Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 4: March 2015 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not meant to be a fashion parade but I don't think Charlene's choice of coat and dress do her any favours.

Charlene is stunnig and very elegant, I like her outfit and her mantilla she was wearing on her head, I prefer this white outfit to the black outfit

Charlene is so perfect!! Love her outfit and everything about her.

The Prince and Princess looked splendid. I know that Pope Franciscus seems popular with his sloppy appearance but somewhere I find that when a visitor dresses up to the max to meet him, he should dress up too.

The former Pope, Benedictus XVI, wore a choir dress and a red mozzetta or white mozzetta with or without fur (depending on the time of the year). With this showing that he is not only the Bishop of Rome but also the head of state of the Holy See. Is there an Official Visit? Then a choir dress is worn over the usual white cassock and then a mozzetta. This is very visible on this picture. The President and the First Lady were dressed perfectly. The Pope, their host, answered with equal perfect manners. I miss that with the current Pope.

My compliments for the Prince and Princess of Monaco. Despite the Pope not taking any effort to upgrade his appearance, the princely couple looked perfect. Note that everyone in the Vatican looked better dressed than the head of state of the Holy See. Hmmm...

The Prince and Princess with Pope Franciscus

The Prince and Princess with Pope Benedictus

Imo one of the greatest things about the current pope is that he takes catholicism back to what really matters: spiritual life and respect for others, and not all the fancy looks and splendour that sometimes takes too much precedence.

If looks were important than "Thow shalt dress up when meeting others" would be in the 10 commandments ;)

Imo one of the greatest things about the current pope is that he takes catholicism back to what really matters: spiritual life and respect for others, and not all the fancy looks and splendour that sometimes takes too much precedence.

If looks were important than "Thow shalt dress up when meeting others" would be in the 10 commandments ;)

Well, then the Pope is not very consequent: he still has not sold the Apostolic Palace and the Vatican musea, to swap to a linen tent in Calais or so. And when manners are not so important anymore as you say, I would recommend Prince Albert and all other royals to sell all their historic collections, no longer request a dresscode, break the jewels because tja... these are not mentioned in the Ten Commandments...

It is all gallery play by the Pope. While he prefers an appartment in Casa Santa Marta, he still receives the royal guests in the papal appartments which are... surprise, surprise... far more spartan than the recently renovated and refurbished Casa Santa Marta, which is more a big hotel with all services.

That the Pope thinks his old rag does not need a choir dress and a mozzeta for the ceremonial welcome of a Catholic head of state, does not make him a hero or something. It shows desinterest, lack of manners. I applaud that the Prince and Princess of Monaco still know what politesse is. Would he have appeared in wrinkled pantalon with an open shirt, she with a tight blouse, then hell and doom would be their part on this forum. Now Charlène was every inch The Princess of Monaco, everyone is in praise for her. But hey... apparently we may not expect the head of state of the Holy See, residing in the grandest monumental sites of the world, surrounded by Botticelli, Michelangelo, Bernini, to wear a clean cassock?

Hmmm... ok.

Please note that all posts regarding the past of Pope Benedict have been deleted as off topic.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notifce.

:)Thanks for providing video for this visit. TSH were in fine form. Princess Charlene continues to astonish me with her beauty and elegance...amazing!:ohmy:

Pics and news about the Sainte Devote Celebration can be found and posted at our extra thread, double posted content has been removed.

This morning, P Albert and Princess Charlene visited the refugees camp at Vintimille

Visite de LL.A.S. Le Prince Albert II et la Princesse Charlène au camp de demandeurs d'asile de Vintimille / Actualités / Croix-Rouge Monégasque / Channels - MC Channel - Video channels of Monaco

Some photos of the visit

Alberto e Charlène visitano il centro accoglienza di Ventimiglia: fredda risposta dei residenti | RIVIERA PRESS

The people who are living near the center are not happy that the center of refugees are near their home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 4: March 2015 -

Thank you for those who shared the photos of the tournament. Little Jacques is adorable and looks so grown up now that he is walking! I wonder why Gabriella wasn't there? (Not asking to be critical of Charlene or Albert, but genuinely curious). It looks like it's cold in Monaco at the moment as both Charlene and Jacques are wearing warm winter clothing.

Last edited:
Cuteness overload. A thermal quilt hoodie is great until one tries to look right or left. He was being such a good boy! :)

jacques is such an adorable baby - shame we didn't get to see gabriella, but so happy charlene decided to bring one of the twins for our delight. he is such a cutie!

I wonder if Gabriella was a bit under the weather :ermm: It seems a bit odd they only brought 1, they would usually bring both twins. But so great to see little Jacque. I love that we get to see these two, ant not just very rare photo released like some other royal kids

They are both heirs. And I highly doubt for one moment Charlene or Albert thought 'well Gabriella is only second in line, no one cares about her, we should leave her at home':bang: Can you imagine if Harry had been left behind on family events because he was only the second son.

How cute is that pic of P Jacques all smiling and reaching out to the rugby ball! Already a little rugby player in the making.! So nice of P Albert to support his wife and even bringing P Jacques along in the cold weather? Thanks to all who posted.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Jacques is the hereditary prince of Monaco, the heir, Gabriella is second on the line. it is nice to see Jacques

Gabriella is perhaps ill, she has perhaps a cold, as it was very cold and it rains a lot, Princess Charlene prefered to let her at the palace.
It happens very often to see other royal parents attending an event with only the heir.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping to see also Princess Gabriella, but Jacques was simply adorable. He made such cute faces and seemed tobe very comfortable with the cameras. I wouldn't read too much into the absence of Gabriella though.

Jacques is the hereditary prince of Monaco, the heir, Gabriella is second on the line. it is nice to see Jacques

Gabriella is perhaps ill, she has perhaps a cold, as it was very cold and it rains a lot, Princess Charlene prefered to let her at the palace.
It happens very often to see other royal parents attending an event with only the heir.

This is not the same as an official royal event, where Christian or IA have been taken as the 'heir'. It is more like if in a few years when they are both older, Kate and Will take only George to Ascot and not Charlotte. He is 'the heir', why would they take the spare child? You do realize these kids are only 'spares' to the throne, not to their family right? You don't leave the spare child in the closet during a family outing. Why I assume Gabriella was likely not feeling well or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom