The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Nobility

I agree not much to understand - it just seems to be a mutually beneficial relationship.

Albert has a female partner when he needs one. If he needs a date Charlene is there and at other times he can do as he pleases. He's not tied to her like he would be if they were married. It also ends speculation of who he is currently dating.

For Charlene, an average small town girl from SA (not diminshing her swimming talents), she gets to live in luxury, see the world and date and eligible bachelor.

If at some point they marry she is already used to the life and they will more than likely go on to have children and she will do "princessy" things. If not she hasn't really lost anything, she has seen the world and made lots of new contacts.

Of course it could be true love and they are just enjoying dating before setting the date. (Obviously just my opinion)

Old 02-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
I agree not much to understand - it just seems to be a mutually beneficial relationship.

Albert has a female partner when he needs one. If he needs a date Charlene is there and at other times he can do as he pleases. He's not tied to her like he would be if they were married. It also ends speculation of who he is currently dating.

For Charlene, an average small town girl from SA (not diminshing her swimming talents), she gets to live in luxury, see the world and date and eligible bachelor.
agree 110%

Quote:
If at some point they marry she is already used to the life and they will more than likely go on to have children and she will do "princessy" things. If not she hasn't really lost anything, she has seen the world and made lots of new contacts.

Of course it could be true love and they are just enjoying dating before setting the date. (Obviously just my opinion)
this is where i don't agree and the problem lies: albert is a prince and he needs a heir. i see him completely suited to the lifestyle you describe above ladyS, and nothing wrong here, but i don't see the second part of your post anywhere near reality but that is what Albert eventually needs.

i don't see him getting married but rather prepare a handover to caroline's family once the time has come. the question remains though whether charlene is also fine with the lifestyle in the long run or if she's hoping for the marriage part to happen and hangs on partly for that reason.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

this is where i don't agree and the problem lies: albert is a prince and he needs a heir. i see him completely suited to the lifestyle you describe above ladyS, and nothing wrong here, but i don't see the second part of your post anywhere near reality but that is what Albert eventually needs.

i don't see him getting married but rather prepare a handover to caroline's family once the time has come. the question remains though whether charlene is also fine with the lifestyle in the long run or if she's hoping for the marriage part to happen and hangs on partly for that reason.
Duke Marmalade, I agree with you. Maybe Charlene is hoping for marriage. However I think it was told to her it would never happen. But you know hope dies at last. I would be curious if this realitionship would be over than she would have great contracts, have these standard life of living or she would get any invitations from Roberta Armani.?
Old 02-19-2009, 03:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

If Prince Albert wants prepare a handhover to Caroline's family, yes for Caroline who is a big lady, but my God, not For Andrea nor Pierre Casiraghi.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
If Prince Albert wants prepare a handhover to Caroline's family, yes for Caroline who is a big lady, but my God, not For Andrea nor Pierre Casiraghi.
I don't think he decides the fate of the throne. It is not necessary for Caroline spectaculating about the throne. Albert is 50 years old. He can live for a long time. In 30 or 40 years the life can bring such big turns
that you can expect.
How do you mean that Caroline is a"big lady"?
Old 02-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she meant 'Great Lady'.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I think she meant 'Great Lady'.
If she meant so that way then I have to ahree with her. she has taste and behaviour which suits a princess. However I read she is a snob, she only befriends rich and influental people.I heard too that she respects educated and intelligent women. Maybe because she is an educated woman as well.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

Time I agree with you, if Albert never gets married. The world will be a very different place in 30 or 40 years. How many of us every thought that we would live to see the United States elect a black President. We do not know what will happen in Monaco in 40 years.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:19 AM
Nobility

Well, one thing is known for sure: another famous single royal, The Crown Princess of Sweden, was faster than Albert
Old 02-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

It would be better for Prince Albert to marry as soon as possible. Though he wants to be a bachelor all his life???!!!)))
Old 02-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

There are more pics of PA on two different forums, pics are from the same day, 02/23. They show some woman getting of the plane with Albert. I don't know how to post them and I don't know if it's allowed to tell the name of those two forums. If anyone is interested, please pm me. The woman in those pic is a brunette, has big nose and looks like she is in her 30s, quite nicely dressed. Caption under pics stated she was P.Albert new girl fiend.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 02-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
There are more pics of PA on two different forums, pics are from the same day, 02/23. They show some woman getting of the plane with Albert. I don't know how to post them and I don't know if it's allowed to tell the name of those two forums. If anyone is interested, please pm me. The woman in those pic is a brunette, has big nose and looks like she is in her 30s, quite nicely dressed. Caption under pics stated she was P.Albert new girl fiend.
It doesn't mean anything. I still believe he is dating with Charlene. He can have adventures as well. I think he would have another girlfriend while he is in a relationship. Maybe this woman is one time friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
It would be better for Prince Albert to marry as soon as possible. Though he wants to be a bachelor all his life???!!!)))
If he wants that he will remain a bachelor. Caroline will be the winner, her son will inherits the throne, the biggest part of Albert's fortune.
I don1t think he will be so lonely he could have a thirty year old blond woman when he is eighty years old.
P.S. is it really true that Victoria of Sweden is getting married?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Nobility

On feb 23, 2009 PA was coming vacation with another women the capition was romance weekend with his new girlfriend. Is it over between PA & CW.

Why would CW except that but the capition say new girlfriend.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timea83 View Post
Caroline will be the winner, her son will inherits the throne, the biggest part of Albert's fortune.
I hope The Prince will remain unmarried and that The Princess of Hanover will succeed to the throne of Monaco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timea83 View Post
P.S. is it really true that Victoria of Sweden is getting married?
Of course! There are numerous threads about the engagement of The Crown Princess of Sweden and Daniel W!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Albert's behaviour is incredible! What does he want? What is he looking for? There is something in his personality I can't understand, I am disappointed.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Nobility

What he seems to want is to not get married. He has no reason to marry and give up his freedom. Caroline and her children will rule Monaco that is what rainier probably wanted I think he new his son had no intention of marrying
Old 02-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

I agree, Rainier in 2002 changed Monaco constitution to permit Caroline and Stephanie 's children ruling. Rainier was a far-sighted man.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Aristocracy

If CW has gone, then I imagine she'll be happier. If so, my faith in young women's concern for their dignity is restored.

And yes I agree with someone who said at 80, the Prince could/would be desirable with a 30 year-old or maybe even younger.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Being in the same plane doesn't mean they have a affair
Besides mags want to sell and the announcement of a new affair will lead a lot of people to buy the magazine ! I really hope it is not true
Old 02-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Being in the same plane doesn't mean they have a affair
Besides mags want to sell and the announcement of a new affair will lead a lot of people to buy the magazine ! I really hope it is not true
Being in the same plane doesn't mean anything but according to the caption they spent four days and three nights in Albert's week-end retreat.
If that information is correct, there has to be something going on...

Either way, she could just be a side-dish. I highly doubt Albert knows the meaning of monogamy.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship