Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: April 2013 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlène has a habit in making just off-key choices for events. This was a great honour bestowed upon her by the President of the Italian Republic but she came in a summery dress. A lovely dress but not for this specific engagement.

:flowers:

I think she looks quite as you would expect at this stage in her pregnancy - obviously she is little tired and anxious, but the pictures suggest she is generally well.

I hope she gets the Order fitted properly instead of letting it hang like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dman,I saw the video, it is the ambassador who put the Order on Charlene.

Congratulations Princess Charlene for this honorific distinction!

Congratulations to the Princess, it seems like an important award. Nice to see her efforts recognised also through this "serious"award.

I agree with the post of Elly C above. To me , she doesn't look particularly tired, but rather happy and healthy, especially looking at the close up pic of her.

Dman,I saw the video, it is the ambassador who put the Order on Charlene.

Congratulations Princess Charlene for this honorific distinction!

Yeah, I just hope the sash is fitted in the future.

Dman, the most important for me and other is that she received this honorific distinction for her work , it is all!!!

Dman, the most important for me and other is that she received this honorific distinction for her work , it is all!!!

Yes, it's great that she received the honor and she deserves it but I just hope it's fitted on her when she wears it again.

Lovely that she receives this honor and to see her again, imo she looks great and natural, maybe she did use a bit of botox in the past and it's now giving way to her natural look?
Hope she's overcome the nausea a bit and she'll be able to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy

I definitely see a belly, a fairly big belly, too. She is being photographed full-on and the dress does not accentuate her lines, but I see that she is definitely carrying. I think she has also gained some weight. Chances are she is more than tired, she just doesn't feel 'in the pink'. The pregnancy is a hard one for her. :ermm: That's what I see.

I was struck at how very few foreign orders the Princely Family holds,the Princess now has the following 3 Orders.

Monaco : Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Saint-Charles
Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland
Italy : Dame Grand Cross of the Order of the Star of Italy

What is the significance of these Orders? And may she also wear the foreign Orders on Monaco National Day? Are they worn at any other occasions? Interesting topic, but I know nothing about it...

Glad to see her again but honestly she doesn't look good:sad:

She doesn't look pregnant... I was hoping for a more "showing" outfit!

I agree that she does not look like a woman who is having a child at the end of the year. How far along is she supposed to be at this point?

MoonMaiden, Charlene is a sportwoman who has a strong musclar belt, and it is her first pregnancy, it is why she has not a big belly and Charlene hidded it under a large dress.
It is the fashion now for the people to show her bellly to the medias and the tabloids like to show the belly of the actresses, I have a friend who is doctor who said me some months ago that a lot of young pregnant women were afraid to have not yet

not to have a big belly at the beginning of their pregancy like the actresses, he said me that they don't understand that each woman, each pregnancy .
For my first pregancy, I wore my pregnancy dress only at the five month of pregnacy, I have no belly untill this date.

You will see nothing more friday, I think Chalrene will hidd her belly under a large long dress .

I definitely see a belly, a fairly big belly, too. She is being photographed full-on and the dress does not accentuate her lines, but I see that she is definitely carrying. I think she has also gained some weight. Chances are she is more than tired, she just doesn't feel 'in the pink'. The pregnancy is a hard one for her. :ermm: That's what I see.

I too also saw she's w/out a doubt carrying. Not only do the angles of the photo not help, but the draping and folds of the dress is doing a rather good job of making it look like less is there than there really is. I also think she still looks rather fragile and that this is no easy pregnancy.

Sigh...I hope she's feeling up to the Red Cross Ball later this week, but after seeing these pictures today makes me wonder.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I was struck at how very few foreign orders the Princely Family holds,the Princess now has the following 3 Orders.

Monaco : Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Saint-Charles
Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland
Italy : Dame Grand Cross of the Order of the Star of Italy

An Ard Ri,

That's unfortunately true of the Princely Family since Albert's reign began. But Grace and especially Rainier had a slew of Orders from practically every nation under the sun including the Vatican.

It's a measure of the esteem in which they were both held:sad:.

Albert has only 9 years of reign, Rainier had a long reign, Albert has a lot of orders and Charlene has the Grimaldi orders , the polish orders and now the italian orders.

Albert has a lot of orders of many countries, each times, he is visiting a country, he is receiving an order. .

Albert received all the heads of the states and all the kings and queens and princes and princesses of all the monarchies at his wedding, Prince rainier had not heads of states and no king s and queens only the ex king Farouk of Egyptian.

And the reason all those heads of state were at Albert's wedding was because the esteem with which the Grimaldis were held grew under Prince Rainier and Princess Grace.

Here's my two cents on the matter:

1) all women carry differently (compare Zara Phillips to Kate)

2) Question: has twins been ruled out?

3) When is she due? I've heard end of December - making her four months.

For a first pregnancy, the average woman does not begin to show until about 5 months along. In a second pregnancy, that's moves up to about 5 weeks, as the ligaments and muscles in the area are all relaxed, and they just give up right away, kind of like a white flag. Speaking of the muscles, in a first pregnancy, now is the time that the mother has to deal with round ligament pain when all those ligaments which were once nice and taut have to S-T-R-E-T-C-H out to accommodate one whole other person. So often, the new mother goes from three months of vomiting onto fourth month of round ligament pain.

I too also saw she's w/out a doubt carrying. Not only do the angles of the photo not help, but the draping and folds of the dress is doing a rather good job of making it look like less is there than there really is. I also think she still looks rather fragile and that this is no easy pregnancy.

Sigh...I hope she's feeling up to the Red Cross Ball later this week, but after seeing these pictures today makes me wonder.

I agree with your whole post. She was being a trooper for this event but I don't think she should be pushed. :sad:

Here's my two cents on the matter:

1) all women carry differently (compare Zara Phillips to Kate)

2) Question: has twins been ruled out?

3) When is she due? I've heard end of December - making her four months.

For a first pregnancy, the average woman does not begin to show until about 5 months along. In a second pregnancy, that's moves up to about 5 weeks, as the ligaments and muscles in the area are all relaxed, and they just give up right away, kind of like a white flag. Speaking of the muscles, in a first pregnancy, now is the time that the mother has to deal with round ligament pain when all those ligaments which were once nice and taut have to S-T-R-E-T-C-H out to accommodate one whole other person. So often, the new mother goes from three months of vomiting onto fourth month of round ligament pain.

Love your humor. :flowers:

The look of her could well have been because she was dealing with pain, certainly some discomfort. No fun either way.

Last edited:
A lot of princes and princesses and head od states states never meet the prince Rain ier but they came for Albert they met . the wedding was six years after the death of Rainier , the reign of the parents of Albert was finished.

Yes, rainier was esteemed but Prince Albert is highly esteemed among the heads of states. Since his reign, many consulats are open. Prince Albert representes Monaco at the podium of United States where he is making a speech. He made a lot of official visits where he was invited since the beginning of the reign. His foundation has become very important and he received many awards for the defense of the environement.
I am very happy that charlene received this high distinction for the work for the children she does with her foundation, the presidence of Spêcial olympics and for the children who are autist..
It is now the reign of Albert and there is a change .

not to have a big belly at the beginning of their pregancy like the actresses, he said me that they don't understand that each woman, each pregnancy .
For my first pregancy, I wore my pregnancy dress only at the five month of pregnacy, I have no belly untill this date.
Yes, not all pregnacies are the same. Each women has their own physique, also the baby counts as well.
My mom's first pregnancy (as she told me), she looked so pregnant in the early stages, my older brother was a big boy. For the second pregnancy (me!), she said people only noticed she was pregnant at 5 months, until then she said she barely had a baby belly.
So each pregnancy differs. My aunt had 3 girls, but her 3 pregnancies were all diferent.

None of which negates my point that the esteem in which Monaco is now held came from the hard work put in by Prince Albert's parents. It doesn't mean that Prince Albert is not highly regarded by world leaders now.
I don't need a breakdown of all the good things that he has done or the awards he has received - I never said that he wasn't worthy of them or even mentioned them. (Although, I'm not sure he's that much of a defender of the environment as he is made out to be).
I'm also happy that Charlene was given this award, again, I never said I wasn't.
I am also fully aware that it is Albert's reign and that it is not the same as his father's. And what I will say is this - change does not necessarily mean better.

I just showed the pics to Mom and she noticed Charlene looking tired and fragile as well, but something else popped into my mind...

For all who are not happy w/the colour of the dress, what if she went w/that incredible blue in the thought of it underneath those vivid three colours of the Order Sash would really make the Order Sash stand out in the photos? If she'd worn red, it would have blended in too much, if green the barbs about Christmas colours in the Summer would be everywhere. That blue truly does make the Order Sash pop and draws the eye to it right off the bat. As should be, as the Presentation of this Order is the reason for the event and the more I think of, the more it makes sense.

Just something to consider.

Oh and as for the Sash's fit two things...

Easy to get the drape right when it's being pinned to your clothing in the front and back.

The biggie though...I have yet to see an Order Sash of any kind, regardless of the body shape, that drapes properly on a Princess/Queen who is carrying a....sizeable bump. (trying to say that in a nice non snarky way was not easy, but I hope I pulled it off.). It just does not work or look good. Crown Princess Victoria at The Nobel Banquet while pregnant w/Estelle is the most recent example I can think of.

So yes, the drape is off, but it also perfectly proves just how good a job the photo angles and draping of the dress did in hiding the true size of the bump.

Once again, just something to consider. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom