.Her position as Prinvess Consort will afford the luxury to give back to the world and to Monaco.Evita was not exceptionally educated but with determination that built her charisma she worked tirelessly for the masses and I think CW might want to read some of her biographies and figure out that much more of her will be demanded than waving from the palace balcony.It will asked of her because those in the know would be reassured by the indication that she might want to finally ask it of herself.

It is not a facile situation this transitional one. As Princess Consort Cw will have to initiate or deveolp some ideas for charity; humanitarianism and other good works.The coasting on one looks is over.Her position as Prinvess Consort will afford the luxury to give back to the world and to Monaco.Evita was not exceptionally educated but with determination that built her charisma she worked tirelessly for the masses and I think CW might want to read some of her biographies and figure out that much more of her will be demanded than waving from the palace balcony.It will asked of her because those in the know would be reassured by the indication that she might want to finally ask it of herself.

Evita is probably not the best example of a charitably inclined First Lady. The Monagasques are not exactly the exploited working class of mid century Argentina and I cannot picture the Princess Consort of Monaco extorting the bejewelled ladies of Monte Carlo society to turn over their jewels to her ``foundation`` under risk of imprisonment.

Charlene has been with Albert for four or more years by now I am sure she is well aware of what is expected of her. Also, if she couldn't do the job she would not be engaged to the prince obviously he knows her and knows what she is capable of.

Yes, I could not imagine a situation in which PA and his Minister of State, his Government and his State Council would not have looked into the past, presence and future of this lady.

Charlene would have had difficulty becoming very much involved in charity or other work in Monaco before she had an official place in society there. I am sure now organisations will be clamouring for her patronage.

On another note, it is a poisoned chalice marrying into a family where a popular family member has died young. Think Princess Diana, Princess Grace and Queen Astrid of Belgium. If these 3 had lived a normal lifespan, they would not have been held up as impossible-to-follow role models.

I hope Albert has not tried to mould Charlene into a copy of his mother, though I fear he is a bit of an ageing mummy's boy. Charlene should be herself - and probably has plenty to offer. She may not have got a university degree, but she is not just a mindless society miss (which might have been more acceptable to some!). She has had the self-discipline to become a good athlete, and has charm and good looks to bring into the family. I wish her well, and hope that it all works out.

Charlene would have had difficulty becoming very much involved in charity or other work in Monaco before she had an official place in society there. I am sure now organisations will be clamouring for her patronage.

On another note, it is a poisoned chalice marrying into a family where a popular family member has died young. Think Princess Diana, Princess Grace and Queen Astrid of Belgium. If these 3 had lived a normal lifespan, they would not have been held up as impossible-to-follow role models.

I hope Albert has not tried to mould Charlene into a copy of his mother, though I fear he is a bit of an ageing mummy's boy. Charlene should be herself - and probably has plenty to offer. She may not have got a university degree, but she is not just a mindless society miss (which might have been more acceptable to some!). She has had the self-discipline to become a good athlete, and has charm and good looks to bring into the family. I wish her well, and hope that it all works out.

Actually Grace died at age 52 (Albert's age). 52 is neither old nor young, her kids were not as young as Diana's. Diana was young. Her kids were very young. Both were tragedies.

Evita is probably not the best example of a charitably inclined First Lady. The Monagasques are not exactly the exploited working class of mid century Argentina and I cannot picture the Princess Consort of Monaco extorting the bejewelled ladies of Monte Carlo society to turn over their jewels to her ``foundation`` under risk of imprisonment.
You go to extremes and absolutes as Evita is a fine example.She had also lived with Juan Peron before marriage.She built the first Social housing projects in North And South America and assisted whoever whenever she could by her own initiatives through what she did for 'her' country . What I am suggesting is that Charlene assess what is needed by Monaco as Evita did so definitively for hers .Charlene has a similar backround to Evita in that she has come from the working classes and is grounded and single minded as Evita was without a formal education to back it.And her perceptions are different to those bejewelled ladies as she knows what the outside world is like to live in and grow up in. Evita became one of the most beloved women in Argentina's history.Evita had some vindicating qualities which I am not here to explain.Eva Perón - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Evita's "alleged" vengeance 'trip" with those ladies had nothing to do with charity but the fact that they resented her being in the position she was considering she had come from a working class backround. I just saw the magazine stands today and I do not see Charlene anywhere on any cover as the future Princess Consort of Monaco.So there is evidently a lack of interest in her and a type of backlash saying who the devil are you and how dare you - which is identical to what Evita faced.Evita ran the ministries and woman's suffrage and you say that she is not the best individual to compare to Charlene?She achieved so much in her short life -she was ingenious- and had pure intention.and I think the same of Charlene.
If you have a better comparative figure geel free to give us the one you may think of.

I have to disagree that PA has an Oedipus complex.He would not be moving forward to establish a family with his lovely Charlene if that was so.And this comparison to Grace is ludicrous as Grace was hardly athletic. Pa's aunt Peggy who was athletic maybe but certainly not Grace.WE all hope for the happiest ending.
Grace is not an impossible follow up act.... because in the final analysis what was she thinking when she rose to those dazzling standards of hers except herself.Did she ever think that one day her son might have to marry and the that girl would find herself in a precarious situation due to Grace's popularity in all things.Grace was yesterday and Charlene is today...so let us see what will evolve.

I get what you are saying, and I could not agree more..excellent post!

The problem is this girl sells herself as being charitable, when she cannot be bothered to support herself for at least four plus years now and apparently even before. She has been charity herself? Hasn't she? All the time while using charity to "promote herself". (IMO) That's horrible! She "attends" these events on someone else's dime and then promotes herself as doing charity, and if that is not bad enough, she actually uses the charitable event to "promote herself." Do you not remember that? She had planned interviews and press photographers with her, along with strategically placed Armani items, that were mentioned in the photo lay outs that she did for planned magazine covers, at a charitable event, all to promote herself. How low is this? :bang: These were set up shots of her gazing out a window, not press photographers covering the event. She uses this charity event to actually promote herself in the press, I think that is the lowest, never mind that everyone knows this girl does not have a dime of her own, or a dime that Albert hasn't donated to her! She has done nothing all this entire time to improve herself in anyway as just a normal person might do. of course there are a few physical adjustments? The cover she did on PM early on where she uses disadvantaged SA children to promote herself? :sad: The only time I have heard of her doing any kind of a one day swimming clinic was then....when they took pictures of course?:whistling: That is the problem I have with the hype about how involved in charity Charlene is. Ngalitzine, you did not include the rest of my post where I said I did not expect her to have started foundations, etc,. It is the false promotion of it with Charlene that is my problem? This angle on her is meant to deflect, and cover her tracks that she has not done a thing but jet around for four years while living off of Albert. I guess they mean to show that she has so much money that she doesn't have to work and so she has involved herself in philanthropic work all this time, as if Charlene was to the manor born? ;) Most people are not this stupid to not see through it, and they should drop this angle quickly if they don't want to cause her more trouble and resentment and have her facing some uncomfortable questions.

The idea to make someone an honorary anything, is because you expect they have done something honorable that makes someone want to support your charity? It is meant to show your respect towards then and hopefully other people will too and will help to bring in some money? What respectful or honorable thing has this girl done, besides hanging off Albert's arm trying to promote herself. I really hope the people here, are going to be buying lots of tickets to these balls and charitable events that Charlene is going to be involved with, or perhaps investing in Monaco's banks, or perhaps spending their money as tourist at the SBM hotels.. There is not a dearth of charitable causes to give one's money to, there are many places to visit in the South of France. I really hope for Monaco's sake that this girl is the draw that they think she is, but they have had four years to realize this by now.

I really would like to see Prince Albert and Monaco succeed, maybe this woman has done a lot for them in the last four years, I just don't see it? Anyway, that is why I speak out here. I think they have all been down the wrong path here with the promotion of this woman and I anticipate a real disaster for them. I do not believe the normal role of husband and wife has anything to do with this relationship, but (IMO) I'm sure Charlene won't mind popping out a couple of kids, if that is the plan, and if they can manage it, but I think it is going to end up a real mess for Albert and Monaco, where they will have a hard time picking up the pieces, all except for Charlene of course, she will have what she has always wanted, that said, you cant say Albert and the people involved are not walking into this little arrangement with their eyes wide open.

I thought Elisabeth-Anne was with her in the pictures.
I'm pretty sure it's Cecile's charity, they have a website you can take a look at.. Lunch Ladies or Ladies who Lunch, Ladies lunch? I'm sure it's posted here somewhere.

Your negative attitude toward Charlene is painted all over your words. I doubt that she is "setting up", "promoting, this or that". She is trying to estabish her life in a new country with its sovereign prince. Not just Mrs. Baker or Mrs Shoemaker. Without Albert, the press would not be interested in her. Camilla did nothing before her marriage to Charles and does little, now. Who cares. She is his wife. Grace married Ranier with less knowledge of him, than Charlene of Albert and he of her. Ranier, married Grace for very strong business purposes. It was not a love match. They, I think, came to care for each other and did their jobs. You have no idea how Charlene and Albert feel, or what the real story is. All you have is supposition, twisted by dislike.

Your negative attitude toward Charlene is painted all over your words. I doubt that she is "setting up", "promoting, this or that". She is trying to estabish her life in a new country with its sovereign prince. Not just Mrs. Baker or Mrs Shoemaker. Without Albert, the press would not be interested in her. Camilla did nothing before her marriage to Charles and does little, now. Who cares. She is his wife. Grace married Ranier with less knowledge of him, than Charlene of Albert and he of her. Ranier, married Grace for very strong business purposes. It was not a love match. They, I think, came to care for each other and did their jobs. You have no idea how Charlene and Albert feel, or what the real story is. All you have is supposition, twisted by dislike.
I don't think you are getting it. I am speaking of the amFAR event! This is not based on my opinion. Obviously I do not care for her, she has only shown me reasons to not care for her. Why should it be required that I do? We obviously have different ideals and values.

By the way, you know nothing about me, or who or who I may not know, as well as other people on this board? It doesn't cross your mind that people a little closer to the situation may not be more interested in tuning in here on occasion than someone who has no reason at all to?

I do not even know what to say to your comments above, except that you don't seem to see anything wrong with them.

Camilla was married to another man, and she does a lot more now than you might think. I don't like Camilla for carrying on a relationship with Charles while she was married and he was married to Diana, but Diana knew the score too, she was just hoping that she might change it once they were married, it didn't happen. At least I think Camilla cares for Charles and I do not believe that of Charlene, (IMO) she cares for the Prince's lifestyle and the opportunity it brings :"HER." Unfortunately Charlene is not Grace Kelly so I doubt she is going to bring in the economic prosperity that a world known Oscar winning actress did. It is 2010 though and people are not so keen on marriages as business deals. People are far wiser and media savvy , they expect different things now before people fork over their money. Also Grace and Rainier corresponded before the engagement and Rainier would visit Grace in Hollywood privately when she was working, after the announcement of their engagement was made. It's fair to say that Albert should know Charlene WELL by now, and there will be no excuses if it goes badly.

You, certainly, do not have to like her. Her life will progress, very well, without you or me. What makes you set of values any better than hers? It is all subjective.

Its clear that she could cure cancer and AIDS, win a Nobel Prize and walk on water and there would still be people who will not like her or approve of the marriage.

Thats fine, no one is required to like anyone, but get a grip people. They are not even married yet and some people are already predicting gloom & doom. Why not just sit back and watch life progress.

If you continue like this you will exhaust yourselves by the time the wedding day comes along next year and you won't have the energy left to criticize her dress, the protocol arrangements and the guest list. What fun would that be for you.

Its clear that she could cure cancer and AIDS, win a Nobel Prize and walk on water and there would still be people who will not like her or approve of the marriage.

Thats fine, no one is required to like anyone, but get a grip people. They are not even married yet and some people are already predicting gloom & doom. Why not just sit back and watch life progress.

If you continue like this you will exhaust yourselves by the time the wedding day comes along next year and you won't have the energy left to criticize her dress, the protocol arrangements and the guest list. What fun would that be for you.
We would not have the sheer unadulterated complacency in mediocrity you impose on us.
You live your life allowing the days to roll by.
As for us getting a grip I suggest you do it because Charlene is not going to cure Aids or bring the Nobel and she is not going to walk on water ever after having had intimate relations with PA for four years before marriage.I suggest you sit back and watch life progress and stop acting like a moderator which you are not. By next year no one will care about her dress and wedding Can't you see the media frenzy who do not give a darn - zip - zero- nada-with no coverage at all.Cw put this over on PA but the world is not buying it - and seeks no media reciprocation, anticipation of the upcoming events.There is no need of a prediction the proof is there now. No one cares .NOt one magazine cover worth it like Time or Vogue or something else to cover her.The apathy and indifference is contemptuously displayed everywhere you turn to attempt to find an article about these two.Charlene is doing nothing to heighten interest in Monaco or make herself a bit more known now by attending events.. that might assist this-.It is almost like she awaited the ring and then disappeared.Cw flew to auction off a Panda dress she had once to a geopgraphical location that was distant and now she has disappeared off the radar. So by next year I doubt very much that anybody will care about her anymore than now..because she has no psychological appeal whatsoever.

You, certainly, do not have to like her. Her life will progress, very well, without you or me. What makes you set of values any better than hers? It is all subjective.
Cw is in a public role now and a public figure and even though her life progresses without you or me - that is just it- she has set it up that way - to not include anybody but herself and her own interests.In the public it is not subjective at all. Because the media has seen through the self interestedness and lack of ability to generate interest even at a low level.Innumerable others have values that are better and many have them worse than this.But is now expected of her to rise to the occasion instead she has deflated expectation and had the intelligence to appear at one of two outings after her betrothal and that a rock concert. Was CW waiting waiting four years for that brainstorm?

Jaya, I can assure you that in French and Belgium magazines, the week of the announcement of their engagement they were on each cover

No one has a negative attitude to CW. Do not compare a thirty year old CW to a mature Camilla; it is ludicrous to say the least.CW has had four years to establish her life and get the ring and she has achieved her goal.Without ALbert you say the press would not be interested in her . Have you ever thought why?When you say you have no idea how Charlene feels for ALbert = we are dredging the depths and what the real story is like there is backstairs intrigue and Charlene maybe in peril- perspiring away about ALbert we are sounding like we are in Guess Who's Coming to Dinner and this needs to be defended to death. There should have been an explosion of publicity by now.There is no supposition twisted by dislike because all you have to do is name a cover that is carrying CW's image and is interested in telling us about her other than Paris Match and has not caught on that she might be unsuitable for the postion.When she is able to cut the mustard for reasons not entirely her own and everybody wanting yet another pity party to give more room time and leeway to adjust to yet another strapless gown let me know.

Jaya, I can assure you that in French and Belgium magazines, the week of the announcement of their engagement they were on each cover
This is a global world now and I expected a global coverage not a regional one.

This is a global world now and I expected a global coverage not a regional one.

Good grief, we are talking about the Prince of Monaco getting engaged. Hardly an earth shattering story, especially since his fiance is not an American movie star. The story was picked up around the world, although it was not necessarily front page news. Think back to Victoria of Swedens engagement, it was not on global front pages nor was her recent wedding. In this global world there are big stories to be covered...war in Iraq and Afghanistan, oil spills in Gulf of Mexico, global recession, economic crisis in Greece, German bail out of Greek economy, worries about the Euro, ...each of those stories is more deserving of front page coverage than a mere engagement in Monaco.

Back
Top Bottom