Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think they shouldn't of announced the date so quickly after the engagement, I'm sure many royal couples change their dates more than once privately and when they're sure of the date they announce it publicly. These two seem to be in such a rush to announce the date they didn't look into the dates thoroughly!

^Yeah, i think they shouldn't have annouced it so quickly, now having changed the date two times doesn't look good. (I'm not saying it's not good, i'm saying it doesn't look good)

All the schedule changes makes one thing that WHOMEVER is planning this wedding didn't look at the Master Schedule of Albert's important events or Monaco's important events. I mean this is Albert's wedding, not a movie date or the opening of a factory. Bad management. Who is in charge of the details of this event? Remind me never to recommend their services to any friends getting married.

And honestly, if you are getting married, why are you concerned that some people are going to be watching the Tour de France than your wedding. That seems a bit ridiculous to me what whatever.

All the schedule changes makes one thing that WHOMEVER is planning this wedding didn't look at the Master Schedule of Albert's important events or Monaco's important events. I mean this is Albert's wedding, not a movie date or the opening of a factory. Bad management. Who is in charge of the details of this event? Remind me never to recommend their services to any friends getting married.

And honestly, if you are getting married, why are you concerned that some people are going to be watching the Tour de France than your wedding. That seems a bit ridiculous to me what whatever.
I love your post. I have a feeling they have chosen the dates and times without looking into things or allowing the staff to. I won't be surprised at this point to see more changes all due to something dealing with sports.

PA's "particular secretary" is Christine Sprile.
Gilles Bandoli is in charge of the palace.
The Press service is run by Laetitia Pierrat.
Chief of the Prince's Cabinet: Georges Lisimachio.

And one of the Prince's Conseillers: Christiane Stahl - who wrote the autobiography.

It's like they are afraid that more people will go to Tour de France or the Grand Prix than their own wedding:ermm:

It's like they are afraid that more people will go to Tour de France or the Grand Prix than their own wedding:ermm:

Well you never know :whistling:;)
Or perhaps it is because Albert and Charlene want to attend those events?

That's it, Lumutqueen !

They're not really bothered about their wedding :))

Everything comes first, then their wedding.

They don't have to be "bothered" about their wedding. She chooses a dress and they both show up on the day appointed and call it a wedding. Nothing wrong with that.

When are they getting married? I am so excited. Quite a few royals have been getting married recently and so i have been enjoying watching the weddings. I really can't wait for this one.:ROFLMAO:

I can wait for this one. I only hope that many people will come to Monaco to watch - and, of course, to spend lots of money on accommodation, wedding souvenirs and the like.

It will be but a shadow compared with the Rainier/Grace wedding.

Last edited:
Well first, I'm not from the UK, never been there and didn't even bring it up in my comment... Second, it looks tacky because imagine CW waiting fifteen minutes at the altar with a train, veil, father, bouquet, restless bridesmaids and page boys and she's just waiting around standing in heels, that looks tacky to me. I've never been to a wedding where the groom enters last, it's a brides privilege on her wedding day to be late. Since they're having a civil marriage the day before CW will already be the Princess of Monaco on hew wedding day anyway, making her the same level as Albert. That's just my opinion anyway you don't have to agree just stating what I believe...
CW's privilege will be to become Princess of Monaco and after the civil ceremony she is not married in the eyes of God so she must acquiesce to the codes of the religion if that may be called upon from her.For she must truly want the blessings of the church to which she has converted.

Re: my post #554, listing some Palace postholders, I've had one or two messages pointing out that I didn't give the Palace's postal address :) ...sorry.

Palais Princier de Monaco, B.P. 518, MC98015 Monaco Cedex

Phone number: + 377 93 25 18 31

This info is taken from the Palais Princier website:
Palais de S.A.S. le Prince de Monaco - Contacts

On Nice Matin today and on Monaco news, Jerome Revon, the producer of the society which will make report on the weedding of Albert and Charlene says that Mrs Stalh the advisor of the palace for the weedding has confirm him that it his society "R&G" which will supply images on the Weedding, for those who want to see the religious weedding, the live report will begin at 4 Pm and will finish at 7 Pm, there will be four documentaries, he will make on the couple all the year long and the society will go with the couple on some travels and the report will be make in 3D. He will be with his Society on the place of the palace for the national fest on 19 november to do reperages for the further weedding

Here we go everyone the "machine" has been turned on, hold on so you don't fall off.

Revon overreacted when he called the event "the wedding of the century"...

How interesting that people on many royal boards doubt that this wedding ever happens. PA & CW have changed the wedding date many times; royal watchers start looking at them as not too serious couple.

in french, we say " hope makes live" it is for those who have hoping no weedding for next year, Prince Albert presents his fiancé to the empress, she makes official travels, there is a society which will make many reports on the weedding , hour is fixed for the religious weedding but no there will not be weedding . Hope makes live

Barring accidents or similar calamities, I can't believe that the couple will split up before the event. Imagine the "brouhaha" if it were to be cancelled. Monaco would lose a lot of money, prestige and goodwill amongst its supporters and collaborators.

I think many in Monaco would be relieved. I feel bad for Charlene. She is being thrown (willingly) into the shark tank. She is in way over her head. The people living in Monaco are very wealthy and very powerful. It's not your average little town. It's a good thing she is an Olympic swimmer!

But as long as PA will protect her with his billions, I can't see what else could anyone "do to her".

But as long as PA will protect her with his billions, I can't see what else could anyone "do to her".
I hope the best for them. But CW may be disappointed by the snobbery she encounters even though she will be prevailing over everybody.. However since they will start a family I am certain she will find herself complete and busy. I do hope she does make many friends in the years to come and that she is understood for her mentality and humour which are different.
Perhaps a better command of French might do the trick...eventually

Princess Grace had the same problems, at the beginning, many prople doubt on her capacities, she came as a beautiful actriss, I read in a serious biographie, that she felt unhappy at the beginnind of her married wife, she had no friends, the only she had were american,It is the reasons she wanted making film with Hitckock. She wanted divorce but the chjldren must stay with their father. But it si not the subject here on this board

Java, what do you mean by her different mentality and humor? Do we know which kind of humor he has? If she has a problem making friends after so long, I would suggest her to change her attitude. Probably monegasques do not like her. And what a inappropriate comment to make about the people in your future country. Is she playing the victim? I do not believe her. It will be an excuse when she divorces.

On another note, Grace didn´t feel comfortable at the beginning because she didn´t know anyone, didn´t speak the language, went to live in a diferent country. And within a year she had been totally accepted by the people. Let´not make comparisons which make no sense.

A couple of points about the impending wedding - both from "Bunte".....

1) Not sure if I missed this, but Bunte claimed on Sept. 16th that the wedding will take place in front of the Palace.

2) Bunte also assures us that "the whole world is feverishly waiting for the wedding".

Well, I'm not exactly in a fever..........not sure whether anyone else will be either.

:previous: mmmm, "the wedding of the century" says Jerome Revon, now Bunte says "The whole world is feverishly waiting for the wedding"
I think they are trying to sell this wedding too hard, i don't think that the whole world can't wait for the event...
I guess Albert assesors didn't expect this to be so uninteresting for the media, so they are promoting the best they can the marriage, but i think is not working very well.

I agree - rather than fever, the whole thing is coming across as a damp squib, in part because of the wedding date changes which make Monaco look ridiculous, but also PA/CW's emphasis on their wedding being mainly about the "Olympic Family".

What about the Monegasque family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom