The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #641  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:06 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
I have to agree in part with your post #634 Sandsla- but you are forgetting that Pa can tell CW to go whenever it suits him and evidently he has not. Instead PA is taking CW everywhere and indeed she has embedded herself in his life with his consent.Where I have the difference of opinion with U is that Pa is the one commadeering the situation and CW is merely the companion until and when they ever marry or not.Yes CW has power by association and that is all [regarding her Armani stint]and yes it does to a certain part of the population appear declasse for a Head of State to take his unofficial companion everywhere- but it does not bother Albert and in the end his reputation is just as much at stake as is CW's.
I couldn't ever figure out any of Albert's aspirations or his modus operandi
so I won't try now.But yes I do understand innumerable concerns you may have on the ethics of the situation.But nowadays ethics are demodee and revisionism of the rules is what appears to prevail.
I am not forgetting that, I in fact am constantly pointing it out. No doubt Charlene has free will and is there on her own volition, and at Albert's invitation, but do I think she has really dug herself in there and waits with baited breath hoping to wrestle a Title out of it? You bet! But, I've only been responding to the idea that seems is being volleyed around here by someone , that because of the length and public display of their romance, Albert now owes it to Charlene to marry her? Jaya I'm on the nay side for the very reasons you mention, Charlene is not a prisoner there? It is curious to me though what motivation she/he had in suing the press for referring to Charlene as Albert's girlfriend?

Albert was entrusted with Monaco's legacy, it is for him to do what he wants with it, and why I visit a forum discussing all this for all this time is beyond my own reasoning. Albert just seems to get himself into some tight places that no doubt he must have some regrets?

Personally I think the Olympic thing is stretching it a bit--Charlene seems to have little regard for her own experience there, or to any sport to highlight it as some great bond? I don't know it just seems a little thin?

Jaya, I'm also with you too on the point that Albert himself can probably get away with a looser protocol, but I speak more about the events (sports or otherwise) when he is a guest or hosting other Royals or diplomats about how they might feel about it in regard to their own protocol? Do you think they might be slightly offended or feel disrespected? Seriously I don't know, maybe it's what they would expect? It's Albert's reputation to loose or gain?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #642  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Alice the goddess's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 86
Does anyone have a photo of the couple?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #643  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:15 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice the goddess View Post
Does anyone have a photo of the couple?
No, none exist.
Reply With Quote
  #644  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Alice the goddess's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 86
Im new here and i am not up to date on Prince Albert... who is he with? Are they serious? Sorry for all the questions :)
Reply With Quote
  #645  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I am not forgetting that, I in fact am constantly pointing it out. No doubt Charlene has free will and is there on her own volition, and at Albert's invitation, but do I think she has really dug herself in there and waits with baited breath hoping to wrestle a Title out of it? You bet! But, I've only been responding to the idea that seems is being volleyed around here by someone , that because of the length and public display of their romance, Albert now owes it to Charlene to marry her? Jaya I'm on the nay side for the very reasons you mention, Charlene is not a prisoner there? It is curious to me though what motivation she/he had in suing the press for referring to Charlene as Albert's girlfriend?

Albert was entrusted with Monaco's legacy, it is for him to do what he wants with it, and why I visit a forum discussing all this for all this time is beyond my own reasoning. Albert just seems to get himself into some tight places that no doubt he must have some regrets?

Personally I think the Olympic thing is stretching it a bit--Charlene seems to have little regard for her own experience there, or to any sport to highlight it as some great bond? I don't know it just seems a little thin?

Jaya, I'm also with you too on the point that Albert himself can probably get away with a looser protocol, but I speak more about the events (sports or otherwise) when he is a guest or hosting other Royals or diplomats about how they might feel about it in regard to their own protocol? Do you think they might be slightly offended or feel disrespected? Seriously I don't know, maybe it's what they would expect? It's Albert's reputation to loose or gain?
All of this ongoing debate assumes that she eventually wishes to marry. We dont know that. It is entirely possible in the 21st century that 2 adults may enjoy a long term relationship without either one of them wanting a marriage ceremony. It is even possible that he may wish to marry and she does not. All we know is that at the moment is that the relationship seems to work for both of them, and until one or the other decides otherwise it will continue. More power to them.
Reply With Quote
  #646  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I am not forgetting that, I in fact am constantly pointing it out. No doubt Charlene has free will and is there on her own volition, and at Albert's invitation, but do I think she has really dug herself in there and waits with baited breath hoping to wrestle a Title out of it? You bet! But, I've only been responding to the idea that seems is being volleyed around here by someone , that because of the length and public display of their romance, Albert now owes it to Charlene to marry her? Jaya I'm on the nay side for the very reasons you mention, Charlene is not a prisoner there? It is curious to me though what motivation she/he had in suing the press for referring to Charlene as Albert's girlfriend?

Albert was entrusted with Monaco's legacy, it is for him to do what he wants with it, and why I visit a forum discussing all this for all this time is beyond my own reasoning. Albert just seems to get himself into some tight places that no doubt he must have some regrets?

Personally I think the Olympic thing is stretching it a bit--Charlene seems to have little regard for her own experience there, or to any sport to highlight it as some great bond? I don't know it just seems a little thin?

Jaya, I'm also with you too on the point that Albert himself can probably get away with a looser protocol, but I speak more about the events (sports or otherwise) when he is a guest or hosting other Royals or diplomats about how they might feel about it in regard to their own protocol? Do you think they might be slightly offended or feel disrespected? Seriously I don't know, maybe it's what they would expect? It's Albert's reputation to loose or gain?
Sandsla when you say wrestle a title out of a European Prince I sense that U have not lived in Europe to understand how the working of the structure of the Houses of Gotha and the aristocracy stand. I am not certain even if Monaco is included.Knowing how Europe works at the "royal" level; let me say that PA will not be wrestled by anyone and CW can appear with him until hell freezes over at any function ; in the end it is PA's veto that will prevail; and the proof is that they are not married yet and he does not really owe her a marriage if he does not want to commit. It is as simple as that Because on the other side of this argument is that he did not take CW hostage and neither did she take Pa hostage to owe her a marriage because of her tenure.It is ludicrous and I think slightly dangerous to attempt to insinuate that CW might extort a marriage from Pa in any way shape or form. We saw what happened with
Gisele Pascal did we not?But we also saw what happened with Grace Kelly.Monaco is about gambling ; it is about the aleatory aspects of existence in many ways.I do not think a person like Pa has regrets because U are assuming that he thinks like U or I and he doesn't.
The mundane part of life is not something he has to deal with and with his power he functions at another level a second circumstance.If U think Albert is anybody's victim think again.
When U say CW has little regard for her own experience in Olympianism how do you know?What has she done to exemplify this? How might we be sure?
I do not know why the suing of the magazines regarding the "girlfriend " matter happened at all.I do not know the rationale and to speculate would be a loss of time as one cannot read CW's mind easily either.
As for the protocol yes I do think that some other courts might consider it declasse as I have said before that CW is not an official member of the Grimaldis- yest attends; but then again Albert has made it clear over the last number of years that things be done on an unequivocal basis to suit him.
PA obviously has unconventional ideas and slightly iconoclastic.
When you deal with a force like PA it is an all or nothing situation.Expect to win and expect to lose as well.The aleatory and trust are two of the main words here I would use to describe the situation.
Entrusted with Monaco's legacy Albert is doing things to propell it into the future and he is not looking back.
Reply With Quote
  #647  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Jaya...excellent post.

It seems that everyone is questioning Charlene's motives on why she wants to be with Albert...it could be the money, his personality, his position or his company. Its as if the reason/blame/owness for this relationship is on Charlene only. Did I miss something...is she making him date her? Parade her at every important social event in Monaco?

I would say besides what everyone thinks is the obvious (young blonde on his arm) why is Albert with Charlene? Surely he can date her without making her an obvious part of his life? Maybe he just enjoys her company?

People have been knocking this girl/and this relationship around for what at least THREE years now?
Thanks Zonk.
People have been knocking the gal but Albert is still there by her sideand she by his and that is what truly matters.
Reply With Quote
  #648  
Old 04-22-2010, 04:57 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
Jaya, I like your use of the word "aleatory" which conjures up an image of a happy-go-lucky kind of person .... or lifestyle .... a bit like "casino banking" .... how very appropriate for Monaco .... and its ruler!

I think many people would envy PA and CW such a lifestyle!

The word, by the way, comes from Latin "alea" (die, dice).
Reply With Quote
  #649  
Old 04-22-2010, 05:35 AM
stellad's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , New Zealand
Posts: 688
Jaya I agree with your comments. Pr Albert has the power to break up with Charlene and up to this point he hasn't which means he is more than comfortable hanging around with her. She must be quite happy with the situation as well that's why she is still around. The mere fact that she has been at his side for so long must mean that she is special to him whether the general public out there like it or not. Does anyone know with whom he had his longest relationship to date?
Reply With Quote
  #650  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Szeged, Hungary
Posts: 134
It is hard to answer this question. Because nobody knows when his actual relationship ended. Dont forget please that PA isn't a loyal boyfriend. He was dating Tasha Vascoles while he was in relationship with Nicole Coste. Dispite of this fact PA had been dating many women for three or four years. Some of these women were ( Claudia Schiffer circa 1993-94 ,Naomi Campbell circa 1994- 1997, Tasha Vasconselos circa 1997-2000, Alicia Warlick circa 2000-2002, Alexandra Kamp 2003-2004 and course many other girlfriends who I don't remember)
Reply With Quote
  #651  
Old 04-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Szeged, Hungary
Posts: 134
I forget Angie Everhardt she was linked to him in 1998.
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timea83 View Post
It is hard to answer this question. Because nobody knows when his actual relationship ended. Dont forget please that PA isn't a loyal boyfriend. He was dating Tasha Vascoles while he was in relationship with Nicole Coste. Dispite of this fact PA had been dating many women for three or four years. Some of these women were ( Claudia Schiffer circa 1993-94 ,Naomi Campbell circa 1994- 1997, Tasha Vasconselos circa 1997-2000, Alicia Warlick circa 2000-2002, Alexandra Kamp 2003-2004 and course many other girlfriends who I don't remember)
The aforementioned facts are true "but" Pa has only dated CW for as long as their relationship has existed [since Turin in 2006] while with the other ladies he dated one and the other; and had options as in who he would go out with on occasion. Claudia Schiffer was 87-88 and Ange E was a divorced woman.Alicia Warlick was a strong candidate for the position but news about Nicole broke.There has been no scandal breaking since Charlene.
Charlene has been a steady influence for as long as she has been there and may I add that these other girlfriends did not enter at the Rose Ball or Red Cross ball with the family.Pa did not go to the Olympics with Tasha de Vasconcelos.So these are pastisms.Gone over and out.Pa did not buy Armani for any of these other gals.He did not invest in their teeth and their plastic surgeries.Today CW is there and the fact that pa has dated and sired a son even with another woman does not diminish what they have until this moment because Charlene's attitude is such.It is implacable. and touche.Cw inspires Pa's love.and vice versa.
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 75
I would like to ask if anybody on this forum has pictures of Charlene about her school and work place since her Olympic games 2000, and show us some here?
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 04-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiero View Post
I would like to ask if anybody on this forum has pictures of Charlene about her school and work place since her Olympic games 2000, and show us some here?
Frankly, I would not mind seeing the same but this is not a kangaroo courtroom regarding CW's schooling or her workplace history it is about her'Present and ongoing" relationship with Albert of Monaco.If I am not mistaken the title of this thread is Pa& Cw's relationship.Maybe U could start a new thread.
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 04-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
There are images of Charlene in school uniform as a teenager, but I can't remember where they can be found. Perhaps typing in "Benoni" or another placename may conjure up some images...
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 04-26-2010, 09:54 AM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Good previous posts. I have a question. Did Prince Albert ever have any other girlfriend attend prominent public events like Ms. Wittstock?
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 04-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
Yes, PA did.
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Szeged, Hungary
Posts: 134
Maybe could you mention some names of these official girlfriends ?
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 04-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timea83 View Post
Maybe could you mention some names of these official girlfriends ?
Catherine Oxenberg (daughter of the Elizabeth, Princess of Yugoslavia), Angie Everhart, Claudia Schiffer, Brooke Shields, Victoria Zdrok (who was a playboy playmate). Are amongst some of his known girlfriends.
He has also been rumoured to have dated Letizia Ortiz' sister.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old 04-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Szeged, Hungary
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Catherine Oxenberg (daughter of the Elizabeth, Princess of Yugoslavia), Angie Everhart, Claudia Schiffer, Brooke Shields, Victoria Zdrok (who was a playboy playmate). Are amongst some of his known girlfriends.
He has also been rumoured to have dated Letizia Ortiz' sister.
Thelma Ortiz was not his girlfriend. They met at Letizia's wedding in 2004. Then a lot of false rumours were circulating that she could be the new royal girlfriend. Of course it was hoax date. However she was a strong and serous candidate with her background. Another woman was PA's companion in 2005. She was beauty queen (Miss Deutchland and Miss Europe 2005). Her name is Shermine Sharivar. She is dating a German actor who is 22 years older than her. Thelma is in relationship with a Spanish man with whom has a daughter.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany and Princess Helena of Waldeck-Pyrmont - 1882 Warren Historical Royal Weddings 6 11-02-2016 10:12 PM
Photo Retrospective of the Grimaldi Family - Part VI tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 399 11-29-2015 08:01 PM
General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012 iceflower Current Events Archive 843 03-01-2012 03:38 AM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012 iceflower Current Events Archive 740 03-01-2012 03:23 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail earthquakes fashion poll germany grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mary style queen juliana queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania in oslo royal fashion royalties september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises