Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
As Albert is a very modern Souvereign, I expect, that things like live-streaming will happen -- they surely will not yet announce it TODAY. But we already know, that the wedding ceremony will be broadcasted and will be made available on large screens all around Monaco, so the way to do some life-stream in the internet is not far away.
BYe Bine

Will Albert have a best man and will Charlene have a maid of honour?

Albert and Charlene must have one or two witness person(s) for each ceremonies, civil ceremony and religious ceremony

In this cover of Point de Vue you can see a little drawning of how it's going to be decorated the place Albert has chosen to marry.
http://i51.tinypic.com/1431e2p.jpg

I hope that they have good weather in July, that is the risk for an outdoor wedding. With the odd weather patterns that the earth has been having who knows? What is the reason for no wedding inside of St. Nicholas Cathedral? It should have been big enough for all of the guests. The courtyard couldn't be bigger that the inside of the cathedral.

the cathedral of monaco can receive only 800 persons, there wil be many persons who will be at this weedding, the family, the personalities, the goverment, of monaco, the hight personalities of monaco wiill be in the courtyard and there will be others persons on the place of Palace. The courtyard is bigger than you can imagine. For the weather, it is always fine and hot at the beginning of july and there will be a big velum to protect the guests from heat and eventually of the rain.I am surprised that american people said why it is not in a cathedral.To celebrate weedding in USA is usual in this country and is also beautiful than inside a cathedral.For the princely weedding, it will fine because the courtyard is beautiful and there will be the sea behind for the pictures on tbe place. THe palace already knows how many persons will attend
For the weather, I hope that there will not be raining For William and Kate because they must take cutch without roof and it is raining often in april, it will be damage that we cannoy see them outside like Victoria and Daniel

We don't know if she has converted but she seems to be on the road of becoming catholic, Prince Albert said in the interview where they were together that she can stay chretien, but it is the things they see further, by watching the entire ceremony of the national fest, I sew her signing with blessing oil at the entry of the cathedral, sknelled with All the princely family, those things that Prince Ernst of Hanovre did not make, last years only Prince Albert knelled the others princess Caroline, princess Stephanie and prince of hanover stayed up. This year they knelled all together but this year only Prince Albert had "communie". She went at all the ceremonies of Sainte Devote and she will offer the her flowers brunch to Sainte Devote,
not need of christening because she is christian . I think she will become catholic soon, but she had to learn all the rites which is not easy for a protestant

Perhaps this is not the first courtyard wedding in Monaco. Didn't Princess Caroline marry in the courtyard too? I don't remember any photographs with Philippe Junot inside of St. Nicholas Cathedral.

Yes, it was a weedding in open air and very private, there were not many photos of the ceremonies.Caroline was a very beautiful bride.
Point De vue said many details about the weedding. For the courtward, it would look like an amphitheater.The religious autel will take place between the two stairs. The clergymen will be on the two side on the stairs. Above there will be a soprano. the orchestra will be at each sides of the stairs. There will be two entries. Charlene will entry by the right aisle and Prince Albert entry by the center entry. there will be the blazon of the princely family and at each sides the blason of Charlene and the Blason of Prince Albert.
There will be many white flowers. and they speak about the flowers of 16 baskets of the bridegirls. They speak about the dinner which will take place at museum palace. They said that the guests will drink Champagne at 20h30 and the princely couple will arrive at 21h30, they speak about the dinner and the firework which will take place at 23h, it will last half anhour and after the ball will begin. I cannot say all the details about this weedding it will take me an entire page

I haven't posted in literally months, but I find as the date gets nearer I'm becoming more & more excited, just as I was for Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel Westling. :)

And now my first sight of that sketch of the wedding has my imagination running wild, lol, the endless possibilities, the excitement in the air, the hush as the prince & his soon-to-be princess take their vows, the opulence, the grandeur, and last but not least the family together as one, at last... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVI254QGSQ4

Here's hoping to see cousin cheek-to-cheek, sister cheek-to-cheek, et al, for that one stupendous moment when they all gather together for that special family photo with Prince Albert & Princess Charlene in the middle, whilst all about them on either side are their immediate family members. Like this one: http://www.truebritsjournal.co.uk/images/wedparty4.jpg

I'm especially hoping that the entire Princely Family takes a significant part in the wedding ~ like maybe 11 yr. old Princess Alexandra & her 12 yr. old cousin Camille as flower girls :) ~ and 17 yr. old Pauline & her 24 yr. old cousin Charlotte as bridesmaids/maids of honor, as the latter in royal history were almost always 16 yrs. of age or older (read here: Maid of Honour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) . And who knows maybe even all of Prince Albert's five nephews (including Caroline's two stepsons) can serve as the groomsmen. The possibilites are endless!!!!

Can't wait to finally see Charlene's side of the family as well, with her father walking her down the aisle, ahhh, and her two younger brothers perhaps acting as Prince Albert's groomsmen as well, in addition to his nephews. :)^)

Yes, it was a weedding in open air and very private, there were not many photos of the ceremonies.Caroline was a very beautiful bride.
Point De vue said many details about the weedding. For the courtward, it would look like an amphitheater.The religious autel will take place between the two stairs. The clergymen will be on the two side on the stairs. Above there will be a soprano. the orchestra will be at each sides of the stairs. There will be two entries. Charlene will entry by the right aisle and Prince Albert entry by the center entry. there will be the blazon of the princely family and at each sides the blason of Charlene and the Blason of Prince Albert.
There will be many white flowers. and they speak about the flowers of 16 baskets of the bridegirls. They speak about the dinner which will take place at museum palace. They said that the guests will drink Champagne at 20h30 and the princely couple will arrive at 21h30, they speak about the dinner and the firework which will take place at 23h, it will last half anhour and after the ball will begin. I cannot say all the details about this weedding it will take me an entire page

Ah, thank you so much for this! :flowers: It sounds so grand & awesome, can't wait to hear the beautiful music, and especially see whom were chosen as the 16 bridesmaids/girls?????

And the fireworks, and the ball!!!! I haven't been this excited since Crown Princess Victoria & her husband Prince Daniel's nupitials this past summer. :)

My big, fat Monégasque wedding :p
I´m very excited. The sketch on Point de Vue looks good. Hopefully the realization will be amazing :)

Which Palace Museum for the Wedding Banquet? On the media Information at the official Website they say the Wedding Banquet and Ball will be at the ocenographic Museum.

I don't like that they've released all this information. Where's the fun in waiting.

I am happy to know these news some people don't want to know, here there are many persons who wanted to know news of the weedding.English Palace gave also news on the british royal weedding
To answer to Stephan, yes the dinner and the ball will take place at the oceanographic museum, I forgot to say the name of the museum.

I don't like that they've released all this information. Where's the fun in waiting.
At last there are no annoucmenets about bridesmaids and bestmen like in the UK which i think should not be announced so early. And can you probably not keep these deatils like time and location of the Wedding Dinner secret until the Wedding Day.

Palace could not keep secret the location of the weedding because there will be many preparations in the hall and the main expo room before the weedding and people would have ask some questions, it is the same of the draws of the courtyard, they sent these draws to the workshops to make what they want and in France you cannot keep a secret.
After the civil weedding, Albert and Charlene will appear at the balcony of the palace and there will be coktail for the monegash people, it is said that they will be abble to see the weedding on the place of the palace with big TV plasma, and the prince Albert wants that they can see the arrivals of the heads of states, of his entry and of the entry of Charlene into the palace.

At last there are no annoucmenets about bridesmaids and bestmen like in the UK which i think should not be announced so early. And can you probably not keep these deatils like time and location of the Wedding Dinner secret until the Wedding Day.

I'm confused, are you addressing me? :ermm:

I can accept the announcement of attedants and maids of honour/best man etc. But the aisle locations, the flower decorations, music, drinks etc is too much. Leave something to the day.

It is a question of taste, here on this board many people want to know what will happen, I think it doesn't take off the surprise, we will be happy to see the two weeddings, we know what will happen to the weedding of William and Kate , I saw so many royal british weeddings from One of Princess Margaret, but for me it is also always very bautiful.
For the monegash weedding, there was no public weedding from the weedding of princess Grace and rainier.I never saw a open air weedding.
You could also not read the news and so you will be surprised.

I'm confused, are you addressing me? :ermm:

I can accept the announcement of attedants and maids of honour/best man etc. But the aisle locations, the flower decorations, music, drinks etc is too much. Leave something to the day.

The difference is that in Monaco this was not offically announced yet. Only press reports

Point De vue is a seriously newspaper, the palace makes officialy annouces, but it uses the newpapers like Nice Matin and Point De vue to make learn some details. In december, when they give official news about the weedding, there was in the same time many interviews of members very closed to the Palace stuff Mme Stalh, the advisor chief of the communication, the chief of the carabienieri, the head of the cookings team of the Palace, the chief of the opera and so... Point de Vue spoke already about the dinner and the ball at the ocean museum. and this annouce was officially this last week.
I think the palace gives the daws of the courtyard and also of museum to make know that the religious ceremony is as beautiful in open air than in a cathedral which is too small.The others news are for the people of Monaco which lives in Monaco and who wishes to want share this weedding with Prince Albert.

Here on this board some people critize the weedding,and now they have new about critize they say having too news.
I give you some news about this weedding, you make with it what you want or buy the newspaper The name is weedding suggestions or musings why then?

I think that, even with the best will in the world, one can only regard "Point de Vue" as a second "BUNTE", or any other women's magazine.

These types of magazine are constantly vying with each other for "news" of celebrities and aristocrats.

We don't know if she has converted but she seems to be on the road of becoming catholic, Prince Albert said in the interview where they were together that she can stay chretien, but it is the things they see further, by watching the entire ceremony of the national fest, I sew her signing with blessing oil at the entry of the cathedral, sknelled with All the princely family, those things that Prince Ernst of Hanovre did not make, last years only Prince Albert knelled the others princess Caroline, princess Stephanie and prince of hanover stayed up. This year they knelled all together but this year only Prince Albert had "communie". She went at all the ceremonies of Sainte Devote and she will offer the her flowers brunch to Sainte Devote,
not need of christening because she is christian . I think she will become catholic soon, but she had to learn all the rites which is not easy for a protestant
If Cw did not partake of the sacrament she cannot yet be Catholic...... learning the rites and taking the catechism are two different things > I just wish they would get on with it already if they have not..Also the amphitheatrical nuptials sound like Callas is going to Epidaurus amphitheater seating thousands and need no microphone and that CW is entering from what direction etc... makes her the "koryphee"[finally] But there is fine line between specatcular and extravaganza. I wish them good luck.

Last edited:
I too wish Charlene and Prince Albert good luck and much happiness, I so wish I could be there to see the wedding live! I wonder if Charlene has considered Vera Wang as her wedding dress designer. I loved the dress that she made for Donald Trump's daughter which was inspired by the gown that Princess Grace wore. But then again, maybe that is not such a good idea because that would invite even more comparisons between the two...I thought the dress was lovely though.

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner pose for wedding photos after ceremony at Trump National Golf Club

Dowry system

Would someone inform me as to how this system worked in the past? And is it still in use or has it been phased out?

Last edited by a moderator:
In Charlene's interview in South African on Carte Blanche > M-Net she confirmed that Armani will be making one of her dresses. I immediately thought that obviously, she will have different dresses for the civil and "religious" wedding outside the palace. Then, I began wondering if she might have a different dress for the reception. Any thoughts?

In Charlene's interview in South African on Carte Blanche > M-Net she confirmed that Armani will be making one of her dresses. I immediately thought that obviously, she will have different dresses for the civil and "religious" wedding outside the palace. Then, I began wondering if she might have a different dress for the reception. Any thoughts?
I wish CW would go with Armani all the way through. That way it will look unified and have a coherence about it.I was hoping that her trousseau would be by Armani and that she owuldrelease some skeches of suits or outfits he would design for her as Grace had done of her trousseau.

There are two ceremonys,one is civil on Friday,one is religious and it will be on Saturday, on friday, she will wear a dress and the to morrow she will wear her wedding dress, , (look the photo of the civil wedding of Princess Grace and look the photo of the religious, wedding), it did not change, it is the same thing.The bride wears the same dress when the religious ceremony follows the civil ceremony.
For the wedding, the schemas were given by the palace. The wedding will not be extravaganza, if we speak about the extravaganza, we could say that for the other royal weddings like the wedding of Princess Victoria. A part the cathedral. The royal guests entries, the entry of Victoria with father with trompettes, the songs with 2 singers, the flowers , the cutch, the boat on the river , when she arrives with Daniel at the Palace, the arrivals of the family in the dinner room with trompettes, the ball and so, why for one is it extravaganza and for the other, itisa marvellous wedding ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom