Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 4: March 2015 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMGosh i just love these photos! :flowers: She's in her element ~ the water ~ and reminds me of a siren/mermaid (always has). :) And the kids look to be having a BLAST! :)

Aww, great pictures, doing what she loves best! Ans a really lovely pic of the couple, on the 5th anniversary of them getting engaged. Such a happy loving pic. Thanks, melina p.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I had already seen the pics... The one in which Albert and Charlene are hugging is gorgeous! I think I will soon use it as my avatar :-D

These are beautiful pictures! :flowers: This is the Charlene I want to see more of (and Albert ;) ). That first picture of Charlene and Albert is such fun but all the pictures are great. Charlene is a winner!

She is awesome isn't she? And the two of them have become one of my favorite Royal couples.

Hell has frozen over because I never imagined myself saying that when she first came on the scene!:whistling:

Yes, Moonmaiden23, she has certainly come a long way. The proverbial ugly duckling turning into a beautiful swan. But more than that, with the love and support of her husband, she has found her niche and is doing something meaningful for others. And this together with her inner peace and increased confidence since the birth of the twins she has, as you say, indeed become awesome! ...and that happens to be a favourite SA expression...

Well, I for one never thought of Charlene as an ugly duckling, even in her purple bustier/loud green sequined gown wearing days. From the beginning I thought she was a very pretty girl who needed some fine tuning.

As Armani once said of Charlene.. "the basic material was already in place"!;)

She is awesome isn't she? And the two of them have become one of my favorite Royal couples.

She is. :flowers: A natural woman. I can see why she was the perfect fit for Albert.

Hell has frozen over because I never imagined myself saying that when she first came on the scene! :whistling:

Say it ain't so! :shock: :p :bb:

Last edited:
Well, Moonmaiden23, let me take two steps back. I certainly did not mean she was ugly, I know that she did some modeling as a young woman. I actually meant that she wasn't much into fashion, dressing up, using make up, not spending much time concerned with her appearance. She spent most of her time in a swimsuit. All that has changed. She is elegant, fashionable, very beautiful and well dressed. I truly admire her for all she has accomplished. The latest outing in Corsica with P Albert showed once again how much she enjoys sharing her passion with children. I look forward to a time when their children will maybe join them during these events.

I think that the first photo shows a couple really and truly in love. Wonderful!!!!

Thanks, Iceflower, for these lovely pictures of a great event and a very happy couple!

Beautiful pics! Is there a chance to have another link of them? I'd like to download the pic of the kiss but that site doesn't allow any of it...

Beautiful pics! Is there a chance to have another link of them? I'd like to download the pic of the kiss but that site doesn't allow any of it...

When you've chosen a pic you would like to download from that particular website, you simply need to click on the "refresh" button of your browser, then you'll then get a bigger version of the pic that can be downloaded :flowers:

Are they due to attend the openng of the rugby world cup on Friday?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me guess and say that she will wear white on Monaday. Why? Because she is one of only a few ladies who may do so and also because she is an observant Catholic.

IRRC she wore white when she met Pope Benedict. But she wore black at the official ceremony for Pope Francis.

The protocole is no so strict as in old times for the Queens and princesses who have the 'privilège du blanc', Charlene wore the black for the inaugural mass of Pope François, Queen Letizia wore nothing on her head when she met the Pope , Quuen Paola wore black dress at the big mass for the année sainte' in december, her former sister in law , Queen Fabiola always wore the white when she was the queen consort or queen widow, but she wore white pants.
We are far away of the Queens or princesses wearing tiares and sacs and decoration when they met the papes, it is a pity, I liked this decorum.

As i understand it, this privilige means that you *can* wear white if you wish, but you do not *have* to; i think i read once that Q.Elisabeth of Belgium rarely used the privilege...

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks Melina for your prompt posting. As usual Charlene is very, very, elegant.

As i understand it, this privilige means that you *can* wear white if you wish, but you do not *have* to; i think i read once that Q.Elisabeth of Belgium rarely used the privilege...

Its a personal prerogative I think and not something that should reflect on a person's status or rank or heirachy. From what I know of Pope Francis, this kind of thing will seem silly to him and he'd be more inclined to be color blind to protocol but more happy to meet the soul.

Yes, she's in white. And I agree, looking very elegant as usual. Looking forward to some bigger pics. Thanks, melina p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom