Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: April 2013 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Maybe she does; some people do. None of us really has any idea. We're just speculating.

It can't be easy to always 'get it right' for the occasion. One moment something very solemn and serious, and the next an environment where she obviously feels more at ease. But I agree, she did look rather miserable on that balcony...

Time to move on and to stop speculating. Thank you!

:previous: I think it's rather a serious face expression, the Holy Friday procession is a serious, sad event, none to smile or to joyfully wave from the balcony. And the camera flashes in the dark have their effects on the look of the eyes, so I wouldn't read too much into pics from that distance.

I think that you are right. The pictures are not so clear and it us for a solemn observance of Christ's passion and death.

The place of the palace was in the dark like the streets of Monaco, the palace was also in the dark apart the balcony where the couple is standing, it is a tradition, , The couple was also in the dark, it is the lights of flashes who did this effect about the eyes, holy friday is the day of the death of the christ and there are not waves , there are only prayers. In Monaco Matin, there is a photo of the couple hand in hand watching the procession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUXTPIz0S4U

Here is the atmosphere., I think it is not useful to speculate

Nice video. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

Melina, the couple are not "in the darK' as you put it.

Sheesh, if Albert and Charlene looked that glum because it was Good Friday in memory of Christ suffering, what WAS Charlene doing attending the tennis function on the same day, all smiles in the photos taken? Where did the passion for Christ disappear? Wouldn't it have been reasonable to devote ONE WHOLE DAY to Christ, it being Good Friday?

:previous: Oh for heavens sake . . . I think that Melina's video more than explained the tone of the event.

Having to "front up" on Good Friday is one of the unfortunate sides of being Royal. The Principality has hosting the tennis and the royals need to be seen to attend. I did not see Charlene bouncing around like a kid on caffeine, grinning like a cheshire cat, she seemed quite reserved in fact.

As to your questions and statements, please don't yell. You have more than made you opinion of Charlene and the royal couple quite plain. As Abraham Lincoln so sagely stated, “If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Well said, Marg, all this nitpicking is quite unnecessary

:previous: Oh for heavens sake . . . I think that Melina's video more than explained the tone of the event.

Having to "front up" on Good Friday is one of the unfortunate sides of being Royal. The Principality has hosting the tennis and the royals need to be seen to attend. I did not see Charlene bouncing around like a kid on caffeine, grinning like a cheshire cat, she seemed quite reserved in fact.

As to your questions and statements, please don't yell. You have more than made you opinion of Charlene and the royal couple quite plain. As Abraham Lincoln so sagely stated, “If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Neither did I.

Well said, Marg, all this nitpicking is quite unnecessary

Nitpicking is not disagreeing. I'm merely posting what I saw:

Charlene looked excellent at the tennis function. And she looked miserable on the balcony. - These are my opinions.

Why should someone accept my opinion that she looked excellent at the tennis thingy, yet go for my character when I post she looked miserable? - Yes, I know the answer; if someone agrees, he/she is a great person, but if he/she disagrees, he/she is a bad person.

Ding dong!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this recent discussion highlights one of the real disadvantages of living in the public eye today. All we have seen are two photographs: images of, say, 1/60th or maybe 1/125th of a second in Charlene's life. Just think about how much a person's expression can change in a minute, much less a second, and then think about that tiny amount of time captured in the photograph. I would hate people to be judging me based on my expression in one instant yet it happens to the royals and other celebrities all the time.

I am guilty of doing the same thing, but, really, we should not judge a person's mood based on what we see in one photographic image. Video footage is a different matter, but one photograph? No.

I'll try and remember this the next time I am tempted to do it.

Last edited:
I agree that pictures are only pictures. I don't think that moods change that quickly. With people in the public eye should they remain as neutral as possible whenever? I'm undecided, because I like people showing feelings, and royals are mere mortals with feelings.

One thing that happens with people in the public eye is that people will have opinions about them, and they are also exposed to pictures being taken of them. As a result, there are thousands of pictures of them available on the net.

If we have a board where people can post opinions, their opinions can only be based on what they see, read or hear.

If it's fine to comment on how someone looks, people must be able to do that. Unless there's a rule that only positive comments are allowed. To me, it's equally valid to say "someone looks excellent" and "someone looks glum".

Either way, I don't think those opinions are judgements of any sort. "Judging someone" is something far sinister, and is a conclusion of someone's character. It's a whole different kettle of fish.

I think this recent discussion highlights one of the real disadvantages of living in the public eye today. All we have seen are two photographs: images of, say, 1/60th or maybe 1/125th of a second in Charlene's life. Just think about how much a person's expression can change in a minute, much less a second, and then think about that tiny amount of time captured in the photograph. I would hate people to be judging me based on my expression in one instant yet it happens to the royals and other celebrities all the time.

I am guilty of doing the same thing, but, really, we should not judge a person's mood based on what we see in one photographic image. Video footage is a different matter, but one photograph? No.

Very well put, Roslyn -- I couldn't agree more. I, too, am guilty of forming an opinion too quickly, based on too little. In the case of this balcony appearance it was unsubstantiated.

A new photo of the couple taken when they attended the procession of the ' vendredi Saint at the the balcony of the palace

http://www.palais.mc/medias_upload/vos_fichiers/Phototeque/Couple_princier_19.jpg

official visit of the president of the Montenegro, the president of the Montenegro will do an official visit with her wife to Monaco on may 6th. He will be received at the palace with the honors Prince Albert willl talk with him and Princess Charlene will receive the wife of the président and talk about their own humanitary actions and than they will joine their husbands for a cocktail and an official diner in the palace.

Monaco: visite officielle du président du Monténégro mardi - France 3 Côte d’Azur

Charlene was quite bundled up. Perhaps she was not feeling well. Or prhaps she was informed of something that made her sad. In any case, her demeanor, from the photos, was appropriate for the occasion.

Well, she certainly looks a whole lot LESS 'miserable' on this picture than the two others we previously saw...

?? that's nice, given some of what you've commented about the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. To wit,

It has been my observation in respect of events over the last couple of years that each of them appears happier at events they attend alone, and that Kate appears far more confident when William is not around. When they are together he seems to neglect her and not provide the sort of support and encouragement I would expect.

Melina, it's not you, it's the programme; "humanitarian engagements/ commitments"? Hello! - I can just visualise two ladies in comfy chairs, wearing the latest fashion pieces, and one saying to the other "What did you do for humanity and mankind last week, love? There's so much to do, isn't there, luv!"

I like her hair like that. The dress looks sporty (reminds me of Adidas) and modern, a bold choice but it worked, she looks great.

Are they visiting for just one day?

from Facebook The Riviera Times (they have a incorrect headline though "Photos of the Princely couple's official visit to Montenegro", the visit is by the President of Montenegro and his wife in Monaco)

The pictures of the palace are impressive, and the palace seems very beautiful. I particularly enjoy the colours used in construction of the palace.

Another year, another country...This exhibition has visited so many places - I wonder when it will eventually come home.

Another year, another country...This exhibition has visited so many places - I wonder when it will eventually come home.

Ah okay, i didn't know that :flowers: Would have been nice if it was in Monaco during the Cannes filmfestival as a counterweight to *that* movie :)

Well I am only guessing that it is the same exhibition which although it has some changing features in each venue, is based on the one that was originally shown in MONACO in 2007.

With the recent Swedish official visit in our mind, let us hope that also this official visit will see white tie and grand jewels... Het Loo Palace is a truly stunning venue for such a banquet, for sure when guests arrive at a wonderful pre-summer evening, in that beautiful low sunlight which sets the palace and the gardens in a breathtaking light. Fingers crossed people!

Pic of the palace were the diner will be held (source photoshelter.com): http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I00001iwVmSgAmsk/s/900/900/SMS-20110630-117-A3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom