The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga101 View Post
This might be the wrong place but your comment"...spares" grabs my attention--if you're referring to the o/w little boy and the big girl? IMO there are certainly some other names you can call them other than spares. Through the activities of the papparazzi, press, etc we see they seem to be enjoying full appropriate lives. And I'm sure they're foremost and important in their mothers' lives. Just as the other Prince Rainier grandchild who shares similar birth circumstances.

I realize the importance and tradition and practice of legitimate heirs and I'm sure the monarch will certainly take care of that in his own time. But human-wise and biologically, it takes the same kind of mitosis and cell division and same number of chromosomes and the same paternal dna in this case. We all have our Cause Celelebre (?). They're mine.
Prince Charles coined the term "spare" when he quoted they now had a heir and a spare.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Prince Charles coined the term "spare" when he quoted they now had a heir and a spare.
I think Consuelo Vanderbilt, duchess of Marlborough, coined the term for her two sons. There's a lovely picture of her with them in Blenheim.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry, I have tried reading back, but why are we talking about "spares" on this thread?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Commoner

This speculation is getting old. Until we hear something of concrete evidence I agree with Zonk. By the way where is Irelands flag?
Old 10-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks Grievinan and Ysbel. As you can see I'm not up on royalty. But those two people you mentioned were human beings prone to frailties and mistakes.

Considering that particular post and say some other foregoing situations and threads surrounding those children, I was afraid there was some disdain intended. It still sounds unkind. But thank you. I really had my dukes up!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Aristocracy

It looks like Charlene now has a bodyguard. The guy with the beard is the same man that was with her at the Giorgio Armani store opening and fashion show. Interesting.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks good... nice and relaxed.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:36 AM
Serene Highness

We haven't seen Charlene and PA for a while. It seems more than one months. I wonder what's up. We seem them separately only. We can see that Charlene is in Monaco often in the same time as PA...
Interesting. Let's wait what would happen....

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Nobility

The pictures look staged.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:28 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
We haven't seen Charlene and PA for a while. It seems more than one months. I wonder what's up. We seem them separately only. We can see that Charlene is in Monaco often in the same time as PA...
Interesting. Let's wait what would happen....
I am surprised that she did not attend the Oktoberfest this year. But this can be interpreted in any direction - they could have split and she will fade into oblivion or she is being prepared for the big announcement.

As usual we'll have to wait and see what happens.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Aristocracy

SOME GREAT PHOTOS, a collective from several major events.
This is like a slow motion picture of them over time.
Does it look like love? Or a puppy tale keeping him occupied?
Whatever it is, they seem to look happy most of the time when
they are together. And that they have some similar interests.
Cheers, all !!

Charlene Wittstock photos - Daylife
Old 10-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Courtier

Bachelor for life what is left to say I don't need to even mention the m word because it just not fall into place.They will continue to stay an item until one gets tired of the other.That is why his sister will succeed him if she outlives him and become the second sovereign princess in Monaco's history.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 10-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amely View Post
Some Charlene's photos. She are walking with unknown friends in Monte-Carlo 24.09.2008
AOP/EliotPress

SHE SEEMS TO BE REALLY INTO THIS LIFESTYLE, CENTRE OF ATTENTION and entourage, paparazzi, stylin walk, and being surrounded by men.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amely View Post
Some Charlene's photos. She are walking with unknown friends in Monte-Carlo 24.09.2008
AOP/EliotPress
These are a beautiful set of candid photos.. I love them..spontaneous and natuaral
Old 10-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe if she were more like his sisters ... ?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Thumbs up

if albert is happy with her the way they are now and she's satisfied as well, then let them be
all this pressure, all this media hype is exactly what Albert's been trying to avoid his whole life, I think he will marry Charlene, but it will be on HIS terms, when he decides it's the right time
Old 10-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Serene Highness

In those pics from PGA Albert and Charlene looked just like two old buddies, not couple. I still don't see those two in any relationship, just friends pretending to be a couple for fun. It seem that Albert still needs Charlene for photo ops.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-18-2008, 02:08 PM

Lakshmi, I totally agree with you, They don't have any kind of chemistry going on between them.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline View Post
SHE SEEMS TO BE REALLY INTO THIS LIFESTYLE, CENTRE OF ATTENTION and entourage, paparazzi, stylin walk, and being surrounded by men.
Maybe he should just give her the crown, and save them both the trouble of a marriage. She does seem rather animated when she gets around men and more uncomfortable around women , it appears that way at least?

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship