Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in south africa, protestant,anglican or lutherian people used to be called christian,

Bones, I suspect that CW is neither extremely committed to protestantism nor to Roman Catholicism. In her own words: "Je suis chrétien" (she should have said "chrétienne"). She will probably make her judgement on the basis of practicality.

I agree. I don't want to sound like I'm attacking her or anything, she just doesn't seem to me like the sort of person who thinks it is really important what church she goes to. She's nominally a Protestant because that is what she was born into and since she's going to marry Prince Albert she will be a nominal Catholic. I'm not trying to say anything about her soul or spiritual standing -whatever but, like you said, she says she's a Christian and Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, whatever -all Christians so I don't think she would bother much about which church she is officially a member of.
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Yes, she's probably all these things - or none. The only group of people who may - or will - care about her religious affiliation are those Monégasques who themselves have a strong and vibrant faith and allegiance to Roman Catholicism. It would be interesting to see an opinion poll which might tell us what proportion of Monegasques are fully committed / lukewarm / nominal / don't care.

IMO the engagement time is too long.
A January wedding or Februray wedding would be nice and romantic. Plus they have to marry in the church :D it´s too cold outside.

I agree. I don't want to sound like I'm attacking her or anything, she just doesn't seem to me like the sort of person who thinks it is really important what church she goes to. She's nominally a Protestant because that is what she was born into and since she's going to marry Prince Albert she will be a nominal Catholic. I'm not trying to say anything about her soul or spiritual standing -whatever but, like you said, she says she's a Christian and Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, whatever -all Christians so I don't think she would bother much about which church she is officially a member of.
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Do you think God, if he/she exists, cares which club you belong to when you worship?

Okay...enough about religion.

Time to move on.

I think that Charlene will perhaps have deux little maids of honor for her weedding, Princess Alexandra of Hanovre and Camille Grimaldi.It will be fine for them because they are pretty

Because PA is the ruler of a smaller principality and is the ruler as he marries (I.e. Not the heir or heir of heir) does Charlene have more freedom in choosing dress and planning the wedding? Like less political/social/ royal pressure than say Kate Middleton of Victoria did to do it a 'certain' way?

Hope what I am asking makes sense?

Because PA is the ruler of a smaller principality and is the ruler as he marries (I.e. Not the heir or heir of heir) does Charlene have more freedom in choosing dress and planning the wedding? Like less political/social/ royal pressure than say Kate Middleton of Victoria did to do it a 'certain' way?

Hope what I am asking makes sense?

I think she would have more pressure because she is marrying the current ruler.
However with Monaco being how it is, I doubt anyone minds what she wears.

Monaco has always been more independant than the other royals. I think they will do whatever PA wants to do (within reason).

Monaco has always been more independant than the other royals. I think they will do whatever PA wants to do (within reason).

That's what I was sort of thinking too. He might have a bit more freedom per say since he is ruler!

Where should I post this?

400.000 euros to broadcast PA and CW wedding? So, in Monaco you don´t make a move if it´s not for money! Of course the channels think it´s too high a price especially considering that some time earlier, a really big and important wedding will take place, that will be seen by millions and channels won´t kave to spend a penny!
(oh, is my translation right?)

Albert de Monaco et Charlene Wittstock, un mariage hors de prix pour la télé !

He will probably donate the money to one of his foundations or use it to deflect the government security expenses. It's not like they need the money. Monaco's negotiating skills are why Monaco has no debt and the rest of the western world does. I wouldn't worry about the TV stations. They would not have bid that amount if they didn't think they would earn alot more.

Where should I post this?

400.000 euros to broadcast PA and CW wedding? So, in Monaco you don´t make a move if it´s not for money! Of course the channels think it´s too high a price especially considering that some time earlier, a really big and important wedding will take place, that will be seen by millions and channels won´t kave to spend a penny!
(oh, is my translation right?)

Albert de Monaco et Charlene Wittstock, un mariage hors de prix pour la télé !
Albert is expecting too much from his wedding. You yourself said it, another royal wedding will take place earlier, and they don't need to spend a penny!
Let's see how this develops...

This recent news is Monaco's PR failure. Maybe they are trying too hard?:ermm:

Did anybody already ansewr the question, what will happen with the "outdoor" ceremony, if it rains???? (Sorry, in case this has been answered before). What is Plan B in this case?

And no, you never have any guarantee for a non-raining day, not even in Monaco :)lol:). Remember the rain at the wedding of Felipe and Letizia, it has not rained the last 22 years on their wedding day, and.... upppps, it was raining cats and dogs during the wedding ceremony.
BYe Bine

The weedding of Letizia and Felipe was in May and we know that in the South, it is raining very often, I use to live in june and july at the coast ,it is summer, and it can be very heat, but it happens there are thunderstorms sometimes at the end of the day when it is too hot.Only things which can happen are winds ( called mistral) which are very strong and very dangerous for the hats of women,'they can fly'.In this season, the rain does'nt last longtimes.The weedding must begin at 17 hours,it is less hot that in the morning.It ends at 19 hours.They can know the times two or three days before, they can see what they can do, perhaps in in the churchs around.I don't know?But I would prefer a ceremony in a church than in open air.

I don't think is going to rain in that day. I mean, they can't be so unlucky. I would have like to see them get married in the church, too.

Stephane Bern the speaker of french public tv and who belongs to the comittee who works with the advisers of the palace said to day that the weedding will be broadcast on the tv public A2 or Fr3 and he will be the speaker like he was for the national fest on november 19th and Jeanclaude Narcy said to day that the weedding will be on the privacy Tv' the one'.Jerome Revon said that the civil ceremony will be broadcast but it will be very short because the ceremony is very shortHe said also that the civil ceremony will be on thursday june30th because there will be repetitions on the place of the palace the friday.I heard also Prince Albert saying that the civil weedding will be 2 days before the religious weedding in the interview on "classic radio" Bern said also that the invitations to the host people will be sent soon In these days. he says also that the weedding of Prince William and these of Prince Albert will be broadcast on the french tv.

I read that the backup plan for rain was to hold the wedding in the Grimaldi Forum. Maybe it can hold more than the cathedral. I am wondering if they want to have it outside so the old Monagasques can go. Also, it rained when PR and PG got married. I remember PG saying that the Monagasques believe rain is good luck.

IMHO the idea of wedding at place square is very tacky. It can be easily called a street wedding. It's very bad taste. :sad: Why Albert's PR people believe it is modern? What is so modern about this? :confused:

Native monegasque people not the residents will be hosted with a personaly card, they are very pleased because they will be able to attend the weedding ceremony.The only cathedral of Monaco can receive 800 persons and there will be 1000 persons.It is not like in England where Westminster or Saint Paul can receive 1500 persons. Monaco is very tiny. For me I prefer a ceremony in a church because it is not in our habits a ceremony in open air in France, but you people of USA I see you have often open air weedding(Clinton daughter), I do not understand the critics. Prince Albert want to have people of Monaco with them; he said monegasque people is a big family for the royal family Prince Rainier married in the cathedral because there was less poeple who attended , there was no monegasque people and lno royals.IWe will be able to say some critics or no critics the to morrow day Now we don(t know what kind of ceremony it will be but I can say you because I know the place, it is is a beautiful place and there is beautiful view on the the landscape.

He will probably donate the money to one of his foundations or use it to deflect the government security expenses. It's not like they need the money. Monaco's negotiating skills are why Monaco has no debt and the rest of the western world does. I wouldn't worry about the TV stations. They would not have bid that amount if they didn't think they would earn alot more.

Are you comparing a tiny place of less than 2 km, which gets its income from real estate, with huge western countries, with millions of people, unemployment, etc? Yes of course, they are only worried about benefitting one of their charity organizations, that´s why they want the wedding to be broadcast, not because they need publicity!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the wedding will be super huge as the PR team is trying to sell it...but, we'll see that in July next year.
It's funny how PR team sells this as "the wedding of the century". So, the wedding of the century is the one of a 52 year old man who has finally decided to get married with a blonde gal who has achieved nothing but staying in Monaco for years to get a ring? (yes people, i know she is an olympian, show me the many medals she has won and will say she has at least achieved that)
If this the "mariage du sècle" i imagine William's is the wedding of the millenium!

I don't think the wedding will be super huge as the PR team is trying to sell it...but, we'll see that in July next year.
It's funny how PR team sells this as "the wedding of the century". So, the wedding of the century is the one of a 52 year old man who has finally decided to get married with a blonde gal who has achieved nothing but staying in Monaco for years to get a ring? (yes people, i know she is an olympian, show me the many medals she has won and will say she has at least achieved that)
If this the "mariage du sècle" i imagine William's is the wedding of the millenium!

You can be an Olympian without winning medals.

95% of Olympians don't win a medal. They are still considered to be in the top 1% of athletes in their home country and the world. Getting to the Olympics is a huge accomplishment even if you come in last.

It is funny that the media is telling that the wedding of Charlene and Albert will be the wedding of the century. As living in Sweden they said that about the wedding of Victoria and Daniel would be that before the wedding date. Now Albert and Charlene will announce it as well as William and Kate.

Oh, my dear, there are many weddings of "The Century". It is all hype.

Oh, I agree they are all "weddings of the century" because each one brings their own unique beauty; no doubt Albert and Charlene's will, she is beautiful and he has been waiting for sooooo long!; then, William young and handsome with Kate bringing back the memory and elegance of Lady Di; and we just witness the majestic wedding of princess victoria; the balls, the boat ride, the people of her country gave her the love of her life... well, the imagination can go on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom