Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that the civil weedding will be friday 1 july and religious weedding the to morrow saturday 2 july.Last time , it was for the 2july and 3 july, the date has changed? for the weedding of Princesse Caroline and Philippe Junot, it was privat and there was no tv.

I read that the civil weedding will be friday 1 july and religious weedding the to morrow saturday 2 july.Last time , it was for the 2july and 3 july, the date has changed? for the weedding of Princesse Caroline and Philippe Junot, it was privat and there was no tv.

Yeah...I read that too. I thought the wedding was:
Civil: July 2,
Religous: July 3

Are they planning on having 3 ceremonies? One civil, one religious, and one for the people of Monaco????

Ln France and in Monaco there is only 2 weeddings, the civil weedding and the religious weedding,

The Nice Matin article doesn't mention the wedding dates at all that I could see. Where did the idea that the date has changed again come from? Isn't the civil ceremony still on Saturday with the religious service on Sunday, although I do think Friday & Saturday dates would be better.

NGalitzine, it had changed to Saturday, July 2nd (civil) and Sunday, July 3rd (church/now
open air wedding) instead of Friday and Saturday, check out this thread for the whole
explanation! :)

Melina premiere, I don't think it's been a privat wedding without TV as I've
talked to people who saw it on TV that same day the wedding has taken
place and as I've seen large parts of it some years later.

I remembered that we were very desappointed because we could not see the weedding of Caroline at the TV, We only saw some photos of the Family. There is some short videos, but not the whole ceremony, it was said that Princess Grace wanted a privat ceremony. But to day, it is not the subject on this board

NGalitzine, it had changed to Saturday, July 2nd (civil) and Sunday, July 3rd (church/now
open air wedding) instead of Friday and Saturday, check out this thread for the whole
explanation.

No, I knew that the date had been moved up a week and was going to be on the Saturday and Sunday. I thought the previous poster was suggesting the date had been changed again which I could not find in the Nice Matin article.

You go on the site of Nice Matin, you click on the photo of the prince albert and charlene who is down on the left side and you find the article where, it is said that the religious ceremony will take place the 2 july on the place of the palace and the civil weedding would take place friday 1 july. In france and also in monaco, the civil weedding must take place always before the religious ceremony.

Here's the Nice Matin article you are referring to, melina premiere.

** Prince Albert II: le mariage religieux sur la place du palais **

I think your translation was quite good :), so the wedding ceremony will
be an open air event, according to the article as a symbolic gesture to share
the celebration with the people of Monaco.

Princess Caroline's wedding with Philippe Junot (besides the civil ceremony inside
the Princely Palace) has also been celebrated outside and not inside a church,
surely a great setting for Albert and Charlene as well.
Grace and Rainier celebrated their civil ceremony and had all the Monegasques invited as guests and asked they used their discretion in coming as they would after saying their vows go outside to toast with champagne and cake etc. SO that is where this is from and taken .
But as far as the religious ceremony I think they should have inside ST. Nicholas.When you leave the altar you leave behind the guardian angels according to some theology. People marry inside a church- not in open air.Unless they want to parachute the nuptials.What if it rains? Might have a helicopter on hand for a quick getaway.Cannot wait to hear the flavours of the wedding cake.[wink] JMO

I hope they have a backup plan for rain Maybe a tent? or maybe move the whole thing to the church, I'm so upset it's not in the church no great organ music or pictures of them walking down the stairs, no car ride to the palace. oh well it's really their choice, seems they want something low-key in comparison to Ranier and Grace's., who can blame them?

No, I knew that the date had been moved up a week and was going to be on the Saturday and Sunday. I thought the previous poster was suggesting the date had been changed again which I could not find in the Nice Matin article.

So it's been a missunderstanding, I see :)

Jaya said:
Grace and Rainier celebrated their civil ceremony and had all the Monegasques invited as guests and asked they used their discretion in coming as they would after saying their vows go outside to toast with champagne and cake etc. SO that is where this is from and taken .

Jaya, I didn't say that the Caroline/Philippe wedding has been the origin
or ideas provider for the coming wedding setting, I just mentioned it as
a comparable example.

i don´t know if I should call this funny or ridiculous. Are they sure there´s not any important event on the 1 July? It looks like anything is more important than their wedding. Make a decision so that the invitations can be printed.

Has anyone ever seen photos of Charlene's family? I know that she has one brother, or two? Any sisters? Photos of mom and dad?

So, PA and CW changed their wedding date for the 3rd time...:ermm: Very, very strange.:ohmy: It sets a lot of red flags about this relationship and the wedding. JMO.

No, they didn´t change it again. It is on second and third of July. This is the one and only change. (First it was on 8/9 July)
Don´t make it worse than it is.

:previous:
I thought the current reports are saying that the civil will take place on the 1st, and the open air/religious one on the 3rd?!:ermm::bang:

Can't wait for the two of them to pick a date-and stick with it. They should move it to August....just because.:whistling:

:previous:
I thought the current reports are saying that the civil will take place on the 1st, and the open air/religious one on the 3rd?!:ermm::bang:

Can't wait for the two of them to pick a date-and stick with it. They should move it to August....just because.:whistling:
First, it was to be held on July 8th and 9th. Then, because of a IOC meeting, it was to be held on July 2nd and 3rd. The civil ceremony is now on July 1st and religious one on the 2nd.

This is why they should of waited before announcing the date! So they can change it personally without everyone knowing. And anyone who says changing a wedding date is a bad sign has either A) never been married or B) Never helped anyone plan a wedding. So many things need to be take into consideration at a small wedding know imagine a wedding with 1,000 guests!!! They should have waited atleast 2 months after to announce the date so they could have changed it privately, but Im happy either way:D Any chance the Civil ceremony will be televised? I highly doubt it :(

Why extrapolate on the change of the weeding day? First date 8 and 9 july, there was tle comettee of ioc meeting or we know that prince Albert of Monaco wanted the family olympic around them for this event, and thereare many princes who are in this comettee and they couldnt be there for the weedding, the second time 2 and 3 july , 3 july is sunday, and sunday is the mess day for catholics and they also need priors for the service, if they are at the ceremony, there will be no mess this day and it is not very good for the catholics people. This date 1 and 2 july is a right date, friday and sunday. For the weedding in open air, I saw the cathedral it is too small for a thousand persons. Prince Albert also wants share the ceremony with monegasque people. He does want just the royal circle and personality, and people of Monaco is very pleased about this. A part this there is an "encard' called "Princier weedding" on the officiel site of the Palace of Monaco. It is empty, but soon we will have news in it. I understand the critics of the persons who hope there will not weedding.between Prince Albert and Charlene. There will surely be yet some errors but It is a big organization for a big event.

Are these date changes made just to make media talk about wedding?...:confused:

No, I will not say that, Lakshmi, it is the fault of the advisors in the organisation who were under the press of the media who gave the dates of the weedding which were not the good.

From People magazine: "The couple will be tying the knot a few days earlier, in ceremonies to take place July 2 and 3. This switch will allow Albert, 52, and his 32-year old bride to attend the International Olympic Committee meeting in Durban, South Africa, from July 5 until 9."
I would not want to spend my honeymoon at a meeting - even if it is in Durban. An Olympic committee meeting? How un-romantic. Perhaps at first, the palace thought that the committee meeting was not that important and Prince Albert could miss it, but then realized that some of the potential wedding guests would be at the committee meeting and therefore, would be unable to attend both the wedding and the Olympic meeting. I think that this wedding will turn into a Olympic-sized event anyway. Remember the chaos that surrounded Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly's wedding?

FYI, on the ENGLISH version of the palace website, there is now a link under the institution link labeled " Royal Wedding" on this it links to Official Biographies, interviews, photos and media information...however, on any of the links there's just one liner "Discover all the information about the Royal Wedding soon."

EDIT: it's also on the French version of the site-I'm assuming with the same info....

Perhaps all the wonders and speculations of the wedding will be cleared up when this info hits the site.... ;)

to day on the palace website, in the link called "royal wedding", there are photos of Charlene and the prince Albert on the link photos, but we know them already, and in the french version there is the first interview of the prince Albert on Nice Matin the to morrow of the engagement

I agree fandesacs - things were stricter in my day- and the rules greater.Grace did not wear a tiara and she put on pearl earrings for the photos - she did not have them on at the church wedding.The wedding attire of a bride was to be complete in and of itself.I also remember the rule about the not wearing white or bright colours around the bride as a mark of respect that it is her day and respecting her so as not to upstage her.
And as for black at a wedding that was uneard of in my day but nowadays everybody does what they please.And it is different from culture to culture.

PGrace didn't wear a tiara at her wedding, but she did wear a white suit to Charles & Diana's wedding. I remember thinking to myself --- "what is she DOING???" It had a smudge of lipstick on the lapel, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom