The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2009, 09:24 AM

http://de.news.yahoo.com/26/20090628...i-1f9f147.html

If, he does wake up every morning with pressure in his tummy , instead of somewhere else , I do have full understanding why he doesn't want to get married !!! :)

Old 07-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

PA doesn't have a thing to worry about.

He meets looooots of women during the course of any given day and when he does meet someone he's in love with he will marry.

till then he's allowed to play the field.

As some/most men do continue to play the field even 'after' marriage and that's would be totally lacking in decorum.

So PA is very wise to wait till he meets someone else he's in love with to seek marriage.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
Well, I think that we are forgetting that there are heirs to the throne in Carolines Children. Whatever the case may be, I don't think much of his playboy ways.
Hmm Carolines children are the heirs, so that wouldn't change if Charlene and Albert have children?
Old 07-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Hmm Carolines children are the heirs, so that wouldn't change if Charlene and Albert have children?
Only if he marries her and he said in a recent interview that he has no wedding plans. So right now the Trio are the heirs in training.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emporer View Post
Albert pas encore "prêt" au mariage - prince albert d emonaco mariage projet - Toute l'actu sur Lejdd.fr

Fürst Albert noch nicht bereit für Heirat - Yahoo! Nachrichten Deutschland

If, he does wake up every morning with pressure in his tummy , instead of somewhere else , I do have full understanding why he doesn't want to get married !!! :)
You obviously don't understand French very well. Albert said that he doesn't wake up every morning with the pressure of thinking that everyone is expecting him to marry and produce an heir.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Just a friendly reminder to all:

Please remain ON TOPIC which just happens to be, Prince Albert and Charlene's Relationship. If members would like to discuss other matters besides the main issue at hand, please do so via PM.

Thank you.

GT
Monaco SuperMod.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Surely he is less of a playboy nowadays - seems to be a "one woman man" - and knuckling down to being a statesman....
It is good to see him happy.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:45 AM
Aristocracy

I think a good relationship is important and marriage a formality for him although this goes against some Catholic doctrine. Happiness is found in various corners. Hope they have found theirs?
Old 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really do not know why this close relationship remains without a wedding, between them there is real love.
I think but I am absolutely not sure , that Charlene as she was a high level swimmer since years , has perhaps problems to be pregnant. It is impossible now for Albert to do what Charles of Wales did when he married Diana and Caroline's children are not prepared to be heirs , lack of father, too easy life etc..
This in only my way of thinking , I may be completely wrong , but I don't understand why Albert and Charlène are still to-gether without any issue
Old 07-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Aristocracy

They are together because they both love different things about each other, but Albert is not willing to get married to anyone. As long as she accepts the status quo he will be in love. I feel that when she demands more from Albert then he will leave her alone.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamagirl View Post
They are together because they both love different things about each other, but Albert is not willing to get married to anyone. As long as she accepts the status quo he will be in love. I feel that when she demands more from Albert then he will leave her alone.
She must like being the unofficial girlfriend- He has taken her on tours- official galas- parties she wears the Monaco emblem on sporting events.But no engagement. I wonder what other princesses/queens think of this situation when they meet her or Albert for that matter. I must say she is looking more polished than ever
Old 07-30-2009, 03:00 AM
Nobility

I am always interested to see what they have been doing and although I do know it is no business of mine, I just wish that the two of them would make a decision and get on with it or at least be a bit clearer. Either announce an engagement or break up or come straight out and say they aren't interested in marriage at all.

Obviously they ave no obligation to do any of those and Prince Albert has give her the status of official companion, it is just getting (for me anyway) a little frustating watching these two. Although they've only been dating for three years so that isn't too long in the dating scene.

Sorry for my little vent
Old 07-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
I am always interested to see what they have been doing and although I do know it is no business of mine, I just wish that the two of them would make a decision and get on with it or at least be a bit clearer. Either announce an engagement or break up or come straight out and say they aren't interested in marriage at all.

Obviously they ave no obligation to do any of those and Prince Albert has give her the status of official companion, it is just getting (for me anyway) a little frustating watching these two. Although they've only been dating for three years so that isn't too long in the dating scene.

Sorry for my little vent
It's good to get it out of your system. Albert said recently that he has no plans for marriage and Charlene also stated that there are no plans. So we have to take it as it is, they are happy to keep this relationship as we see it. It is what it is until Albert makes a decision. I would place more bets on Andrea and Tatiana myself.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, a wedding between Andrea and Tati would be very welcome!

Coming back to Albert, what would he gain by getting married to Charlene?
He has her undivided attention, and they seem very well adjusted to each other.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Nobility

HSH is a high-profile figure so attention in his direction is natural and expected. He and his blue-blooded comrades across the world would not be able to do so much good for people were it otherwise. However, I have to say I can't see eye to eye with the notion that Prince Albert and Charlene are keeping us 'in the dark' or are refusing to make a decision or that sort of thing. For all we know they have made a decision and that decision is to just be good dating friends and no more. I doubt they are intentionally trying to keep anyone 'in the dark' but they may not be sure themselves just where they will be in the future.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes, a wedding between Andrea and Tati would be very welcome!

Coming back to Albert, what would he gain by getting married to Charlene?
He has her undivided attention, and they seem very well adjusted to each other.
I think the answer lies more in what Monaco would gain. Their relationship has no formal footing & as such sits uneasily in the public eye - even in the 21st century. IMO Albert has to consider this given his role as Sovereign Prince of Monaco. Yes, it could be argued its their own affair how they conduct themselves, but if Charlene is becoming a public figure because she accompanies the Prince of Monaco, then I think Albert has to go beyond solely considering his personal preference for the relationship.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

But surely the Monegasques and the rest of the world will have, by now, got used to Albert having had a long string of female partners who became public figures in the process.

What would Monaco gain if the two were to tie the knot - apart from a wedding ceremony performed in front of a global audience?
Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, I believe everyone has got used to Albert having a string of female partners, but this was before he became the Sovereign Prince & now he has what appears to be a stable relationship with Charlene, it's would seem natural, particularly given the length of their relationship, to put it on a more formal footing. At the moment Caroline is the first lady of Monaco & Charlene has no real status, IMO this is difficult for Monaco. For example, how can Charlne become an official patron of an organisation as might be expected of Albert's partner?
Old 08-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I suppose you're right - Charlene recently became Honorary President of "Ladies Lunch", a charitable fundraising group, and it seemed a bit strange......

I wonder what Caroline would feel if she were no longer First Lady? But then, she has a string of other roles to fulfill, in Austria, Britain etc.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I suppose you're right - Charlene recently became Honorary President of "Ladies Lunch", a charitable fundraising group, and it seemed a bit strange......

I wonder what Caroline would feel if she were no longer First Lady? But then, she has a string of other roles to fulfill, in Austria, Britain etc.
Caroline understands what it takes to be "First Lady" Charlene even though she has been around for a while still would have a lot too learn. Whether or not Caroline would be willing to teach her remains to be seen. Also if he doesn't marry Charlene but someone else, it would depend on what she brings to the table. For example Caroline is the patron of all the arts organizations in Monaco and the Flower show and the Rose Ball. If Albert were to marry someone well versed in the arts, Caroline would most likely step back from many of those organizations retaining only those that were close to her mother's heart like the ballet and flower show. Whoever he marries must bring something to Monaco, besides and heir, that will inherently help Monaco to prosper. For those who think Charlene brings glamour and supposedly an heir, what else does she bring to the table that would help Monaco prosper.

As for Albert and Charlene's relationship, it is what it is until Albert decides otherwise. Frankly, I think he's happy with it just the way it is, if he weren't, then he'd either marry her or break if off.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship