The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

I don't believe the story about Stefano's debts. What debts would he have? Both he and PC were millionaires. His businesses would be set up as companies where he would not be individually liable. His brother Marco took over management of the businesses when he died. If PC sold jewelry, it is only because she wanted to.

I also don't believe the story about Stefano's coffin being stood on end. He would have been buried in a locked family tomb similar to the one at the Casiraghi funeral last year, not out in the open in the ground. His wife was a princess!

I apologize for getting off subject but I find these stories to be outrageous and have to be very hurtful for the family. The tabloids will say anything.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

To day, there was on monaco info, a view about the court yard, There are many works, and the report said last week that that the work will go on also at the nights, to day we do not recognize the courtyard, Yesterday, they spoke about the flags which are hanged now, there are the flags of the wedding, red and white with the date of the wedding, the name of the brides and the crown.There are the flags of Monaco and the flags of South Africa.
There are no more places for the concert of the Eagles

Old 06-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
I don't believe the story about Stefano's debts. What debts would he have? Both he and PC were millionaires. His businesses would be set up as companies where he would not be individually liable. His brother Marco took over management of the businesses when he died. If PC sold jewelry, it is only because she wanted to.

I also don't believe the story about Stefano's coffin being stood on end. He would have been buried in a locked family tomb similar to the one at the Casiraghi funeral last year, not out in the open in the ground. His wife was a princess!

I apologize for getting off subject but I find these stories to be outrageous and have to be very hurtful for the family. The tabloids will say anything.
We do have posters that are Tabloid reporters and I am not one if that is what you are implying. Nor did I read it in a Tabloid. Stefano being in debt and Caroline selling the jewels was discussed here and here.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Majesty

LadyMacAlpine, I definitely believe you. I have read that he was heavily in debt at the time of his death in books by several reputable authors including Gwen Robbins...who is or was a friend of the family.

The upstanded coffin story is too gruesome to think about...but I also read that in a book and not a tabloid.

What I didn't know is that Caroline had to sell her jewelry to settle the debts...poor woman.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic. This thread isn't about Stefano Casiraghi.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Back to the tiara wearing debate- I have just posted some close up pics of Grace's engagement set & the diamond tiara on the Grace jewellery thread. The tiara is on exhibition at the Smithsonian until July 4th & so unless it is withdrawn is unlikely to be worn by Charlene ( I would have thought it would have been withdrawn by now if this was the intention as she would need to experiment with hairstyles etc. ) However, what is also interesting is the statement elsewhere on the site that this tiara is now the property of Van Cleef, so this would suggest that it is not considered a Grimaldi tiara.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Monaco Hebdo reports that there is some uneasiness about the cost of the wedding, in view of the economic downturn.

Minister of State Michel Roger: "La préoccupation première du mariage n'est pas vraiment économique. Ce n'est pas un business, c'est un moment de fête."

The first preoccupation of the wedding is not really economic. This is not a business, this is a moment of festivity."

In Monaco, as in GB, the employees can look forward to two Bank Holidays.
The shopkeepers can look forward to increased takings from tourists.

The restaurants and night clubs are getting ready for the festivities.
Michel Bouquier (director of DTC) explains that everything will be themed in terms of "Romance", and they are expecting a very international clientèle.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Michel Roger. However, these situations tend to be "d@mned if you do; d@mned if you don't. They could have had a civil ceremony only, with a wedding dinner for only the family --- at which everyone would have said "it's not like they don't have the money...."

I would give my eye teeth to be there.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Kitty, I don't mind posting here about it, and I might well watch the proceedings on Monaco Info, but that's all there is, as far as I'm concerned.....

Still, it's been interesting amassing lots of data about the event...

Roll on Zara and Mike.....
Old 06-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Back to the tiara wearing debate- I have just posted some close up pics of Grace's engagement set & the diamond tiara on the Grace jewellery thread. The tiara is on exhibition at the Smithsonian until July 4th & so unless it is withdrawn is unlikely to be worn by Charlene ( I would have thought it would have been withdrawn by now if this was the intention as she would need to experiment with hairstyles etc. ) However, what is also interesting is the statement elsewhere on the site that this tiara is now the property of Van Cleef, so this would suggest that it is not considered a Grimaldi tiara.

Thanks for the info.!

Loved viewing Grace's engagement set (btw I recall reading some time ago that Rainier gave his granddaughter, Charlotte, Grace's engagement ring ). However, the tiara shown on the Smithsonian site was only worn once IIRC by Grace at Caroline's first wedding, on loan, specifically at the pre-wedding gala the day before, seen here: http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9...netiaravv3.jpg

***Note: it sure looks like Caroline wore Grace's "small diamond tiara" for the pre-wedding gala: http://i41.tinypic.com/10d7bkg.jpg ***

The Grimaldi Tiaras are few, at most 5 or 6 in total, and that includes Caroline's 2 + Grace's 3 = 5. :) In fact the following site has a very good write-up on each one of Grace's tiaras, and also sheds light on the Grimaldi Tradition of wearing a tiara at a pre-wedding event only: The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Some of Grace's Tiaras

So in summary Grace owns the following tiaras:

1.) "small diamond tiara" by Van Cleef & Arpels ~ http://i41.tinypic.com/10d7bkg.jpg

2.) "serre-chignon tiara" given to her as a wedding present; worn only once at the Shah of Iran's coronation ~ http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1054408492

3.) "bain du mer tiara" given to her as a wedding present; reportedly her favorite tiara as she wore it the most ~ http://i41.tinypic.com/m8l7hc.jpg

*4.)* "ruby & diamond tiara" worn at least twice, questionable if it is a loan or not? ~ http://www.angelfire.com/de3/verenas...es/GraceRb.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/219p2ch.jpg

***Note: I really feel this tiara would look the best on Charlene, and also I question if it is a loan because it is part of a set, seen here: http://s5.tinypic.com/6e3pdw.jpg, which includes the earrings & necklace, so imho this is the 4th tiara owned by Grace.***

Okay, now onto Princess Caroline of Hanover, whom inherited the two most famous grimaldi tiaras from her grandmother, Charlotte:

5.) "pearl diamond tiara" by Cartier; given to Charlotte as a wedding present from her husband, Count Pierre de Polignac ~ Tiara with Pearshaped Pearls |Princess Caroline - Family Jewels of the House Grimaldi

6.) "tiara russe" (aka fringe tiara), the oldest of the grimaldi tiaras, given to Charlotte by her father, and worn by Charlotte's grandmother, Lady Mary Victoria Hamilton, in 1869 or thereabouts, around the time she married Albert I of Monaco ~ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...p;d=1279950618

Fringe Tiara

Tiara Russe or Fringe Tiara

ps: I was wrong in my previous post about Caroline having worn Grace's turquoise jewelry set, here's the one Caroline actually wore: http://www.pantip.com/cafe/isolate/t...0495707-29.jpg
Old 06-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do not know where to put it for sure,here is a tv schedule of French channels with details of Monaco wedding broadcast
Mariage Princier à Monaco : les chaînes de télévision à la noce les 1er et 2 juillet 2011 - Prince de Monaco, TF1, France 2
Old 06-17-2011, 01:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Lenora, you've put it in the right place :-)

A very useful contribution - thanks !

The Eagles Concert on June 31st is FREE to Monegasques, residents, commuters, and people living close to Monaco's borders.

But that hasn't stopped certain people from selling their tickets.
Some are touting them for 40 or 50 euros.

The Sûreté Publique is investigating....

Le concert des Eagles... à vendre ! | Nice-Matin
Old 06-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Courtier

Has Charlene been given any jewellery from Albert? I am not sure how much the House of Monaco has in its own right .... or does it all belong to Caroline? I am so looking forward to seeing the dress, and all the other Royal Guests.

P.S. Please can anyone advise why threads are being LOCKED as I wanted to post a comment in the swimming section and it is LOCKED?

In my opinion I thought the couple looked great in the recent pictures. Albert does seem to have lost some weight too!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Angie, I've seen the word CLOSED against threads/forums.
But I haven't come across "Locked"...
Old 06-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
P.S. Please can anyone advise why threads are being LOCKED as I wanted to post a comment in the swimming section and it is LOCKED?
Charlene Wittstock's Education & Swimming Career This thread isn't closed, the threads with the locked symbol are either closed period, for moderator review or until a specific date.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:24 AM
Administrator

The thread is opened, trying to do a cleanup and its quite difficult when opened.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Alain Perceval and Stéphane Loisy have issued a book on PA and CW, entitled:

Albert II et Charlène: deux destins, une histoire d'amour

The writer from Monaco Télécom has described the book as "informatif sans être rébarbatif"

The authors had the foresight to run the book past Thierry Lacoste, PA's lawyer, and Stéphane Bern also had a look at it.

Albert II et Charlène : deux destins, une histoire d
Old 06-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Courtier

Thanks everyone for the CLOSED threads explanation.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I would give my eye teeth to be there.
Me too Kitty!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Back to Alain Ducasse, the culinary Mastermind for The Wedding:

There will be wines from South Africa on the menu !!

And a word from the grand chef de cuisine:

"Monaco m'a donné la visibilité mondiale que j'ai aujourd'hui" - Monaco has given me the worldwide visibility I have today.

Closed Thread