Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
william looked fine at his wedding, but i don't think albert will look good. the uniform is white, and it will maybe look fatter than he is.

with that sad and scary eyes you see her dynamic????

No, Albert does not have a boyish physique, because he is no longer a boy. It is not terribly important how he looks, but I think he will make a fine looking groom and a darned good husband.

If indeed NO member of the Spanish Royal Family attends this wedding of a reigning Catholic sovereign, then it would be quite inexplicable and a snub of major proportions.

The late Queen Victoria Eugenia was Prince Albert's godmother, relations between the Borbons and the Grimaldis remained friendly even at a time when most European Royals tended to ignore them, and various Grimaldis attended Prince Felipe's wedding... which makes this decision not to send a single representative all the more surprising, to put it very mildly.

I agree. And I hope that this article is mistaken. :sad:

The spanish media writes that no one of the SRF will attend to the Monaco wedding, because the invitations are send to the heads of State only, because Albert is a head of State. Since king Juan Carlos has not yet recovered from his surgery and hasn´t returned to work yet, so no one of the SRF will attend the wedding.
Informativos Telecinco.com - La Familia Real no irá a la boda de Alberto de Mónaco
Ni los Reyes ni los Príncipes asistirán a la boda de Mónaco - ABC.es

This sounds weird, because Norway is represented by Haakon and Mette-Marit.
Kongehuset

Last edited:
Indeed: This reason given does not make sense.
The monarch's invitation to an occasion like this one is definitely expected to be handed over to other members of the royal family who act as the monarch's representatives if s/he is unable to attend.

It's a bizarre explanation that makes no sense. If only heads of State are invited, how to explain the presence of the entire Belgian and Swedish Royal families?

The only other European RF I can think of who will not be represented at all is the Greek.

Perhaps there has been some sort of rift.

I am wondering if the King has more health problems that is being told. Earlier the press said that Prince Philippe and Letizia would be going. Or maybe their is a political problem with them going to glitzy Monaco when Spain's economy is in such poor shape.

I think the King is either very, very ill or perhaps near death. I would not go to a wedding out of the country if my father was in danger of dying. I'm sure Filipe wouldn't either. I'm sure a private conversation has been had between Spain and Monaco in this matter.

I am wondering if the King has more health problems that is being told. Earlier the press said that Prince Philippe and Letizia would be going. Or maybe their is a political problem with them going to glitzy Monaco when Spain's economy is in such poor shape.

I suppose that could be it......:ermm:

But couldn't one of the Infantas attend so at least someone from the SRF is there?
The two families are known to be friendly, and as someone else pointed out both Catholic(monarchy and Principality)

The entire thing sounds suspect.

Last edited:
I suppose that could be it......:ermm:

But couldn't one of the Infantas attend so at least someone from the SRF is there?
The two families are known to be friendly, and as someone else pointed out both Catholic(monarchy and Principality)

The entire thing sounds suspect.

Its very,very odd that there will no one from the Spanish Royal Family present?

What is going on a Zarzuela?

The only straw that I can grasp at(other than some sort of rift between the families, which I don't believe btw) is that the sensitive political situation in Spain would become even more tense if members of the SRF were seen to be enjoying themselves at two very high profile weddings in such a short space.

The economy in Spain(as in much of the West) is in dire shape, and if Spaniards saw the heir and his wife or even other members of La Familia Real quaffing champagne and living it up with extremely wealthy wedding guests on the French Riviera it might not go over well at all.

It's a stretch, but it is the only thing I could come up with.

I think you've got something there, Moonmaiden !

I take it the barricades are still up in Madrid ?

If so, the Court would be foolish to allow LFR to attend such an opulent event.

Well, Felipe is reported to be sailing in Valencia on Saturday. Hardly anything that can be called "low profile" with regard to bad economy.

Oh God...BARRICADES??!:ohmy:

I didn't know anything about that.

I think you've got something there, Moonmaiden !

I take it the barricades are still up in Madrid ?

If so, the Court would be foolish to allow LFR to attend such an opulent event.

If they don't send anyone it will look even more bizzare,especially as every other Royal House (reigning & non reigning) will have at least someone there .

WoW! The weekend before her wedding, Charlene was in Athens (Prince was at home) for the Special Olympics opening ceremonies. Such confidence. I'm proud of her.

I'm proud of Albert too, for including her in official events once she became his fiancee.

Last edited:
Well,maybe the spanish royals are still holding some grudge towards Prince Albert after he questioned Madrid's capacity to host the olympic because of some security issue,but that incident already happened years ago.In any case,their non attendance is still bizarre coz they might be the only reigning family without any representation to this wedding,which I think is awkward to say the least.

The economic situation of Spain,could also be one of the reason as MoonMaiden already stated.There are strikes and barricades at Puerta del Sol because of the proposed cuts on spanish spending.It would'nt be nice to the taxpayers to see their royal family sipping champagne,partying for two days with all their fineries while the country and the common people are experiencing some major economic changes.

But also bear in mind that when Queen Victoria of Spain and family were overthrown from Spain,the Grimaldis were one of the few families who accomodated them by giving the old Queen a Villa in Monaco to be used every summer,rent free.The Grimaldis were also very generous towards the former King Constantin of Greece(and sister of Queen Sofia of Spain) when the same thing happened.

Well,maybe the spanish royals are still holding some grudge towards Prince Albert after he questioned Madrid's capacity to host the olympic because of some security issue,but that incident already happened years ago.In any case,their non attendance is still bizarre coz they might be the only reigning family without any representation to this wedding,which I think is awkward to say the least.

The economic situation of Spain,could also be one of the reason as MoonMaiden already stated.There are strikes and barricades at Puerta del Sol because of the proposed cuts on spanish spending.It would'nt be nice to the taxpayers to see their royal family sipping champagne,partying for two days with all their fineries while the country and the common people are experiencing some major economic changes.

But also bear in mind that when Queen Victoria of Spain and family were overthrown from Spain,the Grimaldis were one of the few families who accomodated them by giving the old Queen a Villa in Monaco to be used every summer,rent free.The Grimaldis were also very generous towards the former King Constantin of Greece(and sister of Queen Sofia of Spain) when the same thing happened.

Similar economic situation in the Republic of Ireland but the President & her husband are going!

Its all very,very bizzare :sad:

:previous:

It's not surprising that internet mistakes are persistent and get copied again and again.

Moonmaiden23, I also still remain sure that it's been Prince Louis de Polignac :)
It has been in every book I have read. I also found these
Monaco, Rivera Magazine MadforMonaco also has it correct as several other sites. It also use to be on the original Palace site.

That's Monaco for you !

Some snippets: The giant screens will be out - not only on the 1st and the second, but also the third.

And the buses will be free over the weekend.

Similar economic situation in the Republic of Ireland but the President & her husband are going!

Its all very,very bizzare :sad:

As in almost every european countries and yet they are sending representatives.Very very bizarre indeed.
Also,the Spanish media should also quit with their "'no other hereditary princes are going to attend"' cause they are just going to make the spanish royal look silly if other royals from other countries do attend the wedding.

To quote Shakespeare,Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Anyway,as long as the bride and groom are present and my favourite Princess Mary of Denmark is there,I'm a happy camper lol:flowers:

Last edited:

Well I don't know what has happened to the Greek/Monaco "friendship"...the Greeks sent NO ONE to PA's enthronement that I am aware of, and no one from Monaco was in attendance at Prince Nikolaos wedding last summer either.

Also at King Constantine's high profile birthday party late last year...again.
No show from MONACO!:sad:

Last edited:
maybe a detail but is it a princely wedding or a royal wedding?
AFAIK royal comes from rex from in Latin relating to a king.
I know that in monaca it's called a princely wedding but then why is everyone else calling it a royal wedding? :S

As in almost every european countries and yet they are sending representatives.Very very bizarre indeed.
Also,the Spanish media should also quit with their "'no other hereditary princes are going to attend"' cause they are just going to make the spanish royal look silly if other royals from other countries do attend the wedding.

To quote Shakespeare,Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Anyway,as long as the bride and groom are present and my favourite Princess Mary of Denmark is there,I'm a happy camper lol:flowers:

Good Quote except it Something is rotten at the Palace of Zarzuela !

maybe a detail but is it a princely wedding or a royal wedding?
AFAIK royal comes from rex from in Latin relating to a king.
I know that in monaca it's called a princely wedding but then why is everyone else calling it a royal wedding? :S

Its not a Royal Wedding as Monaco is a Principality & not a Kingdom,so technically its a Princely Wedding.

If people want to call it a Royal Wedding that can do so but its not correct ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Monaco readies for royal nuptials | euronews, Monaco Wedding

No Grace, but plenty of style | euronews, world news

YouTube - ‪Mariage à Monaco‬‏

streaming live - news | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand

Euro NEWS SCHEDULE [AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH TOO]
June 29, 2011: A special about the up-coming events, a portrait of the couple, the wedding preparations, and much more.

June 30, 2011: A long segment about the wedding including who the guests will be, the menu, the wedding dress. Merchandising at the wedding, last minute preparations and an interview with J.M. Jarre.

July 1, 2011: 5pm the civil wedding will be broadcast live from the Throne Room at the Palais Princier de Monaco.

5:50pm: Live balcony appearance the Brass Band will play “Charlene’s Anthem” for the first time. Then on the giant screens in the Palais square the AC monogram will appear.

6pm: Live cocktail reception at the Palais square No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary

8pm: Reception at the port No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary

10pm: Jean Michel Jarre concert at Port Hercule

No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary

July 2, 2011: Live beginning at 5pm

6:30pm: CET Live- the driveby through Monaco in their new Lexus.

9pm: Guests arrive for dinner No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary

10pm: Fireworks No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary

July 3, 2011: Re-cap of the entire two-day wedding extravaganza on Euronews.

Ningún miembro de la Familia Real española asistirá a la boda de Albe | Noticias hola.com

So apparently, no member of the SPANISH ROYAL FAMILY will be attending? All I can say is : Let them eat cake, and stay at home. Life will go on with or without them!

euronews | Wedding of Albert II, Prince of Monaco, and Charlene Wittstock

Last edited by a moderator:
The Carpet - again...

It is 550 square metres. It is decorated with lace. The designer is Jan Kath. Albert likes it.

The 300 pieces will be auctioned by Christie's, and framed.

Based on the text above, I think the carpet will be RED and decorated with white LACE. But I could be wrong.

When are they officially married after the the civil ceremony on the 1 July or after the religious ceremony on the 2 July....if it takes the two ceremonies for them to be a 'married couple' I wonder what the sleeping arrangments will be on the Friday night...just a thought:whistling:

The civil ceremony is necessary to show that two Monegasque citizens have got married under Monegasque Law.

The religious ceremony shows that a couple is getting married according to the Rites of the Roman Catholic Church.

Civil Law and Church Law are both necessary.
(Not just in Monaco, but many other countries.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom