Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh My !!? I think you are right!? I think it's just that the media wanted SO BADLY for P-A to get married after his father died and his son showed up .. that they have made C-W something greater than she really is!? I think she really IS no different than the others he has had except that he cannot really be talked out of this one by his father. I mean, he'd dated C-W before his father died and P-R must NOT have approved of her then because there was only that one date

?? He dated CW (even once?) while Rainier was alive?? The media gave the impression they met at the 2006 Olympics.

Really? I think she never looks refined. She has a thin layer of vulgarity about her that she cannot quite shake off, imo. No amount of styling, make-up and expensive bespoke gown will ever make her elegant to me. Some ordinary women clean up very nice and can play the part (for example Princess Mary). Charlene simply isn't one of those women.
Albert, in general, does not seem to be attracted to graceful women. All of his girlfriend were quite common, or sexy but not elegant, with the exception of rumored gf Karen Mulder (who turned out mentally unstable sadly) and my favourite of his exes, Tasha de Vasconcelo (the woman was class imo). I do wonder if it's some kind of twisted reaction to his mother...

Once again I find myself agreeing wholeheartedly with you Idriel.
Tasha de Vasconcellos would have made the perfect Princess for Albert.
She is of noble descent to boot, descended from William the Conqueror, Charlemagne just to name a few Kings. She is beautiful and would be an asset to Monaco, she would be good for Albert but perhaps she is a bit too good for him.

Last edited:
There were rumors at the time that Tasha had been previously married for a short time
It was never confirmed

I don't know, I think you are being a bit harsh. I can accept the fact that class and elegance are qualities no one can buy. However she did come a long way and she has improved a great deal. I do not find her vulgar.

LOL.....'Class and quality' ......... The Grimaldis may be very glamourous and beautiful people, as well as their mother, Grace, but none of them is really classy although Caroline seems to have a very high opinion of her own importance these days as a 'Serene Highness'. Let's get real, these people are just 'royal' upstarts, not taken seriously by any other royals in Europe or the rest of the world.
I do not find Charlene more vulgar than, for instance, Stephanie or Charlotte.

There were rumors at the time that Tasha had been previously married for a short time
It was never confirmed

I saw that somewhere but I don´t know for sure whether it was just rumour, gossip or what? Perhaps that put a damper on the romance when Prince Rainier was alive. Who knows!

Do you know, why PA did not marry Angy Everhardt. That was about 10 years ago. I remember very well those photos, showing PA really in love with Angy E. These pictures could not deceive. A.E. was a very very beautiful woman with red hair! Do you remember. Have you perhaps still a picture??? Oh jea!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that any girl who is seen more than once at the same event that Prince Albert attends is considered a candidate for a marriage proposal....The Monagesques want another Grace Kelly badly it seems. I really think that the next ruler will be Andrea and that it has all been worked out but life is always full of surprises.

?? He dated CW (even once?) while Rainier was alive?? The media gave the impression they met at the 2006 Olympics.
Their first date was sometime between 2000 and 2002 I don't recall which year. I think the first interview with Charlene about it is in the first Current Events Thread.
Do you know, why PA did not marry Angy Everhardt. That was about 10 years ago. I remember very well those photos, showing PA really in love with Angy E. These pictures could not deceive. A.E. was a very very beautiful woman with red hair! Do you remember. Have you perhaps still a picture??? Oh jea!!!!!!!!!!
Angie was divorced and he was seeing Nicole when he was also seeing Tasha and Alicia.

Their first date was sometime between 2000 and 2002 I don't recall which year. I think the first interview with Charlene about it is in the first Current Events Thread.
Angie was divorced and he was seeing Nicole when he was also seeing Tasha and Alicia.

In other words he was too busy to even contemplate marrying Angie.....:ohmy:

Because Angie Everheardt, despite being beautiful and smart-had a reptutation for being a "professional girlfriend". She has dated too many famous men to mention, mostly actors. She was engaged to Sly Stallone for about a week.

She was married to George Hamiliton's son Ashley, and has been recently linked to Prince Andrew.

She was also stupid enough to blab to the press about her relationship with Albert...something about how having red hair gave her an advantage or something. Albert was furious and dumped her immediately...good for him!

I think she would have been just a GRUESOME choice for Princess of Monaco!

Sheesh...Albert is fortunate that he hasn't ended up with more out of wedlock children. That is a BIT much, even for a playboy prince
!

I believe that any girl who is seen more than once at the same event that Prince Albert attends is considered a candidate for a marriage proposal....The Monagesques want another Grace Kelly badly it seems. I really think that the next ruler will be Andrea and that it has all been worked out but life is always full of surprises.

I completely agree with everything you have stated. I also believe that Albert is perfectly content to have Andrea or Pierre as his Heir. Pierre is studying economics at university, and is dating a pretty Italian princess from an ancient family. That should please the Monagasques, no?!

As for fatherhood, Albert probably feels that he has fathered two children so he is not missing out on that aspect of life.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.....'Class and quality' ......... The Grimaldis may be very glamourous and beautiful people, as well as their mother, Grace, but none of them is really classy although Caroline seems to have a very high opinion of her own importance these days as a 'Serene Highness'. Let's get real, these people are just 'royal' upstarts, not taken seriously by any other royals in Europe or the rest of the world.
I do not find Charlene more vulgar than, for instance, Stephanie or Charlotte.

I was referring to Charlene's style and improvement since she came at the forefront. In my view she came a long way and improved a great deal in the last 4 years.
BTW Caroline was elevated from a Serene Highness to a Royal Highness since her 3rd marriage but then again this is Charlene's thread.:flowers::flowers:

I was referring to Charlene's style and improvement since she came at the forefront. In my view she came a long way and improved a great deal in the last 4 years.
BTW Caroline was elevated from a Serene Highness to a Royal Highness since her 3rd marriage but then again this is Charlene's thread.:flowers::flowers:

I agree that Charlene has come a long way since the days of purple bustiers and slit skirts and hanging from balconies with cigarettes. She looks beautiful and chic in every photo I've seen of her recently, and I can easily see her in the role of Princess-IF she learns to speak at least passable French.

She's no Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium, but she might fit right in on the Riviera.

I agree that Charlene has come a long way since the days of purple bustiers and slit skirts and hanging from balconies with cigarettes. She looks beautiful and chic in every photo I've seen of her recently, and I can easily see her in the role of Princess-IF she learns to speak at least passable French.

She's no Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium,

This is one trrue statement if I ever read one! Well said!:flowers:

Point de Vue had a photo of Charlene last month leaving the Principality for South Africa. Has she returned?

I was reading somewhere that P-A and C-W BOTH went to SA and would be meeting with her parents (finally). If anyone has this thread, please post it? Thx!

I am sure she is lovely and he is attracted to the good things he sees in her but I always feel there will be someone else out there for him who is more serious about life and more equipped to support his role.

Evangeline

That may be, but he is already fifty and who knows whether he will ever get married. Charlene has been waiting for quite sometime I'm sure. Their relationship seems to be on a similar path to William and Kate's. Wonder who will make it to the altar first.

Glistening Seas

Angeliene can you give us a link or where or when the article?:wreath:

That may be, but he is already fifty and who knows whether he will ever get married. Charlene has been waiting for quite sometime I'm sure. Their relationship seems to be on a similar path to William and Kate's. Wonder who will make it to the altar first.

William's already stated that he doesn't want to get married until he's 30 and he's 26 now. Either way, the man is going to marry. None of us know the same for Albert.

Maybe I am an old stick in the mud, but the way in which Albert jets around the world fulfilling official duties with Charlene publically in tow (as an "official girlfriend"?) is degrading to Monaco. Albert is dragging Monaco back down to its pre-Princess Grace reputation. Princess Grace brought class and some much needed dignity to Monaco which Albert is quickly destroying - and - I am not even bringing his private life and past relationships into this. His relationship with Charlene is not private.

Maybe I am an old stick in the mud, but the way in which Albert jets around the world fulfilling official duties with Charlene publically in tow (as an "official girlfriend"?) is degrading to Monaco. Albert is dragging Monaco back down to its pre-Princess Grace reputation. Princess Grace brought class and some much needed dignity to Monaco which Albert is quickly destroying - and - I am not even bringing his private life and past relationships into this. His relationship with Charlene is not private.

I agree with you. If he wants to treat her as if she were "first lady" then one would think and engagement would be in order. It all looks so ridiculous. Fine for her to go to the balls but on official business, meeting heads of state seems wrong without a ring on her finger? The only place she doesn't turn up is on official business in Monaco, which if we were not in the internet age might fool the citizens of Monaco, but not now. What's the difference? and why parade her around so visably?

I agree with you. If he wants to treat her as if she were "first lady" then one would think and engagement would be in order. It all looks so ridiculous. Fine for her to go to the balls but on official business, meeting heads of state seems wrong without a ring on her finger? The only place she doesn't turn up is on official business in Monaco, which if we were not in the internet age might fool the citizens of Monaco, but not now. What's the difference? and why parade her around so visably?

Well, "because he's a fool" sounds like a reasonable explanation to me;)

Evidently, Charlene is learning French and (if I'm not mistaken) converting to Catholicism - and I understand that this takes time, BUT ...
Albert would never take Charlene on a junket to a royal country now as their "dating" status would cause a lot of havoc for the protocol.

Glistening Seas

:) Someone mentioned a while back that when he dated Tasha that he took her 'everywhere" and nicole too. They said she went to grand prix's with him and to parties etc. Tasha was supposed to have been taken everywhere with him too! Without a committment to them on the table, it's simple casual dating and quite normal! People fall in and out of love every day and just because he doesn't marry Cw doesn't mean he wouldn't marry someone else if he fell in love. Life and love aren't on a time schedule.

:) Someone mentioned a while back that when he dated Tasha that he took her 'everywhere" and nicole too. They said she went to grand prix's with him and to parties etc. Tasha was supposed to have been taken everywhere with him too! Without a committment to them on the table, it's simple casual dating and quite normal! People fall in and out of love every day and just because he doesn't marry Cw doesn't mean he wouldn't marry someone else if he fell in love. Life and love aren't on a time schedule.

I understand your thinking, but Albert is such a public person and holds such a public position. It's not like he has a substitute official hostess in Monaco to help him out. Caroline is not around Monaco very much and Stephanie is certainly not up to filling that role.
I guess that I was hoping that he would eventually marry and have children to succeed him. I hate to think of Andrea Casigrahi stepping in becoming the ruler of Monaco.

i am sure she will wait for him to return. what else does she have to keep herself busy. hummmmm lets think hummm could it be nothing. i feel safe to say he could walk around the world blind folded using only his hands to fine his way and she would wait for him.
so my usually random check in ; prince albert has not announce an engagment, they are still living together, and she is just now learning french(she should be fluent in french by now) and what does she do with her time now and i hope they answer is different than time i ask.

semisquare wrote:"so my usually random check in ; prince albert has not announce an engagment, they are still living together"

It was never said, nor even in rumors that Albert and Charlene are living together. She just told in some interview while ago that her new address was palace, it sounded more like she wanted impress media or maybe just to tell anything. It is something similar to her saying that she wanted to participate in Olympics, something that she probably never intended.:whistling:
She will have a lot of time by herself in South America, I don't think she knows anyone there.She must be bored. I guess like other posters wrote, she will just wait for Albert.:rolleyes:

I think it is obvious that he wants a lady but not a wife.....

With all due respect Menarue, a lady would never put herself in the position that Charlene has done. She would remain in a more respectable role. Without an engagement ring, Charlene is posing as a wife while playing as a mistress. She is not training for the job of wife without a ring, and any girlfriend in her age group has a job other than traveling with their boyfriend -Unless they are independently wealthy, which she is not. JMO

Evidently, Charlene is learning French and (if I'm not mistaken) converting to Catholicism - and I understand that this takes time, BUT ...
Albert would never take Charlene on a junket to a royal country now as their "dating" status would cause a lot of havoc for the protocol.

Charlene has supposedly been learning French for the last two years but those who have been around her say she doesn't know the lanquage yet. Also it doesn't matter if the country is Royal or not, you don't publically parade the girlfriend of a certain age so visably around heads of state which he has so recently done. A little discretion would be advised. Albert has basically thrown her in everyone's face from the get-go. Ok for a 25 year old, bad form for a 50 year old. To me, and this is only my opinion, the perfect example of how to do it is CP Victoria whose been dating the same man for six years.

With all due respect Menarue, a lady would never put herself in the position that Charlene has done. She would remain in a more respectable role. Without an engagement ring, Charlene is posing as a wife while playing as a mistress. She is not training for the job of wife without a ring, and any girlfriend in her age group has a job other than traveling with their boyfriend -Unless they are independently wealthy, which she is not. JMO

Very true, I didn´t want to say woman so I said lady.........
There are other cases similar around Europe but I will restrain myself from naming them. :angel:

Very true, I didn´t want to say woman so I said lady.........
There are other cases similar around Europe but I will restrain myself from naming them. :angel:

That's quite a tease!!! If you mean Kate Middleton, I cut her a break because she's still under 30, but she is getting dangerously close to not looking like a lady if this keeps up for a few more years without a ring on her finger.

What used to be called mistress now days is called a girlfriend so we are left with a puzzle, is there such a thing as a mistress these days? Does it only apply to married people? Yes, definitely a puzzle. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom