The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

#435 by Bones still sums it up for me.
PA and CW are having a good time together and are ignoring the "pressure".
Charlene doesn't look as if she feels she has to try to be someone special or important.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

many people criticise Albert for dating Charlene. Actually in many pictures they look the same age. http://theirearth.com/uploads/news/7...onte-carlo.jpg

Old 08-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

How long ago was the photo taken?

I agree that PA and CW have often reduced the age difference through behaviour, looks and other factors. But, sadly, the 20-year gap will always be an issue for many.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
How long ago was the photo taken?
The pic was taken on May 9, Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock
attended a gala dinner for the 5th anniversary of Monaco International
Needs on board the SS Delphine in Monaco. You can find more pics from
the event on page 12 of their current events thread
Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracerainier View Post
many people criticise Albert for dating Charlene. Actually in many pictures they look the same age. http://theirearth.com/uploads/news/7...onte-carlo.jpg
Both Charlene and Albert look very good in this photo. I would've thought it was taken a couple years ago.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Aristocracy

i would like Albert and Charlene to marry and have children. Of course that will be the heirs. Charlene will be such a good, unspoilt, nice, modern First Lady. I do not see Andrea Casiraghi as the ruler of Monaco. I wonder who stopped Albert and Charlene till this day to marry? Caroline? Why would Albert listen to her? If A. and Charl. action fast maybe we will see another Prince Rainier-princess Antoinette situation.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
i would like Albert and Charlene to marry and have children. Of course that will be the heirs. Charlene will be such a good, unspoilt, nice, modern First Lady. I do not see Andrea Casiraghi as the ruler of Monaco. I wonder who stopped Albert and Charlene till this day to marry? Caroline? Why would Albert listen to her? If A. and Charl. action fast maybe we will see another Prince Rainier-princess Antoinette situation.
The church for one. Rainier specifically stated so in the way he structured the constitution. Other than that, it's Albert who has said he has no plans to marry. Caroline and Stephanie can not stop Albert from anything so if you want to place blame, then it's rests on Albert's shoulders. You are entitled to your opinion of Charlene, but she is uneducated and brings nothing to the table. She is also uncultured and Grace spent a lifetime bringing the arts to Monaco. Caroline has furthered her Mother's dream. If Charlene marries Albert, it will fall to Charlene to continue it. With no background at all, all that Grace wanted for Monaco will be lost. If what you ment by modern is just prancing in front of cameras and the photo op, then I guess you are right Charlene is very modern. JMO
Old 08-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy

generally a sportman or a sportwoman doesn`t have much school, after all she trained all her youth. Charlene can learn what is beautifull, and i bet she developed her artistic taste and will do so in the future by living in this so called high-society. A persons with achievements in sports is in most cases organised, disciplined, realistic and with a very healty perception aboutself. She`ll get cultured, because the medium has the highest impact .
Old 08-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Nobility

Who's to say anyone is "stopping" her? Why is it so hard for people to fathom that no one is a hostage in this relationship, that maybe they both like things the way they are and are figuring it out as they go along? I'm sure Princess Caroline wants nothing but happiness for her brother and if she was really obsessed about her own children taking over she probably would have arranged for them to at least be titled by now. Albert II and Charlene are both mature adults who can make their own decisions. Let's not go attributing sinister motives to people just because one couple doesn't fall into what is accepted as the prevailing pattern in these parts.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
generally a sportman or a sportwoman doesn`t have much school, after all she trained all her youth. Charlene can learn what is beautifull, and i bet she developed her artistic taste and will do so in the future by living in this so called high-society. A persons with achievements in sports is in most cases organised, disciplined, realistic and with a very healty perception aboutself. She`ll get cultured, because the medium has the highest impact .
Well, you are not aware of just how many Olympic athletes get a college education? Let me give you just one example. Alicia Warlick Albert's former girlfriend has a degree from Stanford and attended Harvard Univ. Her degree is in economics. An exception you say. NO not at all. I don't want to bore everyone here with a list but believe me there are many of them out there and quite successful. Cultured by the way requires an education. Gone are the days when one can just sit in an opera or visit an art gallery and become educated. It requires a great deal of hard work. Andrea's girlfriend, Tatiana, for example now has a graduate degree in the arts.

At any rate I agree with Bones. It is what it is until otherwise stated.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Aristocracy

Who would stop who ? Don't say surrealist thing, if Albert doesn't want to marry it's a choice . I think Caroline has other cares.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Aristocracy

Hibou, I quite agree. I am a proud Bahamian. All of our professional athletes have college Degrees. A few of them have masters Degrees. I think when Debbie Ferguson retires she will study medicine. She finished her undergraduate degree in science with honours.

If you want to see clear examples of modern First Ladies , just look at Michelle Obama. A Harvard Law graduate who had a successful career. Just look at Princess Mary who has a law Degree and was successful in Real Estate. Just also look at Princess Letizia who has a Master's Degree in Journalism, and won an award for the best up and coming journalist and the list goes on They are just a few. Prince Albert will seem shallow and be the laughingstock of his social set. Last of all look at Kate Middleton and Chelsey Dasey.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Aristocracy

For those of you who do not know who Debbie Ferguson-McKenzie is she is one of our Golden girls, Gold Medal 2000 Olympics, Sydney Australia, and Commonwealth games champion for several games. All of those ladies have degrees and won gold medals and other medals at Olympic games. Charlene's accomplishments dwarfs in comparrison to theirs.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

And then we have other examples of consorts without degrees: Diana dropped out of school at 16 and was the darling of the social set and the media, if not necessarily of her husband ; Mette Marit has no university degrees but since her marriage has taken courses at LSE and Oslo, seems to be doing an admirable job as consort. Not having a degree does not make one stupid,ignorant or unclutured. Traveling the world is a great teacher and some of the most interesting people I have ever met have not walked inside a university, while some people with several academic initials behind their names can be incredibly limited in their outlook and experience of the world. FYI universities do not offer degrees in princesshood. Unless you are born to it you pretty much learn on the job.
Their relationship is what it is until one or both of them decide otherwise, and for some time now they seem to be enjoying it that way. Why not just let them live their life in peace.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:56 AM
Aristocracy

totally agree. going to university doesn`t make you smarter. not even with an iq point. I think you should obtain a degree only if you want to pursue a career in that field. A degree means a specialization. It`s funny how people get degrees only for the sake of having them. I mean is it very usefull for Caroline to have a degree in philosophy? And many careers you see in royals are only for people`s eyes. Charlene will be soon a person who speaks two langages, has seen the world, went to operas, galas, theatre, developed a sense in fashion and refined her behaviour. I would like to think that someday all of this will become as degree in princesshood.

And the other question. Albert got a girlfriend to stop rumors. Albert will marry one day, soon I think, at least for only the same thing: to stop rumors.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
totally agree. going to university doesn`t make you smarter. not even with an iq point. I think you should obtain a degree only if you want to pursue a career in that field. A degree means a specialization. It`s funny how people get degrees only for the sake of having them. I mean is it very usefull for Caroline to have a degree in philosophy? And many careers you see in royals are only for people`s eyes. Charlene will be soon a person who speaks two langages, has seen the world, went to operas, galas, theatre, developed a sense in fashion and refined her behaviour. I would like to think that someday all of this will become as degree in princesshood.
Since when did attending opera, and galas make her an expert or even knowledgeable? How can she understand what makes a singer gifted or have the background to understand the arts? What happens is she leaves it to other people who are? So thus being a princess means being a puppet? Unable to make her own decisions because she has no real knowledge? Why is it important for Caroline to have a degree? Knowledge. Plus when you obtain a degree you study many different subjects but major in one area in particular. For example, a degree in Art History not requires Art history courses but requires study in Archeology, Anthrpology, Psychology, History, Sociology, political science and so forth. Art conservation add in Chemistry etc. What does one do with the arts? Just go to a musuem for the sake of showing up in a great dress? What does she discuss with all these talented people she meets. What does she discuss with all those very successful people she meets? Herself? The weather? Then what? I could write a dissertation on your statement alone. Diana grew up in aristocracy so she had part of the background needed but she did not have an education. That was almost 30 years ago too. Royalty are to be looked up to as an example. Not having an education sends a very bad message to young girls. What message does Charlene send? An education gives you knowledge that you simply can not get just attending the opera or theatre.

Albert will not marry just to stop rumors. He's lived with them all his life. Albert will marry when and if he wants too. Until then this relationship is what it is. She has no status other than girlfriend or companion. JMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
And then we have other examples of consorts without degrees: Diana dropped out of school at 16 and was the darling of the social set and the media, if not necessarily of her husband ; Mette Marit has no university degrees but since her marriage has taken courses at LSE and Oslo, seems to be doing an admirable job as consort. Not having a degree does not make one stupid,ignorant or unclutured. Traveling the world is a great teacher and some of the most interesting people I have ever met have not walked inside a university, while some people with several academic initials behind their names can be incredibly limited in their outlook and experience of the world. FYI universities do not offer degrees in princesshood. Unless you are born to it you pretty much learn on the job.
Their relationship is what it is until one or both of them decide otherwise, and for some time now they seem to be enjoying it that way. Why not just let them live their life in peace.
My dear NGalizine, First it is nice to see you posting. Alas I'm afraid you might have just made a case for ending the monarchy in many countries. It's not about just showing up for the ball or ribbon cutting any more. The 21st century Princess is expected to have an education. Traveling is one form of an education but not an end in it's self. In Albert's case he is one of the last Princes to actually rule his country. I look to Queen Noor and now Queen Rania as examples of the modern monarchy. It's not just about the dress any more. Diana always felt the lack of education and said so publically.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Aristocracy

have you ever spoken to her to see what she has in her head? if not we can only speculate. I think that she may well recive lessons in many subjects, Albert telling her to do it, or maybe cause of her will, because of not willing to be considered just a doll. What i intended to say was that she is not condemned to be an uncultured and with limited perspective lady just by the fact she won`t get a degree. Maybe her educational status so far(study echivalation etc.) doesn`t allow her to go college somewhere in or near Monaco. Or maybe she is right now a student and we don`t know it.

i think that Albert really loves her. I mean this would be the only reason for chosing her as his partener. If he wouldn`t have chosen with his heart he would date a, how you said, cultured, older, maybe with a nobiliar title lady.
Don`t judge Charlene for her being a kept woman. Jacqueline Kennedy, a world over Charlene, was also afraid of poverty.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Education or lack of education - we do not really know,
so please stop picking at that and let's move on ..
Old 08-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree - again - with Bones in post #449, the pair seem to be happy and respect each other.
I still think that having been Olympians is a strong bond between them, and sport in general.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Serene Highness

It is funny how the same pics might be interpreted differently. I don't see any respect between PA and Charlene in any pics. IMO they seem just hanging there, pretending to be a couple for photo ops. There is no disrespect between them, but it is far away from happiness. They might be just good buddies having fun together.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship