Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: April 2013 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is true, but I agree about Albert being a hardworking royal and he has certainly built more of an international profile with his involvement in environmental projects and his Olympic role. He does travel a lot but needs to as Monaco is a very tiny state. He is constantly promoting his country ensuring it has a profile on the world stage.

And why shouldn't they attend if they were invited to an event? Surely they are allowed to attend events in their private capacities, which I think was the case...no need to analyze and criticise every move they make...

Too many people need to be negative when they don't know the back story on the invitation. Judge not.

Doesn't PA have ties to Dallas? I heard on a syndicated radio show out of Dallas that he was always there pre-marriage.

Anyway, it is very odd that they were there. Usually commemorative events will invite dignitaries, but they usually don't invite all foreign royalty. There's got to be something more to this...

Americans feel such sadness about President Kennedy's assassination. Princess Grace did admire the president. The Kelly family did know the Kennedy family. Grace's father was involved in politics as was her brother. Princess Caroline did on one occasion that I read about, meet some of the Kennedy's. Grace met Jacqueline socially on several occasions. Why is it out if place for Prince Albert to pay his respects at such a solemn remembrance. His mother died suddenly and tragically so I think Albert is empathetic to the Kennedy's loss.

Wendy Leigh is a British writer who puts out very salacious and gossipy books about famous people. Her book "Grace Kelly's Men" paints the late Princess in a very sordid light indeed. If Grace nailed even some of the men Leigh says she did, I have no idea how she had time to achieve such a successful career.:ohmy: She never seemed to get dressed and leave the bedroom, according to Leigh. Her book about JFK Jr.(American Prince) was so silly and semi-factual I giggled all the way through!:lol:

Exactly right Moonmaiden. Salacious silly smut stories sell books and make the gossip columns. Truth is sometimes simple and ordinary. I don't believe all the garbage printed about Grace.

Yes casualfan, Albert spent many vacations in Texas before his marriage. Lynn Wyatt was a close friend of his parents and she lived in Texas. Regarding any coolness between Jacqueline and Grace, well Aristotle Onassis and Prince Rainier battled over the control of Monaco. Onassis owned many of the shares and controlled the SBM. Rainier managed to gain control over the SBM and control over his principality. Onassis had given Rainier a yacht for his wedding gift. They were friends but that ended with the battle over the SBM

The day President Kennedy was assassinated Monaco was having a fair and Grace was photographed shooting a toy rifle at a carnival game. The headlines for the unfortunate photo was that Grace was insensitive to Kennedy's assassination Grace was so offended and the palace had to point out that Monaco was hours ahead of Dallas and that the photo of Grace was taken hours before JFK was killed. Grace had to deal with the cruel story for many years She did know and respect JFK. It is appropriate for Prince Albert and Princess Charlene to show Monaco's respect to President Kennedy, all of America is.

Last edited:

On December 1st Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended a gala dinner organized by the House of Scotland at the Hermitage in Monaco.

** Pic **

On December 1st Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended a gala dinner organized by the House of Scotland at the Hermitage in Monaco.

** Pic **

That would appear to be a winter wonderland of single malt! :lol: And they appear to be holding hands!

Nice tux P Albert is wearing. Something different...

Prince Albert's great-great grandmother was from Scotland (Princess Mary Victoria) so good on him for joining the party. Princess Charlene is of partial British ancestry so she probably has some Scots in her background somewhere too. Not a bad idea to start making friends now just in case Scotland decides to go "independent" next year too:scotflag:

:monacostandard::monacoflag:

I knew that Prince Albert and Princess Charlene would attend, I wouldn't ever have imagined they wouldn't.

Princesses Caroline and especially Stephanie were great admirers of his as well. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them also attend.

I knew that Prince Albert and Princess Charlene would attend, I wouldn't ever have imagined they wouldn't.

Princesses Caroline and especially Stephanie were great admirers of his as well. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them also attend.

HSH Princess Charlene is also patron of the Nelson Mandela Foundation, no?

I am not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me!

Newspaper of Nice Matin is not right

here is the real announce of the palace

Communiqué du Palais Princier suite au décès de Mr Nelson Mandela [mise à jour] / News / Monaco dans le Monde / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

princesse Charlene will be in South Africa to participat to the ceremonies from december 10th and prince Albert will join her to attend to attend the Funeral of Nelson mandela on december 15th

But you just said exactly what Marty91charmed said, how what Nice Matin is not correct then? They, as well, said Charlene will go to South Africa on 12/10 and Albert will join her on 12/15...
Both Nice Matin and the announcement you posted say exactly same thing.

Le couple princier de Monaco en Afrique-du-Sud pour les obsèques de Nelson Mandela | Monaco | Nice-Matin
Charlene will travel to SA tomorrow, while Albert will reach for her the 15th, the day of Mandela's funeral

P Charlene is patron of both organisations mentioned. See melina's post (573) in P Charlene's thread for a full list of her involvement in various organisations.

The Palais Princer confirms the departure of Albert. My French is quite poor but it seems Charlene stayed at phone with Mandela's family. They add there will be a commemoration mass the 17th december at 5. pm in Monaco.
You can find the original statement at the facebook page of Palais Princier.

Yes, I post on the board about the tribute of Mandela the announce of the palace. it says that Prince Albert will attend to the funeral. As there

excuse me . as there are difficulties to go by road and to fly to Qunu, Prince Albert will go with the help of the logistics of the french autorities. princess Charlene who represented the princely family to the memorial ceremony of nelson mandela on december 10th called the family of Nelson Mandela yesterday and will come on the grave of Nelson mandela at Qunu in the coming weeks.
There will be a mass in tribute of the former president on december 17th at 5 pm with the presence of the princely couple.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Princess Charlene won't be attending the funeral service in Qunu today with Prince Albert? How disappointing... :(

I think it is going to be chaotic - a good decision

Then why does Albert attend? Charlene was already there. If Albert is attending, so should she.

No she doesn't HAVE to. He will have made the decision.

Then why does Albert attend? Charlene was already there. If Albert is attending, so should she.

I actually think what they did(are doing) is a better and more practical solution. Charlene attended the memorial service-which frankly came off a bit disorganized and informal,- and Albert as Head of State will attend the more official service tomorrow.

I think it would be bedlam if all the Heads-of-State attended with their spouses.

According to one of the largest Sunday papers in South Africa, Rapport, PC is on the list of accredited guests today -- along with PA. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I certainly hope that she's going to be there.

Yesterday, there was an announce saying that prince Albert will attend the funeral of N Mandela. There are difficulties to go or to fly to Qunu and french autorities will help the Prince Albert to go to Qunu with their logitics. princess Charlene who represented the princely family to the memorial ceremony on, december 10th, called the family of Nelson mandela yesterday and she will go to Qunu in the coming weeks. The palace added that there will be a mass at the cathedral of Monaco on december 17th at 5pm with the presence of the princely couple.
Déplacement de S.A.S. le Prince Albert II de Monaco à Qunu pour les funérailles de Nelson Mandela / News / Monaco dans le Monde / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco
in this announce we read that Albert has very difficulties to go to Qunu and with the help of the french logistics, he could go to the funural Charlene gives up to go , as the palace says it she already represented the princely family on december 10th for the memorial ceremony. She will go to Qunu in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom