Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Panda gown is an evening gown. It is not a wedding gown. It could be used as a wedding gown (sans panda), but it is a BALL GOWN. A stroke of genius with the Panda.
You are incorrect it was a wedding gown. There was a lot of discussion on it back when she wore it. The press quoted a reliable source that Charlene was seen at the Palace trying on wedding gowns weeks before she wore the dress. There was a link to the designers collection and it showed the dress as a wedding gown. I know this because I posted it.

You are incorrect it was a wedding gown. There was a lot of discussion on it back when she wore it. The press quoted a reliable source that Charlene was seen at the Palace trying on wedding gowns weeks before she wore the dress. There was a link to the designers collection and it showed the dress as a wedding gown. I know this because I posted it.

I see. It may have started it's life as a wedding gown, but when she wore it, it was a ball gown -- and a good one at that. I like people with imagination.

Monaco's royals are getting a little bit of press here in Argentina. For example, now we have the Hola! magazine and Charlene have been featured when she made her first national day appearence. She and Albert also have been featured when they travelled to Egypt, Pierre have been featured when he went to punta del este with Bea...it's kind of odd, because here nobody talks about royalty. About the wedding, maybe Charlene or the pr people shouldnt have revealed that the wedding gown was going to be made by Armani...it's a significant detail, Armanis wedding dresses are all pretty much the same. It's like it's not going to be a surprise anymore, just like when she appeared in the balcony last year, no more surprises.

I wonder who will dress the other ladies (especially the young ones) and the mother of the bride. Caro will probably go with Chanel, as the house does an especially good job for her.

I see. It may have started it's life as a wedding gown, but when she wore it, it was a ball gown -- and a good one at that. I like people with imagination.
I'm sorry I should have mentioned it a singer actually used the dress before Charlene with a musical note of some type done in the same way. So, I gather that is where the idea came from.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I should have mentioned it a singer actually used the dress before Charlene with a musical note of some type done in the same way. So, I gather that is where the idea came from.
A Vegas..form and note of terpsichore- lovely idea Thanks Lady Mac.That's quite imaginative.

Last edited:
I agree that "small is beautiful", but, with the best will in the world, one can't expect to compare one of the top ten world powers (i.e. Britain) with the second smallest country in the world.

Therefore it stands to reason that many more viewers will know and support Wills & Kate's wedding.
Not certain of that as Kate and Wills do not have the magnetism that CW and Prince ALbert have. Catherine is hardly selling magazines. I live in the Commonwealth and at this time they were going bananas about Diana. Kate is not very inspiring.
I have read more and heard more about Pa and CW believe it or not. Charlene has at least said a bit about her gown her day what is what. Kate has not said or done much to inspire me to even get up and watch the televised ceremony. Maybe I will watch to see who goes and what theywear. In fact I will watch to see Pa and CW.
From "small" countries geographically sometimes we have had the biggest and most important contributions example "Greece"
That is why I think Monaco will shine on the day of the marriage.

Hhhmmm.... I still don't think Monaco could steal Britain's thunder.

Kate may well have a low(ish) profile now, but that will change. Most of us are focussed on William and the rest of the family.

I live in Edinburgh, just south of St. Andrew's where the couple first met as students. To us Scots, they are almost family.

I will probably catch some of the Monaco coverage on the Monaco website.

Kate may well have a low(ish) profile now, but that will change. Most of us are focussed on William and the rest of the family.

I live in Edinburgh, just south of St. Andrew's where the couple first met as students. To us Scots, they are almost family.

I am going to agree there is no way Monaco will get the following Britain will and is. I find very little about the Monaco wedding and Kate far out shines Charlene as an individual. Don't forget Albert is paying millions for advertisement for the wedding to bring in tourist and interest back to Monaco. Britain has no problem. When I look at photos of both couples the one I see very much in love is Will and Kate not Albert and Charlene. If Kate gets pregnant right away or around the time of Monaco's wedding I see Britain getting even more attention.

All I can say is: She'll learn, whether she likes it or not.

Learn what? One can't control the reactions of others. I hope she continues to evolve without cow-towing to the gossip mongers and the seemingly rampant objections to her and everything she wears, does or does not do.

I see...I would have liked the musical note as well. I guess that singer lifted the idea from my poodle skirt. LOL

Certain people will watch either or both weddings for whatever reasons.
However please do not tell me that Kate and Wills have the psychological appeal of PA and CW. Kate is a not very inspiring and although the monarchy there draws a huge GOtha does not mean the wedding itself is popularity contest.
Now Renata please they are not family to you at all.. you are getting carried away because if you were in Monaco you would be AT the wedding and invited - in Britain you can watch from the telly and between you and them there is a class difference that Monaco has bridged. I am going to prefer Monaco from an egalitarian basis and perspective. Pa is marrying an former Olympian athlete from a middle calss backround who is rising in our estimations. Catherine is doing zilch to her image and I do not believe that she will do so after marriage.She comes from millions and has had all in life. The monocles and spats will turn up at Britain's wedding but so will Albert and CW.
I prefer Monaco -and who they represent as they marry; Grace and Rainier for PA and the middle class family that CW comes from. I can relate and identify with these I find something abstruse about Wills and Kate and cannot as yet but that may change.
Deo Juvante

Last edited:
I understand that Renata will watch and will prefer the weedding of Kate and William because they are parts of the british royal family and it's her land. For us, in France, the two weeddings will be on the french channels.Tere were already reports on the future weeddings and on the life of the two weeddings.In France, this year when there is an event in Monaco like the national fest, there are many reports on the ceremony and we could see the entire ceremony on two channels and there were reports on the french channel about the sainte devote fest.Last year there were nothing before the engagement.In the newspapers there are reports on the two women.In the south of the France, many people said they will go to monaco to see the fests(Fireworks ect..) and the monegasque people will watch the weedding on the place of the palace,they could see Charlene and her father cross the place before enter in the courtyard. But Monaco is tiny and it is not possible for Kate and William,for them there will be all the fast of the english court for PA and CW, it is the sunny place the people around them.I will watch the two weeddings and I will very pleased to see the happy couples.Palace of Monaco said there already many channels of other countries which ask to boardcast the weedding.Many of them are from Europe.The others of others continnets, I do not know, but I think there will many people whic will watch the britisch weedding.
In monaco, there are the photo of the engagement in the shops,

Jaya, I appreciate that you live in a country far away, but in Britain we feel close to the Royals, especially the younger generation. Why? Because they spend a large part of their working year going out and about, meeting millions of people, at every opportunity.

The Queen is soon to break all records in that respect, despite her advanced age.

Last year I reported on the BRF forum about an elderly, disabled friend of mine who received an honour from the Queen for her youth work; this was at Holyrood Palace, very close to my house.

So how can you say that the British monarchy isn't close to us?

By contrast, PA with his private plane and constant travelling, is not as close to his people than one may imagine. There have been many column inches written about his absences.

Prince Albert is very closed to his people, he knows all the native monegash people, he wants to share his happiness with the monegasque people, it is why he will marry in the courtyard and the people of Monaco could attend the weedding.He received all the people of Monaco on the place of palace at each event(entronement, birthday, during the week before the national Fest and during the christmas week, he received many people and he visited the hospital,he received poor people in the associations and gave gifts.I can say you that he is very loved and appréciate by the people of Monaco and when the travels with his private jet, it is for his duty.
Royal british family is also very critized by british people and
some of them want a republic. But here it is not the subject and if we begin to critize each royal family, it will never finish, I think we must have respect for the royal families and stop this sort of battle, because we will find always the reasons why we don't like this family or this royal family. I prefer Prince Albert and Charlene but I respect the english royal family

Lets get back on topic.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions and their "favorite" royals (or families that they follow. It certainly isn't wise to make wide sweeping generalizations about what a particular country or its people do or feel like without producing data to back up such statements.

I am going to agree there is no way Monaco will get the following Britain will and is. I find very little about the Monaco wedding and Kate far out shines Charlene as an individual. Don't forget Albert is paying millions for advertisement for the wedding to bring in tourist and interest back to Monaco. Britain has no problem. When I look at photos of both couples the one I see very much in love is Will and Kate not Albert and Charlene. If Kate gets pregnant right away or around the time of Monaco's wedding I see Britain getting even more attention.
LadyMacAlpine, I totally agree with you. :flowers:

LadyMacAlpine and Sofiero I totally agree with you !!

I think we should stop comparing the wedding of the royals of a country that just about every single person in the world knows of and the royals of a country that many people, have never heard and can't find on a map. The weddings will each be special in their own ways and have parts that make them nicer than the other. Unfortunately when two royal brides marry around the same time it causes a lot of tension and essentially two camps, one for each princess, 7 years later we still have that with Mary & Letizia, we have the pro-Mary and the pro-Letizia and the ongoing bickering between the two camps. I hope that Charlene and Kate will not turn out the same and that on this board and in general we can respect the two women and couples for who they are and for what they each do and stop comparing them too each other and let them be their own individuals...

I agree with you Jonc, but there are so many critics about Charlene here, than it ends by battles, we can wait the weeddings and say what is good or not, but critize before an event wich will be in two or five months Ie an error.I will wathch the weedding of Kate and William but there will not be a surprise, we will sasee the bride in the car the ceremony after the return and the balcony. A part to see the happiness of the couple. There will not be surprise, it will be like other british weeddings.
For the monegash weedding, we don(t know what it will happen.We know it will be in the courtyear, that Charlene and her father will cross the place of palace from the House of Carabiniers to the inside of the courtyard where there will be the ceremony and the future couple will go untill the Sainte Devote Chapel and they will pass by the port Hercules, along the side of the sea and return to the palace, we knowalso there will be the short civil ceremony , Albert and Charlene will receive the monegash people, there will be fireworks and concert and ball for the monegasque like for the enthronement in june 2005.It is alittle like the weedding of Grace and Rainier a part the cathedral

On nice matin site, there are news about the weedding, it is for the persons who are interessed by the monegash weedding

here they are not inyrtessed by the weedding, I prefer staying on the french forums where we can speak about news of weedding (cocktail, where there will be the dinner and the ball)

After a while, I´m more interested in this wedding then about this one in the UK.
Maybe it´s because it´s a reigning Prince who marries.

The article really didn't have any new info.... Melina trust me I'm very interested in the wedding and so are many people, but there's not much info out. If you have any it would be nice if you shared. :)
I'm quite interested in the after wedding banquet and what pre-wedding events will the foreign royals attend??

please do not tell me that Kate and Wills have the psychological appeal of PA and CW. Kate is a not very inspiring and although the monarchy there draws a huge GOtha does not mean the wedding itself is popularity contest.
I think you hit the nail on the head Jaya. Kate does not inspire me at all. I don't find her the least bit interesting.
I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Albert and Charlene's wedding turns out. I am sure it will be beautiful and that Charlene will be a beautiful bride.

Bunte did not say all we learn this week on Nice Matin and on other newspapers of the south of France and that monegash people read .Nice Matin said that the place of palace will be closed and only the people who will have the card of invitation could enter,but there will many big sceems in the municipality and the persons who will not be hosted could see the weedding. there is the road they will take by car to go to Sainte Devote what streets they will take to make a round in the municipality.
There will be a big coktail on the place of Palace for the people of monaco after the civil weedding like prince Rainer and Grace did in 1956.
The dinner and ball will be in the ocean museum of Monaco in front of the sea and the site is very beautiful.
The cards of invitation are sent to the royals courts, heads of state and high personnalities but there are no news who will there, the palace says nothing about that.
there will be also fireworks and concerts, and the ceremonies will be boarcast with others fests

Charlene does not inspire me at all. I don't find her interesting. Albert and Charlene dont have any appeal and when you the the response or answer from the world via forums on the web, there is no much coverage regarding albert and charlene. Albert is American via his mother, why an american channel dont do a reportage on "behind the scenes of the monaco's wedding" as they actually do for william and kate? maybe because there is no so much interest

Charlene does not inspire you, it is your opinion, but now, all the french newspapers speak on her and the future weedding,Point de Vue, Match, Royals, Gotha, Celebrity, the news on line, purepeople, zimbia, actustars, orange,news elle,and so, there were already two reports on the two weeddings, on the antenne 2 channel the one channel.They speak generally about the two weeddings,but do not say that the weedding of Monaco do not interesse anybody in France.In french forum many people say that they want to watch the weedding of Monaco and there is long time to wait, there are people' but they are not many )who are more interest by the weedding of William .American forums are not interrest by Albert and Charlene, Albert, american or not, american forums are always interssest by the english royals, it is a fact, my E mail is full of news of the weedding of Charlene and Albert that Google and Yahoo send me all the day.But there is a dicton in france you know(il n'y a pas pire aveugle que celui qui ne veut pas voir).I prefer the weedding of Albert and Charlene, the english weeddinf doen-t interest me, we saw so many english royals weeddings we know what will happen ( carriage, office and so) and I will stay on french forums because they are more tolerant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom