Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for the Current Events of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene!

The old thread can be found here:

** Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Thank you melina premiere for all the informations! And great to see the video on the red carpet. Shame on german tv :bang: for not showing them!!!

The party the night before the Oscars, Charlene looks very nice and bright-eyed. Charlene had been at other functions before the Oscars. She must have been tired when Oscar night finally came round.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Princess Charlene and not Princess Charlene Wittstock. The press won't get it. That's annoying :bang::bang::bang:

They went to the Govenour's Ball after the Oscars and that's alot harder to get into than the Oscars. Also Vanity Fair party.

No. Albert went. Charlene didn't attend.
I guess she was too tired to go along with him.

The party the night before the Oscars, Charlene looks very nice and bright-eyed. Charlene had been at other functions before the Oscars. She must have been tired when Oscar night finally came round.

Yes, she looks great. I like her outfit, it reminds me of a dress she wore recently but this looks like a skirt and top / jacket. ?

All those parties before the big event must have been very tiring. It reminds me of when Grace & Rainier got married. A week of parties before the wedding itself left Grace exhausted.

I guess their trip wasn't planned that well or the scedule (back from Monaco) didn't allow an early flight to L.A. to get used to the time difference of 9 hours and the flight of at least 10 or 11 hours also isn't any help.

Last edited:
Charlene was with Albert at the governeur party, we have a photo on daylife showing Albert entering in the hall, Charlène is just behind, we saw only her back and her hair.
they were also at an another party, Newscom has photos showing them walking hand in hand very relaxed entering into this party.
THese photos are exclusive photos but you can watch them on newscom, you writte Monaco in the case, they are on the page 3 after sainte devote photos.
If somebody can send them?

Photo from Getty Images
the photo of albert and charlène (just before) entering in the hall at the governer party.

Oooops. I was just about to post the picture.
Sorry, first time I see Charlene there :whistling:

The only party which I haven't seen any photos of Charlene is at The Weinstein Company After Party. For that one I only saw photos of Albert. I'm wondering if the newscom photos are from the same party cause they were at the same place the Mondrian Hotel

Albert @ TWC Photo from Getty Images

Albert and Charlene at "The Artist" after party http://i44.tinypic.com/5dsa5h.jpg

ETA: yep it is. The Weinstein Company produced " The Artist" so it must be the same after party!

Last edited:
I guess their trip wasn't planned that well or the scedule (back from Monaco) didn't allow an early flight to L.A. to get used to the time difference of 9 hours and the flight of at least 10 or 11 hours also isn't any help.

Yes, jet lag can be very debilitating. I'm surprised that they looked as well as they did.

Very informative. Thanks, melina. :flowers: My husband would love Albert (well, he does anyway) with his request for casual dress, no ties for the guys. 1 ;)

Looks like PA's trip to LA was successful. Got lots of good LA press and met many A-list stars and execs. Also already knew many. It won't hurt that Monaco was just picked the most desirable location for high net-worth individuals to live and visit by the London Financial Times.

Looks like PA's trip to LA was successful. Got lots of good LA press and met many A-list stars and execs. Also already knew many. It won't hurt that Monaco was just picked the most desirable location for high net-worth individuals to live and visit by the London Financial Times.

Successful in what sense? I´d like to know what press your read or if you make it up in your imagination. I only read how out of place they were and how NOT good she looked, in spite of having everything at her disposal. Most of the LA press was moking the couple. I´m sorry if you are making PR here, but you are not being entirely objective.

Successful in what sense? I´d like to know what press your read or if you make it up in your imagination. I only read how out of place they were and how NOT good she looked, in spite of having everything at her disposal. Most of the LA press was moking the couple. I´m sorry if you are making PR here, but you are not being entirely objective.

Do you have links to any of these negative articles. ?

Funny, most of what I read here in the States, seemed to find them charming and her beautiful and elegant. In fact, she made the pages of the best dressed at the awards in several magazines, including People. Where did you dig up your news from?

I am really a big fan of Charlène but I didn't like her dress and hair there !

Yes indeed, I have read only postive things. How very curious that some people seem to believe there were negatives. I too, would like to see the links to those comments.

This is not good! Charlene could do so much better! the dress is messy and almost too casual, her hair and make up make her lace wedding dress look washed out! and her posture does not indicate olympic swimmer!

Princess Charlene Of Monaco Attends 2012 Oscars Wearing Akris Gown | Fashion Culture

OMG. OMG!!! I just got around to looking at photos of Princess Charlene and Prince Albert on the Oscars red carpet, and I cannot even believe what I’m seeing. Was Charlene actually CRYING on the red carpet?

http://www.celebitchy.com/category/charlene_wittstock/

I need someone to explain to me why Prince Albert and Charlene were there. I mean is not only plain weird, but she was looking as sad and desperate as every other time. Why would you like to flaunt that horrible pathetic look on your face in such a public event?
Fashion is the art

Charlene Wittstock, the Princess of Monaco, hid her willowy figure in a loose-fitting white gown. The former swimmer's pose lacked the confidence required to pull off such an overwhelming neckline

Charlene Wittstock - Best & Worst Dressed at the 2012 Oscars - StyleBistro

Lovely. A site called "Celeb-Bitchy", which speaks for itself, a site that thought Angelina whomever, who has a bar code tattoed on her arm,amongst other hideous tattoes, looked good, as opposed to many other sites, which loved Charlene's look, are your proof. Well, I have liked other gowns on Charlene, too. But she looked lovely. You never miss a chance to throw mud at Charlene. Never have you said one positive thing about her or Albert, so why do you persist on this site, except to insult. Why am I disrespectful?

The LA Times, Variety(the bible of Hollywood) and the Beverly Hills Courier gave PA and PC nice articles. What more do you want?

Personal arguments have been deleted, please use the private message system for such discussions instead!

I think we can agree that a big event like the Oscars causes as many negative as positive articles, we can find
examples for both and can leave it at that regarding a final evaluation!

Yikes, I honestly didn't even watch the Oscars (haven't watched them since I was a child), so I missed out on Prince Albert & Princess Charlene. :( :huh:

Hope they had a good time, but judging by the pictures Charlene didn't seem to. :( I've seen her way happier when she's with children, or in South Africa, and especially at the Church St. Devote with the developmentally disabled adults. :heart:

I guess if one looks hard enough, one can find anything to support an hypothesis.

For my part, I did see pictures of Charlene and Albert in the already mentioned People and US Magazine (which are two big weekly tabloids in the States). Charlene's dress might have been rated on another US website that rates the best and worst dresses during the Hollywood Award season.

So as far as the press goes, it was worth a brief mention. Again from my perspective they went as fans which is alright but since no one really knew who they were, I didnt see any negative (or rather any notice at all) press attention from the regular gossip blogs that I read. And considering that only a handful were referenced to support the original statement, I think we can call it a draw.

Last edited:
This dress Charlene wore to Oscars was really bad. It was just hanging on her like potato bag, I couldn't believe it was Arkis. Her hair was even worse, it make her looking like a man. I watched Oscars this year, I saw PA & CW only briefly, they were barely noticed. Well. America has own royals, these are celebrities. On the other had, if they were P. William & P. Kate, they would be noticed, but Albert & Charlene? They are unknown in the U.S.

Lakshmi, they were interviewed on the red carpet and shown 2 or 3 times during the show. That's more than most of the nominees. They had really good seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom