The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

There were photos recently in some magazines and she looks absolutely smashing. Whatever or whoever is guiding her is doing a beautiful job with her.
I still shudder at the thought of that laced up dress she wore (the black satin little number) when she sat next to Alrbert on an official outing. Nowdays Charlene is dressed in couture, she is coiffed to perfection and with a bit of intervention here and there she looks terrific.
Who needs a ring on the finger? The lady is riding in the first class of the gravy train .

Old 10-23-2008, 02:59 AM
Aristocracy

Pressure? You love someone. You don't like being without them. You want similar things from the future. You get along well. You don't want to be without them. You marry them. In real love, the natural pressure would be to prevent being apart at all. And for "Catholics" what's with all this living together and being together for three years without a marriage to go with it?

Old 11-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

its been some time since my last visit but i can guesswhats up;they are not engage. here is a question-why prolong an engagement announcement? if they are truely "in love"(quotations are mine) why not just announce it or could it be the case of ur getting the milk for free why buy the cow (i am not calling charlene a cow its just a saying)
Old 11-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Royal Highness

agreed.... no need to prolong the whole announcement. if they want to get married and love one another, i agree, they should just go for it... announce it and get to work on those little princes and princesses.... i would love to see another baby monaco.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Serene Highness

Right now it has been already month since PA and Charlene have not been pictured together. On another royal board there was posted article that they were seen during concert of Chick Corea in Monaco around 10/20 or something, but there were no pics. On the other hand we know that Charlene is still in MC ( pic in other thread).

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-26-2008, 12:57 PM

When was it that Prince Albert made that statement saying Charlene and he were just "having fun," or something to that effect? Someone's post in another thread made me think of this and wonder, If it's only for fun, why be so officially in the public eye with her? But then I realized that I don't know the context of this statement. By context, I am including the time frame, place, and purpose. If it was early on in the relationship when Charlene was a fresh face, it could be understandable, because everyone's feelings change over time. But if it was in the middle or recent, it might be strange. I don't know. I am trying not to judge. It seems to me that the relationship by now could appropriately be more than "fun." From my perspective, it seems serious. Otherwise, he could just "have fun" on his private time.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Nobility

He did that to his other girlfriends take them out and did everything with them. Only to dump them.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

This time however they have been together for a longer time, appeared on official ceremonies and outings. She was introduced to royalty. One can only surmise that this is a bit more official or that they both know where they are going. I do not believe if PA has any notions of letting her go, Charlene is not aware of it.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

^let's not forget that when he had his other girlfriends, Rainier was still alive and there is no doubt in my mind, considering his sence of decorum (that Albert is completely lacking BTW) that he mingled in his son's private life, as in preventing mere girlfriends from appearing too 'official'. Now, Albert pretty much do whatever he want, including bringing his companion to official trips with him.
Other than that, I can't see how he has shown any more commitment to Charlene that he did to, say, Tasha de Vasconsuelo, who was everywhere with him for quite a long time, then disappeared.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
^let's not forget that when he had his other girlfriends, Rainier was still alive and there is no doubt in my mind, considering his sence of decorum (that Albert is completely lacking BTW) that he mingled in his son's private life, as in preventing mere girlfriends from appearing too 'official'. Now, Albert pretty much do whatever he want, including bringing his companion to official trips with him.
Other than that, I can't see how he has shown any more commitment to Charlene that he did to, say, Tasha de Vasconsuelo, who was everywhere with him for quite a long time, then disappeared.

Yes, and I suspect everyone has to just simply respect his right to conduct his life the way he sees fit. I keep thinking we're seeing the manifestation of his comment around the monarch installment time (in 2005) when he said " His would be a modern regime"
Old 12-03-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
He did that to his other girlfriends take them out and did everything with them. Only to dump them.
That's true. So maybe it is only the media that makes CW different?
That would mean it's our or the media's (or both) perception that is altered this time around. Or in other words, the outside perception is altered, but the inside situation (seemingly) remains the same.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Aristocracy

Personally, I feel that it's inappropriate for PA to bring his girlfriend along on public functions and at the same time giving no hints of a possible wedding. It seems somewhat tasteless to me and IMO puts CW in an awkward position. If I were her, I would rather not attend those functions as it would feel so uncomfortable - being invited but not really a part of the family - especially when there are other royals present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
That's true. So maybe it is only the media that makes CW different?
That would mean it's our or the media's (or both) perception that is altered this time around. Or in other words, the outside perception is altered, but the inside situation (seemingly) remains the same.
An intriguing thought! Now why do you think the media would pay special attention to CW, making her out to be 'different' from the prevoius girlfriends?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Commoner

Ill believe it when it happens. Until then yadda yadda yadda.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Aristocracy

Oh My !!? I think you are right!? I think it's just that the media wanted SO BADLY for P-A to get married after his father died and his son showed up .. that they have made C-W something greater than she really is!? I think she really IS no different than the others he has had except that he cannot really be talked out of this one by his father. I mean, he'd dated C-W before his father died and P-R must NOT have approved of her then because there was only that one date. P-A seems to like to date women long-term he won't settle down with. I think in the end, he will marry an intellect who is closer in age to him? C-W has GOT to find something of substance for herself to do in Monaco or in the long run, how will she find contentment? He'll be busy.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Except that a woman closer to him in age will not be able to give him an heir.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Except that a woman closer to him in age will not be able to give him an heir.
That is a very good point. Besides a woman closer to his age may have been married before or in a long relationship herself.
There was a post about another long term couple in another thread and the point was made that that prince felt comfortable with the lady and the relationship was easy. Perhaps PA found in Charlene what he needs in a close relationship with no regard to what the future may bring. My point earlier was that whatever PA plans, Charlene must be privy to it. I doubt he leads her on a path she is not willing to travel.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Nobility

The age difference is tremendous so a long-term relationship prior to a more serious commitment is wise.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

If people are really in love age difference does not matter and they are in a hurry to make commitment. BTW I don't see age difference between Albert and Charlene as issue. It is her behavior that is a problem. But I don't see her and PA as a couple either, so her behavior and personality are irrelevant anyway.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 12-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
If people are really in love age difference does not matter and they are in a hurry to make commitment. BTW I don't see age difference between Albert and Charlene as issue. It is her behavior that is a problem. But I don't see her and PA as a couple either, so her behavior and personality are irrelevant anyway.
From what I see and read she never said or did anything that could be deemed controversial. At the beginning and perhaps up until a year ago, her choices in clothes and hairstyles were distinctly middle class. However she came a long way and she now dresses like she always had access to couture. In the latest photos of hers in the short haircut and red gown she looks like a totally different person. I suspect that for her to keep that place next to PA for all those years and deal with his circle of friends and relatives she had to be able to handle the protocol and manners required by someone standing next to a reigning prince. Don't you think so?
Old 12-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I suspect that for her to keep that place next to PA for all those years and deal with his circle of friends and relatives she had to be able to handle the protocol and manners required by someone standing next to a reigning prince. Don't you think so?
Good point, Odette. I'm not a CW fan - I still feel she's not classy enough - but to be fair to her, it can't have been easy. There are surely a lot of snooty people around PA who will have snubbed her for her background. I think that would be expected. However, she's managed to hold her own. If she was really that awful, she would have embarassed PA and he would have gotten rid of her. But he hasn't.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship