The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timea83 View Post
Thelma Ortiz was not his girlfriend. They met at Letizia's wedding in 2004. Then a lot of false rumours were circulating that she could be the new royal girlfriend.
That would be why i put
Quote:
He has also been rumoured to have dated Letizia Ortiz' sister
and not has dated.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Good previous posts. I have a question. Did Prince Albert ever have any other girlfriend attend prominent public events like Ms. Wittstock?
Tasha de Vasconcelos acted as his hostess a couple of times- but she never ever went to the Olympics to be introducd to other royals and she nver entered with the royal party at the balls. So I would say Charlene is more prominent in that sphere out by her innumerable appearances everywhere.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Aristocracy

If Prince Albert does not marry Charlene then she looks the worst out of his girlfriends. I do not think that he ever entends to marry her either he has had her public for a long time with no real committment. I think a lot of people see through this relationship.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Several forum members have added names to the "List of Albert's Girlfriends".

Bahamagirl, I agree with you - I think he has never had any intention to marry anyone, despite the promise "Je me marierai" - I shall get married.

With the passage of time, his promise will sound more and more hollow.
But it's his decision, and all we can do is to watch from the sidelines.

Why, oh why do we get so worked up over his shenanigans??
Old 04-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Tasha de Vasconcelos acted as his hostess a couple of times- but she never ever went to the Olympics to be introducd to other royals and she nver entered with the royal party at the balls. So I would say Charlene is more prominent in that sphere out by her innumerable appearances everywhere.
Thanks Jaya.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamagirl View Post
If Prince Albert does not marry Charlene then she looks the worst out of his girlfriends. I do not think that he ever entends to marry her either he has had her public for a long time with no real committment. I think a lot of people see through this relationship.
How many times is he looking at Charlene's eyes on this video?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are becoming an unique couple ("unique" because i don't want to say "weird"...wait,i've said it)
Sometimes they look like a couple, sometimes they don't. And maybe, the times when Albert had other girlfriends and didn't bring them to important galas such as Rose Ball and Red Cross, it was because of her father. Better don't bring them if they are not engaged. But as daddy is not around anymore, and he is the Soverign Prince now, he has some more freedom to do that. That's my point of view, I began follow the Grimaldis nearly before Rainier died.
My guess: Albert won't marry, and some of his nephews (most likely Andrea) will inherit the throne.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Commoner

New here. How does this work?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Well, a good way would be to start talking.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atricia View Post
New here. How does this work?
How does what work? The forum itself?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I am not forgetting that, I in fact am constantly pointing it out. No doubt Charlene has free will and is there on her own volition, and at Albert's invitation, but do I think she has really dug herself in there and waits with baited breath hoping to wrestle a Title out of it? You bet! But, I've only been responding to the idea that seems is being volleyed around here by someone , that because of the length and public display of their romance, Albert now owes it to Charlene to marry her? Jaya I'm on the nay side for the very reasons you mention, Charlene is not a prisoner there? It is curious to me though what motivation she/he had in suing the press for referring to Charlene as Albert's girlfriend?

Albert was entrusted with Monaco's legacy, it is for him to do what he wants with it, and why I visit a forum discussing all this for all this time is beyond my own reasoning. Albert just seems to get himself into some tight places that no doubt he must have some regrets?

Personally I think the Olympic thing is stretching it a bit--Charlene seems to have little regard for her own experience there, or to any sport to highlight it as some great bond? I don't know it just seems a little thin?

Jaya, I'm also with you too on the point that Albert himself can probably get away with a looser protocol, but I speak more about the events (sports or otherwise) when he is a guest or hosting other Royals or diplomats about how they might feel about it in regard to their own protocol? Do you think they might be slightly offended or feel disrespected? Seriously I don't know, maybe it's what they would expect? It's Albert's reputation to loose or gain?

Actually Albert owes Charlene nothing. If she chooses to stay its on her own accord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
How does what work? The forum itself?
Yes, the forum itself?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Courtier

Literally, an incredibly complex number of systems involving algorithms and codes. If you're talking figuratively - then it's a forum for talking about royalty. So we post about current events (and the lives of royalty in general) and talk about them. Make enough sense?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
Well, a good way would be to start talking.
Thank you, I just have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
They are becoming an unique couple ("unique" because i don't want to say "weird"...wait,i've said it)
Sometimes they look like a couple, sometimes they don't. And maybe, the times when Albert had other girlfriends and didn't bring them to important galas such as Rose Ball and Red Cross, it was because of her father. Better don't bring them if they are not engaged. But as daddy is not around anymore, and he is the Soverign Prince now, he has some more freedom to do that. That's my point of view, I began follow the Grimaldis nearly before Rainier died.
My guess: Albert won't marry, and some of his nephews (most likely Andrea) will inherit the throne.
He is going to marry, it just not Charlene

I think PR will marry, but it won't be CW.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Nobility

I presume this is some sort of guest list for Princess Victoria and Daniel Westlings wedding, I don't know if it is an official list or one that the newspaper has written up but it has Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock listed as both attending. Perhaps a Swedish member can clarify for us.

Här är alla namnen | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Old 04-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Charlene has been invited to the Swedish wedding in June to accompany Prince Albert.

Här är alla namnen | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Old 04-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Nobility

WOW! That nice I think CW would prefer her own wedding.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
WOW! That nice I think CW would prefer her own wedding.
For Ms Wittstock this is an honor to be invited.

I think the marriage probably will come when we least expect it. Prince Albert takes Charlene to many highlighted events, so I think he cares for her. I have a question. Is Prince Albert the marrying kind or a bachelor at heart? He doesn't have to marry because the succession of Princess Caroline and family (if he wants it to stand ) was put into place by his late father in 2002. Everything is in Prince Albert's hands.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Gentry

For me that is an odd behavior from Prince Albert to take Charlene there because she has not the legal status as engaged to him and the house of Grimaldi. Why doesn't he take one of his sisters with him there?
Old 04-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Such an honor for Charlene! to be invited to the wedding!
I didn't see Caroline or Stephanie there...I don't like that. Are they in the list? Maybe i missed them.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I didn't see Caroline or Stephanie there...I don't like that. Are they in the list? Maybe i missed them.
I looked and didn't see the princesses listed. Other royal houses had more the one representative invited. I think Princess Caroline of Hanover is a big slight on Sweden's part. I don't believe Princess Stephanie would care about it.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship