Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events 5: January 2018 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see the Princess attend too.

South African ambassador should give us a clue :)

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene hosted a reception in connection with a High-level Panel for Road Safety at the Princely Palace today, October 28:

** Pic **

Charlene was very, very elegant and superbly dressed for the occasion. The cut of her jacket is magnificent and absolute perfection. Bravo Charlene!

Wonderful to see Prince Albert and Princess Charlene at the ceremony for the victims of the Terror attack in Nice today.

Given that Nice is so close to Monaco it's nice that Albert and Charlene attended the service.

Today, November 15, Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended a mass in celebration of 70 years of the Oblates of St. François de Sales in St. Charles:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Well done! We don't have to day our King's Feast , nor Catholic nor Civil .

The church of St Charles was commissioned by Prince Charles III of Monaco in 1879 and was finished in 1883. The church was restored by Prince Rainier III in the 1980's to mark its centenary.

Prince Albert, Princess Charlene, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella presented the Christmas presents for children at the Princely Palace today, December 16.

I guess Princess Charlene's new hairstyle will make the news, rather than the event itself..;)

** fb gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Added: the first articles about her look ;)

** hola article: El inesperado y radical cambio de 'look' de Charlene de Mónaco, ¿la reconoces? **

** dailymail: Princess goes punk! Charlene of Monaco is unrecognisable as she debuts a VERY bold half-shaved hairstyle.. **

** pm gallery: Charlène dévoile sa nouvelle coiffure, un surprenant "half hawk" **

** pp gallery: Charlene de Monaco se rase la tête : une coupe qui décoiffe pour inaugurer le sapin du palais **

Last edited:
Princess Charlene posted in her instagram:

"The baptism of the maritime police boat
Named Princess Gabriella
Congratulations my baby girl ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI3LyPAlXgZ/

More pictures from the Palace

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=palaismonaco&set=a.4028678563811319&__cft__[0]=AZVGrH5TC4FaMt8NYls6NbqJ6giK5t-lcqyUjbWYiRc4p-yNBUdHxX9eZO06O685OEDeWKG9UzxPyTeTcxPk4E_4rDpqZDjoKSq6ghPKX3FtZcyEiePzImtdRwClc1O5fJOxNz9tLSuzwescN_XC-trBbtHXcfQDnxMEHdWjRD2IFxofUzVcYNf0rynR0a4ePwU&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R

Video

Last edited by a moderator:
*Maybe* if she was a 17-21 year old junior princess it could slide.

However Charlene is 42 years old and is *The Princess*of Monaco. No just no

Prince Albert, Princess Charlene, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella presented the Christmas presents for children at the Princely Palace today, December 16.

I guess Princess Charlene's new hairstyle will make the news, rather than the event itself..;)

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Added: the first articles about her look ;)

** hola article: El inesperado y radical cambio de 'look' de Charlene de Mónaco, ¿la reconoces? **

** dailymail: Princess goes punk! Charlene of Monaco is unrecognisable as she debuts a VERY bold half-shaved hairstyle.. **

** pm gallery: Charlène dévoile sa nouvelle coiffure, un surprenant "half hawk" **

** pp gallery: Charlene de Monaco se rase la tête : une coupe qui décoiffe pour inaugurer le sapin du palais **

What is that? OMG!

*Maybe* if she was a 17-21 year old junior princess it could slide.

However Charlene is 42 years old and is *The Princess*of Monaco. No just no

Exactly, grow up Charlene x

:previous:
This Charlene look is not appropriate for a woman with her position. She is a Princess of Monaco, wife of the Prince of Monaco, represents a country, so she should be more careful with her appearance. I don't know why you have this kind of attitude.
Charlene should look at the ladies from the other royal families and see how they behave.

:previous:
This Charlene look is not appropriate for a woman with her position. She is a Princess of Monaco, wife of the Prince of Monaco, represents a country, so she should be more careful with her appearance. I don't know why you have this kind of attitude.
Charlene should look at the ladies from the other royal families and see how they behave.

Exactly, what a mess she looks.

Well the women of the royal family have always been a little controversial. I suppose it's no surprise she cuts her hair to get attention.

Charlene's hair styles and cuts have been evolving since her wedding back in 2011.
Her recent short bob with bangs I thought was very flattering but now she's gone for a half shaved Bob. I'm curious if she spoke with Albert prior or just surprised him. It's not very princessy.

"Although a decade ago shaved styles used to be associated with brutal punks, today it’s another way for women to express their wild and dynamic personalities. Though getting a half head shaved may seem to be a spontaneous, impulsive decision, in fact, it requires a very thoughtful approach." https://lovehairstyles.com/half-shaved-head-hairstyles/

to be honest, I like it a lot more than the fringe she sported some weeks ago.
If its appropriate, my gosh, maybe not. She could have shaved it like her sister in law did many years ago. In the end, its hair. It grows back.
But at least she is not as boring looking as some other wives of head of states.

What would concern me more than her hair are her nails.

If its appropriate, my gosh, maybe not. She could have shaved it like her sister in law did many years ago. In the end, its hair. It grows back.
But at least she is not as boring looking as some other wives of head of states.

Which "other wives" look "boring", keeping in mind their position in State and society?
Queen Sonja, Queen Silvia, Queen Margrethe, Queen Elizabeth, Queen Máxima, Queen Mathilde, Queen Letizia and Grand-Duchess María Teresa? All these ladies often dress in colourful or surprising fashion choices. Or is with "boring" meant that Queen Sonja or Queen Letizia should take their husband's tondeuse out of the drawer and trim their hairlocks indeed ?

Last edited:
Which "other wives" look "boring", keeping in mind their position in State and society?
Queen Sonja, Queen Silvia, Queen Margrethe, Queen Elizabeth, Queen Máxima, Queen Mathilde, Queen Letizia and Grand-Duchess María Teresa? All these ladies often dress in colourful or surprising fashion choices. Or is with "boring" meant that Queen Sonja or Queen Letizia should take their husband's tondeuse out of the drawer and trim their hairlocks indeed ?

Queen Mathilde, in my opinion often dresses very boring. You can wear colour and yet look very boring. Also the Duchess of Cambridge very often dresses as if she took clothes from her greatgrandmother.

Usually all, including charlene, dress and look appropriate. But in the same way as Catherine or Mathilde sometimes dress boring, oldfashioned or simply lame, this time Charlene decided to sport an adventurous haircut.

NO Caroline did NOT shave her hair, she was ill with alopecia, her hair just fell.

Queen Mathilde, in my opinion often dresses very boring. You can wear colour and yet look very boring. Also the Duchess of Cambridge very often dresses as if she took clothes from her greatgrandmother.

Usually all, including charlene, dress and look appropriate. But in the same way as Catherine or Mathilde sometimes dress boring, oldfashioned or simply lame, this time Charlene decided to sport an adventurous haircut.

Sorry, but I think you in some ways misunderstand the roles and purpose of the people you have mentioned here. Supporting causes locally and abroad, meeting and entertaining foreign heads of state and other leaders is what their jobs entail. It should not involve fashion first and foremost nor looks that attract divisive attention and take away from the occasion. I think Charlene's new look is unattractive, inappropriate and it frankly disturbs me. I don't think it's a style a well balanced, mentally healthy mother of two children in her forties who is married to a reigning prince would normally choose to wear.

Supporting causes locally and abroad, meeting and entertaining foreign heads of state and other leaders is what their jobs entail.

Well, Princess Charlene has no "job". She is married to the life-time boss of Monaco - he and his family are the only ones she has to support and entertain. Her husband is a real royal, the Prince Sovereign of Monaco!

With that out of the way, has she any duties to put Monaco on the map by oozing glitz and glamour? Well, that would be nice!

And is she doing so? Well, for sure is her hair cut making headlines... And who knows: Perhaps the majority of women silently applaud her fashion "courage"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom