The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who says PA must be married anyway? His offspring has been acknowledged (all but illegitimate) so where would that leave the succession of the throne if he were never to marry, but only continue to have children out of wedlock?

Old 11-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
I think they will marry and that they have gone as far as they are able as a couple without the paper. As for the religious aspects and political ones I would not be surprised if Pa does not have a civil ceremony and revise the rest.It would have been nicer if Cw spoke French but she may well yet do it as Grace did by 'osmosis" to quote her. I just cannot see them breaking up.If anybody thinks that after four years they would break well.. I would be shocked

Evita started like that with Ladies Lunch etc.

No way . Alex has nothing to do with CW appearing on the scene.
Pa is not one to deflect and denigrate Cw like that ever as he has shown.
If that was the case I think CW would have left by now. having understood that she is being used - or it would have taken a downward spiral.
Nothing of the sort.

Whoa Jaya, you might want to wait before you buy that Armani dress for the occasion--just maybe.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
Who says PA must be married anyway? His offspring has been acknowledged (all but illegitimate) so where would that leave the succession of the throne if he were never to marry, but only continue to have children out of wedlock?
In the capable hands of Caroline.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Hibou - there is no need for PA to marry. His father saw to that when he had the constitution changed all those years ago.
Marriage would be an unnecessary distraction from all he is doing and achieving, and what he is planning for the future.

I think he is set on becoming a recognised international statesman who likes to visit lots of countries and events, including his engagement with the Olympic movement.

How could marriage possibly compete with all this??
Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Nobility

People like to have family to go home to at night.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
People like to have family to go home to at night.
Most due but it's not for everyone. There are career people out there that that in essence "marry" their careers. I worked for someone like that for many years. Their job WAS their life.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Administrator

In addition, everyone has their own definition of family. For right now it appears that Albert and Charlene are in agreement with the current status of their relationship. Presently, the future of Monaco rest with Caroline, Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte.

Albert appears to have good relationships with his sisters and cousins. And hopefully his children.

He appears content.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Nobility

I wonder why I thought a Roman Catholic would ever consider marriage?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Why not let PA and CW enjoy their relationship (whatever it is) without any pressure?

At present they are free agents, they're having a good time, he has an interesting job with many perks, and the adulation of many - especially women.

They have plenty of time to have kids - or not. And can we assume that one or the other would welcome children?

We used to live in times when people had to live up to certain expectations. That is no longer the case. Men and women can make individual decisions about their lifestyle, and that includes people in the public eye.

I wish them luck.
I hope this doesn't break the rules, but I just wanted to say ditto to that.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:57 AM
Commoner

Perhaps Ms. Wittstock is not getting pregnant because either she is holding out for marriage and becoming true Princess of Monaco, or perhaps Prince Albert is not having any carnal relations with her. Again, I think she is just for show. Observe them from time to time.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Why not let PA and CW enjoy their relationship (whatever it is) without any pressure?

At present they are free agents, they're having a good time, he has an interesting job with many perks, and the adulation of many - especially women.

They have plenty of time to have kids - or not. And can we assume that one or the other would welcome children?

We used to live in times when people had to live up to certain expectations. That is no longer the case. Men and women can make individual decisions about their lifestyle, and that includes people in the public eye.

I wish them luck.
Image is everything.. PR knew it.... so did beloved PgRACE...... Albert was my favorite Monaco royal after his parents but if he acted this way when his father was alive.. showcasing his girlfriends at official events I wouldnt even think about it.. but he waited until fathers death to showcase his girlfriends at events especially the events that Grace poured her heart and soul into without the image of marriage.. I stated before the Rose/Red BALLS would take on a more family/team air if he was married to CW instead of a girlfriend getting all the benefits of a princess.. The benefits that Grace sacrifeced so much for.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree. That's why I think it's grossly unfair for any one to discuss PA's and CW's private sphere, especially speculation on whether or not they have a carnal relationship.

Do we really want to stoop to the attitude of paparazzi or BUNTE's scribblers?

Anyway, I found this astrological chart for Charlene. Can anyone enlighten us as to its meaning?
:-)

Astrologie : Charlene WITTSTOCK, née le 25/01/1978, thème astral, biographie, photo et carte du ciel avec Astrotheme
Old 12-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Royal Highness

I hope there is a happy ending for the couple we write of so often in whatever way they want it
Old 12-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Gentry

If their relationship was hot, they could be married today, but what is the brake that makes everything happen with a slow motion. Slow success creates bad output.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

It seems, I am conservative, but I think, it is his DUTY to marry. That´s the position he´s been born in. Full Stop.

Can you tell me ONE reigning royal, who did not marry?
I completely understand, that it is not easy finding the correct wife for this role (especially as Gracia was an icon in her position -- and Caroline has a lot of grace and style, too), but
1) he has had enough time
2) it seems, that he has the right person now.

In my eyes it really seems, that there is a deep love between those two, which already lasts since a couple of years now. And to me Charlene would be a real asset to the Monegasque Family.
I rather think, that he still wants to give her some time to prepare and to learn better dealing with the press... but sooner or later this "preparation time" should be finished.

Of course there is the possibility to bring Carolines children to the throne - this has happened in other countries as well, where the Souvereign did not produce a heir, such as Belgium as an example..... but the difference is, that i.e. Bauduin & Fabiola had several miscarriages, whereas Albert DID NOT YET TRY IT UNTIL NOW.... (and children like Alexandre does not count here, they are already excluded from the throne).

As mentionned, just my opinion
BYe Bine
Old 02-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I agree. That's why I think it's grossly unfair for any one to discuss PA's and CW's private sphere, especially speculation on whether or not they have a carnal relationship.

Do we really want to stoop to the attitude of paparazzi or BUNTE's scribblers?

Anyway, I found this astrological chart for Charlene. Can anyone enlighten us as to its meaning?
:-)

Astrologie : Charlene WITTSTOCK, née le 25/01/1978, thème astral, biographie, photo et carte du ciel avec Astrotheme

Generally speaking I would completely agree with you, but it is Albert and Charlene themselves that have done everything possible to promote this relationship publicly, in fact it would seem that it may be the primary reason that it exist?

Personally I find it kind of tacky and immature to flaunt ones personal life in the press, especially a man in Albert's position. Renata, if they had handled their relationship very differently, I most certainly would agree with you, but from what I've seen and read, one gets the idea that they seem to actually enjoy the speculation, if not helping themselves in creating it?

I hope Albert take another tactic next time around because he does a lot of good things that get ignored when he undermines himself by publicizing what is meant to be his personal life. .
Old 02-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you when you say that PA sometimes seems to "mix up" his private and public lives.

Once you are in the limelight, there is no going back, and I guess PA wants to "have his cake and eat it", i.e. he wants lots of publicity for his Foundation, his interest in sport and the Olympics, the environment etc.

The same goes for his personal relationships. But both PA and CW knew what they were letting themselves in for: a life full of photographers, writers and other media people. He was brought up to live such a life. and CW seems to relish being a "personality".
Old 02-20-2010, 02:13 AM
Nobility

Can somebody answer this question for me? Hola magazine has said it tension and crisis in PA & CW relationship because of his son coming to Monaco all the time. Are they saying Alex is coming between PA & CW.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:52 AM
Nobility

Just speaking in general, I would just *love* to see any member of the Grimaldi family find the right person, have a nice church wedding, have a handful of children and stayed married 'till death shall part them'. I would really like to see that happen, just to show that it can happen if for no other reason...

Old 02-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Just speaking in general, I would just *love* to see any member of the Grimaldi family find the right person, have a nice church wedding, have a handful of children and stayed married 'till death shall part them'. I would really like to see that happen, just to show that it can happen if for no other reason...

My dear Bones,
Amen!

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship