The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
It was never confirmed that Charlene was taking French lessons. It was Bunte story, this tabloid also wrote in the same article that Charlene was converting to be catholic, meeting with Monaco bishop Barsi etc. It turned out to be false the same as Bunte statement in that article about marriage comming. So, it is possible that Charlene taking French classes is not true.

Charlene isn´t catholic?

Old 09-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Commoner

Angry

I started reading this forum in earnest anticipating that an engagement would happen. It has not happened. Now, I am beginning to believe it is not going to happen. Prince Albert, himself, is not enough to sustain my interest without Charlene or someone by his side.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Serene Highness

There is a new Bunte article out about Charlene and Albert if anyone has seen it and can tells us about it that would be wonderful. Thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Courtier

Okay those are just rumors about Albert putting Charlene in French lessons being that here has been no official annoucement made from the palalce.I forgot you can not believe everything you hear or read.But it is sad how they have dated for several years and still no engagement has been publicy made.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 09-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Nobility

I'm sorry, but I am really perplexed that peoply are actually angry that Prince Albert has not married Charlene or may not be interested in marrying Charlene or even the other way around? Why is it so important to someone else who doesn't hold an invested interest that these two must marry? And why on earth would someone be eager for one person who they seem to be a fan of, to actually marry someone that they profess holds no interest for them, on their own? Why would one be rooting or angry that a marriage hasn't taken place under those circumstances or at all? I just don't get it? It really is marginalizing both of them, isn't it? Albert holds no interest to anyone on his own? Isn't HE the monarch? Isn't this forum meant to be about Monaco royalty? That would be Albert and his family, right? People are free to read here or not if they like? If someone is a real fan of Charlene, which is perfectly fine, but why is she not worthy on her own, why must she be married to Albert? Don't you think she should be enough on her own, especially if she is the one that supposingly is the big draw here? I just don't see how Charlene marrying someone deemed not worthy on their own (Albert), do something for Charlene who is supposingly the only one or reason that holds someone's interest? So then what does a marriage to Albert bring, why should that be so important to someone here? That is not saying much for Charlene? Why marginalize either one of them?

As for the French lessons, why does Albert need to be the one to make that choice for Charlene who is a grown woman? I am sure if she wished to, no one is protesting to her learning some French if she has a desire to? Maybe she has? She has been in a French speaking country for awhile now, I don't understand why people think this would or should be a decision of Albert's ? Or that it means anything? Am I the only one left scratching my head over some of these comments?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Courtier

I am not angry about Prince Albert not marrying Charlene I was just stating they have dated for a long time and he has yet to pop the question for him to take her hand in marriage.About the French lessons as I mention aboved in my previous post
that is a rumor so why bring up something that is not true.Charlene is indeed a grown woman and she has the decision to stay in this relationship or break up and any other else in her life.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Courtier

I had thought that after the brouhaha of the Olympics had died down that Albert would make an engagement announcement - guess I am wrong!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Nobility

Nextstar, I wasn't speaking of your post , but some others, both current and in the past where it is not the relationship one way or another that might delight someone or not? It is the constant idea that Albert and Charlene must get married (from the very beginning of the relationship) even though they seem to think very little of Albert or the Grimaldi's and yet there seems to be a strong fixation on the idea that Albert must marry Charlene? If I cared and supported someone, I would not wish for them to enter into a marriage so desperately if I didn't like or care for the spouse to be? I have never been so fixated about the idea of a marriage between anyone, a celebrity or royal couple, or even my own friends or family members? I don't understand the concern that someone must marry someone else, especially between people that I don't even know or worse care for? Wishing someone some happiness in life is one thing but unless both people are going to be happy in a marriage, eventually no one is going to be, so why wish this for anyone? I just can't understand why they are so eager to harp on about how desperate they are about a marriage between these two people, if this is how they feel? It doesn't exactly sound like a fairytale romance they are wishing for? So what and why are people so desperate for a marriage between these two people that they don't even know? That is what I find rather odd and leaves me scratching my head sometimes? What exactly is the wish or motive of it all here?

P.S. Next Star, I understand that since the realtionship has been made rather public for awhile now, why people might wonder what the purpose of it all was for, if it was not serious, why promote it in the first place? Maybe Albert was just excited to have a new girl on his arm as many men are sometimes, before they really think it through? But many relationships fizzle out once people get to know each other and are in a better position to know when or if the relationship works or not? And I am speaking of either one of them here? There is a lot for both of them to think about here and consider?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Serene Highness

It is perhaps not desperation that drives fans to push for a marriage. Merely a curiousity as to why they have not yet taken the final steps after such a long relationship. As Albert is indeed the monarch, it is only natural to watch for a marriage to happen. A monarch's first obligation is to provide a legitimate heir, after all.

Something must be drawing Albert to Charlene. He could have his pick of women, but he publicly chooses this one, and for quite some time now. So, it is not unrealistic to expect people to look at the two of them and wonder when they will take the next big step.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Nobility

Kimebear, what you say here, I can understand -- Curiosity is understandable after a few years -- It just seems like sometimes there is something a little different going on here, like an attempt to pursuade someone else, that I find very curious (to use your word!) Maybe it is just me that finds this kind of odd?

Kimebear, I was just editing my other post to include your point when you beat me to it!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
It is perhaps not desperation that drives fans to push for a marriage. Merely a curiousity as to why they have not yet taken the final steps after such a long relationship. As Albert is indeed the monarch, it is only natural to watch for a marriage to happen.
I agree. People who expect Charlene and PA finally get married don't have to be Charlene's fans. They may just wainting something to happen, they want to know what will be next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Something must be drawing Albert to Charlene. He could have his pick of women, but he publicly chooses this one, and for quite some time now. So, it is not unrealistic to expect people to look at the two of them and wonder when they will take the next big step.
Not necessary. If it is staged 'relationship' like I believe, she will stay as long as he needs her to be "girlfriend". And she is here, maybe because she was the only decent woman who was willing to accept this "agreement". By decent, I mean with not bad look( she can be considered pretty), and she is a former athlete, no past etc, so quite presentable in public.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 09-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Courtier

I understand why Prince Albert is taking his time he wants to find someone who is suitable and compatible to be his future wife and First Lady of Monaco because he wants his marriage and relationship to last for a lifetime.But Albert is already 50 years old and not gettng any younger time just keeps going by while he keeps on aging along with it just like everybody else.I hope he does find real happiness rather it is with Charlene or not and that he will take the burden off his sisters and their children when dealing with the succesion issues to the throne by him marry one day and have his own legitmate heir and other children I call them spares.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Okay...let's move on.

At this time I would like remind everyone of the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/zero-tolerance-policy-16593.html, which states that there will be no speculation on engagements and/or weddings.

I realize that at this particular stage in the Albert/Charlene relationship there are some who hope that the relationship moves to the next stage (we all love a wedding) just as there are some who do not approve of the relationship HOWEVER...at the present time there is NO engagement on the horizon...and we could go ON AND ON AND ON on when will they, why don't they, will it ever happen, it will happen by next year, etc. So let's just end it here.

All future posts regarding a possible engagement will be deleted. If you have any questions, please do not hestiate to contact any of the Monaco moderators and/or TRF adminstrators.

Thank you.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Aristocracy

What is the next function they are expected to attend together??
:)
Old 09-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline View Post
What is the next function they are expected to attend together??
:)
hard to say but the PGA are coming up the end of Oct/early Nov.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Aristocracy

How far ahead would CW be planned into what PA is planned into?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star View Post
I understand why Prince Albert is taking his time he wants to find someone who is suitable and compatible to be his future wife and First Lady of Monaco because he wants his marriage and relationship to last for a lifetime.But Albert is already 50 years old and not gettng any younger time just keeps going by while he keeps on aging along with it just like everybody else.I hope he does find real happiness rather it is with Charlene or not and that he will take the burden off his sisters and their children when dealing with the succesion issues to the throne by him marry one day and have his own legitmate heir and other children I call them spares.
So do I, but if he wants a marriage to last a lifetime, I think he has made bad choices in his companions? 20 years his junior? I mean it doesn't take a psychic to figure this out? Rainier made the change for the succesion issues for a reason. He also split his fortune pretty much between both Caroline and Albert -- surely Caroline and her kids would understand they also have responsibilities? I think that must have been what Rainiers thinking was to will Caroline that much money without the idea that her own children (his grandchildren) might step into the position. I just think for Albert to marry for the only purpose of having an heir especially at his age, is just plain stupid. I think he would really suffer for it and ruin any chance of him ever having a happy life -- in fact I think it would be disasterous for him (IMO) if he marries for the wrong reasons. He is really playing Russian roulette with the idea that having a child is even a probable possibility, if he is just going to marry someone for that reason alone? He is going to be up a creek without a paddle very quickly if that is the only thing he is considering in what a marriage would be like for him, if that is his only consideration for a wife? I'm sure one of Caroline's kids can manage to step up to the role when the time comes or even one of Stephanie's. I think a child raised as part of the Grimaldi family would be a better choice and monarchy is less popular that it once was? I don't know how accepting the people of Monaco would be if one of the other children raised outside of the Grimaldi's ever tried to take the throne? No matter what Albert might wish? I think he needs to just concentrate on finding a women that he cares for and that really cares for him. That's a tough position and role to be in, if not in a loving and supporting marriage multiplied with someone that isn't up to that task (for all considerations). But Albert does waste his time and involves himself with unsuitable women, so I don't know why he would or should be surprised that he hasn't found anyone? When would he have had the chance to have found anyone, while involved with someone else? I do hope he finds someone to share a happy life with though, if he ever decides to make room for that possibity? Besides 50 is the new 30?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

So far I think that Albert has been sharing his 50 years with someone, it just happens they are not the same someone. He now has two children but no direct heir. One of Caroline´s children is probably going to be the next ruler in Monaco, which one? It is usually the eldest.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

I'm sure they're very happy and in love and all of th at. But at t his point I doubt that very few people are hanging on to their every move. Its absolutely boring at this point. There really are ot her things in life and things to do without adulating over them. I'm glad they're happy as they seem to be however the marital situation.

They'll be married when they get married (how deep is that).
Old 09-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star View Post

This might be the wrong place but your comment"...spares" grabs my attention--if you're referring to the o/w little boy and the big girl? IMO there are certainly some other names you can call them other than spares. Through the activities of the papparazzi, press, etc we see they seem to be enjoying full appropriate lives. And I'm sure they're foremost and important in their mothers' lives. Just as the other Prince Rainier grandchild who shares similar birth circumstances.

I realize the importance and tradition and practice of legitimate heirs and I'm sure the monarch will certainly take care of that in his own time. But human-wise and biologically, it takes the same kind of mitosis and cell division and same number of chromosomes and the same paternal dna in this case. We all have our Cause Celelebre (?). They're mine.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship