The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 12-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruts View Post
LOL.....'Class and quality' ......... The Grimaldis may be very glamourous and beautiful people, as well as their mother, Grace, but none of them is really classy although Caroline seems to have a very high opinion of her own importance these days as a 'Serene Highness'. Let's get real, these people are just 'royal' upstarts, not taken seriously by any other royals in Europe or the rest of the world.
I do not find Charlene more vulgar than, for instance, Stephanie or Charlotte.

I was referring to Charlene's style and improvement since she came at the forefront. In my view she came a long way and improved a great deal in the last 4 years.
BTW Caroline was elevated from a Serene Highness to a Royal Highness since her 3rd marriage but then again this is Charlene's thread.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I was referring to Charlene's style and improvement since she came at the forefront. In my view she came a long way and improved a great deal in the last 4 years.
BTW Caroline was elevated from a Serene Highness to a Royal Highness since her 3rd marriage but then again this is Charlene's thread.

I agree that Charlene has come a long way since the days of purple bustiers and slit skirts and hanging from balconies with cigarettes. She looks beautiful and chic in every photo I've seen of her recently, and I can easily see her in the role of Princess-IF she learns to speak at least passable French.

She's no Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium, but she might fit right in on the Riviera.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 12-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
I agree that Charlene has come a long way since the days of purple bustiers and slit skirts and hanging from balconies with cigarettes. She looks beautiful and chic in every photo I've seen of her recently, and I can easily see her in the role of Princess-IF she learns to speak at least passable French.

She's no Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium,
This is one trrue statement if I ever read one! Well said!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 12-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Point de Vue had a photo of Charlene last month leaving the Principality for South Africa. Has she returned?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 12-29-2008, 01:24 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Thousand Islands, Canada
Posts: 123
I was reading somewhere that P-A and C-W BOTH went to SA and would be meeting with her parents (finally). If anyone has this thread, please post it? Thx!

I am sure she is lovely and he is attracted to the good things he sees in her but I always feel there will be someone else out there for him who is more serious about life and more equipped to support his role.

Evangeline
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 12-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: singapore, Singapore
Posts: 311
That may be, but he is already fifty and who knows whether he will ever get married. Charlene has been waiting for quite sometime I'm sure. Their relationship seems to be on a similar path to William and Kate's. Wonder who will make it to the altar first.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 12-29-2008, 02:44 AM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Glistening Seas

Angeliene can you give us a link or where or when the article?
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 12-29-2008, 04:01 AM
oxygen's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan View Post
That may be, but he is already fifty and who knows whether he will ever get married. Charlene has been waiting for quite sometime I'm sure. Their relationship seems to be on a similar path to William and Kate's. Wonder who will make it to the altar first.
William's already stated that he doesn't want to get married until he's 30 and he's 26 now. Either way, the man is going to marry. None of us know the same for Albert.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 01-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kirkland, United States
Posts: 682
Maybe I am an old stick in the mud, but the way in which Albert jets around the world fulfilling official duties with Charlene publically in tow (as an "official girlfriend"?) is degrading to Monaco. Albert is dragging Monaco back down to its pre-Princess Grace reputation. Princess Grace brought class and some much needed dignity to Monaco which Albert is quickly destroying - and - I am not even bringing his private life and past relationships into this. His relationship with Charlene is not private.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 01-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Maybe I am an old stick in the mud, but the way in which Albert jets around the world fulfilling official duties with Charlene publically in tow (as an "official girlfriend"?) is degrading to Monaco. Albert is dragging Monaco back down to its pre-Princess Grace reputation. Princess Grace brought class and some much needed dignity to Monaco which Albert is quickly destroying - and - I am not even bringing his private life and past relationships into this. His relationship with Charlene is not private.
I agree with you. If he wants to treat her as if she were "first lady" then one would think and engagement would be in order. It all looks so ridiculous. Fine for her to go to the balls but on official business, meeting heads of state seems wrong without a ring on her finger? The only place she doesn't turn up is on official business in Monaco, which if we were not in the internet age might fool the citizens of Monaco, but not now. What's the difference? and why parade her around so visably?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 01-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
I agree with you. If he wants to treat her as if she were "first lady" then one would think and engagement would be in order. It all looks so ridiculous. Fine for her to go to the balls but on official business, meeting heads of state seems wrong without a ring on her finger? The only place she doesn't turn up is on official business in Monaco, which if we were not in the internet age might fool the citizens of Monaco, but not now. What's the difference? and why parade her around so visably?
Well, "because he's a fool" sounds like a reasonable explanation to me
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 01-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kirkland, United States
Posts: 682
Evidently, Charlene is learning French and (if I'm not mistaken) converting to Catholicism - and I understand that this takes time, BUT ...
Albert would never take Charlene on a junket to a royal country now as their "dating" status would cause a lot of havoc for the protocol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 01-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Smile Glistening Seas

Someone mentioned a while back that when he dated Tasha that he took her 'everywhere" and nicole too. They said she went to grand prix's with him and to parties etc. Tasha was supposed to have been taken everywhere with him too! Without a committment to them on the table, it's simple casual dating and quite normal! People fall in and out of love every day and just because he doesn't marry Cw doesn't mean he wouldn't marry someone else if he fell in love. Life and love aren't on a time schedule.
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 01-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kirkland, United States
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
Someone mentioned a while back that when he dated Tasha that he took her 'everywhere" and nicole too. They said she went to grand prix's with him and to parties etc. Tasha was supposed to have been taken everywhere with him too! Without a committment to them on the table, it's simple casual dating and quite normal! People fall in and out of love every day and just because he doesn't marry Cw doesn't mean he wouldn't marry someone else if he fell in love. Life and love aren't on a time schedule.
I understand your thinking, but Albert is such a public person and holds such a public position. It's not like he has a substitute official hostess in Monaco to help him out. Caroline is not around Monaco very much and Stephanie is certainly not up to filling that role.
I guess that I was hoping that he would eventually marry and have children to succeed him. I hate to think of Andrea Casigrahi stepping in becoming the ruler of Monaco.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 01-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,059
i am sure she will wait for him to return. what else does she have to keep herself busy. hummmmm lets think hummm could it be nothing. i feel safe to say he could walk around the world blind folded using only his hands to fine his way and she would wait for him.
so my usually random check in ; prince albert has not announce an engagment, they are still living together, and she is just now learning french(she should be fluent in french by now) and what does she do with her time now and i hope they answer is different than time i ask.
__________________
ain' no sunshine when i gone
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 01-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
semisquare wrote:"so my usually random check in ; prince albert has not announce an engagment, they are still living together"

It was never said, nor even in rumors that Albert and Charlene are living together. She just told in some interview while ago that her new address was palace, it sounded more like she wanted impress media or maybe just to tell anything. It is something similar to her saying that she wanted to participate in Olympics, something that she probably never intended.
She will have a lot of time by herself in South America, I don't think she knows anyone there.She must be bored. I guess like other posters wrote, she will just wait for Albert.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 01-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I think it is obvious that he wants a lady but not a wife.....
With all due respect Menarue, a lady would never put herself in the position that Charlene has done. She would remain in a more respectable role. Without an engagement ring, Charlene is posing as a wife while playing as a mistress. She is not training for the job of wife without a ring, and any girlfriend in her age group has a job other than traveling with their boyfriend -Unless they are independently wealthy, which she is not. JMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Evidently, Charlene is learning French and (if I'm not mistaken) converting to Catholicism - and I understand that this takes time, BUT ...
Albert would never take Charlene on a junket to a royal country now as their "dating" status would cause a lot of havoc for the protocol.
Charlene has supposedly been learning French for the last two years but those who have been around her say she doesn't know the lanquage yet. Also it doesn't matter if the country is Royal or not, you don't publically parade the girlfriend of a certain age so visably around heads of state which he has so recently done. A little discretion would be advised. Albert has basically thrown her in everyone's face from the get-go. Ok for a 25 year old, bad form for a 50 year old. To me, and this is only my opinion, the perfect example of how to do it is CP Victoria whose been dating the same man for six years.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 01-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
With all due respect Menarue, a lady would never put herself in the position that Charlene has done. She would remain in a more respectable role. Without an engagement ring, Charlene is posing as a wife while playing as a mistress. She is not training for the job of wife without a ring, and any girlfriend in her age group has a job other than traveling with their boyfriend -Unless they are independently wealthy, which she is not. JMO

Very true, I didn´t want to say woman so I said lady.........
There are other cases similar around Europe but I will restrain myself from naming them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 01-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Very true, I didn´t want to say woman so I said lady.........
There are other cases similar around Europe but I will restrain myself from naming them.
That's quite a tease!!! If you mean Kate Middleton, I cut her a break because she's still under 30, but she is getting dangerously close to not looking like a lady if this keeps up for a few more years without a ring on her finger.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 01-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
What used to be called mistress now days is called a girlfriend so we are left with a puzzle, is there such a thing as a mistress these days? Does it only apply to married people? Yes, definitely a puzzle.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photo Retrospective of the Grimaldi Family - Part VI tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 394 10-09-2013 07:50 PM
Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany and Princess Helena of Waldeck-Pyrmont - 1882 Warren Historical Royal Weddings 5 01-29-2013 04:10 PM
General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012 iceflower Prince Albert and Princess Charlene 843 03-01-2012 03:38 AM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012 iceflower Current Events Archive 740 03-01-2012 03:23 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]