The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Majesty

The children's presence I wouldn't mind so much....they both are beautiful.

Tamara Rotolo and Nicole Coste at my wedding? No freaking way.

I am not commenting on how anyone else should feel about having the groom's two baby mamas(both who at one time have embarrassed the groom and made spectacles of themselves) at their wedding.

I would not like it at all, period.

Yes, I agree CW sounds like a lovely person.

ETA: Little Eric Alexandre has half-siblings from NC's husband(I am not sure if she was divorced at the time of her liason with PA)

Tamara was married during her tryst with PA but was supposedly separated from her husband. I don't know if she had children from that marriage.

Having said that...I am not sure that the story is even true(that the children and their mothers will attend)

Old 06-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Could become a tiara wedding for Charlene ....

Charlene Wittstock: Ihr Brautkleid soll in die Geschichte eingehen - BUNTE

According to Bunte an "insider" (whatever this means) reveiled, that the Armani wedding dress will become spectacular, a real "wedding dress for history".... additionally she will wear a Grimaldi Tiara. No information yet, which one of the 3 it will be.....
So fingers crossed!
BYe Bine
I hope that this "insider" is right about the tiara!
According to Bunte the Grimaldis own 5 tiaras: 2 from Princess Charlotte (the well known fringe tiara and the Cartier pearl drop tiara), and 3 from Princess Grace. That must be 1. the Van Cleef & Arpels diamond tiara, 2. the Societé de Bains de Mer ruby tiara. Wich is the third tiara Grace owned? She loaned a couple of tiaras, so I'm not sure which ones were just loans.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps one has been commissioned.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Perhaps one has been commissioned.
BUNTE talks about 3 tiaras which have belonged to Princess Grace. So, if their source is reliable, it will not be a newly commissioned tiara. There are several other tiaras which P. Grace has worn once. Of some it it is known that they were loans from jewellers. But of some I don't know if she owned them or not.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd love to see Charlene wear the Ruby Cabachon. It is beautiful, plus it has matching earbobs.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Nadine, thanks for the pictures.
Actually I'm not convinced about your number 3. You call it "ruby cabochon tiara", but the stones in this one seem to be facetted and not cabochon cut. On the other hand the rubies of the Societé de Bains de Mer tiara are actually cabochon cut. So I think that both names refer to the tiara no. 2.
No. 2 is known to be a wedding present to Grace. So she definitely owned it.
No. 1 was worn so often by her that it just can't have been a loan.
I think that she wore your no. 3 only once, and I have heard that it was a loan (but I don't know how reliable that source was).

P.S. I agree that the diamond tiara is very pretty and would look lovely on Charlene. I also hope that she doesn't wear rubies!! Not that I'm supersticious, but I think that coloured stone don't go well with wedding dresses.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Here are my sources of reference:

Grimaldi Family Jewels

Tiara with Pearshaped Pearls |Princess Caroline - Family Jewels of the House Grimaldi (scroll down to the middle, where it talks about all 3)

ADDENDUM: for those wondering what happened to my previous two posts they were deleted by Zonk because of hotlinking. My apologies everyone, as there was not an option to copy & paste per usual those pictures, thus I took a chance, and it didn't pay off. BUT, you can see the pics for yourself in the above links. ENJOY!

I am in a FAB mood, and nothing and no one can dampen it, Monaco Wedding here we come:

Old 06-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Nadine, thanks for the pictures.
Actually I'm not convinced about your number 3. You call it "ruby cabochon tiara", but the stones in this one seem to be facetted and not cabochon cut. On the other hand the rubies of the Societé de Bains de Mer tiara are actually cabochon cut. So I think that both names refer to the tiara no. 2.
No. 2 is known to be a wedding present to Grace. So she definitely owned it.
No. 1 was worn so often by her that it just can't have been a loan.
I think that she wore your no. 3 only once, and I have heard that it was a loan (but I don't know how reliable that source was).

P.S. I agree that the diamond tiara is very pretty and would look lovely on Charlene. I also hope that she doesn't wear rubies!! Not that I'm supersticious, but I think that coloured stone don't go well with wedding dresses.
Oh, you are certainly correct about the facets. Grace did have a ruby headpiece with an ornament on the front that I called the "taxi flag" to go around a "pony tail", but I think it was faceted too. Perhaps the original article's description just made a mistake re: the rubies' being cabachon. I'd still like Charlene in a red/white tiara and earrings, especially if her gown is on the sophisticated side.
On another facet: I wonder if Albert will wear a wedding ring. If he does, I wonder if he will use his father's.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Hmmm, after thinking about it a bit I now revise my original pick of the "small diamond tiara", instead I agree with KittyAtlanta. :)

Reason: Monaco's colors are red & white, thus a ruby tiara of Grace's would be the most apropos on such a special occasion, jmho.

Ahhhh, I can just imagine a fantastical wedding dress (as suggested up above in the Bunte article) being white, and topped off with Grace's ruby earrings and ruby tiara to match the colors of Monaco!!!!!

Off to find pics of Grace's ruby earrings as well, which Caroline & Stephanie have both worn in the past. :)

ETA: Princess Grace Jewellery
Old 06-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

As a change from ruby earrings - why not try PA's macaroons ???

The macaroons will be either ruby red or pale white.

There is also a brown macaroon which symbolises South Africa.

Monaco Info has a short film on the manufacture of the macaroons.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

I think that the third tiara is the one that Princess Grace wore on Princess Caroline's pre-wedding ball and was prominently displayed in the Princess Grace exhibit. Curiously though, does the family own this piece of jewelry or just loaned from Van Cleef and Arpels? Wasn't it rumored too years ago that Madonna was planning to wear this tiara for her wedding?

Grace only wore it only once though. Most reports say that Princess Caroline wore the tiara on the 1983 Red Cross ball but this time as a necklace.

If I were Charlene though, as beautiful as this tiara is, I wouldn't wear it on my wedding day given the fate of the Philip Junot-Princess Caroline union.

Come to think of it, the necklace Caroline is wearing in the second photo looks different from the tiara, doesn't it? The tiara though is obviously made to be versatile as it has a necklace clasp in the end and is framed on a tiara structure that appears to be removable.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/multim...tml?c=y&page=3
http://www.corbisimages.com/stock-ph...carlo--/?ext=1
Old 06-16-2011, 01:01 AM
Courtier

After perusing Princess Grace's wonderful jewelry thread, the following pieces stood out to me:

1.) exhibition photos of several of Grace's wonderful tiaras, necklaces, brooches, earrings, et al, that she wore during her lifetime, accompanied with an article about the exhibition:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/tnsngr/grace.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2dha0cg.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/156wm0i.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/24y4av7.jpg

Cartier pieces worn by Grace Kelly feature in special jewellery display

2.) Grace's red & white ruby pieces that *I* feel would look wonderful on Charlene, as both First Lady of Monaco, and wife of the Sovereign of Monaco:

http://s5.tinypic.com/6e3pdw.jpg (I've seen both of Grace's daughters wearing those earrings before)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2dha0cg.jpg (ditto! Also Caroline has worn both brooches before as well)

http://i44.tinypic.com/219p2ch.jpg (my favorite photo; Charlene would look lovely in all 3 pieces of this magnificent set, especially at the wedding, including that FAB tiara!!!!)

http://i41.tinypic.com/m8l7hc.jpg (by all accounts Grace's favorite tiara to wear)

http://i33.tinypic.com/v2v9kl.jpg (stunning earrings)

3.) random gorgeous pieces, some only on loan one time, but hopefully the others we will see shine again when Charlene becomes First Lady of Monaco next month:

http://i41.tinypic.com/10d7bkg.jpg (my personal favorite tiara of Grace's; simple, stunning, elegant, perfect...)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2n6dyes.jpg (Grace dressed MAGNIFICENTLY for the 1966 Centenary Ball; unfortunately all but the brooch on loan, thus worn only one time; however the *brooch* has been worn by not only Caroline, but also her daughter Charlotte this past year at the Rose Ball)

http://i41.tinypic.com/2003cqp.jpg (ditto!)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2h56ws9.jpg (gorgeous turquoise jewelry set that I know I saw Caroline wearing when she was married to Stefano at either the Rose Ball or Red Cross Ball; my favorite Ball pics of Caroline btw)

http://i41.tinypic.com/b9devb.png (never before seen this gorgeous emerald & white jewelry set on Grace, which I think would look SPECTACULAR on Charlene; perfect backdrop for her stunning emerald green eyes imho)

http://s5.tinypic.com/acsqc5.jpg (I think this brooch of Princess Grace, especially the picture, would look wonderful on Charlene)

http://i39.tinypic.com/iz5b9c.jpg (ditto! By the way, this tiara I've never ever seen before, it's simply EXQUISITE, understated, modest, elegant, reminiscent of the "small diamond tiara" imho)

I've been thinking a lot about how young Albert was when he lost his mother in 1982 (only 24 yrs. old when it happened), and how close they both were. Mother & Son, such a special bond, just as father & daughter are, and how much Albert must miss his mother. Therefore to honor her memory, and make her a part of this very special day, I can see Charlene wearing several poignant pieces of Grace's jewelry. Ahhh, how long & hard Albert must've looked to find someone that reminds him of his mother, just as his sisters' married men that resembled Rainier in some way. Jmho.

"CONGRATULATIONS TO ALBERT & CHARLENE, FIRST COUPLE OF MONACO"!!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent

In a BUNTE interview, PA says he likes CW's cooking, especially Barbecues.

Charlene Wittstock: Fürst Albert liebt ihre Kochkünste - BUNTE

The Carpet has Landed !!

The image shows a detail of the richly ornamented carpet on which CW and her father will walk to the altar.

I mentioned some days ago that the carpet will eventually be cut into 300 pieces; these will be signed by the couple, and auctioned off, to benefit the charities of PA and CW.

Un tapis rouge et blanc pour traverser la place du Palais | Nice-Matin
Old 06-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

When considering the jewels Charlene might wear that were Graces don't forget Caroline inherited much of it and then sold it to pay off Stefanos debts.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Majesty

What...??!

I am so sad to hear that LadyMacAlpine. I wish Caroline had not used her mother's precious things to pay off Stefano's debts...I thought Stefano was a successful businessman with his own money??

Renata4711...that carpet is stunning...will July 2nd NEVER get here??
Old 06-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
The Carpet has Landed !!

The image shows a detail of the richly ornamented carpet on which CW and her father will walk to the altar.

I mentioned some days ago that the carpet will eventually be cut into 300 pieces; these will be signed by the couple, and auctioned off, to benefit the charities of PA and CW.

Un tapis rouge et blanc pour traverser la place du Palais | Nice-Matin
Thank you for that link! That carpet is stunning, much better than standard red and incorporates the colors of Monaco. I like how it has a sort of eastern flair to it, very nice!!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the carpet too. It will be impressive in a large venue.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
When considering the jewels Charlene might wear that were Graces don't forget Caroline inherited much of it and then sold it to pay off Stefanos debts.

I have read that the jewels that Princess Caroline used for Stefano's creditors were pieces her mother had before being a princess. The family was not keen on keeping these jewels anyway as they were reminders of her Hollywood past and were perhaps gifts of suitors anyway. So if these articles are true, then her Princess Grace jewels are intact.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
As a change from ruby earrings - why not try PA's macaroons ???

The macaroons will be either ruby red or pale white.

There is also a brown macaroon which symbolises South Africa.

Monaco Info has a short film on the manufacture of the macaroons.
I'm taking your post as a humorous one...should they be attached to the ear by posts or should they be dangly? LOL

Funnily enough, I have an evening bag known as the "macaroon" due to it's shape.

I'll be glad to accept a box of Hermes macaroons, just drop them off with the butler...
Old 06-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtatum View Post
I have read that the jewels that Princess Caroline used for Stefano's creditors were pieces her mother had before being a princess. The family was not keen on keeping these jewels anyway as they were reminders of her Hollywood past and were perhaps gifts of suitors anyway. So if these articles are true, then her Princess Grace jewels are intact.
Okay, then I feel a little bit better. I can't blame them for not wanting any "Hollywood reminders" around... I read in one of Grace's bios that the Shah of Iran seriously pursued Grace in the 50's with the hope of marrying her, but Ma Kelly put the serious kibosh on her daughter marrying him(smart move, imo ) Grace kept a fabulous collection of jewelry from him though.

Maybe Caroline was able to sell it at a handsome profit.

Closed Thread