Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but, again, CW looks like a static, almost lifeless doll. What's happened to her curves and other attributes?

Yes, but, again, CW looks like a static, almost lifeless doll. What's happened to her curves and other attributes?
Are you talking about that picture in BUNTE? I think they photoshopped Charlene's head on the curveless body of a model. The dress actually is from the Armani collection. Charlene will certainly have a something new designed especially for her, so we can be sure that her dress will not look like something Armani has already shown, imo.

I'm well aware that it isn't Charlene's body. I just feel it's a cheek to superimpose her face onto a doll-like, curveless bottom half. It looks gross.

Armani to make Wittstock wedding dress

According to People.com at his lastest fashion show, Georgio Armani announced he would be making Charlene Wittstock's wedding dress for her wedding to Prince Albert of Monaco by saying "Yes, I want to declare, I will make the wedding dress". See the article below.

Charlene Wittstock to Wed Monaco's Prince Albert in Armani Dress : People.com

Last edited:
I still say that Armani will not disappoint and will design something that is modern, minimal and appropriate for the special day. I will wager that CW will look exceptional on her special day. I just hope CW has a dresser there that day to assist her to get in the gown properly without interfering with the design.

I am sure it will be stunning and she will look exquisite. Lucky girl, lucky designer.

Jaya, I agree with you - he's got what it takes - and he wouldn't dare to disappoint :))

A report about the two royal weddings on Fr2 * (Prise Directe presented by Béatrice Schönberg)

Huuuuh, I almost have a little pity with Signore Armani; this is a duty hard to please!

I'm expecting her dress to be gorgeous!
Probably even more prettier that Kate's.
But the tables might turn and it could be Kate who looks absolutely gorgeous and Charlene may disappoint. Who knows...can't wait to see what Armani designs for her:)

ON Nice Matin, in the news of the section Monaco, the palace said that the rights for the TV to watch the weedding are free, Many channels of tv of the europa asked "accréditation' to the Palace for the weedding, in France we will can see the weedding on all the channels.

ON Nice Matin, in the news of the section Monaco, the palace said that the rights for the TV to watch the weedding are free, Many channels of tv of the europa asked "accréditation' to the Palace for the weedding, in France we will can see the weedding on all the channels.

This is good! That means more of a possibility of an American Channel picking it up! :D It'll be good if they do so I can watch and comment at the same time, like I and many others did for Victoria's wedding. It's a lot easier to watch on tv then on the computer. :)

I'm expecting her dress to be gorgeous!
Probably even more prettier that Kate's.
But the tables might turn and it could be Kate who looks absolutely gorgeous and Charlene may disappoint. Who knows...can't wait to see what Armani designs for her:)

Well they are both attractive women, and approximately the same age.
I think they'll both look splendid.
But Charlene will be compared with Grace Kelly- and that sets the bar so high that it would be hard for anyone to match!

Kate only has to compete with the memory of Diana, whose wedding dress was only a qualified success (and which quite a lot of people disliked).

There was a conversation in this thread about the Catholicism. They have to be careful. If they do not marry in Catholic rites, the marriage will NOT be recognized by the State and their children will NOT have rights to the throne at all.

And about CW's dress. She has worn long, white dresses TOO many times and has simply spoiled the surprise, no matter how lovely the wedding dress might be, of seeing her in a long, white pretty gown. She even had a wedding gown turned into the panda dress. It's a shame. There is a plethora of things to choose from and the white-ish dresses seems to be her thing?

She was much more beautiful before all the "transformations" were done. They've done away with any natural beauty she had and replaced it all with something stifling and not really elegant or pretty. It's like watching a exaggerated cardboard cutout.

There was a conversation in this thread about the Catholicism. They have to be careful. If they do not marry in Catholic rites, the marriage will NOT be recognized by the State and their children will NOT have rights to the throne at all.

May ask where you come by that information? I just had another look at the Constitution a bit ago with the succession laws and the only thing I found dealing with religion at all was one line that said Catholicism was the state religion. Nothing else. If there's laws dealing with the religion of the sovereign and any potential brides or children I'd like to know what it is. And I'm not trying to contradict you, I've just never seen such a law and if there is one I'd like to get chapter and verse on it.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

The mother of Prince louis, the son of prince Albert was protestant,the conjoint of a prince sovereign can be protestant, the only thing who is important for the future heir is that their parents have a catholic weedding and they are married, the prince Albert said in the intervew that the conjoint can be protestant and there is no law for that, but Charlene and he will think in the future. Princess Alexandra of Hannovre is protestant like her father and she is on the line of sucession. all the granchildren of Prince rainier are on the line of succession .Andrea, Charlotte, pierre,Alexandra of Hannovre louis ducret and pauline Ducret are on the line of sucession a part Camille Grimaldi, the daughter of Stephanie, because the parents are not married. Of course Alexandre Coste and Jazmin have no rights on the throne of Grimadi because they are illegitame children. Prince Rainier changed the constitution in 2002 because albert was not yet married and he tought to his sucession, he did not want that Monaco becomes French at his death and illigitimad chidren asked to be sovereign because he knew Albert was a play boy and it could happen.Newspapers say things they
know nothing, until albert has a legitime heir(boy or girl) princess Caroline is the heir, after comes Andrea and Pierre

According to People.com at his lastest fashion show, Georgio Armani announced he would be making Charlene Wittstock's wedding dress for her wedding to Prince Albert of Monaco by saying "Yes, I want to declare, I will make the wedding dress". See the article below.

Charlene Wittstock to Wed Monaco's Prince Albert in Armani Dress : People.com

Im not sure why designers cant keep the mouth shut till the actual day or till a day after the wedding.
Im sure Armani would do a lovely dress especially that she pulls his cuts off well & after her beautiful dresses worn at the CP Victoria wedding but also I have seen a few Armani wedding dresses in the past and they were disappointing & plain.

I agree with Bones and Melina - there is no problem about CW hanging on to her own faith (whatever that is), as long as the Sovereign Prince is Roman Catholic.
And with the number of potential heirs at present, there is no worry about running out of heirs.

There was yesterday a report on tf1 on the two weeddings of the years you can see the report on the site tf1 report is called:
Kate Middleton charlene Wittstock: mariages en vue
You click first tf1 replay than Kate Middelton Charlene Wittstock: mariages en vue.
That is the second reports we see in a week in France:
The first was on Antenne 2 called Prise Directe 25 1 2011:
this report was well done: we have photos and films on Kate and Charlene we never saw. Reporters went to England and south Africa. We saw a film of Charlene when she was training when she was swimmer and when she was compete at the first time in Monaco.
Now the french channels makes many reports on the two weeddings we will see in April and july

Unfortunately I cant watch the video because it's unavailable in my country. :/

There was too much criticism about her dress and hat that she wore for the Monaco National Day festivities. I think that she chose a quiet coat- dress and a simple scarf because of all of the hullabaloo. Some internet news sites and forums were yacking about how she was showing off in church with her slanted hat and figure hugging Armani suit.

All I can say is: She'll learn, whether she likes it or not.

I am glad some of you guys are glad about the wedding. Most of the persons in America and caribbean do not even talk about Albert and Charlene. Some do not know who they are, but there is always reference about William and Kate's wedding on American Television and the engagement was also announced on Bahamian television. Hardly anything about Albert's wedding.

I agree that "small is beautiful", but, with the best will in the world, one can't expect to compare one of the top ten world powers (i.e. Britain) with the second smallest country in the world.

Therefore it stands to reason that many more viewers will know and support Wills & Kate's wedding.

I am not sure what you are reading Bahamagirl, but there has been reference to Albert and Charlene's wedding in some US papers and magazines.

Yes, I agree its not the same level as William and Kate but you have to remember that Americans have had a fascination for Diana and Grace (who is after all American) but Grace has been dead for over 20 years and and a lot of Americans who purchase the typical American ma came of age during the Diana years...and finally, I am sorry...this will sound shallow. But youth is big in America. At least according to advertisers who try to get that 18 to 49 demo.

Plus the British Royal Family has always had a larger following in the US as opposed to other royals. So its a bit unfair to compare the two IMO.

Why can't we all just enjoy any news we hear about both weddings? Why is there always a competition?

And about CW's dress. She has worn long, white dresses TOO many times and has simply spoiled the surprise, no matter how lovely the wedding dress might be, of seeing her in a long, white pretty gown. She even had a wedding gown turned into the panda dress. It's a shame. There is a plethora of things to choose from and the white-ish dresses seems to be her thing?

She was much more beautiful before all the "transformations" were done. They've done away with any natural beauty she had and replaced it all with something stifling and not really elegant or pretty. It's like watching a exaggerated cardboard cutout.

The Panda gown is an evening gown. It is not a wedding gown. It could be used as a wedding gown (sans panda), but it is a BALL GOWN. A stroke of genius with the Panda.

Last edited:
I am glad some of you guys are glad about the wedding. Most of the persons in America and caribbean do not even talk about Albert and Charlene. Some do not know who they are, but there is always reference about William and Kate's wedding on American Television and the engagement was also announced on Bahamian television. Hardly anything about Albert's wedding.

There was, is, and probably always will be a special connection between the UK and the USA.
Unlike many on this board, most of my countrymen are not aware of royal houses, except for the British.
There will be some coverage of Albert and Charlene's wedding, but it will not nearly approach the massive coverage given to William and Kate's.
It's not an intentional snub, but merely a reaction to the level of interest here.

PA did say many moons ago that his marriage will be unconventional.
Only, in this case, the wedding itself, with its date changes, has already caused a minor furore.....
What Pa considers unconventional and what truly is are two different things. What is unconventional about CW and himself?
They are quite square if you actually look at them. They are a happy couple like the rest.In fact they are revoltingly normal for today's day and age.
Maybe unconventional will be later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom