Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since Prince Alberts wedding will take place in the summer of 2011 it is still possible for William & Kate to marry sooner. ;)

I'm not holding my breath, perhaps Princes William is a bit like his father. Prince Charles took forever to become engaged to Lady Diana Spencer, at age 32.

Shotgun weddings, tackiness? lol! I cannot think of anything less tacky than P. Caroloine of Monaco.

And if Caroline just wanted to have kids, who are you to judge her? And if she fell in love with a longtime married friend, who are you to jugde her? If you are such a moralistic, I am sure you have something to say about two illegitimate children.

I agree with some comments here, no one is mad about this wedding ( I have the idea that royal weddings in general are much less popular than before). Besides, P. Albert has always been the less attractive for the media. He´s been overshadowed by his sisters. It is Caroline and Stephanie´s good looks what has made them sort of celebrities. Someone said Grace put Monaco on the map, I think I read it in her biography. Americans believed she was going to marry the prince of Morocco, they had no idea where Monaco was. But Monaco will remain what it is because it
is already an important touristic place, where many sport and cultural events are held.
P.A. doesn´t have to make an outstanding wedding, he only needs a heir. At the time Grace married, it was only Rainier and her. Now, there´s the Casiraghi´s, Stephanie´s children,etc. I mean, if the press is not mad about Charlene, it´s not glamour what will lack. Probably charisma. A swimmer with no charme will make no difference, for good or for bad. She´s not that important.

I am not "judging" anyone, and I am not being moralistic. I am stating my opinion...which happens to be fact, that Caroline is no paragon of virtue and her behavior has left much to be desired in the past. And if you don't see anything wrong with "falling in love with a married friend" as you put it, lets hope you never find YOURSELF in the position of being married to a man and having children with a man who is boinking one of your pals, as Ernst-August's wife Chantal did.

But hey...as long as they are in LOVE, right?

As far as Albert's "illegitimate" children go, I did not bring them up, and I will thank you in advance for not presuming to know my thoughts when I haven't shared them...but since you DID bring it up?

There are no illegitimate children...it's the adults who are illegitimate.

People who want to believe this is a love story and everything is great in Monaco won't believe what is being said behind closed doors and that is your choice.

Some feel Charlene should be given a chance; I felt she deserved a chance too. I’ve always supported Albert and didn’t like criticizing Charlene or like the remarks about her big shoulders, hands, and plastic surgery. It’s obvious the width of her shoulders is her bone structure, and can’t be caused by swimming. If that was possible a lot of short people would be exercising to lengthen their leg bones. Physical exercise can ONLY change the muscles.
Charlene was the second woman who had an injury and had to stop competing and became a regular on Alberts arm.

Anyhow, Charlene has never needed a marriage license or title to bring something to this relationship and show the people of Monaco she had something to give. She's had plenty of time to volunteer at the Hospital, the gym teaching children to swim, etc., not having a job she was free to do it the day she move there. After moving to Monaco she said she spent her days going to the gym, gardening, reading and painting I think it was and she liked to cook. We’ve heard she has been learning to speak French however, after four years no one speaks to her in French nor does she speak it. Why?

These articles are saying the same things I've seen people that live in Monaco post on the Internet and info from insiders. The part about Caroline I have also heard said in private. I can't accept the love story they are trying to get people to believe for several reasons.

You can find what I posted below in several articles and you will also find one in the SA press that edited out parts of what Nacy Wilson said to make it appear more positive.

News Summary Royal Blog

Sina, Dailyhearld

Denver Post

You can also find the above piece in several online news sites.

I find the last part about Caroline wanting the Monaco throne for Pierre and Andrea REALLY difficult to believe. Did she NOT teach them to be "real" people first, then Grimaldis? Did she NOT ask her father to NOT title them from birth? Has she not waited, what 25 years for Albert to marry so she can "pass off most of her duties to his wife"?
Those are clear tell all signs that whomever is speaking on Caroline's behalf in your source is a liar.

Grace

Monaco was so excited for the marriage of Grace & Rainier...The Grimaldi's are so hot that's why they were always in the tabloids.
Yes judged by all... Grace passed her test Gracefully....She was a true Princess.

Love is love if it is wish you all the happiness in the world but I'm just not feeeling it here people more like pressure....age....heirs.
Of course I want Monaco to have an icon like a Grace or a Jackie O. Carla Bruni makes a great 1st Lady...just sayin' if you follow my taste here :)

I'm not holding my breath, perhaps Princes William is a bit like his father. Prince Charles took forever to become engaged to Lady Diana Spencer, at age 32.

No he didn´t, Prince Charles took a long time to get engaged. Lady Diana was a late comer to the royal marriage scene.
As to Charlene, she should have spent her 4 live-in years as PA´s girlfriend learning French at least. She changed her appearance but not her person.
I am afraid this is the love story that never was and it is not hard to imagine a never ending engagement.
I believe that it was very wrong of PA to take Charlene to a royal wedding and sit her with the royals without an engagement announced, it was announced a few days later but if he intended to take her in the first place he should have announced his engagement long before, perhaps the minute he received his invitation, which I am fairly sure was not the day before the wedding. :whistling:

I find the last part about Caroline wanting the Monaco throne for Pierre and Andrea REALLY difficult to believe. Did she NOT teach them to be "real" people first, then Grimaldis? Did she NOT ask her father to NOT title them from birth? Has she not waited, what 25 years for Albert to marry so she can "pass off most of her duties to his wife"?
Those are clear tell all signs that whomever is speaking on Caroline's behalf in your source is a liar.

In my opinion, Caroline has been wishing for the day that Albert does not get married, and she can be the mother to the boy sitting on the monanesque throne. This is just the way I view her.
She might have taught them to be real people, but that does not affect there place in line for the throne. Just like Diana taught William and Harry to be as normal as possible, but that didn't stop them being the heir and the spare.
We don't know that she has waited 25 years to pass off her duties to his wife, I don't see why she would pass of her duties. They are hers, not someone elses.

This wedding is not going to be as high profiled as Victoria's or Williams when he gets married, because of who they are and the place they are in.
But I am still looking forward to it.

I am not "judging" anyone, and I am not being moralistic. I am stating my opinion...which happens to be fact, that Caroline is no paragon of virtue and her behavior has left much to be desired in the past. And if you don't see anything wrong with "falling in love with a married friend" as you put it, lets hope you never find YOURSELF in the position of being married to a man and having children with a man who is boinking one of your pals, as Ernst-August's wife Chantal did.

Excuse me?? Not only you did it before, but you are doing it again.
"Caroline is no paragon of virtue" is not judging her? What is it then?
What is a paragon of virtue? the way you behave? since when?
What is Caroline for you? She must be a model of behaviour because she is a public figure? Someone should have told her how to behave, because there are many people like you who are scrutinizing her life to the point of criticizing WHO SHE FALLS IN LOVE WITH, which is not something you can control, if it ever happened to you.
Before saying someone's behaviour is not a paragon of virtue, we should ask ourselves why it should be, and why not, IF OURS IS.
Fortunately, most people are open minded nowadays and do not have these kind of prejudices anymore.

As for the children they are what they are, ILLEGITIMATE, not for me, but obviously for the principality they are. If not, they would be in the line of succession.

I know this is out of topic, i know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse me?? Not only you did it before, but you are doing it again.
"Caroline is no paragon of virtue" is not judging her? What is it then?
What is a paragon of virtue? the way you behave? since when?
What is Caroline for you? She must be a model of behaviour because she is a public figure? Someone should have told her how to behave, because there are many people like you who are scrutinizing her life to the point of criticizing WHO SHE FALLS IN LOVE WITH, which is not something you can control, if it ever happened to you

I am sorry. rosana, to have to point out the obvious to you but your opinion about whether the children are illegitimate or not does not matter one little bit, neither does your idea of morality, which I am thankful to say, is not the same as everybody´s. Falling in love with your friend´s husband is not immoral, it is going ahead and taking him and marrying him that is to be frowned on.
The only opinion in this question is that of the Monagesque people and of course the change to the constitution that Prince Rainier made excluding any from inheriting the leadership of the Principality.

She has a heart?:lol:
And your guess would be as good as mine as to what those might be? :ROFLMAO:

I would love to be a image consultant for PA nad CW.....His image need a major ovehaul as I said in a earlier post the announcement/relationship was done very lopsided. Prior to the announcement PA should have kept CW under wraps like he did his other girlfriends/create some kind of mystery about her. They already LOOK like a married couple. Trips abroad, the Red Cross Ball, meeting other royalty etc. etc.

Something seems very off to me.

Renata stated said that we are living in 2010 not 1956.... true

Maybe I am old fashioned, PA should have gotten engaged first and then presented CW to the world

My instinct is to say "Blame the media", but that isn't really the answer.

It's not old-fashioned to do the right thing to one's loved ones, let alone one's country.

But, in a strange twist of fate, it was Monaco, or rather the Prince of Monaco's father, who brought this media-ridden wedding ceremony to not only a post-war Europe, but to the world.

The son, and the Monegasques, are reaping the harvest, and, just like a real harvest, you can't make it undone.

You guys may not like it, but to become an Olympic swimmer (or similar) is definitely a job, and more than that, a vocation, for most, or even all, serious athletes.

She has also done some modelling, I believe, for sports clothes and cars.

And, if reports are correct, she has been teaching children to swim.

SO WHAT'S WRONG ???

Last edited by a moderator:
I am soory to burst your bubble, but the other ladies all had jobs. Charlene is the only one who did not have a job. she was happy to go to Monaco to be a kept woman of Albert's. She is one of the worst that he has dated. She never did and still do not have class.

Agree with you. Charlene showed an enormous patiente in her relation with PA, and finally she gained her position. Nevertheless, she had nothing to loose by waiting, everything to gain. Even if PA would have breaken their relation, Charlene, who was nothing before, she became someone. What would have became Charlene if she had not meet PA?? A former national champion, ending as a shimming teacher in a South African school! But she met PA, she became known, she went into high social circles, she did some modelling with Armani, etc etc. Pure amelioration, even if the relation had stopped! She had enormeous patiente, and her behavior paid!
She has no class, she is just a nice athletic girl, with haute couture clothes.

Agree with you. Charlene showed an enormous patiente in her relation with PA, and finally she gained her position. Nevertheless, she had nothing to loose by waiting, everything to gain. Even if PA would have breaken their relation, Charlene, who was nothing before, she became someone. What would have became Charlene if she had not meet PA?? A former national champion, ending as a shimming teacher in a South African school! But she met PA, she became known, she went into high social circles, she did some modelling with Armani, etc etc. Pure amelioration, even if the relation had stopped! She had enormeous patiente, and her behavior paid!
She has no class, she is just a nice athletic girl, with haute couture clothes.
Are you implying that Mary and Mette-Marit had class before the stylists took charge?

You guys may not like it, but to become an Olympic swimmer (or similar) is definitely a job, and more than that, a vocation, for most, or even all, serious athletes.

She has also done some modelling, I believe, for sports clothes and cars.

And, if reports are correct, she has been teaching children to swim.

SO WHAT'S WRONG ???
Charlene modeled once for Sports Illustrated, then Audi gave her a car and they used a photo of her as the girlfriend of the Prince for advertisement, (then someone said Albert bought her the car) and someone Albert knew took some photos of her for a magazine as a favor. Teaching children to swim was December 2006 and before, she hasn’t worked since moving to Monaco.

You sound like I use to trying to defend both of them. I found its easier to just supply the facts otherwise you will become frustrated.

Charlene modeled once for Sports Illustrated, then Audi gave her a car and they used a photo of her as the girlfriend of the Prince for advertisement, (then someone said Albert bought her the car) and someone Albert knew took some photos of her for a magazine as a favor. Teaching children to swim was December 2006 and before, she hasn’t worked since moving to Monaco.

You sound like I use to trying to defend both of them. I found its easier to just supply the facts otherwise you will become frustrated.

I didn't hear that she owns an Audi. Even I don't know that Albert bought her a car. I think Audi use one of its model to advertise the label.I even don't know she has a driving license. I never saw her driving.Dispite of the rumours Wikipedia states her mother, Lynette is a swimming teacher and was a former competitive driver.

RE: 603
Fandesacs 2003,I absolutely agree with you. You summerize the facts.

I didn't hear that she owns an Audi. Even I don't know that Albert bought her a car. I think Audi use one of its model to advertise the label.I even don't know she has a driving license. I never saw her driving.Dispite of the rumours Wikipedia states her mother, Lynette is a swimming teacher and was a former competitive driver.
Duemotors
Charlenes Wikipedia history page since the engagement was announced has over one page of changes. Anyone can change info on it and it changes with the tides based on what another person decides is correct or will look good. That's true to all information on Wikipedia. I have an account myself. Charlenes mother was a professional swimmer. Teaching I don't know about but I'm sure if her father trained her for awhile her mother must have helped as well.

I've decided to add my two cents. As I don't personally know either of the parties involved, I can only hope that they are getting married for the right reasons, and spend the rest of their lives happily together. Marriage is hard enough, without everything else they will be going through.

Personally, I wouldn't like to think that Charlene waited around four years just to get a ring and become a Princess. Hopefully she waited because she loved Prince Albert and wanted to spend her life with him.

Whatever the circumstances of their engagement, I would just like to add my best wishes for them now and in the future. Congratulations.

Integrity!

Okay the definition of that being
Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes.

What has Charlene done to not be integral?

Let me get this straight Charlene is not good enough for Albert because she didn't work during the last four years. She also waited for the man she loved to propose and she is a horrible person. Did it occur to anyone that maybe Albert asked her not to work . If Charlene waiting was bad what was Albert making her wait for four years? Shouldn't he have been man enough to propose in two years instead of making her wait four.

Who says you need class to marry a prince?
Class meaning what by the way?

If by class you mean breeding, education and true sophistication, then I would agree with you. Charlene lacks in all of these areas. She is simply a pretty girl who will learn the role of princess. She really doesn't bring anything to the table aside from the superficial.

If by class you mean breeding, education and true sophistication, then I would agree with you. Charlene lacks in all of these areas. She is simply a pretty girl who will learn the role of princess. She really doesn't bring anything to the table aside from the superficial.

You couldn´t be more correct donnamia, class is not something you learn it is something that you are born with. She will wear the latest styles and hang onto the arm of Albert, as she has done for the last few years and that is about it.
She had better hang on to his arm tightly too, if you can go by what has happened in the past.

I'm confused, do you mean that because she doesn't those things, she is okay to being the wife of a prince?
Or are you saying that she needs those things?

RE: 603
Fandesacs 2003,I absolutely agree with you. You summerize the facts.
I also agree with Fandesacs2003 and her synopsis.Pa and Cw did not even pose on the balcony of the palace after the photos of the betrothal.

I also agree with Fandesacs2003 and her synopsis.Pa and Cw did not even pose on the balcony of the palace after the photos of the betrothal.

Did Caroline or Stephanie do that with any of there marraiges?

Now I am consfused, they have to pose in the balcony after the photos of the annucement?? :wacko:
Caroline and Stephanie didn't do it either.
What's so wrong with Charlene? I don't get it.

Now I am consfused, they have to pose in the balcony after the photos of the annucement?? :wacko:
Caroline and Stephanie didn't do it either.
What's so wrong with Charlene? I don't get it.

If Caroline and Stephanie didn't do it.
Why should Charlene and Albert?
It only applies if there is sort of a standing tradition.

Okay the definition of that being
Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes.

What has Charlene done to not be integral?

Well considering the above :) what has she done to be integral?

And as to waiting four years, that was her perogitive? Why is it that she was waiting? No one was holding a gun to her head, if she wanted to be married to someone why didn't she go home and try to find a man that wanted to marry her? OR support her! Isn't that reality of it? Why should it be Albert's decision if she should work or not, has she ever? What should be her lack of responsibility in owning who she is as a person? Are you suggesting she is completely mindless, she has no free will? I feel so sorry for her? A women who was presumptuousness enough to have someone else support and promote her, who only later would say because of her own ineptness Albert owes it to her to marry her? Yes this girl has integrity written all over her? Where I come from a unmarried woman who is willing to live off a man with no means to support herself comes with a name and I live in LA apparently the capital of prudes:whistling:. I don't know where all the damsels in distress live and where it is acceptable to make yourself a commodity? You can try to sugar coat this girl all you want she is what she is no matter what becomes before her name--I think the guy from Monaco quoted in the press who said he who knew her and referred to her as a "real operator" is probably much closer to the truth. But when hasn't Albert been taken down by a real operator? This time he is really nailing that last nail.

Back
Top Bottom