The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #521  
Old 03-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Yes, her voice and general manner came as a nice surprise - long overdue...

Having said that, I still don't think PA will ever get married.

More than fifty years of having one's own way does mark a person.
Why do you feel that Pa will never marry? Fifty years of having one's own way are an indicator that times change; that you have become static and that is the exact reason he should in fact settle down.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 03-13-2010, 09:06 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
Just saw the interview and I actually think they're really good together.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 03-15-2010, 07:16 AM
assia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Goussainville, France
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
She speaks!!!!! I never heard her speak before!!!! She dosen't sound bad at all--- Albert lets GET on with it!
( They look like a couple that has been together for a long time- they look like good friends )

I couldn't see it, i only got the ad
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 03-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
Posts: 3
If Albert was poor would you want him?
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 03-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: new york, United States
Posts: 66
Question

i think after seeing the video i think Charlene feel uncomfortable maybe it just me but that is what i see i know Albert wants to make it official but i think it will be best for everyone if it was a wedding announcement instead of sport. it just make the whole thing seems awkward people might make a mockery of this because nothing change i still think it will be best if they did not do this interview together yet at least until Albert was ready to take the big step. i have nothing against the them but i just think these is not a smart ideas. just my two cents nothing else.
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 03-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by prisscess of may View Post
i think after seeing the video i think Charlene feel uncomfortable maybe it just me but that is what i see i know Albert wants to make it official but i think it will be best for everyone if it was a wedding announcement instead of sport. it just make the whole thing seems awkward people might make a mockery of this because nothing change i still think it will be best if they did not do this interview together yet at least until Albert was ready to take the big step. i have nothing against the them but i just think these is not a smart ideas. just my two cents nothing else.
Again there is an allusion to this being Albert's call and maybe from the perspective of many it is the proposal of marriage. But I think that it is both parties having equal bartering power to "marry each other"as it is repeated by poster after poster that this would his be his calland a type of veto.It does appear that the consensus thinks it depends on Albert and that Cw has no say. If I was CW I would be doing some serious thinking right about now regarding my future with or without Pa.
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 03-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 75
I think it is unethical from both of them giving an interview together, for the royal families are not used to have tradition to give them before their engagement.
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiero View Post
I think it is unethical from both of them giving an interview together, for the royal families are not used to have tradition to give them before their engagement.
Not traditional perhaps but hardly unethical.
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,698
In the interview they seem like friends. And Albert...was he nervous or something? He wasn't fluid talking in english, and it's his second language. Although I've watched french interviews of him and it wasn't very fluid either, so I guess he is a bit shy, perhaps?
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Lighthouse's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 383
I like the way Charlene smiled and gazed at Prince Albert when he spoke.
__________________
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
- Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:27 AM
DuedePhiladelphia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiero View Post
I think it is unethical from both of them giving an interview together, for the royal families are not used to have tradition to give them before their engagement.
It seems like Albert dosent care for tradition and the like
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:42 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 36,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
In the interview they seem like friends. And Albert...was he nervous or something? He wasn't fluid talking in english, and it's his second language. Although I've watched french interviews of him and it wasn't very fluid either, so I guess he is a bit shy, perhaps?
It's his normal way of speaking in English, I've seen and heard several
interviews before that one and it's always like that. I would call it a
well-considered phrasing
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 03-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,698
^Oh, ok. Thanks iceflower.
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 03-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
I saw the interview they was talking about sport. And why she there. It just was a waste of T.V. time. Charlene look like she in love with Albert. Albert look like this is my buddy.
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 03-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: new york, United States
Posts: 66
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
I saw the interview they was talking about sport. And why she there. It just was a waste of T.V. time. Charlene look like she in love with Albert. Albert look like this is my buddy.
i kinda agree with you there it is just that i have never seen any crowd prince giving any interview with their girlfriend all else was a engagement interview that is why i said it kind of awkward any people might not take him seriously any more. since he is the leader of Monaco people might expect more from him and wants him to do thing different or act like a leader than again this is my two cents again i have nothing evil for them it just that i think as a leader he should act or take serious cautious to how people view your role instead of giving them something to make a mockery about or doubt about your moral. p.s i am not saying or force the role of married for him all i am saying is it is best for him not to build a false promise or hope if he not ready upon that yet?
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 03-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
What matters in this situation is the people of Monaco.
If they choose to support their Prince in his lifestyle, then who are we to judge him or them?
PA and CW are adults. Let them make their own decisions about their own lives.
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 03-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
What matters in this situation is the people of Monaco.
If they choose to support their Prince in his lifestyle, then who are we to judge him or them?
PA and CW are adults. Let them make their own decisions about their own lives.
Indeed Renata you are so right but the rhetorical question remains when they make their own decisions it is not like the Monaco people vote or boo in the Hippodrome; they have no say at all.Just because you are way past the age of your majority means that they are fallible like most of us and that is what I think the majority ponders. Would you deal with a Head of State who gives casual interviews with his girlfriend on sport?WE are formulating opinions and not judging nor condemning them as we are not able to nor would want the task.They could make decisions about their own liveswithout criticism had Pa not been Head Of State and just another citizen somewhere.I had somehow thought we looked to them for the example and not to even dream that we might turn our heads the other way so that they are not reallly aware of their stations in the scheme of things.Or perhaps they are aware and they are doing exactly as you have pointed out. God Bless them then.
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 03-22-2010, 04:27 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
What matters in this situation is the people of Monaco.
If they choose to support their Prince in his lifestyle, then who are we to judge him or them?
PA and CW are adults. Let them make their own decisions about their own lives.
Renata-Very well stated on the situation of Prince Albert and Ms Wittstock future together.
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 03-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,173
A joint interview is always interesting - we'll see what's next.....
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 03-29-2010, 04:19 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I agree with you when you say that PA sometimes seems to "mix up" his private and public lives.

Once you are in the limelight, there is no going back, and I guess PA wants to "have his cake and eat it", i.e. he wants lots of publicity for his Foundation, his interest in sport and the Olympics, the environment etc.

The same goes for his personal relationships. But both PA and CW knew what they were letting themselves in for: a life full of photographers, writers and other media people. He was brought up to live such a life. and CW seems to relish being a "personality".
I apologize for the length of this, but it is my comment on a few of these posts.

Renata, I have to strongly disagree with you here. I read once that Rainier told his son that too much exposure, all over the place, will make his appearances not so very special. Rainier was absolutely correct here and quite media savvy. I suppose he was telling his son this for a reason? Albert still doesn't seem to comprehend his father's advice, he certainly has not heeded it? Albert in fact undermines himself here, he shouldn't need to do this?

Most people that are even just a little bit sophisticated don't feel a need to peddle their personal life out in public to garner attention. It's very immature and it also looks very desperate! It also depletes any kind idea that they should be anyone important if they're going to such desperate measures to attract attention to themselves? Anyone who is "someone" in the public eye doesn't feel a need to do this? These people in fact go out of their way in an effort to protect whatever bit of privacy they can retain, especially when it comes to their personal life? And the less there is, the easier it is to control and the more desirable it is in the long run! It also conveys that they don't '"need": the attention, because they usually don't! They're also protecting the idea that there is something more exclusive about them or their position . Rainier understood this and this is what he was trying to convey to his son.

Albert's attention seeking for his personal life makes him appear juvenile and as a bit of a wannabe which undermines the attention he would probably like to receive as being someone more important--It undermines his image as a serious person and any of his more serious pursuits: his foundation, the environment, and the more important things in general that he actually deserves attention for, including just being the Monarch of his country? He shouldn't have to sell himself or his private life? No one should? If they are interesting enough, talented enough, they shouldn't have to chase fame?

Quote:
He was brought up to live such a life.
Quote:
and CW seems to relish being a "personality".

I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that CW "relishes" the attention
for being a "personality," it is one of her biggest faults. But please tell me what exactly is she a "personality" for??? Is this really what most women want to be publicly known for? Is this what Albert really wants a woman in his life to be "known" for or should I say "as"? They both have been quite publicly blatant about her arrangement? I really don't think Albert should want to be known as a "personality" as well as anyone directly connected to him, that is what the "D" listers aim for because they have no other claim to fame, which seems to be their only objective in life? I really don't think this should be something Albert should want or have to strive for?? Considering his position he should be enough as he is. All this clamoring for attention for his personal life makes him look like a man that is very insecure, not a man that is important. I disagree there is no going back once you have been in the limelight, just see how fast Charlene's "personality" fades away--no one is interested in her now as a "personality" in spite of the money and attention that Albert has thrown at this idea? Albert has really deluding himself here.

Charlene was "hired" as an Ambassador for Armani. They own her personality--they advertise here even . Most royal women pay for their own clothes, because it doesn't look good that someone in their position is indebted to someone else, or for their image to be controlled or owned by someone who pays for it? In most cases ambassadors are celebrities in their own right, by virtue of their own talents, not for who they have relationships with? In fact even some of these women are now being passed over in their original careers, because they're too known for their ancillary pursuits and some people in the business feel it has undermined these woman as any kind of serious actress. Even the fashion designers that pay them are finding it a bit tawdry now.

The thing is Rainier controlled his son's image as much as he could when he was alive, there is a reason Charlene was not on the scene earlier? There was a reason Albert's date's did not waltz on in with the family, especially the ones that "relished" the attention. Renata, I always enjoy your posts, but this time I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment that Albert was "brought up to live such a life."
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany and Princess Helena of Waldeck-Pyrmont - 1882 Warren Historical Royal Weddings 6 11-02-2016 09:12 PM
Photo Retrospective of the Grimaldi Family - Part VI tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 399 11-29-2015 07:01 PM
General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012 iceflower Current Events Archive 843 03-01-2012 02:38 AM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012 iceflower Current Events Archive 740 03-01-2012 02:23 AM




Popular Tags
albania best outfit best outfit october 2016 birthday crown princess mary crown princess mary evening dresses crown princess mary fashion current events denmark duchess of cambridge visit to canada earl of snowdon elia zaharia fashion poll fashion poll december general news infanta leonor infanta sofia jewels king abdullah in australia king felipe king felipe vi letizia liechtenstein monarchy natural disasters news noice november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince charles prince harry princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary fashion princess of asturias princess sofia princess sofias hats queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathilde in jordan queen mathilde style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania dresses queen rania eveningwear queen rania fashion romania spanish jewels state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats uae nature


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises